Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:31 pm 

I'm always singin along with Zappa....in the car..in the shower..I got it down pretty good.   If you hold the Apostrophe CD case with your reflection superimposed on his just right and sing along it looks like he's doin the singin..which he is...but you see it...kinda like Clutch Cargo.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:48 am 

FYI, FZ does exist in the karaoke world. You want to see some jaws drop? Try singing "Dinah Moe Humm" or "Dirty Love" in front of a bunch of country music fans. I've done it and it is downright hilarious! I'm pretty sure I've seen "Valley Girl" on the list but I haven't sung that one yet.<br>Hell, if they put "Harder than Your Husband" on the docket, it might become a hit single, with a bullet!<br><br> :Ddaisy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:34 am 

[quote author=Zardoz link=board=wishList;num=1077665468;start=0#2 date=03/27/04 at 07:13:27]<br><br>I've done "Dinah Moe Humm" in front of a bunch of Blue Haired Little Ole' Ladys that like Tammy Wynette. They were clutching their purses and in total disgust, and I did the song with graphics. It was a thrill someone paid my entire bar tab that night, cause they thought it was hysterical.  ;D 8)[/quote]<br><br>i have some friends that have a party every year and put together a "house" band just for the occasion. so far they've learned, "Bobby Brown Goes Down", "More Trouble Everyday" and "My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama"....guess who gets to sing em?<br><br>me baby, yeah, me!! it's so much fun!!!<br>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:04 pm 

Zardoz....and Ya'll,<br>You would really dig the joint near my house in Mt. Airy, MD. It's called Lu and Joes. A real biker joint....Friday and Saturday...the Harleys are are lined up in their glory! It is owned and operated by a Thai family. They have excellent Thai food on their menu which is an anomoloy for them hills. This place is right off of I70, kinda in the middle of nowhere. Crabs in the summer, prime rib, chile...etc...and let's not forget, Dinah Moe Hum. Break out yer 40 dollar bills...and give it a try!<br> ::)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:15 am 

can i come too? i then will perform the song massimo did in the dub room special, its called ´tengo una minchia´or something like that. in italian. cant speak but diggit! guess the bikers will have fun with that. <br>love, <br>wz.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:58 am 

[quote author=wowie_zowie link=board=wishList;num=1077665468;start=0#10 date=03/29/04 at 10:15:44]can i come too?love, <br>wz.[/quote]<br><br>you know how the saying goes, "the more the merrier" wz. hell, we should have an all out convention....wait, i have i a karaoke machine AND a copy the karaoke cd with Dinah Moe Hum & Dirty Love on it. Bring the Massimo song and I'll provide the bun. I'm sure someone can bring the chicken to measure thingZ with. Zardoz, you up for that?<br><br>Hotcha!!!<br><br> :D :Ddaisy<br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:01 pm 

[center][quote author=xyqa link=board=wishList;num=1077665468;start=0#12 date=03/30/04 at 13:39:07]the end of april and beginning of may i'll be in wash dc and wilmington, de and oxford, pa...is that close to anyone for a little zappa-time?<br>[/quote]<br><br>yup! i'm up for that <br> ;D <br><br>2 I said TWO girly zappa fanatics meeting up for some Zappa time, how fucking cool is that? <br>Who else wants to join in da fun?<br> :P :P :P :P ::) :P :P :P :P<br>;D[/center]<br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:58 pm 

[center][quote author=white person link=board=wishList;num=1077665468;start=0#14 date=03/30/04 at 14:55:45]<br><br>Count this girl kind of a guy kind of a girl thing in!<br>If we carpool, I might have the pleasure of driving miss daisy again.<br> 8)<br>[/quote]<br><br>I'd be most honored, mista dubyaP[/center]<br>[right]Image  [/right]<br><br><br>