Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:26 pm 

The only Edgar Winter album that I ever listened to a lot was "They Only Come Out At Night" and that was a GREAT record (Frankenstein, Free Ride, etc.). Derringer and Ronnie Montrose were both on that record. I also remember Edgar Winter's White Trash that Derringer was in too.

Derringer in his later years has become very religious and espouses his Christianity at every opportunity even changing lyrics to some of his old songs to reflect his beliefs. Man, what a turn off. I don't want to hear Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo with Jesus lyrics.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:51 pm 

On my way to tonight's show, Queens of the Stone Age!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:53 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
On my way to tonight's show, Queens of the Stone Age!

Awesome Arkay! Enjoy - I thought about that one but have to go to an event honoring my Grandfather tonight anyhow.

PS - Some more Zappa-related Chicago events coming up soon!

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:58 pm 

I've got Keneally tix... something else I'm forgetting?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:04 pm 

May 20th @ Martyrs = Roister (w/ Tom Fowler, Ray White, Bobby Martin)
Sat May 31st @ Reggies = Chester Thompson Trio
June 1st @ Lincoln Hall = Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger (GOASTT - w/ Sean Lennon - featuring Robbie Seahag from Project/Object/ GrandeMothers, etc. on lead guitar)
June 17th @ Reggies = Robby Krieger's Jam Kitchen (w/ Arthur Barrow & Tommy Mars) and Fischer's Flicker just landed the opening slot today (I'm stoked!)

.... and I think there's some Bozzio thing happening soon too. :mrgreen:

(Can't make Keneally as I've got a wedding to go to that night. :| )

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:50 pm 

Focus

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:22 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:

May 20th @ Martyrs = Roister (w/ Tom Fowler, Ray White, Bobby Martin)
Sat May 31st @ Reggies = Chester Thompson Trio
June 1st @ Lincoln Hall = Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger (GOASTT - w/ Sean Lennon - featuring Robbie Seahag from Project/Object/ GrandeMothers, etc. on lead guitar)
June 17th @ Reggies = Robby Krieger's Jam Kitchen (w/ Arthur Barrow & Tommy Mars) and Fischer's Flicker just landed the opening slot today (I'm stoked!)

.... and I think there's some Bozzio thing happening soon too. :mrgreen:

(Can't make Keneally as I've got a wedding to go to that night. :| )

So PIB, are you the Fischer that has the Flicker?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:06 am 

KUIII wrote:

Ha, yes - guilty :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:24 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
KUIII wrote:

Ha, yes - guilty :mrgreen:

Congratulations on opening for Robbie Krieger (w/Arthur and Tommy no less)! I haven't heard your music yet but it looks like you've got some pretty interesting stuff out there to check out.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:45 pm 

Deep Purple/Blue Oyster Cult - Pacific Amphitheater 8/6/2014

Ian Anderson(The Best Of Jethro Tull) - Segerstrom PAC 9/18/2014 (18th row)

DP plays The Mule & Into The Fire.

IA - Songs From The Wood, My God, Teacher & Critique Oblique(Passion Play) are in the setlist.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:44 pm 

The Tubes 6/7 and if I can afford and arrange it, the GrandMothers Of Invention at Yoshi's Oakland on 6/28 (?).They (GMOI) added this date because their Russian tour dates have been cancelled.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:57 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
They (GMOI) added this date because their Russian tour dates have been cancelled.

You're Putin me on!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:30 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
They (GMOI) added this date because their Russian tour dates have been cancelled.

You're Putin me on!

I set 'em up and jpd knocks 'em down! Ba dum-dum. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:27 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

You're Putin me on!

And not only but also Douglas has an avatar on, how can I put this, another forum!

I know I was shocked too!

He told me we were exclusive......

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:50 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
The Tubes 6/7 and if I can afford and arrange it, the GrandMothers Of Invention at Yoshi's Oakland on 6/28 (?).They (GMOI) added this date because their Russian tour dates have been cancelled.

ZPZ should never book Russia. Hear that chumcloud?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:23 am 

Steve Hackett just added two San Francisco shows to the Genesis Extended tour - Dec. 7&8, Regency Ballroom. The first show sold out instantly. I hope this means they'll make their way back to SoCal.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:24 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
{KAPT.KIIRK said -- "They (GMOI) added this date because their Russian tour dates have been cancelled."}

You're Putin me on!

And not only but also Douglas has an avatar on, how can I put this, another forum!

I know I was shocked too!

He told me we were exclusive......

Apologies, Ghostie, but you know how these things go down. I met a girl, she wanted me to share in her hobbies, and made me join. Now I'm lost.....lost............lost.........................lost...........................

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:57 am 

King Crimson @ The Orpheum Theater Los Angeles, Sept 30th & Oct. 1st
Steve Hackett @ The Orpheum Theater LA, Dec. 6th

Both concert ticket sales start the same day. I should go for KC first.

Nope. My friend called and scored 6th row Hackett tix on the presale!
KC tomorrow morning. Going for the 99.00 tickets.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:48 am 

Mr. Science & The Tubes or as we know them now, Da Tubes. But even better is seeing them with folks that know how good these musicians are and have always been. 8)

So far it's KU with friends, Plook & Posse with the special extra attraction of .....ME and Uncle Meat from DZW. Maybe David McCain too! Life's good!

...and yesterday, I've been fighting the good fight and had 3 fucking felonies dropped from a case I caught back in Nov.'13. Three down and 1 miss-der-meaner to go. (she's a bitch [DA] who's sister had a house land on her) The wheels of justice turn slow and I turn even slower. Mwahaha! Beat them at they're own game. I got all the time in the world and am looking to make Butte County look bad in the press too. I love it when the professional dummies under estimate my professional talents and me as a decent human being. I make 'em pay for the assumption that I must be doing something wrong. (eye's be rollin' on the concrete fawn) Never judge people by the way they look. I have my reasons and if you talk to me you'd understand.....but nooo, they have to profile ya. I was taught not to judge a book by it's cover, but by the content inside. It still works for me. I have good friends. Even if some like Zappa as much as I do! :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:46 pm 

Ordered tik today for Crimson in Albany 9/10, 2nd show of the tour. $50 was the most I wanted to spend to see them, and that was the price, so I did it. No f'n way I'd shell out double that if I was in Boston, NYC, or LA. I'll probably end up paying that much with gas & thruway fees from Buffalo area to Albany though. Should be awesome. Haven't seen an actual King Crimson show since Level 5 tour '01. Crimson Projekct was awesome a few years ago, but that was Fripp-less. Very stoked to see what pre-Discipline material they'll play. Just hope there's none of that Scarcity Of Miracles dogshit included.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:58 pm 

My updated list:

Deep Purple/Blue Oyster Cult - Pacific Amphitheater Aug/6/2014

Ian Anderson(The Best Of Jethro Tull) - Segerstrom PAC Sept/18/2014 (18th row)

King Crimson(Elements PPF) - Orpheum Theater Oct/1/2014 (21st Century row)

Steve Hackett(Genesis Extended tour) - Orpheum Theater Dec/6/2014 (6th row F-ya!)

That'll probably do it for 2014, unless ZPZ or AC/DC tour here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:09 pm 

coevad wrote:
My updated list:

Deep Purple/Blue Oyster Cult - Pacific Amphitheater Aug/6/2014

Ian Anderson(The Best Of Jethro Tull) - Segerstrom PAC Sept/18/2014 (18th row)

King Crimson(Elements PPF) - Orpheum Theater Oct/1/2014 (21st Century row)

Steve Hackett(Genesis Extended tour) - Orpheum Theater Dec/6/2014 (6th row F-ya!)

That'll probably do it for 2014, unless ZPZ or AC/DC tour here.

Seems like you're pretty locked in to my thinking and tastes, coevad. I'm definitely seeing Ian Anderson (in Redding, CA - tix on sale 6/17), DP/BOC (Lincoln, CA), and King Crimson (SF) are on my radar if I can afford it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:12 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Mr. Science & The Tubes or as we know them now, Da Tubes. But even better is seeing them with folks that know how good these musicians are and have always been. 8)

So far it's KU with friends, Plook & Posse with the special extra attraction of .....ME and Uncle Meat from DZW. Maybe David McCain too! Life's good!

...and yesterday, I've been fighting the good fight and had 3 fucking felonies dropped from a case I caught back in Nov.'13. Three down and 1 miss-der-meaner to go. (she's a bitch [DA] who's sister had a house land on her) The wheels of justice turn slow and I turn even slower. Mwahaha! Beat them at they're own game. I got all the time in the world and am looking to make Butte County look bad in the press too. I love it when the professional dummies under estimate my professional talents and me as a decent human being. I make 'em pay for the assumption that I must be doing something wrong. (eye's be rollin' on the concrete fawn) Never judge people by the way they look. I have my reasons and if you talk to me you'd understand.....but nooo, they have to profile ya. I was taught not to judge a book by it's cover, but by the content inside. It still works for me. I have good friends. Even if some like Zappa as much as I do! :wink: 8)

Damnit, Kapt. Times are tough in Butte County. We were counting on your incarceration to get us through. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:52 am 

KUIII wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Damnit, Kapt. Times are tough in Butte County. We were counting on your incarceration to get us through. :mrgreen:

Well thats the end of the borrowed credit card info from the prison run shopping network call centre plan......

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:13 pm 

I like The Jayhawks very much. Maybe they are my fav band, that's still alive. Unfortunately they don't touring Germany this year. So I'm wondering to see them in England this summer. Bristol maybe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next