Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:02 pm 

[quote author=white person link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=150#151 date=10/02/05 at 19:11:38][center]Image<br><br><br>Image<br><br>unfinished (?) artwerks from the rraallff vaults[/center][/quote]<br><br>Dear dear Whitey....<br><br>You lucky....me drooling...  :-*<br><br>Best,<br>nrojB laP dratsaB toidI ruoY  ;D<br>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:21 am 

[quote author=white person link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=150#151 date=10/02/05 at 19:11:38][center]Image<br><br><br>Image<br><br>unfinished (?) artwerks from the rraallff vaults[/center][/quote]<br><br>[center]<br>Thank you for your recent additon Whitey. Those unfinished werks are over the top cool!<br>I just had nice conversation with Cal yesterday. We are commissioning him to paint a modern abstract of my engagement ring to hang over our bed. We get to meet him at his house to pick it up so we don't have to pay for shipping. **my idea**<br>Maybe there will be some moving sale items I can procure. Ya never know?!<br>I hope to see you at a P/O show in the coming weeks. In case you are not receiving your PM's as a result of the crash, <br>WE MISS YOU!!.<br> ;D 8) ;D<br>daisy<br>[/center]<br>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:05 am 

[center]<br>Ask and you shall receive<br>Image<br><br>The XYQA mobile<br>Image<br>Image<br>XYQA and her friend Mr. Roy Estrada<br> 8) 8) 8)<br>[/center]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:26 pm 

[center]<br>Willow Grove, Pennsylvania<br>October 19, 2005<br>Calvin Schenkel's Outdoor Studio<br>Image<br>My fiancee & I commissioned Cal to paint a modern rendering of my engagement ring.<br>32" x 48"<br> ;D<br>Image<br>Cal had just finished a commission for a British bloke who also took advantage of his moving sale.<br>I drooled over the above copy of We're Only In It for the Money, didn't spill a drop though. <br>The detail was absoutely amazing!<br>The buyer asked to have his mug inserted into the album cover, he looked pretty damn cool!<br>Just in case you are wondering about the price, its' market value is $5,000. <br>Not a speck of cereal!<br> 8)<br>Image<br>Unearthed sculptures from the garden undergoing a little makeover.<br> ;)<br>A very special day for Daisy and her Man.<br>Thank you Calvin!<br> :-*<br><br>[/center]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:25 pm 

Thanks for sharing, Daisy !!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:39 pm 

Nice stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:38 pm 

My custom  VH-B built for Dweezil I bought from him:Image<br><br><br>My Washburn signed:Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:51 pm 

A cancelled check from Discreet:<br><br><br>Image<br><br>Manuscript from the Burlington, Vt. show:<br><br>Image<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:58 pm 

cool!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:11 pm 

Brutal stuff dakota.  <br><br>Dick H. McQuestion: Janitor. ;D<br><br>vcf

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

Post subject: re: fz...show & tell
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:29 pm 

87dakota wrote:
...Manuscript from the Burlington, Vt. show:...
are those handfuckingwritten pages by fz Image shit, even original copies from the show, totally giga-cool... excellent show btw, can't remember them playing the e.d.m.bbq but would love to get my hands/ears on that fzshow

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:35 pm 

Wow Daisy! Great artwerk and ring! Cal done good, as usual. Congrats to you and that great bloke you're marrying. I hope to see y'all and the ring in person before too long.  :-*<br><br>Cheers<br>Bernie

Post subject: re: fz...show & tell
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:57 pm 

Image<br>never seen another like this; scored a couple of these off the back of a truck in the parking lot after the '88 show in vermont...this one was the top of the bale, you can see the lot number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:22 am 

[center]Just in time for Christmas!<br><br>More Cal Schenkel artwerks for sale on Ebay.<br>Image<br>http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANK-ZAPPA-8-Original-CAL-SCHENKEL-drawings_W0QQitemZ7567416507QQcategoryZ105073QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting<br> 8)<br>[/center]<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:25 pm 

[quote author=87dakota link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=150#158 date=11/04/05 at 18:38:08]My custom  VH-B built for Dweezil I bought from him:Image<br><br><br>My Washburn signed:Image[/quote]<br><br>I hadn't actually gone through the whole thread in quite some time. I was apalled at how many dead links I had to restore. <br><br>Dakota posted this when I was on my cruise earlier this month and I just noticed it. This and the the post above  are super cool pieces.<br><br>Thank you for sharing but tell us more...like, where did you get the guitar and the manuscript? Ebay or some other auction?<br><br>daisy<br><br>p.s. Thank you Batty for your kudos.  :-*<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:33 am 

Image<br>Too bad it's signed right where the most friction will happen with your arm against the guitar. (I guess you don't/can't ever play it, lest you lose the sig.) Nice souvenir nevertheless.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:43 am 

Aside from "An Evening with Pierre Boulez and FZ" at UCLA, these are the only FZ shows I've been to:<br><br>Image<br><br>Signed for me by Steve Vai at a promo at the Carvin shop right across from Guitar Center on Sunset in Hollywood. Dweezil was there that day too. <br><br>Image<br><br>Signed for me by Frank at a book signing for TRFZBook in Laurel Canyon within a week or two of it having been released. <br><br>Image<br>Image<br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:16 am 

[center]<br>Image<br>Image<br>Back when the Dub Room Special was first released, my brother John received a defective copy in the Beta version. My guess is that he bought it at Circuit City and tried to exchange/return it there and applied for a refund.  I'll have to verify with him but he did in fact receive a new copy of the video from Barfko Swill.<br>They included this post card with the replacement video. I wonder if Gerry still works with them? I'll have to find out if John ever received his refund and followed through with returning the money to Barfko Swill.<br> ;D<br>Daisy<br>[/center]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:41 am 

[quote author=guacamole queen link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=165#172 date=12/06/05 at 08:16:17][center]I wonder if Gerry still works with them? Daisy<br>[/center][/quote]<br><br>Gerry hasn't worked at BS for at least 10 years. I used to be really good friends with him in the late 80s, early 90s but lost contact. Spent a great nite at his place talking music with him back in 1990 when I went out to LA for vacation. He was also the one who 1st turned me on to Parliament/Funkadelic back in 1987. We used to talk on the phone almost everyday. I worked for a record company at the time so we would trade promo stuff.<br><br>WHERE IS HE NOW??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next