Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Next ZFT Release?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:37 am 

Well, October has come and gone and we haven't seen a new release since the double punch of Quadiophiliac and Joe's Domage.  Both ruled!   However, I guess I was expecting a whole bunch of releases before the year's end.  Does anyone have the "scoop" on what's next.<br><br>As I and several others have said, it's time for the ZFT to release a complete concert in the vein of FZ:OZ.  However, if this doesn't happen, they probably should focus on releasing the projects Zappa already completed (Trance Fusion, Dance Me This, The Rage and the Fury).  There's no reason this should take a long time, in fact, any idiot could have released these by now.<br><br>An idea: for the holidays, they shoud release a 'data CD' as a sort of stocking stuffer.  Gentle Giant did this with their recent "Scrapping the Barrell."  A single data disk can include several hours worth of material.  On the Gentle Giant CD, it includes a concert, a rehearsal, a multitude of studio backing tracks and demos from various periods, video files, and pictures.  A listener can search through the data CD, find out what he or she likes, then burn CDs of their favorite material.  The Gentle Giant box set sold for a measely $26.00 (it included the data disk and 3 additional CDs for a total of over 12 hours of music).  Anyway, I think the ZFT should do something like this.  It would be a good way to clean out the vault and put some of this music in the hands of Zappa's fans as opposed to letting the material waste away under the monopoly control of the ZFT.  This might be nice for some of the material that is of slightly inferior sound quality.  Another idea is Halloween 78 complete, the data disk.  But I digress.

Post subject: re: next zft release?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:15 pm 

[quote author=beatlenut[sub]::)[/sub]13 link=board=wishList;num=1101238663;start=0#1 date=11/23/04 at 20:06:33]...Remember, when ur redundant, ur useless.[/quote]just what the world needs; another redundant flaming rant about redundant threads <br><br>[quote author=jeff link=board=wishList;num=1101238663;start=0#0 date=11/23/04 at 11:37:43]Well, October has come and gone and we haven't seen a new release since the double punch....<br><br>.... Anyway, I think the ZFT should do something like this.  It would be a good way to clean out the vault and put some of this music in the hands of Zappa's fans as opposed to letting the material waste away under the monopoly control of the ZFT.  This might be nice for some of the material that is of slightly inferior sound quality....[/quote]<br>2 releases in 1 month plus another in may is nothing to be disappointed about; why should gail/dweez release slightly inferior sound quality product [btb3¿] when there's 100's of fzshows & boots already in circulation;  joe's domage might just be a one-shot deal for inferior sound releases, i'd rather wait for the 3 you mentioned plus any other fz-approved or fz-mixed product that we don't have a clue about<br><br>who knows what's in there and what the monopolists consider of historical importance...the last 3 releases were unannounced, the next will probably be the same

Post subject: Re: Next ZFT Release?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:41 am 

[quote author=beatlenut13 link=board=wishList;num=1101238663;start=0#1 date=11/23/04 at 20:06:33]<br><br><br>CONGRATS YOU ASS ON MAKING ANOTHER REDUNDANT THREAD!  USE YOUR FUCKING SEARCH BUTTON,  THERES SO MANY "WHATS COMING OUT" THREADS WE COULD MAKE A FUCKING SHIRT FROM THEM.  USE THE SEARCH BUTTON, YOU WONT BE A REDUNDANT.<br><br>Remember, when ur redundant, ur useless.[/quote]<br><br><br>Beatlenut, YOU ARE A RETARD!!!!!<br><br>Why should I waste my time searching the forum each time I'd like to ask a question or reopen a discussion? Who cares if a similar question was asked a few months ago.  That discussion ended.  There's no problem with starting a new thread to reopen the discussion.<br><br>Also, there are two parts to my thread.  I also discussed the issue of the data disc.  You were too busy trying to kill another discussion to read my thread all the way through.  If you don't have anything to add, then fuck off, motherfucker.<br><br>Also, I disagree with Slime.  If we limited ourselves only to FZ approved or mixed items, then we wouldn't have much to look forward to.<br><br><br>

Post subject: re: next zft release?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:33 am 

[quote author=jeff link=board=wishList;num=1101238663;start=0#8 date=11/24/04 at 07:41:11]...If we limited ourselves only to FZ approved or mixed items, then we wouldn't have much to look forward to.[/quote]<br><br>[table][tr][td][sup][tt]  .....  [/tt][/sup][/td][td]gail z
Quote:
...We were thinking maybe 20 great releases, but no, it's way beyond that. There are actually finished masters that we didn't know existed...
[/td][td][sup][tt]  .....  [/tt][/sup][/td][/tr][/table]<br><br>i read somewhere there's 40 ready to roll<br>

Post subject: Re: Next ZFT Release?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:36 am 

I'd like to see a couple "Z" concerts released too.<br>  Or Dweezil's "What The Hell Was I Thinking?"

Post subject: Re: next zft release?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:46 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=wishList;num=1101238663;start=0#5 date=11/24/04 at 04:53:55]<br><br>ever heard the expression 'composer's intent', beatlepfunk?<br>[/quote]<br><br> ;D ;D Good one, Lumpy  ;D ;D<br><br>