Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:57 pm 

I just want to say (which sounds strange) that I was disappointed that they released Baby Snakes. Yes it is a great film of Zappa in concert, but you can do better than that! <br><br>I'm sorry but I'm not interesting in seeing zappa in.. You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore either and I've seen Baby Snakes one too many times.  I want the real stuff.....<br><br>Can't you put something together like Zeppelin did? which gives all the great black and white footage and rarities that fans of The Mothers of Invention want?<br><br>I haven't followed the progress of new material on zappa websites but one thing I do is...check the dvd's at best buy to see if maybe they will put out a "good" Zappa DVD that not only the Fans deserve but Mr. Frank Zappa deserves to have out about him and the mothers. <br><br>I looked just recently and found two zappa dvds after years of looking...I got excited then then...oh man Baby Snakes..and you can't do that on stage anymore.<br><br>Please don't put out 200 motels!!!!!!!<br><br>We've seen it..and to tell you the truth I get more enjoyment watching the A&E Biography about Zappa..<br>now thats footage!!! the great black and white footage!<br><br>Give me that lots of that...<br>Put it on a video tape and send it to me I don't care make it a Mpeg and send it to me!!<br><br>hey put it on DVD then I think you've got something!!<br>I think you will make money<br><br>How can an artist that has done probably the best archiving of any artist in the world not have anything released?<br><br>I think you need to hire Jimmy Page to release all Zappa's material can you imagine...you'd have to build a frank zappa store! But it would be out and in my hand by the end of the year...I bet jimmy page wishes he could have been as smart as frank and recorded everything zeppelin did...but I'm glad he didn't I have enough now with the double DVD...and yes wasn't it a gold mine... give them what they want and you'd be surprised!<br><br>sorry for the long little message here...<br>I'm just getting tired of waiting for the mothers of invention<br><br>atomlow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:51 am 

Please release anything...<br><br>Abby

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:12 am 

it would be nice. welcome to the board atomlow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:03 pm 

Thank you guys for welcoming me to the forum. Yeah I knew some people would take a little offense to saying "real" dvd''s. I'm sorry about that....I do think baby snakes is a fabulous DVD (well I haven't seen it on DVD so fabulous VHS) and 200 hotels isn't half bad either. I'm just another person whining..hoping someone will do something about all this.<br><br>I'm surprised Frank never put out any mothers footage before he passed away but maybe he thought that would be a step back and I can understand it if that's the case.<br><br>I'm not sure how nostalgic Mr. Zappa is?<br><br>Though I would be excited to see a DVD of the Roxy ok that would be a nice surprise to see if I walked into best buy!<br><br>I'd be very interested in seeing more footage of Frank being Frank...I'd like to know more about the man..I'd like to see him in black and white footage playing a nasty solo with his wah!! yes! ok later<br><br> :o

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:56 am 

old footage you're not gonna get.<br>In 1992 FZ answered the ZAPPA PUMPKIN HOTLINE.<br>I was able to get through and speak to FZ for about 20, YES I recorded it.....I asked FZ for the same thing....the original MOTHERS footage. At the time I had VIDEO FROM HELL, DUB ROOM SPECIAL, and DOES HUMOR BELONG IN MUSIC and THE TRUE STORY OF 200 MOTELS all on VHS from BARFKO.<br>   FZ told me there was no other footage, "That's it" he said.<br><br>Of course a year later UNCLE MEAT was released and there was more footage.<br>"The truth is nooone wanted to point a camera at us. "<br>Is what FZ told me.<br>  Perhaps it is all the footage owned by the ZFT????

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:31 am 

I think there is more footage then we know..Essen 1968, Paris 1968, Liederliches,  :P...you can all find it on the newsgroups!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:18 am 

What about the "Burnt Weeny Sandwich" film that was made & only shown to a handful of college students back in '69 or '70  ???

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:56 am 

[quote author=XTChuck link=board=wishList;num=1077091051;start=0#7 date=03/22/04 at 11:18:17]What about the "Burnt Weeny Sandwich" film that was made & only shown to a handful of college students back in '69 or '70  ???[/quote]<br><br>you can find very bad copies of that on the newsgroups..but also :<br><br>The Bitter End NYC 1967, Years of Lightning 1967<br>