Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:44 pm 

I really must commend all the folks here to check this out. It's ostensibly, though not exclusively an interview with the guy who wanted to check the facts about Frank in Maryland. He got to talk to Frank and in it went in the Baltimore Sun back in '86 having been on the quest to seek the Zappa and Collimore families. There are one or two hilarious moments, like FZ looking like FZ without his 'tache whilst in his pram. It is all on topic with the theme of the day; it's a jolly good listen.

http://mdmorn.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/ ... orn-in-pa/

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!

Last edited by diplomaticpermissiondeepi on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:35 pm 

Someone asked for the ZPZ set list for the day. Here is a pic I took.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:04 pm 

Heathen wrote:

Thanks. I'll add this to the 2010 setlist thread... :D

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:44 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Ah, I thought Moon was there too, guess not.

I think Moon is her own girl, an independent spirit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:15 am 

Dark Clothes wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Ah, I thought Moon was there too, guess not.

I think Moon is her own girl, an independent spirit.

I think there was a programme on BBC Radio a few years ago about the progeny of 'Rock Stars' and she popped up rather freaked about folk who might possibly have regarded her dad as some kind of Jesus Christ figure, and these those that wore their facial hair like him.

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:38 am 

Short Dutch newspaper article (Volkskrant) about the event, appeared 22 Sep 2010:
Quote:
Replica from Lithuania

'Stalinistic statue' Zappa in Baltimore

In the place of birth of Frank Zappa (1940-1993), Baltimore, a statue was placed of the rock-guitarist, band leader and composer. It is a replica of the statue that stands on a square in the Lithuania capital Vilnius, a work by sculptor Konstantin Bogdanas. Lithuanian fans let the bronze bust be placed in front of a library in Baltimore. Zappa's widow Gail said: "Frank would have found this terribly funny, because it's so absurd that these chaps from Lithuania come and give a phenomenal sculptor, who normally makes busts of Stalin."

(crooked English in last line intended, as it's not too brilliant Dutch spoken there either.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:43 am 

Heathen wrote:
New Member post about the event: http://www.zappa.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20050

but mostly a link to some vids and audio:

http://zappilla.tumblr.com/

URL changed to http://pathofthebeam.tumblr.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:36 pm 

I have a set of fantastic photos of Zappa Plays Zappa at the dedication of the Frank Zappa statue in Baltimore, on Sept. 19, 2010. The set is on my Flickr dot com pages. On here is a link to where you can find the Zappa Plays Zappa photo set. I have tons of audience photos, band photos, and statue photos.

Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ursusdave/sets/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:33 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
Heathen wrote:

Thanks. I'll add this to the 2010 setlist thread... :D

Who typed this set list? Whoever it was murdered the spelling of the last song.

It was a GREAT day. The band was tight....we did the bump together!
8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:54 am 

ursusdave wrote:
I have a set of fantastic photos of Zappa Plays Zappa at the dedication of the Frank Zappa statue in Baltimore, on Sept. 19, 2010. The set is on my Flickr dot com pages. On here is a link to where you can find the Zappa Plays Zappa photo set. I have tons of audience photos, band photos, and statue photos.

Enjoy.

I was just talking to a friend of mine who was perusing this thread and say hey, i saw your picture in at the unveiling in Baltimore on Zappa.com. I just now clicked on your link Dave.

I am the "nice babe with the Zappa shirt on" pg 3 of thumbnails...with my friend Michael. Michael and I had just met that day...as we are both mutual friends with Calvin Schenkel who we had the pleasure of dining with (along with Chris Opperman and some other cool Zappa freaks) after the event was over. Thanks for including me in your photo spread.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:31 pm 

debutante_daisy wrote:
ursusdave wrote:

Enjoy.

I was just talking to a friend of mine who was perusing this thread and say hey, i saw your picture in at the unveiling in Baltimore on Zappa.com. I just now clicked on your link Dave.

I am the "nice babe with the Zappa shirt on" pg 3 of thumbnails...with my friend Michael. Michael and I had just met that day...as we are both mutual friends with Calvin Schenkel who we had the pleasure of dining with (along with Chris Opperman and some other cool Zappa freaks) after the event was over. Thanks for including me in your photo spread.

Haha, yep, this was in another thread. So that wasn't Jimmie D standing next to you? Someone said it was him and I posted that it didn't.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:57 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
debutante_daisy wrote:
ursusdave wrote:

Enjoy.

Haha, yep, this was in another thread. So that wasn't Jimmie D standing next to you? Someone said it was him and I posted that it didn't.

nope, it was't jimmie d...he didn't go.