Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 2 DVD Wishes
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:13 am 

ZFT here are my 2 DVD wishes...<br><br>ZAPPA concert.  The Yellow Shark. Conducted by Frank Zappa & Peter Grundel. Aired on German Pay Per View or something like that.<br><br>Track Listing :<br>1- Overture<br>2- Dog/Meat<br>3- Time Beach II-III<br>4- The Girl in the Magnesium Dress<br>5- The Be-Bop Tango (the Old Jazzman's Church)<br>6- Food Gathering in Post Industrial America<br>7- Intermission<br>8- Ruth is Sleeping<br>9- Amnerika<br>10- Pentagon Afternoon<br>11- Time Beach III<br>12- Welcome to America<br>13- A Pound for a Brown<br>14- Get Whithey<br>15- G-Spot Tornado<br><br>The following one aired on MTV I believe...<br><br>ZAPPA LIVE - 1981 TOUR - LIVE AT THE PALLADIUM, NEW YORK<br><br>This a ZAPPA performance with the 1981 Band. Featuring : Bobby Martin, Ray White, Tommy Mars, Steve Vai, Chad Wackerman & Ed Mann.<br><br><br>Track Listing :<br>1- Black Napkin<br>2- Montana<br>3- Easy Meat<br>4- Beauty Knows no Pain<br>5- Chalie's Enormous Mouth<br>6- Fine Girl<br>7- Free as the Wind<br>8- Harder than your Husband<br>9- Bamboozed by Love<br>10- Were Turning Again<br>11- Flakes<br>12- Broken Hearts are for Assholes<br>13- You are What you Is<br>14- Mudd Club<br>15- The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing<br>16- Dumb All Over<br>17- Heavenly Bank Account<br>18- Suicide Chumps<br>19- Jumbo Go Away<br>20- Stevie Spanking<br>21- The Torture Never Stops<br>22- Strictly Genteel<br>23- Illinois Ennema Bandit<br><br>

Post subject: Re: 2 DVD Wishes
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:10 am 

[quote author=J link=board=wishList;num=1099667582;start=0#0 date=11/05/04 at 07:13:02]<br>The following one aired on MTV I believe...<br><br>ZAPPA LIVE - 1981 TOUR - LIVE AT THE PALLADIUM, NEW YORK<br><br>This a ZAPPA performance with the 1981 Band. Featuring : Bobby Martin, Ray White, Tommy Mars, Steve Vai, Chad Wackerman & Ed Mann.<br><br><br>Track Listing :<br>1- Black Napkin<br>2- Montana<br>3- Easy Meat<br>4- Beauty Knows no Pain<br>5- Chalie's Enormous Mouth<br>6- Fine Girl<br>7- Free as the Wind<br>8- Harder than your Husband<br>9- Bamboozed by Love<br>10- Were Turning Again<br>11- Flakes<br>12- Broken Hearts are for Assholes<br>13- You are What you Is<br>14- Mudd Club<br>15- The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing<br>16- Dumb All Over<br>17- Heavenly Bank Account<br>18- Suicide Chumps<br>19- Jumbo Go Away<br>20- Stevie Spanking<br>21- The Torture Never Stops<br>22- Strictly Genteel<br>23- Illinois Ennema Bandit<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>I too would love to see this since I missed it when it was originally aired, but hell I was only 8.<br>Problem is I doubt very highly that MTV would ever grant ZFT the rights to do so.  :-/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:22 am 

I allready have the Yellow Shark as dvd.....downloadable from the internet. Parts of the 1981 Halloween show are allready in the DUB ROOM SPECIAL video, so ZFT has the rights. Also in this video parts of the wonderful KCETV 1974 performances. So ZFT...release the DUB ROOM SPECIAL DVD now! :-*<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:18 pm 

The MTV concert had Sinister Footwear II and Black Page #2.  That video circulating is actually a combination of the MTV concert and a concert from a TV program that, when aired in the states, was called Night Flight.  <br><br>Whomever edited the video together edited out SF2 and BP2 which is a pity cuz both had great solos.  On SF2, Frank soloed over the waltzy groove rather then the 4/4 groove he would later solo on that tune.<br><br>So if the ZFT ever releases something from those shows, I hope to see those tunes included.<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:36 pm 

I would like an early Mothers movie/compilation.I mean a load of short promo films and live appearances (possibly including Frank's part of that last Monkee's show).<br><br>Then a nice official post 1988 Zappa compilation would be cool too.   Parts of the Prague visit,and that Turkish(?) concert too,and a bit of Yellow Shark stuff....a nice "zippy" mix of his later life happenings with interviews and commentary.  These would catch up and fill in the gaps in all our collections.<br><br>To see that 1960's-1970's Beat Club stuff in nice shape would be a revelation,and the Mother's music videos(the few there are)uncut (like the one with a girl giving "head" to a foaming soda bottle)would be a wild thing!<br><br>Alas,it is just a dream...... ::)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:45 am 

Yeah, yeah, yeah...<br>I would like all of this, too! And of course but also the great 1988 Tv broadcast from the Barcelona Concert.  :'(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:08 am 

[quote author=VCF link=board=wishList;num=1099667582;start=0#3 date=11/05/04 at 14:18:59]The MTV concert had Sinister Footwear II and Black Page #2.[/quote]<br><br>Yes. That was show #2, the midnite show. I have the  complete show including the Nina Blackwood interviews. It's the complete show except for Joe's Garage gets cut off at the end. All copies are like that. Fucking brilliant quality too and it's on DVD!!!<br><br>"The Torture Never Stops" VHS video is a mix of shows #1 and #2.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:22 am 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=wishList;num=1099667582;start=0#6 date=11/17/04 at 07:08:57]<br><br>Yes. That was show #2, the midnite show. I have the  complete show including the Nina Blackwood interviews. It's the complete show except for Joe's Garage gets cut off at the end. All copies are like that. Fucking brilliant quality too and it's on DVD!!!<br><br>"The Torture Never Stops" VHS video is a mix of shows #1 and #2.[/quote]<br><br>same here, but  mine is on vhs, ... incredible quality.<br>nearly direct from master <br><br>the vhs I have has alot of camera mistakes, and much of that was edited out eventually...but this copy has it all!!!<br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:56 am 

[quote author=penguini link=board=wishList;num=1099667582;start=0#4 date=11/13/04 at 18:36:23]I would like an early Mothers movie/compilation.I mean a load of short promo films and live appearances (possibly including Frank's part of that last Monkee's show).[/quote]<br><br>I downloaded this short clip of Frank and the '67 band lip-syncing to "Son Of Suzy Creamcheese". It looked like Frank was just saying "motherfucker" over and over again. Anyone know what show that was from?<br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:20 am 

[quote author=Billy link=board=wishList;num=1099667582;start=0#8 date=11/17/04 at 08:56:59]<br><br>I downloaded this short clip of Frank and the '67 band lip-syncing to "Son Of Suzy Creamcheese". It looked like Frank was just saying "motherfucker" over and over again. Anyone know what show that was from?<br>[/quote]<br><br>Jesus Fucking Christ I just answered this last week.......<br><br>The Bitter End, NYC 1967<br><br>This footage is included in the first volume of "Live From Greenwich Village". <br>Bitter End TV appearance, during which FZ repeatedly mouthed the word "motherfucker" while the band mimed to "Son Of Suzy Creamcheese":<br><br>"The Mothers made a rare TV appearance on Fred Weintraub's new show,<br>'From The Bitter End.'  The minute the camera focused on Frank Zappa<br>the picture went off, a 'Please Stand By' sign appeared and it occupied<br>the screen during most of their first song, 'Son Of Suzy Creamcheese.'<br>Later, the Mothers performed 'In Memoriam, Heironymus Bosch' from<br>their new 'We're Only In It For The Money' album."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:23 pm 

Dear Gail and Dweezil<br><br>Can we have:<br><br>The 1981(mtv ting)<br>The Yellow Shark<br>The Roxy<br><br>Knock it out! no 5.1. just chop it up and tweeze it up!<br><br>There are only so many times a man can watch the Roxy trailer on the BBSNX dvd.<br><br>Where can I download the yellow ting oh omnipresent Jayting?<br><br>Peace

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:48 pm 

[quote author=UNICA link=board=wishList;num=1099667582;start=0#2 date=11/05/04 at 08:22:52]I allready have the Yellow Shark as dvd.....downloadable from the internet. Parts of the 1981 Halloween show are allready in the DUB ROOM SPECIAL video, so ZFT has the rights. Also in this video parts of the wonderful KCETV 1974 performances. So ZFT...release the DUB ROOM SPECIAL DVD now! :-*<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image[/quote]<br><br>I second this request!!<br><br>and third and fourth and fifth and sixth...and so on and so on and so on..........<br>