Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ROXY DVD's????
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:40 am 

How about a thread discussing the ROXY performances DVD/CD/theatrical release?<br><br>Does anyone out there (admin.?) know the REAL DEAL regarding the ROXY DVD situation? And what about all the other Honker videos, when will these make it to DVD format? Is this going to be a "Vaulternative" effort or will they be released by another company?<br><br>-Studebaker Hawk<br>(PS: let me put my "vote" in again- I would like to see a DVD RELEASE. Theatrical would be nice but if I could have it my way I'd have a DVD in my hands ASAP. -SH)<br><br>

Post subject: Re: ROXY DVD's????
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:00 am 

There's plenty of discussion about this DVD occurring under the "Wish List" folder....<br><br> :)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:23 pm 

The Roxy series definately needs releasing on DVD. There's not much hope for a theatre release over here!!!<br><br>I live in a sllepy old part of England and saw an awesome performance by a Zappa tribute band last night - the Muffin Men. A small art/music venue but it was packed. There are Zappa fans over here, they sometimes need to come out of the closet. Or should I say 'go into the closet'.....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:10 pm 

still waiting whitey ? mes am too.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:24 pm 

Did a "Roxy DVD" search on Google. It's available now !!!<br><br>Image<br><br>This one's probably not as good though............

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:42 pm 

[quote author=white person link=board=wishList;num=1030027234;start=0#3 date=01/22/04 at 15:53:14]This is (was!) the oldest not-replied-to thread on the forum.<br>I just felt bad for it, hence the post.<br><br>Update: still waiting on the Roxy dvd.<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Me too... 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:21 pm 

<br><br><br>[quote author=Mr_Green_Genes link=board=wishList;num=1030027234;start=0#6 date=01/22/04 at 17:42:35]<br><br>Me too... 8)[/quote]  <br><br><br>  <<<<,..still waits..zz..<br>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:46 am 

So friggin' sad....<br><br>Every time I look at the trailer, it kills me.  <br><br>Man, if I could spend *ONE YEAR* working at Barfko-Swill with carte blance, do you *REALIZE* how much I'd get done!?!?!?!?   *ONE YEAR*<br><br> ??? ??? ???

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:18 am 

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:48 am 

So, how many YEARS does that actually take?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:49 am 

[quote author=Lobster Man link=board=wishList;num=1030027234;start=0#10 date=02/20/04 at 18:48:35]We've been through this: It's not ready yet.<br><br>FZ's stereo mix of the music has probably been linked up to the video of the concert, but they still have to remix the audio into 5.1 and link that up to the video of the concert, all the while spending a great deal of Gail Zappa's money trying to put this together in order to put out a DVD with a $24.99 retail price ...<br><br>huffapuffapuffahuffapuffa.<br><br>Did anyone read that?[/quote]<br><br>REALLY?  Do you really think that *all of this time* that they've been diligently at work on putting this out?  When was this project started?  Yes, I certainly agree that it is "not ready yet" but I don't think that's due to the fact that they've been working on it - I would imagine it's due to the fact that they're NOT working on it.  <br><br>Or better yet:<br><br>They don't do no good <br>They never be workin' <br>When they oughta should <br>They waste your time <br>They're wastin' mine <br><br> :P

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:35 am 

*Sigh*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:48 pm 

[quote author=Old Fart At Play link=board=wishList;num=1030027234;start=0#14 date=04/19/04 at 19:26:04][center]No, they ARE working on it.[/center][/quote]<br><br>yea, underneath virginia<br>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:38 am 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=wishList;num=1030027234;start=15#16 date=04/19/04 at 21:48:57]<br><br>yea, underneath virginia<br>[/quote]<br><br>Ha - exactly!  <br><br>I can't stand it when they say they're working on it.  I don't count glancing over it once a quarter to ponder another edited frame.  They ain't doin' squat<br><br> >:(

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:03 am 

[quote author=Old Fart At Play link=board=wishList;num=1030027234;start=15#20 date=04/20/04 at 22:41:54][center]<br><br>I'm saying that they (slime, white person, Penguin) should be more patient, because it's going to be at least a year before the Roxy DVD comes out.[/center][/quote]<br><br>I agree that it'll more than likely be at least a year before the Roxy DVD comes out.  But why on Earth should I be *patient*!?!?!<br><br>They've been promising this one for the last couple of years and keep slacking on it.  It's not my fault that they dropped the ball on the project.  So *hell yes* is the answer to whether or not I will be impatient about it.  To me, personally, it's much more important than anything that has been released of Frank's mat'l post-mortum.  Of course, that's my opinion and I understand some of the marketing logic, etc.  However, the majority of the post-mortum releases were inconsequential when compared to the importance of the Roxy DVDs.  So why can't I bitch and be impatient DAMNIT!   ;D<br><br> ??? ??? ???

Image Image