Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:15 am 

Cool thread and it's a damn shame I don't have a scanner cause I've got some pretty cool things to include here.  Some DZ signed stuff, Mike Keneally signed goodies.  A setlist from a Keneally show.  Some Dweezil guitar pics and so on.  <br><br>But I'm gonna have to chime in with a guess about the 9:30 Club show.  From looking at the setlist, I'd say that show was from '91.  I've got several boots from the '94 shows and the setlist on those pretty much match and are heavy on the Shampoohorn songs.  The list in this thread is mainly songs from DZ's solo releases, Confessions and My Guitar...  So, this version of Dweezil's band would have been DZ, AZ, Josh Freese, Scott Thunes, and Mike Keneally.  Scott was kicked out in '93 for nearly coming to blows with Joe Travers, who replaced Josh.  Hence, Bryan Beller coming into the fold.<br>However, this is all just a guess going by the setlist.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:21 am 

[quote author=dove_grey link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=30#44 date=03/28/04 at 06:14:51]Okay---this is weird. You and Unica have posted the same thing. Isn't this something he would'nt like at his thread.....or is it okay because it's not intterrupted by comments. very bee-zarre.  ???[/quote]<br><br>Yes, I do believe he an I were on the same wave, just an ocean apart; seeing that he posted the story a mere hour or two after I started mine. The quality of his images are superb so I modified my post, leaving only the cover and if you are interested in reading the story, check out the Zappa Memorabilia thread to view the rest.<br><br> :Pdaisy<br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:30 am 

[quote author=Trennasol link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=45#51 date=03/29/04 at 04:15:11]Cool thread and it's a damn shame I don't have a scanner cause I've got some pretty cool things to include here.  Some DZ signed stuff, Mike Keneally signed goodies.  A setlist from a Keneally show.  Some Dweezil guitar pics and so on.  <br><br>But I'm gonna have to chime in with a guess about the 9:30 Club show.  From looking at the setlist, I'd say that show was from '91.  I've got several boots from the '94 shows and the setlist on those pretty much match and are heavy on the Shampoohorn songs.  The list in this thread is mainly songs from DZ's solo releases, Confessions and My Guitar...  So, this version of Dweezil's band would have been DZ, AZ, Josh Freese, Scott Thunes, and Mike Keneally.  Scott was kicked out in '93 for nearly coming to blows with Joe Travers, who replaced Josh.  Hence, Bryan Beller coming into the fold.<br>However, this is all just a guess going by the setlist.[/quote]<br><br> Finally, someone else out their to confirm that it is possible that the set list could have come from an earlier year. Sorry Jimmie D but I think  you missed the show in 1991.  :P<br>I've made the change, calling it a Dweezil Zappa set list, rather than a Z set list. I know we will debate about this more...and it aint over til someone comes forward with that freakin TICKET. Maybe Mr. Lovitz has it ??? ??? Thanks for chiming in Trennasol..and coming to my rescue!<br> :-* daisy<br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:36 am 

[quote author=flammaster link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=45#52 date=03/29/04 at 09:03:58]I have a red set of drums. ;D[/quote]<br><br> Yeah? This is Show & Tell, you gotta picture of them???I showed my stuff, now you have to show yours? <br> :P<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:03 am 

[quote author=Arkay link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=45#56 date=03/29/04 at 12:52:39]<br><br>I gotta hunch that you may regret those statements if someone like Batchain hears ya!   :D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Oh, god, now what did daisy get herself into?  :-[<br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:07 pm 

[quote author=Arkay link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=45#59 date=03/29/04 at 13:26:21]Freud says maybe Daisy is lookin to get herself into trouble!    ;)  :)<br><br>Image[/quote]<br><br>[center]There she goes again, <br>Daisy stirring up the duck poop one more time!Image<br>Wait a minute Mr. Freud, this is Frank Zappa, Show & Tell, <br>not Miss Daisy Show & Tell, is it not?<br> ::)<br>[/center]<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:47 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=45#57 date=03/29/04 at 12:55:50][center]<br><br>[font=comic sans ms]Okay, folks, it's contest time.<br>Mr. Master's quote regards a red set of drums was spoken by which Zappa-drummer?[/font][/center][/quote]<br><br>[center]Yes it is Mr. D, uncensored. I for one would be very interested in knowing the answer to the question regarding the red drums Mr. Master was referring to. Tick, tick, tick....<br>Hurry, before The Master comes back online!<br> :P :o :P[/center]<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:21 am 

[center][quote author=trendm0nger link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=60#65 date=03/29/04 at 23:28:56]Mystery Disc track 34: Mothers at KPFK 1968.<br><br>Jimmy Carl Black: I have a red set of drums. ;D[/quote]<br>YEAH FOR TRENDMONGER!!!<br> ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D<br>[/center] <br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:45 pm 

Captain Beefheart 45
ImageImageImageExcerpts from The official Captain Beefheart website:This album is a very special one. The Magic Band was made up of entirely new musicians with the exception of Jeff Morris Tepper (also Richard Snyder had been on the "final" tour). The first part of the album (ICFC, Ghost, Semi, Garland, Sundown, Past Sure is Tense) was recorded gradually on an extremely low budget. The remaining 15 minutes was to be filled up with tracks from Bat Chain Puller. But, as detailed in the Grow Fins booklet, Zappa refused to hand over the tracks. Perhaps the album would have been better like that, but the band was forced to complete the album with practically no money. Nonetheless, this is still one great album.Consists mostly of leftover / revamped songs first intended for the original Bat Chain Puller and is the last complete album ever made. :) :) :)

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:40 am 

I got this really cool fluorescent orange sticker from the Zappa's Universe show, however, when I scanned it, it was so bright, you couldn't see Franks face. I played around with the colors in Photshop so that you can at least see his image. Kinda eerie...
It looks much better in person. Oh well, I tried

ImageImage :) ::)

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:58 pm 

[quote author=white person link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=75#76 date=04/04/04 at 11:12:07][center] <br>Image<br>(Now part of disco josh's collection)<br><br>I feel obliged to acknowledge (THE School of Rock's) Paul Green for making my trip to last year's Zappanale possible. Having known me for little more than a mumfth, he invited me to accompany his contingent to photographically document the trip. It was the most intense, sustained fun I've yet had. He and his students are a most spectacular bunch.[/center][/quote]<br><br>[center]Whitey, Excellent memoir from what sounds like an incredible experience. <br>Tell me about the autographs...specifically, the one that says JCB. Who is that?<br> :o 8) :o[/center]<br>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next