Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ZAPPA RADIO
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:47 am 

This might sound like a silly request but it's got to be SO SIMPLE to fix, no?<br><br>Wouldn't it be great if the ZAPPA RADIO on this site, played the music in *random* order as opposed to *chronological* track/album order?<br><br> ???   :-[   :-/   :'(

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

Post subject: Re: ZAPPA RADIO
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:47 am 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=0#1 date=04/16/04 at 12:50:43][center]<br>...got my vote...[/center][/quote]<br><br>Woo hoo!   ;D

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:00 am 

[quote author=PenguinInBondage link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=0#0 date=04/16/04 at 12:47:28]This might sound like a silly request but it's got to be SO SIMPLE to fix, no?<br><br>Wouldn't it be great if the ZAPPA RADIO on this site, played the music in *random* order as opposed to *chronological* track/album order?<br><br> ???   :-[   :-/   :'([/quote]<br><br>my vote too<br>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:10 am 

[quote author=Old Fart At Play link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=0#4 date=04/20/04 at 22:18:35]The ZFT are already working hard on the Roxy DVD, and you want them to waste their energy on unimportant shit like "Zappa Radio"?<br><br>If you don't like the way they play the tracks on Zappa Radio, burn your own Zappa compilation discs.<br><br>That way, you'll get the tracks any order you please![/quote]<br><br>First of all, if the ZFT was working hard on the Roxy DVD, it would've been out ***YEARS*** ago!  <br><br>Second - I own all of the Zappa albums and have burnt many Zappa comp. discs.  I don't really need you to tell me how to take my Zappa diet.  I just thought it'd be nice while visiting the site without my discs on me to hear a nice sampling of Frank while responding to your asenine posts.  <br><br> >:(<br>

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:28 pm 

[quote author=Old Fart At Play link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=0#7 date=04/27/04 at 19:59:00]<br>***YEARS*** ago, DVD technology did not exist.[/quote]<br>Years is a plural...that means more then one. We then conclude he was talking about more then one year ago. DVD technology has been around more then a year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:52 am 

[quote author=ImSoCute link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=0#8 date=04/27/04 at 22:28:52]<br>Years is a plural...that means more then one. We then conclude he was talking about more then one year ago. DVD technology has been around more then a year. [/quote]<br><br>Exactly....  DVD technology has been readily available and accessible to the average consumer for quite some time....  I'm certainly not talking about before Frank's death as has been eluded to.    :-/

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:04 am 

[quote author=Old Fart At Play link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=0#7 date=04/27/04 at 19:59:00][center]<br><br>***YEARS*** ago, FZ decided it was too expensive to link up the audio and video for the Roxy film.[/center][/quote]<br><br>Yes, that's nice....<br><br>
Quote:
[center]<br>***YEARS*** ago, the ZFT didn't have enough money to link the audio and the video for the Roxy film up.[/center]
<br><br>They should've sold jackets on eBay   ;D<br><br>[center]
Quote:
<br>***YEARS*** ago, DVD technology did not exist.[/center]
<br><br>??  See my other post regarding this.  DVD technology *DID* exist years ago......  Is this new to you??   ::)<br><br>
Quote:
[center]First of all, my posts aren't "asenine" (It's spelled "asinine"). There are posts on the forum that are a lot more asinine than mine (jaypfunk's posts come to mind ... as do chas beer's).[/center]
<br><br>While I agree that many others leave asinine posts (thanks for the spelling correction actually - I appreciate it!), I still carry the opinion that you do as well.   :P<br><br>[center]
Quote:
Second of all, why don't you just play your stereo while you read the asinine posts on the forum? [/center]
<br><br>As stated in my previous posting (apparently not clearly enough though), I made this (what I thought was harmless) request in the scenario of hanging around on the Zappa forum when I did not have my Zappa CD's with me.  Believe it or not, I sometimes do leave the house without them (a sin that may be!)<br><br>[center]
Quote:
(Oh yeah, sure -- I'm asinine ... what's next? You're going to say that the whole forum is asinine?)[/center]
<br><br>??? Ummm.... no.   ::)<br><br>[center]
Quote:
For an experienced FZ fan, you aren't very bright, are you?[/center]
<br><br>Why do you say that?  Because I misspelled 'asinine'?   ???<br>

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:52 am 

[quote author=Old Fart At Play link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=0#7 date=04/27/04 at 19:59:00][center]<br><br>First of all, my posts aren't "asenine" (It's spelled "asinine"). There are posts on the forum that are a lot more asinine than mine (jaypfunk's posts come to mind ... as do chas beer's).<br><br>[/center][/quote]<br><br>Hey OFAP.....<br>SUCK MY COCK YOU LITTLE FAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>(nothin' "assessaniene" there huh ya little prick??)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:00 am 

[quote author=Old Fart At Play link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=0#12 date=04/28/04 at 11:16:37][center]<br><br>Say, jaypfunk, when are you actually going to have something to say, instead of just going around randomly insulting people, huh?[/center][/quote]<br><br>Never Never Never!! You crusty little fur burger!!<br>Bend up and smell my anal vapor, your face is my toilet paper!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:20 am 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=0#11 date=04/28/04 at 10:52:46]<br><br>Hey OFAP.....<br>SUCK MY COCK YOU LITTLE FAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]<br><br><scratching head><br><br>Ummmmm... wouldn't asking another man to put your penis in his mouth make you gay?<br><br> ???<br>

Image Image

Post subject: re: z-radio
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:49 pm 

[quote author=PenguinInBondage link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=0#10 date=04/28/04 at 07:04:18]...They should've sold jackets on eBay   ;D ...[/quote][font=arial black]lmfao[/font]<br><br>quite a few fz albums left out of the rotation on z-radio, specifically most of the compilations like hios, dhbim, all the ycdtosa's, fz plays fz; even cheap thrills would provide a degree of randomness<br>

Post subject: Re: z-radio
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:21 am 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=15#17 date=04/28/04 at 23:49:47]<br>[font=arial black]lmfao[/font]<br><br>quite a few fz albums left out of the rotation on z-radio, specifically most of the compilations like hios, dhbim, all the ycdtosa's, fz plays fz; even cheap thrills would provide a degree of randomness<br>[/quote]<br><br>Amen brutha - Amen!  They've already done all of the hard work.... all this would involve them doing is adding a few missing albums and adding a random number generator to choose which tune/album is up next.  Heck, they could probably use the same function used for generating their random homepage (as featured by clicking on the moustache in the lower-left hand corner of your web browser).<br><br>But, alas, I fear doing so would delay the Roxy DVD an additional couple of years.....   :o

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:34 am 

[quote author=PenguinInBondage link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=15#16 date=04/28/04 at 13:20:52]<br><br><scratching head><br><br>Ummmmm... wouldn't asking another man to put your penis in his mouth make you gay?<br><br> ???<br>[/quote]<br><br>I'm not a GAY, but I play one on TV

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:02 am 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=15#19 date=04/29/04 at 06:34:40]<br><br>I'm not a GAY, but I play one on TV[/quote]<br><br>Are you playing one on that poster too?   :o    ;D

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:33 am 

[quote author=PenguinInBondage link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=15#20 date=04/29/04 at 08:02:55]<br><br>Are you playing one on that poster too?   :o    ;D[/quote]<br><br>Yes very much.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:10 am 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=15#21 date=04/29/04 at 08:33:09]<br><br>Yes very much.[/quote]<br><br>Oh....... well, good job!   ;D

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:41 am 

I like to listen to ZappaRadio whilst perusing this here site, but I always find Im on at the same time ( afternoonish ), so Im constantly confronted with either Hot Rats, Bongo, Sheik, Weasels or TGW!......The other day I had the pleasure of being here and relaxing to the complete LSO discs though, so I guess it aint all bad.....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:00 am 

[quote author=Peaches En Regalia link=board=wishList;num=1082144848;start=15#25 date=06/22/04 at 11:40:55]<br><br>[shadow=red,left,300]Stop you fuckin' asshole! You're an annoying little bitch! & ASKING SOME ONE TO SUCK YER COCK & SMELL YER "ANAL VAPORS" WOULD MAKE YOU GAY YOU SHIT HEAD![/shadow][/quote]<br><br>hahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... <br>With the 4th grade coming up for you soon shouldn't you be hitting the books?????? LOL<br>Little fruit!!