Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: VAULTernative VOTE!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:09 am 

So whats the deal?  Anyone know anything about these releases?  Trance-Fusion?  Dance me This?  Rage & The Fury?  Petite Wazoo?<br>I'm a little upset that no solid release date has been set.  I mean Gail said Trance-Fusion this year, but no actual release date is available.  Anyone have any info?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:20 am 

It is a bloody shame we have no  no new releases before halloween. Halloween was allways something special for Frank but not for the zappa family I think...only some shitty moving pumpkins on the frontpage of Zappa.com. If you call the answering phone of Zappa.com you get answers from a girl that doesn't know shit...what is happening ???? I started a topic called why no new releases but i think the zappa fans had fallen asleep...almost no replies... :'(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:21 am 

WE NEED THE ROXY VIDEO !!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:48 am 

RIGHT ON BROTHER!!! We don't need Baby Snakes on dvd..we allready know that one...we need new stuff...like Roxy!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:38 am 

we want every fucking thing that's in the vault or elsewhere for that matter to be released...what's the point in being an artist and having no one "see" your work....there's no point he made the music in order for it to be heard, seen whatever. give us the works now !!!

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

Post subject: Re: VAULTERNATIVE VOTE!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:02 pm 

hey where is the voting booth? I finally came back to this topic after a boatload of emails... [and now the hooplah.]<br>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:08 pm 
Banned

[quote author=unica link=board=wishList;num=1034209066;start=15#28 date=11/06/03 at 03:48:46]RIGHT ON BROTHER!!! We don't need Baby Snakes on dvd..we allready know that one...we need new stuff...like Roxy!!!![/quote]<br><br>We've been waiting for Baby Snakes on DVD longer than we've been waiting for the Roxy concert. If you want the Roxy concert, go dig up your copy of "Roxy & Elsewhere" and play it. I WANT BABY SNAKES ON DVD, AND TRANCE-FUSION ON CD!

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:14 pm 

I think you have to be in a big town with a lot of competition between record stores, to see any thing like the OZ debacle or the relatively fine EIHN or the ca. '98 Memorial tribute guitar compilation (Dweezil produced); i've seen all at Amoeba , new, not used for pretty musch less thatn it'd be, esp incl S&H via Barfko-Swill. But for many this would not be an option.<br>Also 'Dance me This ' refers to dance IE modern dance y'know what happened to 'ballet' after Martha Graham; and thus relates to Lumpy Gravy which 'started out as a ballet but probably never quite made it'. TanceFusion will be instrumental music. There will always be those who prefer the past, and the distant past at that, to the present or even the more recent past, much less the FUTURE. "You're frightened - your future" "The future is scary IT SURE IS!" "the puddle of piddle which used to be little is rising around you (rising around you) YOU LIKE IT - it gives you something to do In the night time"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:57 am 

Well now frank is gone that does not make sense anymore...everything that is available is interesting enough to release!!! It is unbelievable they released FZ:OZ with all his limits. Zappa toured Australia in 1973 and even broadcasted some pieces of Sydney in a radio program mixed and all...you can get it anywhere but not from the vault??? Seems we have to do with some vaultmeister that is blind an deaf!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:58 pm 

And you know what??? The two concerts of june 24 and 25 are most possibly edited and mixed by f<br>Frank himself. The tapes I have are in stereo and superb sound. Some great versions of songs are on there like a SWANK version of Inca Roads with Sal Marquez on vocals!! And Ruth Underwood being introduced as the one with the immense tits and little mallets. ;D WELL THIS ONE IS READY FOR RELEASE! :P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:38 pm 

After listening to the two Sydney 1973 concerts I have to add this little announcement of Frank at the beginning of the song Inca Roads:<br><br>"The reason we wanted to do it swank is because we are recording this tonight and if all goes well we have an Australian live album ready to present to you by the time we finish out tour. "<br><br> :P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:18 am 

tried the link = vote. either not there {that would be odd as i get on avg. 3 notices per day in my email about it} or just too complex for me to get thru.. o well just killing time here anyway

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:42 am 

At least ZAPPA is still alive in Holland!<br><br> http://www.amc-tonpors.nl/zappa/  :P