Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Joe's Blamange
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:58 am 

[quote author=dkaplowitz link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=45#49 date=12/20/05 at 05:52:29][center]Image<br>[/quote] I didn't know the Travis Bickle look was back in vogue.. :D

Post subject: Re: Joe's Blamange [sic]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:15 am 

Here fido! Here fido! ()$&%($*&%($&%$IU% <br><br>[sic]!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:12 am 

[quote author=Studebaker link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=45#46 date=12/20/05 at 04:57:24]<br> Gee thanks, trendy.. ::))<br><br>I don't like to resort to name-calling and I'm sure you post all this vague Project/Object stuff with good intentions in mind, but to be honest, some of your posts do make you sound like a religious zealot, a crackpot conspiracy theorist, or a scary fanatical fan at best. <br><br>I like Frank Zappa's music a whole lot but in the end.. it's only music. You sound more like you're "worshipping at the Altar of Frank". [/quote]<br><br>What it sounds like and what I know are two seperate things but since you imagined some form of post as religious zealot behavior I must confess that I have been saving the religious zealot material for a Corsaga wish list entitle "Joe's Supastage". And of coarse there will be a broadway production, major motion film and soudcast recording.<br><br>Much work expected to be done at Todd-AO. <br>Now there's some CC for ya.<br><br>Yvonne Elliman http://imdb.com/name/nm0254118/<br>could be brought in to play the part of <br>Magdalena the  teenage daughter<br>With a see-thru blouse<br>Who loved to grunt and ball<br><br>She's played Mary Magdelene in Jesus Christ Superstar & Yvonne Kanekoa on Hawaii Five- O episode: "Number One with a Bullet<br><br>Several reworkins of the Sleep Dirt album will be used with new cast overdubs.<br><br>I am requesting several new tracks  to be written  <br><br>What's The Rantin' n Ravin'<br>Eyes & Ears<br>& <br>Read It And Weep<br><br>In all honesty i know what you are trying to say it just so happens to be that I do enjoy every official Zappa release.<br><br>It's hard to defend an unpopular policy once in a while.<br><br>XMAS season is getting very busy and I must devote much needed valuable time to family & several official WC projects. <br><br>Peace, Love & Harmony to all.<br> <br><br><br><br><br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:29 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=45#53 date=12/20/05 at 09:12:58]<br>Peace, Love & Harmony to all.<br>[/quote] Likewise to you and everybody here. It's nice to discuss stuff here in a civil manner. <br><br>Whatever disagreements we might have, I do think it's commendable that you never resort to insults etc on these boards. I might have gone overboard somewhat with the 'zealot' thing, for which I apologize. <br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:32 am 

[quote author=Studebaker link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=45#54 date=12/20/05 at 09:29:21]<br> Likewise to you and everybody here. It's nice to discuss stuff here in a civil manner. <br><br>Whatever disagreements we might have, I do think it's commendable that you never resort to insults etc on these boards. I might have gone overboard somewhat with the 'zealot' thing, for which I apologize. <br>[/quote]<br><br>no problem at all. no apology needed. you stated it seems like not that it is and i can understand someone thinking that. anyhow appology understood.<br><br><br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:37 am 

[quote author=Studebaker link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=45#54 date=12/20/05 at 09:29:21]I do think it's commendable that you never resort to insults etc on these boards. <br>[/quote]<br><br><br>[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=albums;num=1134581779;start=60#65 date=12/15/05 at 14:46:30]While many Losers seem FIXated with fanatical thoughts on projects like Petite Wazoo, The Roxy DVD & The ZPZ- TDF Postponement...<br>[/quote]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:42 am 

We Was What We Were: The Early Years<br>Volumes 1 thru -?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:47 am 

[quote author=dkaplowitz link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=45#56 date=12/20/05 at 09:37:24]<br><br><br>[/quote]<br>dk i think you are missing the point.<br><br>Losers as in LOST . Amazing Grace.<br><br>If a fanatic puts so much energy into rantin'n ravin about unreleleased material they can miss something that is happening at this very moment. Whiel in different literal wording the Read It And Weep Philostophy was a lesson I learned from Frank. It basically means teh same thing. Read IT ANd Weep was a metaphorical slap in the face. I myself was a loser for that given moment in time. I even get caught up here wasting my valuable time defending peopel who time and time again do not get the point. I ahve a deep sentiment for all Zappa fans. We are a special breed.<br><br>First time I met Frank we were talking about several topics and getting along great. We were talking at lenght about many things that were relevant at that time. I asked him about the unreleased lyrics to I Don't Want TO Get Draftred that appeared inside the FAll TOUR 80 Tourbook. After 25 minutes of great conversation he stone cold told me to Read It And Weep and turned a shoulder. We had talked many other times after that evening but after that conversation went from talking of Varese, Stravinsky, SUAPYG & The new BPR label it went stone cold with a silly question regarding unreleased material that was not relevant tat that time. I've taken it another step further with No Time For Losers as in fans are LOST in what they are ranting about. Get with the program. If I am making fun of anyone I was the first to be made fun of by Frank.<br><br>If A Zappa fan wants to Rant that si there perogitive.<br><br>Those who remain open minded as Frank was <br>Eyes And Ears will understand things better.<br><br>Frank did open his mouth boldly but he did lots of studying. And if these fans think they know enough to rant about a given topic regarding unreleased material well for me that is a laugh. Nobody knows enough about what goes on inside. I don't care how many Unnoficial AUD someone has.<br><br>You see there is this meter I have called te Rantin' N Ravin' Meter. When a fanatic rants n raves too much about unreleased amterial  the neddle red lines and it reads LOSER. <br><br>Now that does not mean I do not want that material just as much as the next guy. To tell you the truth I probably want it more because I do not collect unnofical AUDs from Zappateers or wherever. I'd rather be eyes n ears about things a little more.  <br>   

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:02 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=45#58 date=12/20/05 at 09:47:03]<br>dk i think you are missing the point.<br><br>Losers as in LOST .[/quote]<br><br>No, I'm not missing the point. I may, however, be missing your ad hoc changing of the definitions and spellings of words in the English language. Where I come from "loser" is generally a pretty hurtful insult, and does not mean "one who is lost".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:06 am 

[quote author=dkaplowitz link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=45#59 date=12/20/05 at 10:02:47]<br><br>No, I'm not missing the point. I may, however, be missing your ad hoc changing of the definitions and spellings of words in the English language. Where I come from "loser" is generally a pretty hurtful insult, and does not mean "one who is lost". [/quote]<br><br>yes it does, can generaly, and most of the time have that definition but I have spelled out many times that my reference is the 8a lost translation Webster<br><br>to cause to miss one's way or bearings <lost himself rantin and ravin'><br><br>Those that know me well know I am not a mean motherfucker but I guess I was first insulted in a way when frank metaphorically slapped me in teh face with teh Read It And Weep coment. A week or two later the light bulb went off. I don't know if the light bulb is going off in your head. If you want to be insulted for an extended period of time, well you should not but if you so choose to forever be insulted well that is your call. I hope I can extend a warm friedly handshake to ya. Either way people who continue to rant n rave over unreleased material with fanatical energy as opposed to having more of an eyes and ears approach on unreleased material will fall into my LOST analysis bucket.<br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:20 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=60#60 date=12/20/05 at 10:06:16]<br><br>yes it does<br>[/quote]<br><br>I'm sorry, but no. Please consult a dictionary if you want to continue a conversation in English. I don't speak Trendmong-ese.<br><br>[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=60#60 date=12/20/05 at 10:06:16]<br>Those that know me well know I am not a mean motherfucker...<br>[/quote]<br><br>I don't get a purposefully malicious vibe from what you say either. However, your misuse of the English language, your needless verbosity, and your twisting of the meanings of simple phrases like "read it and weep" are hurting the world in and inadvertent way...much the way someone's use of hair spray inadvertently hurts the ozone layer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:21 am 

[quote author=dkaplowitz link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=60#61 date=12/20/05 at 10:20:29]<br><br>your twisting of the meanings of simple phrases like "read it and weep" are hurting the world in and inadvertent way...much the way someone's use of hair spray inadvertently hurts the ozone layer. [/quote]<br>Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:23 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=60#60 date=12/20/05 at 10:06:16] I guess I was first insulted in a way when frank metaphorically slapped me in teh face with teh Read It And Weep coment. A week or two later the light bulb went off. [/quote]<br>And your lightbulb has never come back on! Image<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:24 am 

[quote author=dkaplowitz link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=60#61 date=12/20/05 at 10:20:29]I don't speak Trendmong-ese.[/quote]<br><br>I forgot. I'm sorry. I meant "Trendmongolian". <br> ;D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:27 am 

[quote author=FROWNLAND link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=60#62 date=12/20/05 at 10:21:59]<br>Image[/quote]<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:31 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=60#60 date=12/20/05 at 10:06:16]A week or two later the light bulb went off. <br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:23 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=60#60 date=12/20/05 at 10:06:16]<br><br>yes it does, can generaly, and most of the time have that definition but I have spelled out many times that my reference is the 8a lost translation Webster<br><br>to cause to miss one's way or bearings <lost himself rantin and ravin'><br><br>Those that know me well know I am not a mean motherfucker but I guess I was first insulted in a way when frank metaphorically slapped me in teh face with teh Read It And Weep coment. A week or two later the light bulb went off. I don't know if the light bulb is going off in your head. If you want to be insulted for an extended period of time, well you should not but if you so choose to forever be insulted well that is your call. I hope I can extend a warm friedly handshake to ya. Either way people who continue to rant n rave over unreleased material with fanatical energy as opposed to having more of an eyes and ears approach on unreleased material will fall into my LOST analysis bucket.<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>If Im a looser, or just lost... I do not know.<br>But one thing I do know....right now, Im lost for words.<br><br><br>You are truly amazing, Mr Trendmonger....and truly full of yerself  ;)<br><br><br>IB ;D<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>ps: [sub]I get it...its all a joke, isnt it? you're just pulling our chains, right?  Hahahahahahaha, best joke ever TRendy... No?[/sub]<br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:53 pm 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=60#60 date=12/20/05 at 10:06:16]<br><br>yes it does, can generaly, and most of the time have that definition but I have spelled out many times that my reference is the 8a lost translation Webster<br><br>to cause to miss one's way or bearings <lost himself rantin and ravin'><br><br>Those that know me well know I am not a mean motherfucker but I guess I was first insulted in a way when frank metaphorically slapped me in teh face with teh Read It And Weep coment. A week or two later the light bulb went off. I don't know if the light bulb is going off in your head. If you want to be insulted for an extended period of time, well you should not but if you so choose to forever be insulted well that is your call. I hope I can extend a warm friedly handshake to ya. Either way people who continue to rant n rave over unreleased material with fanatical energy as opposed to having more of an eyes and ears approach on unreleased material will fall into my LOST analysis bucket.<br>[/quote]<br>Image

Post subject: re: joe's pootage
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:41 pm 

on jul-02-03, subsequently deleted, thing-fish2003/isaac [re:sleep dirt] wrote:
...I would've kept the artwork and stomped on the damn vinyl  
BECAUSE THAT IS HOW MUCH I HATE IT!  

I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE THE GODDAMN VINYL!...

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:42 pm 
Banned

Thanks for proving your clear lack of judgment. Anyone who knows me knows that I would never say such a thing. I find it totally amusing that some of you folks have risked your credibility and faked several quotes attributed towards me in order to discredit me, but, as you can see by the quotes, you've failed.

Those quotes were obviously written by troubled minds who do not take heart in the fact that other forum members may have slight difference in opinion, and thusly, have tried to exaggerated the other persons' opinions to the point of insanity, to make the other person seem like he is actually that foolish.

Don't waste your time posting this crap, slime. Those are still fake quotes, and everyone knows that they're fake. If someone else's opinions rub you the wrong way, calm down, take a chill pill and try to find a sane way to react to the comments. Don't make up a bunch of shit.

EDIT 03/02/08:

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
on dec-27-03 (subsequently deleted), thing-fish2003/isaac wrote:

Slime, please stop attributing this crap towards me. You are embarrassing yourself. I never made any such statement, and I never deleted any such post. You are a terrible liar. These attempts to smear me are utterly laughable.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:57 am 

I think the Zappa Floyd performance should be part of Joe's Blamange<br><br>Green Hotdogs<br><br>humo: when will you be presenting a festival over here, the way you did so gracefully in amougies in ‘69? <br>  <br>zappa: don’t mention that, it’s the blackest period in my whole life. first they get me over here to present a festival, something which I’m really not any good at. I still haven’t figured out how I got dragged into this. next it becomes obvious that absolutely no person in the audience understands one word of english, so my incredibly witty puns have no effect whatsoever, so that I find myself to be totally useless, and, as such, renounce to the job of presenter. since I was stuck here anyway, I let myself get overwhelmed once again, and went out to jam with some of the groups at the request of the promotors, very much to their dislike might I add. finally, let me just say it was icy cold in amougies and there was nothing but green hotdogs to eat, so you’ll understand that from now on, any person that conjurs up the idea of organizing a festival in mid winter gets my best wishes and can shove it.  <br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:25 pm 
Banned

Trendmonger wrote:
I think the Zappa Floyd performance should be part of Joe's Blamange

I would rather listen to something that actually exists. :roll:

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:32 pm 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=wishList;num=1135000909;start=60#73 date=12/29/05 at 18:25:47][center]<br><br>I would rather listen to something that actually exists. ::)[/center][/quote]<br><br><br>why do you think it didn't happen? i have to diagree with you there my warped friend  ;D

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next