Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 163  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
Yes I did, thanks for asking. Long flight, we had a hitch in the giddy up leaving but it wasn't to long...the time machine effect did not work today (you arrive home two hours after you left but it is a 5 hour flight) I think I am just plain exhausted, best tighten the shoe strings I leave again Monday and when I get back, go on yet another two week run!

I have to say again I had an excellent time at dinner with PIB, everyone I have had a pleasure to meet from the forum have been really good people, to bad we all couldn't get together some time...in the mean time let me know if I am in your area I will gladly make the effort to meet up no matter how briefly.

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
I have a hilarious episode that occurred at the PIB’s Fischers Flicker gig, we went upstairs to the Green Room and PIB had been moving around like a crack addict searching for a dropped rock, needless to say he was pulling his own hair out.

So he needed a sign for his CD sales on a white board, being an artist I volunteered to through something together and it came out quite well it read:

1 night only get all 3 Fischer releases for only $10.00…guess how many misspellings he found when I finished?... :mrgreen:

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3305
Location: Chicago, IL
Haha - we were a bad match-up for that activity, Plook, as I am anal with that shit! :mrgreen:
Thanks again for all of the kind words about the show and your time here, etc.
Yes, that's always my M.O. before my shows. I don't get nervous, I get anxious and want to make sure that everything is all in place and the absolute BEST that it can be!
Gee, wonder why I'm such a big fan of Uncle Frank's! :wink:

PS - Found 'Genesis Revisited'!
(Also, Arkay - if you're reading this thread - I've imported all of your mp3 tracks and will begin checking them out today - thanks again!)

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
Headed to Cincinnati in the morning, if anyone is in the area contact me by PM and we can meet up, see you all from the land of WKRP... :mrgreen:

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
Made it safely to Cincinnati, just in time for incrediable traffic, at the room now need to eat! When I got up before the butt crack of dawn this morning I opened the slider to the backyard for my dog to go out and what do you know the little cat we adopted that was half dead a couple months ago got a rat and left in front of the door for me to find, totally awesome job for a little guy. I have been training him since we got him buying first a little mouse toy and then a rat toy...I'm like his Mr. Miyagi...rat on, rat off...I am proud of Scooter!

:mrgreen:

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3305
Location: Chicago, IL
Plook wrote:
Made it safely to Cincinnati, just in time for incrediable traffic, at the room now need to eat! When I got up before the butt crack of dawn this morning I opened the slider to the backyard for my dog to go out and what do you know the little cat we adopted that was half dead a couple months ago got a rat and left in front of the door for me to find, totally awesome job for a little guy. I have been training him since we got him buying first a little mouse toy and then a rat toy...I'm like his Mr. Miyagi...rat on, rat off...I am proud of Scooter!

:mrgreen:

:smoke:


Nice! It's that time of year.... I disposed of 20+ mice already from the traps in the garage. It's now settled down though...

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Plook wrote:
Made it safely to Cincinnati, just in time for incrediable traffic, at the room now need to eat! When I got up before the butt crack of dawn this morning I opened the slider to the backyard for my dog to go out and what do you know the little cat we adopted that was half dead a couple months ago got a rat and left in front of the door for me to find, totally awesome job for a little guy. I have been training him since we got him buying first a little mouse toy and then a rat toy...I'm like his Mr. Miyagi...rat on, rat off...I am proud of Scooter!

:mrgreen:

:smoke:


Nice! It's that time of year.... I disposed of 20+ mice already from the traps in the garage. It's now settled down though...



Now that I have Scooter the Mighty Hunter, maybe I will not have to set traps... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3305
Location: Chicago, IL
Plook wrote:
Now that I have Scooter the Mighty Hunter, maybe I will not have to set traps... :smoke:


Does Scooter do outside consulting? :mrgreen:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Plook wrote:
Now that I have Scooter the Mighty Hunter, maybe I will not have to set traps... :smoke:


Does Scooter do outside consulting? :mrgreen:



He should he barely weighs anything, he was maybe 6 weeks and skin and bones when we found him, that was maybe 6 weeks ago. The rat well not the largest I have seen, was substanctial in size, I am sure Scooter had to use his best Kung Fu to win that battle...

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3305
Location: Chicago, IL
This has got to be relevant:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/cats_actually_kill

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
Thats great... :mrgreen:

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
Headed home tomorrow for 4 whole days yippee!

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13893
Location: From some place in this area...
Sky blue
(Peter Gabriel)

Lost my time lost my place in
Sky blue
Those two blue eyes light your face in
Sky blue
I know how to fly, i know how to drown in
Sky blue

Warm wind blowing over the earth
Sky blue
I sing through the land, the land sings through me
Sky blue
Reaching into the deepest shade of
Sky blue

Sky blue
So tired of all this travelling
So many miles away from home
I keep moving to be stable
Free to wander, free to roam

Train pulled out said my goodbyes
Sky blue
Back on the road alone with the sky
Sky blue
There's a presence here no one denies
Sky blue

Sky blue

Sky blue
So tired of all this travelling
So many miles away from home
I keep moving to be stable
Free to wander, free to roam

I can hear the same voice calling
Crying out, from my heart
And that cry, what a cry
What a cry, it's going to be
If i can stop to let it out, oh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Jdo8e3erE

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3305
Location: Chicago, IL
YES! Can we *ever* have too much Gabriel? I really don't think so.

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
Thank you Mr.GG in some weird way that makes me feel better and PIB it is timely since we were discussing PG in depth last week.

Well the Team I was with here in Ohio worked real well together and we think we figured out what the issue is with the Customers system, it actually doesn't have anything to do with our original working theory and ironically I first noticed what we suspect as the problem (I am probably the least intelligent of the group). I noticed an important sub server package required for our switching system did not look configured as it normally should be, I spotted it as soon as I looked at it because I have audited dozens of these and it is a regular task for me in my day to day capacity.

I then brought the smart guys over and said this doesn't look right and they were on it like ants on a sugar cube and determined that it is most likely the cause, Network Integration will begin testing the theory, but everyone is certain that the root cause is emanating from the Customers alterations to the system. It has to do with remote soft ware downloads and it is like they are trying to get a bus load of people in a VW!

I also had a secret mission on this trip that I had to perform outside of the system investigation and I have 4 super long reports to write on sub contractors and it isn't good. Also these reports will probably make it on the desk of the VP who runs North America so I have to get my super professional best work product together and sent by COB on Friday. Let see, fly all day tomorrow, get home in afternoon, try and get some admin done, 4 hour staff call Friday morning and get 4 long reports done by 5:00 central time which is 3:00pm Pacific, no worries... so I am once again fighting the clock.

Well I will see ya all on the other side of the country... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3305
Location: Chicago, IL
Plook wrote:
Thank you Mr.GG in some weird way that makes me feel better and PIB it is timely since we were discussing PG in depth last week.

Well the Team I was with here in Ohio worked real well together and we think we figured out what the issue is with the Customers system, it actually doesn't have anything to do with our original working theory and ironically I first noticed what we suspect as the problem (I am probably the least intelligent of the group). I noticed an important sub server package required for our switching system did not look configured as it normally should be, I spotted it as soon as I looked at it because I have audited dozens of these and it is a regular task for me in my day to day capacity.

I then brought the smart guys over and said this doesn't look right and they were on it like ants on a sugar cube and determined that it is most likely the cause, Network Integration will begin testing the theory, but everyone is certain that the root cause is emanating from the Customers alterations to the system. It has to do with remote soft ware downloads and it is like they are trying to get a bus load of people in a VW!

I also had a secret mission on this trip that I had to perform outside of the system investigation and I have 4 super long reports to write on sub contractors and it isn't good. Also these reports will probably make it on the desk of the VP who runs North America so I have to get my super professional best work product together and sent by COB on Friday. Let see, fly all day tomorrow, get home in afternoon, try and get some admin done, 4 hour staff call Friday morning and get 4 long reports done by 5:00 central time which is 3:00pm Pacific, no worries... so I am once again fighting the clock.

Well I will see ya all on the other side of the country... :smoke:



Ommmmmmmmm :wink:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
Made it home, have to leave again next week but I am going to wait to leave until Tuesday and get 4 days at home. Mrs.Plook has a roast going for dinner, nothing like home cooking!

I discovered that if I tell stories about my Granddaughter to the Airline counter worker I can sometimes get seat improvements, my flight from Salt Lake City to Sacramento I got aisle row 6, what a score! I never intended for the stories to get me upgrades I just like to talk about Izzy, is this some sort of ethical breach?

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
Bummer, caught a cold and I pick up my car today for my 1000 mile whirlwind tour of California, pumping up the vitimin C...

For anyone interested in meeting the cities I will be in are:

Fresno
Victorville
Riverside
Corona (maybe)
San Diego
Long Beach
Anaheim
Irvine
Semi Valley

Let me know if your in the area... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
Headed out in the morning still feel kinda punky... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3305
Location: Chicago, IL
Plook wrote:
Headed out in the morning still feel kinda punky... :smoke:


For what it's worth, I'm on the same boat. Emergen-C and trying to squeeze in an extra hour of sleep every night. :|

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
Headed out now, Yes PIB I bought a box of that myself it seems to cut the time your ill, I will be on a very tight schedule the first few days but I will check in even if only briefly...its hard to keep one away from this place...ha ha ha... :mrgreen:

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2285
Plook wrote:
Headed out in the morning still feel kinda punky... :smoke:

If a problem comes along, Plook, you can whip it. Whip it good!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
I made it through the day with out going Devo...lol...got Fresno done and headed to the High Desert staying at Mrs.Plooks dads house, head to Riverside in the morning, I think I will skip Corona and head sraight to San Diego. I have some online training that is due by Friday and I owe one report from Cincinatti still, if I keep feeling better I noticed the Golf Fairy put the Gold Clubs in the car...see ya all tomorrow...

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
Finished up in San Diego headed up to LA (Long Beach), so ya all later... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21462
Location: Somewhere in time
Well I am having a great time this weekend with the Daughter Plook the Elder and her husband, also my buddy H-Dog is here, we work together and schedule so we could meet up.

Friday night we went to an 80’s night at a club that was jamming, I used my best Most Interesting Man in the World persona and got us the reserved “Kings Table”, everyone thought we were celebrities…lol... the Daugter Plook the Elders Husband came later since he worked and she went to the door and asked if he could be let in free and they said no. I told her I would take care of it and I got him on the list and he was able to by pass the line, she couldn’t believe it. I told her she needs to learn how to work it…lol.

We were enjoying the show and PIB texts me and he went to a friends cover band show at the restaurant I took him too and he played with them, coincidences do happen. He says he sang with them on Neil Diamond and Sublime…would have loved to have been at that show!

Well we drank several drinks and that is not my gig anymore but I was fine yesterday, the staying up late is the tricky part for me these days…lol…we did a cruise yesterday around the beaches it was great, a lot of stuff going on, Iron Man Contest at Seal Beach and a Surf Contest at Huntington Beach.

Since H-Dog is getting into Golf and the Son-in-Law was at work we decided to go Golfing, we ended up at the course my Father was a member at for over 20 years and had a tour of memory lane. It was great I was able to tell my daughter many stories of caddying for my Dad and Golfing with him. We played with two really nice guys and had fun. I played the best I have in some time and had an excellent round.

Last night H-Dog and I took the Daughter Plook the Elder and her Husband out for dinner. Today were going to watch Football and have a barbeque.

I got all my training done for work and still have several reports to write, they need to be in by Tuesday, so I’m again going to use the weekend to hang with my girl, I have no guilt I have been averaging over 70 hours a week and will still have over 60 for this last week. I guess you can always work more, but not today!

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 163  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group