The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Joe's Blamange
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:01 am 

Joe's Blamange

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject: Re: Joe's Blamange
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:20 am 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=0#1 date=12/19/05 at 08:10:16]Huh? Didja mean Blanc Mange?[/quote]<br><br>I read that and wept! <br><br>P.S. Blanc manges make tough tennis opponents.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:28 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=albums;num=1134581779;start=60#65 date=12/15/05 at 14:46:30]Being that this is the holiday season I would like to extend a few words with articulation of the Infinite Spirit of Frank.[/quote]<br><br><br>Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:08 am 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=0#1 date=12/19/05 at 08:10:16][center]<br>[font=comic sans ms]Huh? Didja mean Blanc Mange?[/font]<br><br>Image[/center][/quote]<br><br>No I did not.<br><br><br>I specifically used <br><br>Joe's Blamange<br><br><br>Blamange has been used many times by many food type people. <br><br>I used it for I like the way it sounds.<br><br>but literally both references refer to the same general food item. <br><br>Nice photo.<br><br>There have been several coruptions of the French Spelling/Vernacular over the years.<br><br>Do the research and I think you will find the answer.<br><br>While dkaplawitz did find some a nice Monty Python hidden clue I must correct the situation and let everybody know Blamange Stands.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:15 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=0#4 date=12/19/05 at 12:08:32]<br><br>No I did not.<br><br>I specifically used <br><br>Joe's Blamange<br><br>for I like the way it sounds.<br><br>but literally both references refer to the same general food item. <br><br>Nice photo.<br><br>There have been several coruptions of the French Spelling/Vernacular over the years.<br><br>Do the research and I think you will find the answer.[/quote]<br><br>blamanche sounds and tastes like shit however you spell it, so most likely it will be a fitting title

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:23 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=0#5 date=12/19/05 at 12:15:53]<br><br>blamanche sounds and tastes like shit however you spell it, so most likely it will be a fitting title [/quote]<br><br>Yeah and I don't like the way Stink Foot Smells Either but I do find the topic of Stink Foot to be very relevant in the Project Object.<br><br>If you are so quick to not even look into the Conceptual Continuity possibilitites of a word like Blamange and see how that would have possibilities for a Joe's Corsaga Project I put you in a group with all the other Lost Zappa Souls that make me want to puke.<br><br>Ever hear of the song Mr. Green Genes.<br><br>MMMM Moldy Garbage Truck.<br><br>Frank wrote about rotten and or bad food and that is not to say that would be the entire scope of my Joe's Blamange Corsaga Wish   <br><br>you are comming up with Knee Jerk Reactions because of some displeasure that obviously goes beyond anything I or the ZFT have ever done.<br><br>I do not think you are taking the time to look at the possibilities here.<br><br>Regardless if the ZFT ever put together a Corsaga Project like Joe's Blamange your comment makes me realize that some Zappa fans outlook on Vault Possibilities is what tastes like shit.<br><br>The appreciation of Franks art is more about Eyes N Ears than Rantin' N Ravin'.<br><br>Your attitude only reminds me of why I took a leave of absence from this place. <br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:29 am 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:42 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=0#6 date=12/19/05 at 12:23:58]<br><br>Yeah and I don't like the way Stink Foot Smells Either but I do find the topic of Stink Foot to be very relevant in the Project Object.<br><br>If you are so quick to not even look into the Conceptual Continuity possibilitites of a word like Blamange and see how that would have possibilities fro a Joe's Corsaga Project you are like all the other Lost Zappa Souls that make me want to puke.<br><br>Regardless if the ZFT ever put together a Corsaga Project like Joe's Blamange makes me realize that some Zappa fans outlook on Vault Possibilities is what tastes like shit.<br><br>The appreciation of Franks art is more about Eyes N Ears than Rantin' N Ravin'.<br><br>Your attitude only reminds me of why a took a leave of absence from this place. <br>[/quote]<br><br><br>fuck sake trendy shut up you big woman. you're idea of joe's blamange (sic) is no better or worse for that matter than all the other ideas we've had put forward. <br><br>The whole joe's series was totally fucked from the start, they shouldn't have called it joe's anything as i think it tarnishes the memory of joe's garage. In years to come if we have a shitload of joe's whatever albums new listeners aren't going to get the saem appreciation for joe's garage because they'll lump it in with the rest of the joe's cack. I know they shouldn't but it will happen.<br><br>Have a look in the mirror trendy, then you'll see someone who wants to make the rest of the forum puke. In your fucked up head you see yourself as above everyone else...you're just a weirdo man, you're not a good example of a zappa fan, you're a good example of someone with OCD. Arguing with you is futile because you're blind, like a religious lunatic.<br><br>On top of that, i think conceptual continuity is a rather cool approach, i like it and i like how zappa ran this thread through his work. I don't worship it howver...i'm more a fan of the music, not some esoteric reference to an album from 5 years ago that makes everyone go WOOOOOOOO and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. If the music was shite, no one would be going on about CC so shut the fuck up about it. CC idolatry is for assholes like you who feel the need to feel better than other fans because they can make more connections on the jigsaw. <br><br>Haha, i take it when you go on your rants and raves it's illuminating and enlightening...if anyone else does it they're idiots. For your information i really liked joe's corsage, joe's domage was shit though and i never liked the title of of either because of the overtly obvious reference to an album i love, i also don't understand why on joe's corsage they used that image of his for the album cover...why have a pic from the joe's garage era on an album that has no music from that time...don't tell me i can guess, there's some super secret piece of CC  tying that picture with those recordings. <br><br>Have you ever thought about the fact your posts pt other forum users off using this site....you won't give a fuck about that though as you are so superior to them that it doersn't matter....much better having a blind "authority" go get a fucking life moron

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:00 am 

Sorry, pal: <br><br>
Quote:
No entry found for blamange.
<br>-- Dictionary.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:10 am 

That's cause we modern folk are ignorant; we don't read enough.<br><br>It's pronounced 'bluh-monj', but that's not how you spell it:<br><br>blancmange<br><br>noun:   sweet almond-flavored milk pudding thickened with gelatin or cornstarch; usually molded<br><br>There's a cute early episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus in which alien blancmanges invade and take over the earth, but are defeated by someone with a healthy appetite, who eats them all! (dkaplowitz, above, references that episode).<br><br>Blancmange was also the name of an English band that, I think, featured Asian (ie Indian - or possibly Pakistani, so I should be careful there) members.

--

http://standanddeliver.blogs.com
http://www.radiohaha.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:15 am 

[quote author=dkaplowitz link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=0#10 date=12/19/05 at 13:00:47]Sorry, pal: <br><br> <br>-- Dictionary.com[/quote]<br>dk<br><br>You very well may be corect of spelling of the word blancmange but the French Nasal pronunciation of the word blancmange dating back to 1800 is Blamange.<br><br>As I said I like the way it sounds.<br><br>Blamange<br><br>I guess I was too interested in the way it sounds.<br><br>Well we all know I have terrible spelling.<br><br>And even if it is a non-word it is now a word I will use for it's purpose. There are tons of words that are used that do not exist. Like Philostopher.<br><br>For those that care to think about this conceptually I put it out there. For those thant want to Rant N Rave about there displeasures from the Vault I have and will always maintain little to 0 tolerance. <br><br><br><br>  <br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:42 am 

That's a lot to read and weep over. <br><br>Anyway, if people wanted to come and search for anything related to Zappa + Blancmange, then your thread might not show up in a search. So it's probably a better public service if you take the time to figure out how to spell things. Just an idea.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:42 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=0#12 date=12/19/05 at 13:15:33]You very well may be corect of spelling of the word blancmange but the French Nasal pronunciation of the word blancmange dating back to 1800 is Blamange.[/quote]<br><br>[center]Image[/center]<br>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:49 am 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=0#14 date=12/19/05 at 13:42:52]<br><br>[center]Image[/center]<br>[/quote]<br><br>Best post Ive seen today (maybe even this week...)<br><br>IB ;D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:51 pm 

[quote author=secretnigel link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=0#11 date=12/19/05 at 13:10:52]That's cause we modern folk are ignorant; we don't read enough.<br><br>It's pronounced 'bluh-monj', but that's not how you spell it:<br><br>blancmange<br><br>noun:   sweet almond-flavored milk pudding thickened with gelatin or cornstarch; usually molded<br><br>There's a cute early episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus in which alien blancmanges invade and take over the earth, but are defeated by someone with a healthy appetite, who eats them all! (dkaplowitz, above, references that episode).<br><br>Blancmange was also the name of an English band that, I think, featured Asian (ie Indian - or possibly Pakistani, so I should be careful there) members.[/quote]<br><br><br>Monty Pythons Flying Circus<br><br>"Blancmanges Playing Tennis"<br><br>The cast:<br>COMMENTATOR <br>Eric Idle <br>CHARLES <br>Graham Chapman <br>AMERICAN VOICE <br>John Cleese <br>MR. BRAINSAMPLE <br>Graham Chapman <br><br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br><br>The sketch:<br>Please note that this sketch is a follow on from the Man Turns into Scotsman Sketch <br>Sketch<br>(Cut to commentator in his box at Wimbledon.) <br><br>Commentator: Well, here at Wimbledon, it's been a most extraordinary week's tennis. The blancmanges have swept the board, winning match after match. Here are just a few of the results: Billie-Jean King eaten in straight sets, Laver smothered whole after winning the first set, and Poncho Gonzales, serving as well as I've never seen him, with some superb volleys and decisive return volleys off the back hand, was sucked through the net at match point and swallowed whole in just under two minutes. And so, here on the final day, there seems to be no players left to challenge the blancmanges. And this could be their undoing, Dan: as the rules of Wimbledon state quite clearly that there must be at least one human being concerned in the final. (we see a three-foot- high blancmange being shepherded onto a tennis court by a Scotsman) Well the blancmange is coming out onto the pitch now, and (suddenly exalted) there is a human with it It's Angus Podgorny! The plucky little Scottish tailor ... upon whom everything depends. And so it's Podgorny versus blancmange in this first ever Intergalactic Wimbledon! <br><br>(Cut to the centre court at Wimbledon or fi we can't get it, number one will do. Blancmange and Podgorny on opposite sides net. Another blancmange sitting in umpire's chair. Blancmange serves... a real sizzling ace. Podgorny, who in any case is quivering with fear, doesn 't see it.) <br><br>Commentator's Voice: And it's blancmange to serve and it's a good one. <br><br>Blancmange Umpire: Blurb blurble blurb. <br><br>Voice Over: Fifteen love. <br><br>(Blancmange serves again, and again Podgorny misses hopelessly and pathetically. Collage of speeded-up versions of blancmange sewing and Podgorny missing. Cut to scoreboard: <br><br>BLANCMANGE.' 4O<br>PODGORNY: O<br><br><br>Cut back to the court. Podgorny is serving and each time he fails to hit the ball altogether.) <br><br>Commentator's Voice: And Podgorny fails to even hit the ball ... but this is no surprise as he hasn't hit the ball once throughout this match. So it's 72 match points to the blancmange now... Podgorny prepares to serve again. <br><br>(Podgorny fails to serve and we see the scoreboard:) <br><br>BLANCMANGE: 6 6 5 40<br>PODGORNY: 0 0<br><br><br>Commentator's Voice: This is indeed a grim day for the human race, Dan. <br><br>(Just as Podgorny is about to serve we see Mr and Mrs Brainsample jump onto the court brandishing forks and spoons and with napkins tucked into their necks.) <br><br>Commentator's Voice: But what's this? Two spectators have rushed onto the pitch with spoons and forks... what are they going to do? <br><br>(Cut to laboratory.) <br><br>Charles: They mean to eat the blancmange. <br><br>(The girl pulls herself up from where she was slumped by microscope. He knocks her out again with a sand-filled sock. Cut back to Wimbledon. Mr and Mrs Brainsample chasing blancmange and eating it.) <br><br>Commentator's Voice: And they're eating the blancmange ... Yes! The blancmange is leaving the court... it's abandoning the game! This is fantastic! <br><br>(Cut to Mr and Mrs Brainsample covered in bits of blancmange and licking their fingers.) <br><br>American Voice: Yes it was Mr and Mrs Samuel Brainsample, who, after only a brief and misleadling appearance in the early part of the film, returned to save the Earth ... but why? <br><br>Mr Brainsample: Oh, well you see we love blancmanges. My wife makes them. <br><br>American Voice: She makes blancmanages that size? <br><br>Mr Brainsample: Oh, yes. You see we're from the planet Skyron in the Galaxy of Andromeda, and they're all that size there. We tried to tell you at the beginning of the film but you just panned off us. <br><br>(Cut back to Podgorny on court still trying to serve; at last he makes contact and runs backward and forward to receive his own services.) <br><br>American Voice: So the world was saved! And Angus Podgomy became the first Scotsman to win Wimbledon... fifteen years later. <br><br>(Caption on screen : 'YOU'RE NO FUN ANYMORE')<br><br><br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:02 pm 

As many may know Frank Zappa wrote a film script that there had been a possibility of Terry Gilliam working on.<br><br>Frank had declared that the Terry Gilliam film "Brazil" was one of if not his favorite movie(s).<br><br>I could imagine Terry Gilliam doing the artwork for a Cosaga installment <br><br>Joe's Blamange.<br><br>I could imagine one day Terry Gilliam doing something with Frank's script.<br><br>There are many clues of The Project Object in the Monty Python Sketch "Blancmanges playing Tennis"<br><br>Any given clue there is only the beginning of what the Conceptual Continuity within such a project could be.<br><br>Now it's just a thought to ponder.<br><br>Hmmmmm <br><br><br>Who Could Imagine........<br><br>Joe's Blamange<br><br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:15 pm 

Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:00 pm 

Trendy = biggest loser ever.<br><br><br>Enough said: quit the thread.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:59 pm 
Banned

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
The whole joe's series was totally fucked from the start, they shouldn't have called it joe's anything as i think it tarnishes the memory of joe's garage.

Explain how the "Joe's _____" series tarnishes the memory of Joe's Garage. In what way? How has this new series of unreleased material tarnished the memory of the classic 1979 album and the fictional garage in its story?

And what else were they supposed to call it--the guy putting together these things, the Vaultmeister, is named "Joe." I cannot see any ration in your argument that it tarnishes the memory of anything. 8)

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:13 pm 
Banned

mysterioso wrote:
they could have called them 'joe's travesties.'

How is unearthing rare material none of us have ever heard before and releasing it to the public at large a "travesty"? :smurf:

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:24 pm 

Is this thread even really about anything?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:26 pm 

[quote author=Pachuco link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=15#23 date=12/19/05 at 20:24:27]Is this thread even really about anything?[/quote]<br>Its all about exercising the right to be stupid, as Trendmonger and Isaac have ever so kindly displayed.