Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:23 am 

<br>who wouldn't? <br>If it were released, it should have different mixes on the released tracks! Excellent idea! Crush all Boxes! The Money demos!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:51 am 

Before ZOOT ALLURES and ZAPPA IN NEW YORK were released I read an article in CIRCUS magazine, wherein FZ was interviewed while he and the interviewer listened to the album THE NIGHT OF THE IRON SAUSAGE. The album, of course, was like the salami that never arrived. I'm going to see if I can locate this article on the www. If I find something I'll post a link in this thread. I don't remember much about the article. I remember FZ talking about how he recorded 'Friendly Little Finger'...if I'm remembering right. I was a constantly stoned teenager at the time!

somehow...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:16 am 

<br>[quote author=Chris_Federico link=board=wishList&num=1030718904&start=0#3 date=09/19/02 at 14:28:24]<br>Night of the Iron Sausage became Zoot Allures. The former was originally conceived as a double album, so I always assumed that the material that didn't make it onto Zoot Allures was included on Lather.<br><br><br>CFIs that what this was?  God ,I'd heard about the two record Zoot,but never this title!Thanks for clearing this up for me !Especially without me even asking!  HA!<br><br>[/quote]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:17 am 

:-/  EEK!  That Last posting is hidden in the "Quote"!   How da hell dat happen?  Balls...I say!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:59 am 

All I know about TNOTIS is, that, like asid here before, the record which became Zoot Allures was concieved as a double LP, became a singel one, and the remains windet up on Läther. Things like Filthy Habits, Lemme Take you to the Beach... right?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 4:50 am 

I apologise if it is particularly bad form to make reference to bootlegs in this forum, but I have record that suggests side three at least of the two-record Zoot Allures featured 'Sink Trap', 'Ship Ahoy', 'Munchkin Tits' and 'Drum Solo'. It has been so long since I've had an operating turntable that the only track I can 'hear' in my mind's ear is 'Ship Ahoy', and only because it exists as official product.<br><br>As far as preparing original versions of albums, maybe in some instances, just a re-release (with Spencer Chrislu remasters where necessary?) with bonus tracks? That seems to be all the rage nowadays… bunging on flipsides of singles and bonus stuff from the original sessions. I once picked up an Australian pressing 7" of Deseri backed with Jelly Roll Gum Drops  on the Verve label, credited to Ruben and the Jets, and the mixes are markedly different to either of the CD issues I've ended up with, and, from memory, the vinyl pressing. I think all of this stuff should be compiled somewhere, and tacked on to the end of the appropriate album seems to be the right place.<br>

--

http://standanddeliver.blogs.com
http://www.radiohaha.com.au