Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Joe's Blamange
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:30 pm 
Banned

I don't give a shit about what you folks think of Trendmonger, but I'M the one who's being rational in this thread! So far, I've contributed this thread's most intelligent comments. Isn't that a nice change from the stupidity being displayed by Trendy and Frownland?

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:40 pm 

[quote author=ImageIsaac link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=15#25 date=12/19/05 at 20:30:07]So far, I've contributed this thread's most intelligent comments.[/quote]<br><br>Haha thats a good one Isaac!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:58 pm 
Banned

Ah. I see you've proven my point. :D 8)

dumbass

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:08 pm 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=15#27 date=12/19/05 at 20:58:04][center]Ah. I see you've proved my point. :D 8)<br><br>[sub]dumbass[/sub][/center][/quote]<br>By saying good one isaac? ...  riiiigggghhhhtttt....<br><br><br>You are so clever. Im kissing your ego, BTW.  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:11 pm 
Banned

Thank you for once again proving that so far, I've contributed this thread's most intelligent remarks.

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:15 pm 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=15#29 date=12/19/05 at 21:11:27]I wasn't joking, dumb-dumb.[/quote]<br>Who said you were joking? I was kinda hoping you were though...then you might pass as semi-sane. <br><br><br>
Quote:
And I have contributed this thread's smartest comments, as you have thusly proved once more. :P
<br>Its not my job to prove you have posted the 'smartest comments' in this thread. You made the call not me. <br><br>On the other hand you are proving to be quite full of yourself.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Post subject: re: joe's wankage
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:56 pm 

trendmonger wrote:
...There are many clues of The Project Object in the Monty Python Sketch "Blancmanges playing Tennis"...
there are zero clues because there's zero c.c. between the p/o® and monty fucking python Image joe's wankage is a recycled embarassment, a minor footnote in zappa's output; why they give that travesrse guy as much credit as they do is beyond me; the liner notes infer the joe's series itself is the brainchild of traverse...he has nothing to do with the music other than handling/cataloging it like some glorified clerk

isaac wrote:
I wasn't joking, dumb-dumb. And I have contributed this thread's smartest comments...
. . . . . . dumbest comment since 'sleep dirt lp sucks'

we get some unreleased material, but to pass off joe's wank as even remotely related to joe's garage does, in fact tarnish [as tcs pointed out] the excellence and standards of joe's g...it's not in the same league for composition, production quality, sound quality, mix, band chops, guitar solos, conceptual continuity, lyrics, vocals, rythm section etc.etc.

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: joe's wankage
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:23 am 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=30#32 date=12/20/05 at 01:56:47]<br>joe's wankage is [...] a minor footnote in zappa's output; [/quote]<br><br> I don't think it pretends to be anything better than that, did anyone here really think that these would be of the same quality as Joe's Garage or any other major FZ release? I know this is just a personal opinion, but I kind of like the concept of the Joe's series, although I'm not a big fan of the Domage album. <br><br>I think Trendmonger's emphasis on the Conceptual Continuity, Project/Object etc. is pretentious bullshit, but I think these albums are fun for what they are, minor nuggets from the Vault.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:31 am 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=30#32 date=12/20/05 at 01:56:47]dumbest comment since 'sleep dirt lp sucks'<br><br>ok, we get some unreleased material, but to pass off joe's wank as even remotely related to joe's garage does, in fact tarnish [as tcs pointed out] the excellence and standards of joe's g...it's not in the same league for composition, production quality, sound quality, mix, band chops, guitar solos, conceptual continuity, lyrics, vocals, rythm section etc.etc.[/quote]<br>Heh, you raise some great musical points for someone who dosent study/play.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:40 am 

http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/scotsman.htm<br><br>Man turns into a Scotsman /Police Station<br><br>As featured in the Flying Circus TV Show - Episode 7<br><br>The cast:<br>WIFE <br>Eric Idle <br>INSPECTOR <br>Terry Jones <br>SHE <br>Donna <br>CHARLES <br>Graham Chapman <br>AMERICAN VOICE <br>John Cleese <br>MRS. PODGORNY <br>Terry Jones <br>ANGUS PODGORNY <br>Michael Palin <br>SERGEANT <br>John Cleese <br>GIRL <br>Eric Idle <br>POLICEMAN <br>Graham Chapman <br>DETECTIVE <br>Eric Idle <br>NORMAN HACKFORTH <br>Terry Jones <br><br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br><br>The sketch:<br>Please note that this sketch contains numerous references to things that happened in the Science Fiction Sketch <br><br><br>...................................<br>http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/scotsman.htm<br><br><br><br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:41 am 

http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/scifi.htm<br><br>Science Fiction Sketch<br>As featured in the Flying Circus TV Show - Episode 7<br><br><br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br><br>The cast:<br>VOICE OVER <br>Eric Idle <br>REDCOAT <br>Michael Palin <br>AMERICAN VOICE <br>John Cleese <br>MAN <br>Graham Chapman <br>WOMAN <br>Eric Idle <br><br><br>http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/scifi.htm<br><br><br><br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:42 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=30#35 date=12/20/05 at 03:40:09]http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/scotsman.htm<br><br>Man turns into a Scotsman /Police Station<br><br>As featured in the Flying Circus TV Show - Episode 7<br><br>The cast:<br>WIFE <br>Eric Idle <br>INSPECTOR <br>Terry Jones <br>SHE <br>Donna <br>CHARLES <br>Graham Chapman <br>AMERICAN VOICE <br>John Cleese <br>MRS. PODGORNY <br>Terry Jones <br>ANGUS PODGORNY <br>Michael Palin <br>SERGEANT <br>John Cleese <br>GIRL <br>Eric Idle <br>POLICEMAN <br>Graham Chapman <br>DETECTIVE <br>Eric Idle <br>NORMAN HACKFORTH <br>Terry Jones <br><br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br><br>The sketch:<br>Please note that this sketch contains numerous references to things that happened in the Science Fiction Sketch <br><br><br>...................................<br>http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/scotsman.htm<br><br><br><br>[/quote]<br>four questions: yeah? and? so? what?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:06 am 

I have given enough clues and non clues as to how my  Corsaga Nugget Wish of Joe's Blamange could conceptually fit into the Project Object.<br><br>If anyone here wants to dilate there minds and forum on how Blamange has Conceptual Continuity to the Project Object go right ahead .<br><br>If all anyone wants to do is Rant and or close the topic go right a head.<br><br>My intent was to only leave the topic and see where others may naturally expand on the given concept.<br><br>Unfortunately I bite the bait of attempting to correct and or defend what my personal intent of the wish was and when that happens I alwyas hear much of the same responce. Oh Trendmonger he thinks he is some authority know it all. Well fuck that opinion. I'm just a Zappa fanatic since 1967 but honestly that means shit. didly aquat. Blamange. Think what you want to think but if anyone at least keeps their mind open to any given concept it is generally a bit open minded thinking.   <br><br>The responces are quite obvious that most forum members tend to rant' n rave' about this,  many other topics & official projects.<br><br>But then again maybe it is just me that has a different viewpoint.<br><br>I guess many forume members see me as a defend the ZFT on every level he thinks he knows it all type of guy. And when anyone has a different viewpoint against the ZFT that my defending them puts me as an enemy on that or all issues and or topics.<br><br>Just because when I use my eyes and ears my inner self says every official Zappa product is spifnicent does not mean every Zappa fan should feel the same.<br><br>This Joe's Blamange Corsaga Wish is only my personal wish and that is why I put it here in the Wish List section.<br><br>If the ZFT ever want to go with a project like this hey that is there call but one thing I know for sure.<br>Some Zappa fans opinions tastse like Blamange.<br><br> <br>    

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:08 am 
Banned

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
dumbest comment since 'sleep dirt lp sucks'

Okay, since nobody's ever said that phrase, I'd take it you mean that my comment isn't dumb? :mrgreen:

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
If Isaac and Trendmonger happened to be in the same room, there's a distinct possibility that they'd accrete together and cause a stupidity supernova.

What made you come to the conclusion that I am stupid? Was this some kind of slip-up on your part, or are you just egging those jackasses on? I must inform you that, before you call me stupid again, you must have some "stupid quotes" attributed to me for your theory to come out looking as anything other than a useless flame.

Since I do not post "stupid quotes," and in the particular thread you have made your comments in, have provided the smartest comments IN the thread, it seems that you have stepped out of line. I expect a formal apology for the unspeakable crime of comparing anyone other than Trendmonger to Trendmonger.

Trendmonger wrote:
http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/scotsman.htm<br><br>Man turns into a Scotsman /Police Station

As featured in the Flying Circus TV Show - Episode 7

The cast:
WIFE
Eric Idle
INSPECTOR
Terry Jones
SHE
Donna
CHARLES
Graham Chapman
AMERICAN VOICE
John Cleese
MRS. PODGORNY
Terry Jones
ANGUS PODGORNY
Michael Palin
SERGEANT
John Cleese
GIRL
Eric Idle
POLICEMAN
Graham Chapman
DETECTIVE
Eric Idle
NORMAN HACKFORTH
Terry Jones

Trendmonger wrote:
http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/scifi.htm

Science Fiction Sketch
As featured in the Flying Circus TV Show - Episode 7

Oh, yeah...it all makes sense now....ah, wait, no it doesn't. What in the name of Sam Hill has this got to do with the word "Blamage"? And why should they name a "Joe's Corsage" entry after this word?

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:20 am 

C'mon, these titles don't have any real significance to what's actually on the albums. "Joe's Domage".., that doesn't make any sense at all. They probably just thought it sounded neat. As far as I'm concerned, they might just as well have called it "Grand Wazoo Rehearsals".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:22 am 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=30#32 date=12/20/05 at 01:56:47]<br>there are zero clues because there's zero c.c. between the p/o[sup]®[/sup] and monty fucking python [sub]Image[/sub]<br><br>joe's wankage is a recycled embarassment, a minor footnote in zappa's output; why they give that travesrse guy as much credit as they do is beyond me; the liner notes infer the joe's series itself is the brainchild of traverse...he has nothing to do with the music other than handling/cataloging it like some glorified clerk<br><br><br>dumbest comment since 'sleep dirt lp sucks'<br><br>ok, we get some unreleased material, but to pass off joe's wank as even remotely related to joe's garage does, in fact tarnish [as tcs pointed out] the excellence and standards of joe's g...it's not in the same league for composition, production quality, sound quality, mix, band chops, guitar solos, conceptual continuity, lyrics, vocals, rythm section etc.etc.[/quote]<br><br>I think Joe is the perfect guy for the job. To call his efforts Wankage is a disgrace. You do not have a clue as to what the job or executive decisions are about. I suggest you view the mock  Highway To Heaven Episode. I think your opinion tastes like Blamange.<br>Just because you do not see the Conceptual Continuity here can only have me respond in a given way for this moment.<br><br>Read It And Weep<br><br>Highway To Heaven <br> <br>Episode <br> <br>SMUG <br> <br>"Well, I for one won't complain, this is wonderful TONE" <br> <br>In this episode Jonathan Smith teaches a FIXated Zappa fanatic to Read It And Weep. <br> <br>The defining moment of the episode is when a die hard Zappa fan is on his death bed. He's Rantin' and Ravin about The Roxy DVD not being released before his departure to hebbin' or wherever he's going. Johnathan Smith hands him a CD of Joe's Xmasage, a CD walkman  and says: <br> <br>"Well, I for one won't complain, this is wonderful TONE" <br> <br>Rantin' n Ravin' hears Joe's Xmasage for the first time and repeats.  <br> <br>"You are right, I won't complain, this is wonderful TONE"  <br> <br>his vital signs improve and he lives to see The Roxy release on DVD. <br>Peace, Love & Harmony <br> <br> <br> <br>Yes indeed the TONE of Joe's Xmasage sounds amazing to me. And it's not because this is just another official release. <br> <br>This one is going to be better than LIFE cereal. <br> <br>I asked Mikey and He Likes It.l <br><br><br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:34 am 

[quote author=Studebaker link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=30#40 date=12/20/05 at 04:20:34]C'mon, these titles don't have any real significance to what's actually on the albums. "Joe's Domage".., that doesn't make any sense at all. They probably just thought it sounded neat. As far as I'm concerned, they might just as well have called it "Grand Wazoo Rehearsals". [/quote]<br><br>Are you sure. From some of your posts you seem like a fairly  inteligent guy... And by no means am I questioning your intelligence just because you are stating that the titles of the Corsaga Series have nothing to do with what is on the albums.<br><br>Grand Wazoo Rehearsals ... Hmm .. maybe that's the way the Dreadful Great  title there Vault releases but these Corsaga Nuggets have a bit more to them as official Zappa releases. <br><br><br><br>What I would suggest is to leave your mind open as to what, where, when, why and how these titles fit into The Project Object.<br><br>To make a close end statement like  "these titles don't have any real significance to what's actually on the albums" is removing whatever may or may not be clues to The Project Object.<br><br>I think many of us Zappa fans spend far too much energy on what Project Object The cover band is doing as opposed to the plans and non plans Frank layed out.<br><br><br>Tomorow is another special day.<br><br>I am just suggesting to have an open mind.<br><br><br><br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:40 am 

What is all this Read it and Weep shit your allways talking? It sounds so corny. Read it and Weep...wtf? Your a fucking retard man.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:45 am 

[quote author=FROWNLAND link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=30#43 date=12/20/05 at 04:40:22]What is all this Read it and Weep shit your allways talking? It sounds so corny. Read it and Weep...wtf? Your a fucking retard man.[/quote]<br><br><br>I don't know it's just a concept Frank spoke to me about.<br>I have atempted many times to relay Franks concept of the phrase "Read It And Weep" when a fanatic questions unreleased material with far too much energy. The funny thing is when people are rantin' and ravin' regarding unreleased material and not giving eyes and ears to what is the official released stuff I know that Frank is in hebbin thinking fans like you are the retard.<br><br> Who knows if Frank did not show me how to Read it and Weep maybe i'd be another Rantin' n Ravin ' Zappa Fanatic Loser like many other forum members who spend far too much energy putting down official zappa product.<br><br>And once again what the definition of Loser here is as in Lost. Amazing Grace. <br>I try to use my eyes and ears a bit more since 1981. <br><br>Wish you could have been there. It was at the Edgard Varese - Louise Varese 90th Birthday show.<br><br>NYC Palaldium  <br><br>"Read It And Weep" F.Z. April 1981

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:53 am 

[center][quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=30#44 date=12/20/05 at 04:45:56]<br><br><br>I don't know it's just a concept Frank spoke to me about.<br><br>Wish you could have been there. It was at the Edgard Varese - Louise Varese 90th Birthday show.<br><br>NYC Palaldium  <br><br>"Read It And Weep" F.Z. April 1981[/quote]<br>You just love to name drop dont you. "Frank spoke to me." You just crave attention.<br><br>Image<br>You are about as smart and clever as this guy...[/center]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:57 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=30#42 date=12/20/05 at 04:34:48]<br>Are you sure. From some of your posts you seem like a fairly  inteligent guy... [/quote] Gee thanks, trendy.. ::))<br><br>I don't like to resort to name-calling and I'm sure you post all this vague Project/Object stuff with good intentions in mind, but to be honest, some of your posts do make you sound like a religious zealot, a crackpot conspiracy theorist, or a scary fanatical fan at best. <br><br>I like Frank Zappa's music a whole lot but in the end.. it's only music. You sound more like you're "worshipping at the Altar of Frank".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:04 am 

[quote author=FROWNLAND link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=45#45 date=12/20/05 at 04:53:40][center]<br>You just love to name drop dont you. "Frank spoke to me." You just crave attention.<br><br>Image<br>You are about as smart and clever as this guy...[/center][/quote]<br><br>Name droping that is bull shit!<br><br>You asked where all the Read It And Weep came from and I'm telling you.<br><br>"Read It And Weep" F.Z. April 1981

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:21 am 

I believe Trendmonger just showed me how to read it and weap.... ;)<br><br><br>IB ;D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:52 am 

[center]Image<br><br>+<br><br>Image[/center]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next