Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:26 am 

You'd think a 10 year anniversary would surely be an occasion to capitolize on.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:50 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=wishList;num=1067423663;start=30#37 date=11/19/03 at 12:31:27][center]I would just like to say that until we know why<br>there have been so few releases from the ZFT, <br>some of you people shouldn't come up with all these kinds of accusations, <br>and assume a lot of stuff you really don't know anything about.<br><br>In two weeks it's ten years since Frank Zappa died, <br>and I think we should show Gail and the Zappa family some respect.<br>They deserve it. <br>And we are getting the Baby Snakes-DVD.<br>Thank you and a Happy Franksgiving![/center][/quote]Just to clarify something.<br>ZFT wouldn't be able to release anything if it wasn't for the fans.<br>WE aren't the ones that should be bowing down and HOPING they will be graceous enough to sell another overpriced FZ object .<br>  Don't you think, for the ten year anniversary, we should be celebrating the man's life with an incredible, larger than life, release from ZFT???<br>I do.<br><br>(the music was so important to FZ, he would lose money so we could listen to it.)<br><br>a very good example of this is the LSO releases, or the ORCHESTRAL FAVORITES releases. At the time, FZ knew he wouldn't make money on them, but he wanted his music performed by a human ochestra, so he could listen to them at home....and then gave us access to it.<br>  He made no money on them.<br>This is the mentality ZFT has to bring forward, and it will fall into place for them.<br><br>something re-released is kinda.....I don't know, just a re-release.<br>  <br>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:07 am 

"frank worked thirty years 7 days a week there must be some material down in the vaults "<br><br>I may not be telling you guys anything, but when Frank died, the BBC (UK) did a one hour TV documentary of Frank including excerpts of his last full interview, which I have on video tape, (plus the full interview on cassette (ah, remember those?))<br>Anyway, in one of the opening shots, the camera goes down into the vaults under the house.<br>Man, there was so much stuff down there, I just presumed like many people on this site, that stuff would be out at the rate of 2 a year.<br>OK these things can take time, but you can bet there is almost anything you want under there.  Don't forget, Frank acquired ALL his old masters.<br> 8)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:12 am 

Will someone give Trendmonger a tablet, I think he's starting to FREAK OUT(!!) on this thread.<br><br>And its capitAlise by the way......<br> ;D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:32 am 

Part of the "The Keeper of the Flame" interview with Gail Zappa in Mojo magazine january 2004: <br> <br>Also just released is the Ensemble Modern on RCA playing the music of Frank Zappa. Another classical project is a documentary made by dutch film maker Frank Scheffer. He wants to make a film about Frank the composer. We are just trying to raise the money and finish it as a feature film by the end of next year! <br> <br>Further audio releases include the much noted Trance-Fusion and Dance me This sets. <br> <br>Then there is two CD/Film projects, the first a collection of of Frank's performances of composer Edgar varèse, the second a new version of 1974's Roxy and Elsewhere live set. <br> <br>The Roxy is archive footage with all the material Frank allready mixed. There is a whole other cd, but the problem is that there is no synchronisation. It took a lot of money to put it together. Now we have 4 hours of raw footage to deal with. We have just started going thru (tapes of ) interviews so now we have Frank telling us what we should do with certain things. He is still the boss!  <br> <br> <br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:06 am 

[quote author=trendm0nger link=board=wishList;num=1067423663;start=0#11 date=11/12/03 at 08:26:01]well, have fun swallowing the expensive BABY SNAKES DVD.....it's already been chewed up for ya. Nothing new on the DVD........NO EXTRAS!!<br>  Seems some extras would have been an easy option. My VCD will do me fine.[/quote]<br><br>Whoaaa! trendmonger  The Big Thing about the DVD is 5.1 surround sound.  FORGET your video man, this blows it away.  This is like you're (almost) there man.  Terrific remixing done by Dweezil (and credit where its due)<br> 8)