Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: crappy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:15 am 

BBP wrote:
bob r wrote:
bob's wife here (melanie)- and not knowing you personally- yes i thought you were serious- how can i tell you are not?- spewing hate is never funny- i feel sorry for your wife- your abuse is outragous.

You COULD have told if you knew your South Park: it's used in the South Park Movie: Bigger, Longer and Uncut by the then mysogenic Mr Garrison. Now please, stop acting like you talk on behalf of all women. I am of the Y-chromosome lacking species and it hasn't hurt my sense of humour.

And I know divorce is a horrible thing to joke about... as a child of split parents too. In fact I was Ceylon's age when they broke up, which creeps me out a little.
But I did and do joke. About Love Ride I wrote in my Go With What You Know review on MySpace that based on the quality of that song, DZ should find a good divorce attorney.

My wife and I don't watch South Park, as offensive (and mindless) as that show is you can't expect most people to pick up on references to it. Melanie NEVER said she spoke for all women, I just think it was an attempt to use South Park's joke to spew crap on people who didn't really find it funny, if you had properly quoted that it was from South Park we would never have pooped on you.We just see so much mindless shit spewed on this site you've got to call people out sometimes.Bob R

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:26 am 

Senor Hikers just beat a few people to the punchline is all. Reading these posts in context made it pretty obvious (to me, at least) that he was poking fun at the previous poster. I didn't get the Southpark reference but I did recognise how that old and tasteless joke was being used.

But I know the pain... Both my wife and I have a similar spin on things and we are constantly surprised and alarmed to discover that others around us, even friends who have known us for years, don't 'get' it. Like when we've been firing insults back and forth for a bit and my wife might just turn on me yelling "Shut-up shut-up shut-up, I can't believe you won't shut-up!" a la Apu of the Simpsons, and I might reply with "Y'know, the ground is soft for diggin'" in a gravelly Tom Waits-type drawl... and then we see the frightened stares around us.

Quote:
There ain't no problem in the world that can't be fixed with a shovel
-me.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:08 am 

does't anyone quote a truely intelligent (yet offensive!) animation series like Duckman?(esp. with the involvement of Frank and other family!) We really enjoyed drawn together as well, I could have picked up on the Apu quote as we do enjoy the Simpsons as well, the number of people who could pick up on South Park quotes is as limited as the number of people who watch it. But to each their own. Laugh on!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:46 am 

We get the translation presented from all english and most other cinescope-omatics, was then vast with judging SP + TS. Still is Lisa the only one who deserves unlimited surveillance. The overall approach, let me add, is nothing less than proper cosmic walk-through from ..kang & kudos.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:40 am 

bob r wrote:
does't anyone quote a truely intelligent (yet offensive!) animation series like Duckman?(esp. with the involvement of Frank and other family!) We really enjoyed drawn together as well, I could have picked up on the Apu quote as we do enjoy the Simpsons as well, the number of people who could pick up on South Park quotes is as limited as the number of people who watch it. But to each their own. Laugh on!

I happen to be an oldstur who watchs and gets South Park...that being said anyone under 35 can qoute that show chapter and verse, I am not sure why you think its has a limited viewing audiance?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:01 am 

The fact that younger viewers can quote South Park verbatum is not surprising, while I think to each their own as far as taste you must admit the majority of humor on South Park is fairly juvinile in nature when compared to other animation(i.e; Duckman (with Frank's music AND Ahmet as Ajax), drawn together, simpsons,liquid t.v.(does anyone remember Dog Boy?), all fairly cutting edge, even that cut out animation gets old fast. Just sayin' Bob R

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:48 am 

Well, I hate to prick your balloon there:
Melanie didn't, but you did try to speak on behalf of all women, Bob.
Quote:
No wonder more women don't post here with comments like that. Why don't you start a "womens hater club"? (worked for Moe, Larry, and Curly!) At least Frank gave equal time to offending BOTH sexes!

Of course the reason why people don't post here very much anymore is the mad tantrums by about three forumers who ruin it for the rest of us with childish behaviour. Along with most of the females, a lot of the more pleasant members have since migrated to other places.

While the series were never too fun for me to start with (except perhaps for a handful episodes) and has gone downhill very very badly since Kenny's departure, the South Park movie: Bigger, Longer and Uncut is a little miracle of satire. It mocks itself and everything and everyone that could possibly be offended by it.

Duckman went downhill in season 4, so the plug was pulled in time, but it's a show I much enjoy. In The Netherlands it doesn't have such a form of popularity simply because the text is said WAY too fast to subtitle, or to understand by ear. But I love them and I definitely have quoted the show, both here and elsewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:58 am 

bob r wrote:

The only offensive thing I've read in this thread is opinion that Drawn Together is a "truely intelligent" (sic) show. Underneath its crude surface, South Park is a very smartly written show, whereas Drawn Together is one of the most desperate attempts at edgy humor I've ever seen on TV.

And how anyone could possibly take Hikers' post as anything but a joke is beyond me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:09 am 

bob r wrote:
The fact that younger viewers can quote South Park verbatum is not surprising, while I think to each their own as far as taste you must admit the majority of humor on South Park is fairly juvinile in nature when compared to other animation(i.e; Duckman (with Frank's music AND Ahmet as Ajax), drawn together, simpsons,liquid t.v.(does anyone remember Dog Boy?), all fairly cutting edge, even that cut out animation gets old fast. Just sayin' Bob R

I do not think you have understood the satirical and the political comedic nature of this show, like George Carlin the writters make fun of everyone and everything so there is something for everyone to feel offended about, very equal opportunity oriented...I will point to one perticular episiod that concerned the 2004 election and PETA, "Douchebag versus shit sandwich", find this on-line watch it if you get it come back and let us know what you think...it's classic and spot on!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:29 am 

I find it a little odd that somebody that was truly offended by South Park would be an unabashed Zappa fan. Frank pushed alot of the same buttons that South Park does in his humor. I'm almost as old as Plook and I also think it's one of the smartest shows on tv. An equal opportunity offender. Conservatives and liberals are equally ridiculed (hilariously and appropriately imo). There's also usually a nice moral at the end that makes a balanced, common sense point to whatever issue they're addressing. To each their own though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:50 am 

KillUgly's Paradise wrote:
I find it a little odd that somebody that was truly offended by South Park would be an unabashed Zappa fan. Frank pushed alot of the same buttons that South Park does in his humor. I'm almost as old as Plook and I also think it's one of the smartest shows on tv. An equal opportunity offender. Conservatives and liberals are equally ridiculed (hilariously and appropriately imo). There's also usually a nice moral at the end that makes a balanced, common sense point to whatever issue they're addressing. To each their own though.

I think most of the people who dismiss South Park as juvenile and stupid haven't watched an episode in the past 8 years or so. I'll definitely admit that the early seasons don't hold up very well, but I think the show has formed into a great satire over the years. It's one of the few shows on TV that I still bother watching. Can't say the same for The Simpsons.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:10 am 

Psychic John Edwards as winner of the "Douche of the Universe' is one of my favorites. But then there's the NAMBLA, the Scientology and the trips to Canada episodes. I'll admit that I couldn't stand the show at first. The awful animation and the chalkboard-screeching voices made it difficult to see the underlying quality of the satire and scathing social commentary. In fact, I hadn't watched an entire episode until my wife had rented the movie for us against my (not so) better judgement.

Oh yeah, Duckman rules!

Miasma!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:30 am 

Personally I am not offended by anything on T.V.besides shithead right wing fucks like O'Reilly, as I said before not being fans of S.P. we didn't recognize the quote.Some of the hate-filled rants on this site deserve being called out but this wasn't one of them The bottom line is that I don't think less of anyone for what they choose to rot their brains to, we watch a lot of shows a lot of other people woudn't bother with. Perhaps South Park is better than what we saw early on(Mr. Hanky?Puleeze! Not really offensive,just not that creative or funny.!)but it's what it is. As far as Frank being offensive as I said before he was an equal opportunity insult artist who integrated funniness and social commentary with some of the best music available.Duckman at times prob. offended a lot of folks but the socially redeeming messages were spot on and writing really was well executed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 am 

bob r wrote:
The bottom line is that I don't think less of anyone for what they choose to rot their brains to

Now there's no need to be condescending, sir. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:29 am 

madcow1515 wrote:
bob r wrote:
The bottom line is that I don't think less of anyone for what they choose to rot their brains to

Now there's no need to be condescending, sir. :wink:

Maybe that explains why I have lost my ability to think and reason... :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:00 pm 

And spell.... :mrgreen:

Miasma!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:44 pm 

http://www.southpark.de/alleEpisoden/?lang=en

so, the comic roomer, cube or whatever, must now wait until further ado. Na, nae, noo, cosmic strip of Avon. Me is already shaken with the beerows. Have some clues tokken. Dim now the flood-lights and a hocus-pocus, a discus or sumning. Where the worst-vile goggles ...and ships :?: .... flotillas of flying pots o' fries. So perph, with a vinegar and sketchoop, whahaha. Leul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:33 pm 

OK who let the cat in...it crapped in this thread again... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:02 am 

Subtitles please, Mr. Sabretooph.

I know not which of what you speak. :?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:06 am 

There is a row of numbers, showing all 14 series. Then click on one of these and some thumbnails will appear, each releasing the full episode. But don't ask me what that language is. .. let me one more try the link.

N.B.: no issues here, no dish weashing to carry me somewhattskees. :arrow: la'er then, ciau.

..it cannot be that difficult, a flying wish, femaliens and a capable 4roomer, I mince.

So or similar, after the first few minutes the language isn't an options no more. Learned decent brite-ish-esque in the sublurbs of SE-London, spell-bouncing, tellingya.

Edit: more pebbles to roll out of your way?

Last edited by Sabretoophairy on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:30 am 

Thanks for clearing things up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:11 pm 

ya-ney-claro, nae problemo, eh ... what is he loik, clearances please. The beagle's about t' lend me a holiday fare to the Galapagogos. ....the very Charly Dolphin, and revolution on dryad continu-oomph. Btb, has someone watched? do so on the next free day; maybe.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:45 pm 

Plook wrote:

This post was made by Sabretoophairy who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:47 pm 

Darn Accordions wrote:
Plook wrote:

This post was made by Sabretoophairy who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Sabrecrapairy is on my shit list... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:24 pm 

Plook wrote:
I think she was smelling what I was smelling last time I saw ZPZ, there was...how shall I say this???...an undeniable energy between DZ and SG at the show, if you know what I mean!
MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
What an asshole! You're spreading rumors about why someone's family is falling apart.

Fuck you.
Sabretoophairy wrote:
http://www.southpark.de/alleEpisoden/?lang=en

so, the comic roomer, cube or whatever, must now wait until further ado. Na, nae, noo, cosmic strip of Avon. Me is already shaken with the beerows. Have some clues tokken. Dim now the flood-lights and a hocus-pocus, a discus or sumning. Where the worst-vile goggles ...and ships :?: .... flotillas of flying pots o' fries. So perph, with a vinegar and sketchoop, whahaha. Leul
Plook wrote:

now, who's the crapper around here...
Plook wrote:
there was...how shall I say this???...an undeniable energy between DZ and SG at the show, if you know what I mean!

jeez... :evil:

and I agree with MentalTossFlycoon; Fuck You.