Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:04 am
Posts: 1891
Location: Amsterdam
Image

His drawing is placed over the phone book as a template and he uses an artist's scalpel or basic razor blades to patiently slice away at the thousands of pages inside the famous book

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/cult ... ml?image=9

_________________
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ALL THE FUN IN THE WORLD?
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:21 pm
Posts: 590
If the artist is willing I think this should be an album or DVD cover of some upcoming release. That is really a nice work of art.

_________________
"Whose foot is to be the measure to which ours are all to be cut or stretched? Is a priest to be our inquisitor, or shall a layman, simple as ourselves, set up his reason as the rule for what we are to read and what we must believe?" T.J.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5041
It would be interesting to let former US Senator/NY Knicks basketball player Bill Bradley have a crack at that one.
I remember back in the 70s Bill Bradley was on Midday Live with Bill Boggs where he recited any given page
of a phone book.

Those not familiar with that particular show that aired here in NYC on WNEW CH5 may remember
that Bill Boggs along with Richard Baker co produced Zappa Halloween '81 for MTV.

Frank Zappa on Bill Boggs show 1979
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eDMi8EU_3s

Image
Image

_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9576
Location: EINDHOVEN
That's TOO cool! There's this awesome sense of depth in it!


More works by this artist, Alex Queral:
http://www.projectsgallery.com/Queral.htm

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:46 am
Posts: 120
Trendmonger wrote:
It would be interesting to let former US Senator/NY Knicks basketball player Bill Bradley have a crack at that one.
I remember back in the 70s Bill Bradley was on Midday Live with Bill Boggs where he recited any given page
of a phone book.

Those not familiar with that particular show that aired here in NYC on WNEW CH5 may remember
that Bill Boggs along with Richard Baker co produced Zappa Halloween '81 for MTV.

Frank Zappa on Bill Boggs show 1979
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eDMi8EU_3s

Image
Image



To be able to recite the phone book, presumably one would have to have read the thing, cover to cover, in the first place.

He could get a job at 'Directory Enquiries' in a shot!

Guy

_________________
Guy Cool


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5041
Guy Cool wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
It would be interesting to let former US Senator/NY Knicks basketball player Bill Bradley have a crack at that one.
I remember back in the 70s Bill Bradley was on Midday Live with Bill Boggs where he recited any given page
of a phone book.

Those not familiar with that particular show that aired here in NYC on WNEW CH5 may remember
that Bill Boggs along with Richard Baker co produced Zappa Halloween '81 for MTV.

Frank Zappa on Bill Boggs show 1979
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eDMi8EU_3s

Image
Image



To be able to recite the phone book, presumably one would have to have read the thing, cover to cover, in the first place.

He could get a job at 'Directory Enquiries' in a shot!

Guy


Bill Bradley could read a telephone book cover to cover where after that you pick a page and he can recite that page.
That feat is amazing photographic memory. I think Jerry Lucas taught Bill about photographic memory techniques.

The point being if he read a phone book where at each and every page FZ was staring him in the face
that would make for an interesting dialog when someone asked him to recite a BLACK PAGE.

_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:30 pm
Posts: 10512
Location: Windsor,Ontario Canada
unica wrote:
Image

His drawing is placed over the phone book as a template and he uses an artist's scalpel or basic razor blades to patiently slice away at the thousands of pages inside the famous book

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/cult ... ml?image=9



That's fricken awsome as are the other ones he did.

_________________
I'm not Antisocial,Society is Anti me !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group