Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Disappearance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:24 am 

Disappearance

I just noticed that all the Shadow posts have disappeared from the O in the M thread...I know the Shadow was dd, as well as some others. Did the admin delete his posts or can an individual somehow delete their old posts? When dd got banned his posts remained as they still do, if anyone can expand on this please do.

:?

Post subject: Re: Disappearance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:05 am 

Cool.
Now we can just pretend that the asshole never existed...until tomorrow when he returns with a new alias.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:13 pm 

Trendy just XXX himself out of his own topic and posts... Anything is possible

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:13 pm 

I think once you get past a certain point in post total or some other criteria you can delete your own posts.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:03 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
I think once you get past a certain point in post total or some other criteria you can delete your own posts.

The post isn't deleted...since it's still there. He merely edited it by replacing his Missing Persons homage with xxx.
The next step is to deny he ever said it.
Hmmmm.....sounds familiar for some reason...

Post subject: re: delete
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:12 pm 

you can delete your own post only if it's the last post on the thread ... Image lower right corner

exception: the pre-crash [apr-03] fucked up threads may erroneously indicate you as the last post, can't delete those

Post subject: Re: re: delete
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:10 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
you can delete your own post only if it's the last post on the thread ... Image lower right corner

exception: the pre-crash [apr-03] fucked up threads may erroneously indicate you as the last post, can't delete those

You mean the April 2006 crash, isn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:03 am 

But how does one disappear from the thread as dd's shadow did...admin?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:16 am 

Only The Shadow Knows.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:38 pm 

He probably deleted all his posts (Mikey, that is.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:08 pm 

Good riddance, and for you folks that like to engage him (and history tells us he will be back under another name), cut it out if you don't like him. If you don't respond he has nobody to play with. He really does need you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:09 pm 

KillUgly wrote:
Good riddance, and for you folks that like to engage him (and history tells us he will be back under another name), cut it out if you don't like him. If you don't respond he has nobody to play with. He really does need you.

It's nice to be needed by someone! :(
(other than the police)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:13 pm 

KillUgly wrote:

That never, ever happens. People will respond all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:02 am 

KillUgly wrote:

He's still here he is at least 2 others that I know of.

:shock:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:41 pm 

Trendy i can handle. He's so long winded because he is a writer. DD is just a D-bag because his parents never had any children that lived.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:29 pm 

I think his intentions were good. He wanted to break the blind allegiance that everyone seems to be displaying towards Obama. His racist stuff and the personal attacks were just outrageous pretense and hyperbole to get your attention, but I guess that would be easy to miss. It was just a means to an end. I agree with his intention, if not his methods.

"Whose foot is to be the measure to which ours are all to be cut or stretched? Is a priest to be our inquisitor, or shall a layman, simple as ourselves, set up his reason as the rule for what we are to read and what we must believe?" T.J.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:50 pm 

one of the uglies wrote:
I think his intentions were good. He wanted to break the blind allegiance that everyone seems to be displaying towards Obama. His racist stuff and the personal attacks were just outrageous pretense and hyperbole to get your attention, but I guess that would be easy to miss. It was just a means to an end. I agree with his intention, if not his methods.

Most people who challenged the relentless diatribes of dd, I do not believe are followers of Obama, I certainly am not. We challenged his relentless attacks on issues and his mindless plagiarism of the far right whack jobs. When faced with non partisan and thoughtful challenges, he chose to devolve like a trapped rat into a homophobic racist. His fact checking was about as good as the knuckleheads on FOX and CNN, his goddess is that vile wench Anne Coulter and his god was that hatemonger Rush Limbaugh. Any other facts you need cleared up?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:48 pm 

I met DD last month at an Ike Willis show. In person he was a cordial enough guy. That doesn't make his posts any more tolerable. Being conservative (or liberal) doesn't make anybody a bad guy. I do think he just tries to rile people up who he knows he can rile up. Rush Limbaugh does that, Michael Moore does that, Howard Stern does that, and even Frank did that at times (though I'm sorry to lump FZ in with those folks). When I saw him he said something to the effect that he was going to be a kinder and gentler poster and his recent posts as the Shadow I think show this somewhat. It's really not my game so I don't play. But for you folks that like that kind of stuff I'm sure he's still around.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:14 am 

Plook wrote:
one of the uglies wrote:

Most people who challenged the relentless diatribes of dd, I do not believe are followers of Obama, I certainly am not. We challenged his relentless attacks on issues and his mindless plagiarism of the far right whack jobs. When faced with non partisan and thoughtful challenges, he chose to devolve like a trapped rat into a homophobic racist. His fact checking was about as good as the knuckleheads on FOX and CNN, his goddess is that vile wench Anne Coulter and his god was that hatemonger Rush Limbaugh. Any other facts you need cleared up?

Only one, I challenged him, in his response to me he indicated quite clearly that his intention was to make a mockery of Obama, and that at the same time he was doing this simply for a goof. I took him at face value on that, and as I said "outrageous pretense" and "hyperbole" in all of his posts were simply to challenge and play devil's advocate, blah. As to plagiarism, why not take from the masters? I mean if you were going to at once make both the liberal idiots who believe in Obama right or wrong, and the conservative idiots who believe Obama is wrong whether he is right or wrong look like the idiots they are, wouldn't it make sense to use the best material out there (for comedic purposes of course)?
Think of it on a different level for a second, he made the people reading think about what Obama was doing, did he keep any of his promises to the people who elected him yet or just hollow gestures? And at the same time he was willing to make himself while playing the "ultra conservative" be the laughing stock and object of scorn. I'd say he accomplished his objective quite effectively. That's just how I perceived him.
To quote some idiots, "We report, You decide."

"Whose foot is to be the measure to which ours are all to be cut or stretched? Is a priest to be our inquisitor, or shall a layman, simple as ourselves, set up his reason as the rule for what we are to read and what we must believe?" T.J.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:49 am 

one of the uglies wrote:
Plook wrote:
one of the uglies wrote:

Only one, I challenged him, in his response to me he indicated quite clearly that his intention was to make a mockery of Obama, and that at the same time he was doing this simply for a goof. I took him at face value on that, and as I said "outrageous pretense" and "hyperbole" in all of his posts were simply to challenge and play devil's advocate, blah. As to plagiarism, why not take from the masters? I mean if you were going to at once make both the liberal idiots who believe in Obama right or wrong, and the conservative idiots who believe Obama is wrong whether he is right or wrong look like the idiots they are, wouldn't it make sense to use the best material out there (for comedic purposes of course)?
Think of it on a different level for a second, he made the people reading think about what Obama was doing, did he keep any of his promises to the people who elected him yet or just hollow gestures? And at the same time he was willing to make himself while playing the "ultra conservative" be the laughing stock and object of scorn. I'd say he accomplished his objective quite effectively. That's just how I perceived him.
To quote some idiots, "We report, You decide."

I am a big fan of taking the unpopular position just to keep the conversation honest, but after many run in with the dd version of this guy, it got ugly. I know he is here and trying to be more cordial under other names, but he is identifiable. As KU met him at a show so did I, and found him to be nice and polite, very different than his on line persona. It just goes to show that some people take on a completely different personality when they think they are unknown. With me what you see is what you get and I am sure the forum members who I have met and know will confirm that.

Post subject: re: disappearance
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:31 pm 

couple of threads disappeared today ...

[speculation] ratted out [/speculation]

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:13 am 

Blink and they are gone :shock: Thanks BPP2 for your information on everything Zappa...Glad I looked yesterday..Got my tickets. It is a shame that certain threads are deleted because of a so called Artist intent. I still believe this can do more harm than good because exposure of any intent is going to be a catalyst for the future. I found out yesterday that photo's I took were used in a download package..Frankly I was amused and pleased that someone liked my photo's enough to use....Hmmm maybe someone here knows a good lawyer!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:33 pm 

I was going to post in those threads but figured they'd be gone soon enough.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:17 am 

I don't buy it.

Posting a load of racist and/or homophobic shit just to 'get people to consider Obama's virtues' (paraphrasing) is not a good enough excuse. Most folks on here are intelligent enough to have a debate without resorting to that level.
If you've got something to say, say it. Don't dress it up in ugly offensive language.

DD is/was an idiot, and his behaviour on this forum is/was pathetic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:36 pm 

FalseDichotomy wrote:
Only The Shadow Knows.

Holy Crap!