Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:00 pm 

[quote author=debutante daisy link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=75#77 date=04/06/04 at 20:58:08]Tell me about the autographs...specifically, the one that says JCB. Who is that?<br> :o 8) :o[/quote]<br><br>Forgive me for butting in, but I think I may have the answer. JCB is none other than  Jimmy Carl Black, the Indian of the group.<br><br>Image<br><br>;D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:13 pm 

[center]I picked up this brochure from a Project/Object show. <br>When or where remains a mystery.<br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<br>[ftp]http://www.keropiansculpture.com/FZappMem.html[/ftp]<br>go here to check out other Michael Keropian's Frank Zappa sculptures<br> :o[/center]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:17 pm 

[quote author=Billy link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=75#78 date=04/06/04 at 21:00:56]<br><br>Forgive me for butting in, but I think I may have the answer. JCB is none other than  Jimmy Carl Black, the Indian of the group.<br><br>Image<br><br>;D[/quote]<br><br>thanks billy...you'd think i'd know that eh? hellooooo??? glad i'm not getting graded on this. <br>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:27 pm 

THEM OR US TOURMERRIWEATHER POST PAVILION COLUMBIA, MARYLAND AUGUST 30, 1984]photos by Scott Yobp ImageImageImageImageI scalped tickets for this show and sat in the orchestra pit, third row. The nice man sitting next to me was a photographer with a press pass. I gave him ten bucks and my address for a copy of the pictures. I thought I'd never see them but low and behold, I got them in the mail the next week. For those of you who may live in the DC area, the man on the left hanging with Frank in the green room is DJ, Damien Enstein from the old WHFS 102.3 radio station. Thank you Scott Yobp wherever you are!!! ;D ;D 8) ;D ;D

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:17 pm 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=75#81 date=04/11/04 at 19:40:16]Holy crap, debutante daisy! Those are some wicked pics! Frank looks fucking hilarious with that super short red tank top on, eh?! ;D[/quote]<br><br>Summertime in DC is really hot. So was Frank! :P ;D :P<br>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:15 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=75#86 date=04/17/04 at 19:12:25][center][font=comic sans ms]Janet Ferguson and The Mothers Of Invention[/font]<br><br>Image[/center][/quote]<br>[center]<br>[glow=blue,2,300]Show and Tell  Show and Tell  Show and Tell[/glow]<br>What can you tell us about this pix Mr. D?<br> ::) ??? ::)[/center]

Post subject: re: fz ...show & tell
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:29 am 

Image<br><br>got 2 or 3 copies stashed away somewhere; <br>it's a reasonably accurate bio of fz, <br>kinda like the entire slaven book in a few dozen pages<br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:26 pm 

ImageAfter reading the thread about how many Mothers have you met? it occurred to me that I hadn't posted my Project/Object poster with Bunk Gardner & Don Preston's autographs on it. The poster is too big for my scanner, but you get the drift. ;)

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:22 am 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=90#93 date=08/26/04 at 10:41:44][center]Image[/center][/quote]<br><br>From left to right:<br><br>Roy Estrada, Napoleon Murphy Brock, Frank Zappa, Robert "Frog" Camarena, Novi Novog, Terry Bozzio, Denny Walley.<br><br>Summer 1975 this line up was together for about 3 weeks. They rehearsed, but they did not record or tour.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:11 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=90#93 date=08/26/04 at 10:41:44][center]Image[/center][/quote]<br><br>[quote author=unica link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=90#94 date=08/26/04 at 12:22:00]<br><br>From left to right:<br><br>Roy Estrada, Napoleon Murphy Brock, Frank Zappa, Robert "Frog" Camarena, Novi Novog, Terry Bozzio, Denny Walley.<br><br>Summer 1975 this line up was together for about 3 weeks. They rehearsed, but they did not record or tour.[/quote]<br><br>[center]A valley girl from North Hollywood, CA, Novi began playing piano at age four.  When she was eight, she took up the violin, then moved on to viola. As part of the American Youth Symphony, Novi studied under Mehli Mehta, then attended California Institute of the Arts on scholarship under Louis Kievman, where she received the American String Teachers Award.   She is one of the most versatile musicians in the Los Angeles scene, equally at home in classical, jazz, pop or rock styles.<br><br>An excerpt from www.united-mutations.com<br>"she was never part of a touring band. i'm not sure, but looking at the personel on the photo in the btb2 scrapbook, i've always assumed that this band was sort of a transition phase between the spring and fall 1975 bands. or rather, an early version of the fall band. and judging from the photo, andre lewis wasn't in the band by then.<br><br>...... from: charles ulrich (ulrich@sfu.ca)<br>violist novi novog rehearsed with fz in the summer of 1975, but decided not to tour with him. novi now plays in a band called freeway philharmonic: http://www.songs.com/fp/index.html<br><br> novi doesn't seem to be on e-mail herself, but i've sent questions through her bandmate larry tuttle twice and received replies both times. here's what they said:<br><br>[from 12/5/97:]<br>>the word from novi is:  she never made it on to any of the zappa albums. she was scheduled to be in the band with frank and napoleon murphy brock (who was supposed to hold her upside down over the audience), but novi (being novi) decided to stay loyal to her own band with her cousin - chunky, novi and ernie. novi credits frank with encouraging her to make the move from classical viola to electric viola.  he liked the sound of "stinky", her barcus-berry ax.<br><br> [from 9/11/99:]<br>by the way, novi got all of those huge guys in her tiny datsun at once to go eat thai food.  pretty cool, huh??<br>frank said "these cars are only made for short people and japanese."<br> ;D<br>[/center]<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:11 pm 

[center]<br>Image<br>Image<br><br>[font=Verdana]20 years young[/font]<br>[/center]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:31 pm 

Son of some more pics of the Zappa Memorial Sculpture!<br><br>http://www.keropiansculpture.com/FZappMem.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:58 pm 

ImageThis photo was taken this morning in Pittsburgh, PA. I had the pleasure of hanging with band for the last several days; a dream come true!<br>I had Ike sign my album and the cd, both on the original Enigma label. Ike shed a tear when he saw them.
Image ;D Whoa!

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:10 am 

[center] [font=comic sans ms]<br>Part II of jimmie d's Xmas present to me<br>[img]<br>http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421587244/4.jpg[/img]<br>Image<br>Hello...Room Service?[/font]<br> :-*<br>[/center]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next