Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:06 am
Posts: 6
Location: Albany, OR
Does anyone know what happend with downloads from the shows? I got my free Chicago dl and then an offer for the same show dl again, but haven't heard a thing about the Portland show. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:11 am
Posts: 533
Location: in a small town someplace i used to be
Insert scanners reply please....

_________________
BANNED and FAT


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:05 pm
Posts: 570
Location: Chicago,Il.
Wait....Then Wait...........Then Wait..............Then Wait.............................Then Wait.................................Then Wait.............................Then Wait Some More!

_________________
What would Zappa say?....... http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/thepoodlebites


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19491
Location: Somewhere in time
Sweat Jesus people...there not done yet, when they are you will get them if you don't we will get a good lawyer and get a class action suit and sue the shit out of them and the lawyers will get all the money.

Now enough with the freaking downloads...next subject...I'm fucking exhausted from that, gettin old.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
Sweat Jesus people...there not done yet, when they are you will get them if you don't we will get a good lawyer and get a class action suit and sue the shit out of them and the lawyers will get all the money.

Now enough with the freaking downloads...next subject...I'm fucking exhausted from that, gettin old.

But you got yours! :wink: Really the tech.takes time,its free folks! Now check out their schedule? Quite a bit (of well deserved)off time to delegate and overseeing this project;I'm still waiting for Live at The Roxy & Elsewhere movie!!!Also I am waiting for the 12/12/08 Roxy show too.But I was there and don't give me a quickie! I want the experience I had! I will wait for that one to be polished!!!But not to long!? How long is long enough? :? :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:11 am
Posts: 533
Location: in a small town someplace i used to be
I have to give Dweezil credit. Hasn't he been on tour for like four years STRAIGHT? Here and internationally? I think yes. Understandable about the late shit. Thanks ZPZ for workin so hard, look forward to seeing a West Coast show or two....AGAIN. And, but also, come back again and again.

_________________
BANNED and FAT


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:13 pm
Posts: 159
Joel Osteen wrote:
I have to give Dweezil credit. Hasn't he been on tour for like four years STRAIGHT? Here and internationally? I think yes. Understandable about the late shit. Thanks ZPZ for workin so hard, look forward to seeing a West Coast show or two....AGAIN. And, but also, come back again and again.


Is that you Gail?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:11 am
Posts: 533
Location: in a small town someplace i used to be
Joel Osteen wrote:
Is that you Gail?


Yep. You got me. Its me, Gail. My lawyer and I are going to EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!!

_________________
BANNED and FAT


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
psd wrote:
Joel Osteen wrote:
I have to give Dweezil credit. Hasn't he been on tour for like four years STRAIGHT? Here and internationally? I think yes. Understandable about the late shit. Thanks ZPZ for workin so hard, look forward to seeing a West Coast show or two....AGAIN. And, but also, come back again and again.


Is that you Gail?

Good one ,milk out me nose!
Now I see she answered you back!! Ho Ho Ho! :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14846
Plook wrote:
Sweat Jesus people...there not done yet, when they are you will get them if you don't we will get a good lawyer and get a class action suit and sue the shit out of them and the lawyers will get all the money.

Now enough with the freaking downloads...next subject...I'm fucking exhausted from that, gettin old.


haha. Okay, next will be Where's the Roxy DVD. Then back to the downloads. Then Roxy. It happens constantly here.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
What Frank has givin' me over the last 1/2 century in obtainable goods,far out weighs the wait for Live At The Roxy & Elsewhere movie. Back in `72. :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:13 pm
Posts: 159
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
psd wrote:
Joel Osteen wrote:
I have to give Dweezil credit. Hasn't he been on tour for like four years STRAIGHT? Here and internationally? I think yes. Understandable about the late shit. Thanks ZPZ for workin so hard, look forward to seeing a West Coast show or two....AGAIN. And, but also, come back again and again.


Is that you Gail?

Good one ,milk out me nose!
Now I see she answered you back!! Ho Ho Ho! :mrgreen:


jus' doin' ma job, sir.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:32 pm
Posts: 84
I think the ZFT should hire someone to run the business correctly.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:05 pm
Posts: 570
Location: Chicago,Il.
tjfar67 wrote:
I think the ZFT should hire someone to run the business correctly.....

I"m almost as old as Frank was when he passed...I need it now...I'm not getting any younger!

_________________
What would Zappa say?....... http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/thepoodlebites


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:46 am
Posts: 12
An update would be cool on this subject... I was I the first Montréal concert.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5039
stéphane wrote:
An update would be cool on this subject... I was I the first Montréal concert.


Did you happen to read the July 8 ZPZ Blog that I have been reiterating time ad time again recently?
Just in case here is a link containing an update.

http://www.zappaplayszappa.com/tourlog/ ... th=7&day=8

_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: An air base in Central Europe
Wow, Trendmonger 2.0 is now concise and competent enough to handle the hyperlink-thing correctly. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:13 pm
Posts: 159
Trendmonger wrote:
stéphane wrote:
An update would be cool on this subject... I was I the first Montréal concert.


Did you happen to read the July 8 ZPZ Blog that I have been reiterating time ad time again recently?
Just in case here is a link containing an update.

http://www.zappaplayszappa.com/tourlog/ ... th=7&day=8


Trendy - The point is that update is now approximately 70 days old. Stale, curdled, dusty, dead. The poster wants something fresh and new. An UPdate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5039
psd wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
stéphane wrote:
An update would be cool on this subject... I was I the first Montréal concert.


Did you happen to read the July 8 ZPZ Blog that I have been reiterating time ad time again recently?
Just in case here is a link containing an update.

http://www.zappaplayszappa.com/tourlog/ ... th=7&day=8


Trendy - The point is that update is now approximately 70 days old. Stale, curdled, dusty, dead.
The poster wants something fresh and new. An UPdate.


Your view here is ever so much pootage soup
of a hand held adolescent ideology.

Take a close look at DZs commentary.
Just what part of DZs studio schedule was not clear?


"I do have a planned open schedule for a while in the fall and the early part of 2010..........."

To me it is all very clear. I see no reason whatsoever to bathe in negativity or feel the information is not fresh
and relevant to the project moving forward. For me everything DZ is about is a rewarding experience.
Some make a decision to share in that and some bathe in any given negativity that comes by.
Read it again in the full context all below.
ProgAtion is over, he has studio time scheduled to work on many exciting things.
I as some who have spoken to Dweezil on his recent tour may very well know what a few of the unexpected exciting new things are about.

May I suggest all that are in need of some coddling to dilate their mind to the basic statement that now
and has ever since it was made clearly shows NOW is a phase where Dweezil Zappa is working on several projects
and one of those projects is finishing up the YCFOSA MIXes.

It's all here again for you to ponder.

http://www.zappaplayszappa.com/tourlog/ ... th=7&day=8

In closing I would like to say that there are many exciting things in the works. The question as usual is how to get it done in a timely manner since I do not have a staff of dozens of employees and expediters. I do have a planned open schedule for a while in the fall and the early part of 2010 so that should help.

After the Prog Nation Dream Theater tour I will be spending a lot of time in the studio finishing up download mixes, CD mixes and DVD editing. I plan to write and record some of my own new music soon as well. Yes, I have even been discussing spending some serious time on the Original FZ Roxy Footage.

Frank's music continues to be a great source of inspiration and it is a very rewarding experience to perform it and share it with all of you. We look forward to seeing all of you out there on the road helping to spread the word.

Regards, DZ

POSTED BY DWEEZIL ZAPPA AT 2009-07-08 13:08:55


_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2343
Location: Europe
Why couldn't you just have responded "I think Dweezil will work on it late 2009, early 2010; cf. his blog"? You just have to be paranoid on Dweezil's behalf all the time. It is really scary to watch.

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:11 am
Posts: 533
Location: in a small town someplace i used to be
Downloads? What downloads?



OOOOHHHHH, THOSE downloads

_________________
BANNED and FAT


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19491
Location: Somewhere in time
It was announced today Saturday 09/19/09 by Gail and Deweezil Zappa on behalf of ZFT that no downloads will be forth coming since the original tapes were eaten by DaDog...unfortunate but it couldn't be helped, they were on tour for a long time and he got hungry.

Stop obsessing on the downloads..be thankful you got to see the band at all!

Plook out
:mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:11 am
Posts: 533
Location: in a small town someplace i used to be
what sort of downloads are we talking about here? Is it a real download or a Sears download?

_________________
BANNED and FAT


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9578
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . sonics
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Image

_________________
Image


Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19491
Location: Somewhere in time
Arf... 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group