Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:01 pm 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
i won't try asking nobody anymore to choose between worse, worst and wot. Rob mules ..without knowing ..anything no more.

...and with just one prime performance you could ...please, put this into a saying

superpossibility, fantasy, we make magic sparking-glistening, we decide what's going to happen, surprises extra and no charge, and where is that drat cosmic crew..

HyFlyRadio alongside chap

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:39 pm 

Plook wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
That's a load of crap she sucks as does her music my god man.... what other trite commercial bull shit do you waist your time listening to?

Wow I think we struck a cord, thou protestith to much...I believe we have a closeted Gaga, who most likely fits out in full Gaga gear and lips sincs in the mirror...not that there is anything wrong with it, but typically those who yell the loudest are the deepest in the closet. Come now Bravo we except your inner Gaga, were Zappa fans anything goes... :wink:

BTW I have the corner on the Crapdetector... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:00 am 

Hey knock your self out, but I find it hard to understand musical taste that ranges from Big Swifty on one hand and ANY lady gag on the other. Go find cold blood sisyphus and listen to Lydia sing, to many people. Now that is a phenomena!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:04 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Hey knock your self out, but I find it hard to understand musical taste that ranges from Big Swifty on one hand and ANY lady gag on the other. Go find cold blood sisyphus and listen to Lydia sing, to many people. Now that is a phenomena!!

Hey there is a lot to be said about the versatility of music, I don't like everything and I am no fan of lady Gaga, I just noticed that she has talent, she draged her equipment around all through college and beyond, worked hard some producer saw her said "hey can you play this" "will you wear that" and presto chango we have Lady Gaga. I saw her play several songs on TV and she did an American Classic and she showed range and skill, you can't deny that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:48 am 

My ears are bleeding just thinking about that crap, let's just say she ain't Nora Jones

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:26 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
My ears are bleeding just thinking about that crap, let's just say she ain't Nora Jones

How about Katty Perry?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:35 am 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
or crickets and frogs, lovely.

better than zombies on stage ....shouting to zuper monstrosities. ..well, almost. In fact is there nowadays no alternative. We are inner ear pierced, so to roar.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:50 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Musical taste goes beyond the notes or how complicated or how simple or how commercial or how obscure it is. Richard Thompson was demonstrating this a while back by covering a Britney Spears song in his shows, "Oops! I Did It Again" (I think you can find it on cd too). If you didn't know what he was doing you'd just go "Oh, it's Richard Thompson". I also remember John Hiatt on tv demonstrating that Prince's Purple Rain is really just kind of a country & western song when you get right down to it. Tone, personality, attitude, eyebrows, costumery, etc. all play a role in how any music is perceived.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:53 am 

I agree and I perceive Lady Gag as musical trash!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:32 pm 

When somewhere something was doodling on the radio and it was by Lady Gaga, I always thought it was Madonna. Same shit.

Th.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:09 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I agree and I perceive Lady Gag as musical trash!

Fair enough.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:49 am 

She looks to me like the kind of lady you could stand on her head and then ride her like a bicycle !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:23 pm 

Shaggy Shagarillo wrote:
She looks to me like the kind of lady you could stand on her head and then ride her like a bicycle !

With Leather... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:49 pm 

After we get done arguing about taste in music, let's argue about taste in food. Anybody who doesn't like green bean pudding sucks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:18 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
After we get done arguing about taste in music, let's argue about taste in food. Anybody who doesn't like green bean pudding sucks!

How about Goats check... :?:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:02 pm 

Plook wrote:
Shaggy Shagarillo wrote:

With Leather... :mrgreen:

I forgot to remind you all to put the kickstand down when your finished.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:41 pm 

why me ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:17 pm 

Plook wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

How about Goats check... :?:

Sure, whatever that is!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:47 pm 

Lady Gaga is good at crying while announcing her next musical move....usually while claiming that "It's all for you....my dear fans..." in a way that sounds like something some fake,joke of a starlet in some cheezy 1950's movie might say! Yes,I'm sure Frank Zappa would get a laugh out of her. I just wonder who writes her speeches,and who guides her actions? It's all sickeningly transparent that she's desperate to please....and she's found some nitch-market(moody teenagers who feel disenfrachised with what they see as the "norm").

I hope no one here is saying she is anything like the early Mothers?! Since they appealed to the "freak" element too. As far as I could tell Frank and The Mothers were just "outsiders" naturally,....and certainly also intellectual outsiders,....not some transparent cash in flavor-of-the-day like GaGa.

Lady Gaga can sing and follow orders,....I'm sure she can do anything her "owners"...ooops,I mean "managers"..... tell her to do too. Ugh!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:17 am 

Sometimes I wonder if it's hatred, jealousy, or just plane sour grapes...you people need to have more fun and relax a little... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:22 am 

The on!y people i eg envy infinitely are those three mephinks comicnauts, eh janitors aboard the International Space Station, ya due to the raving fact that no laboratories can be maintained in lack of rockets. It might be that giga giggle and a few left-over experts are in this case provoking, like an idol can and should etc. But I have seen through them all, when the spotlight is wandering somewhere else they keep on doing the same bugger-all from the unfatho- and abominable masses. The planet is so good as goneskie.

Dunno why, i seem to cannot find any positive in all what is going wr-on-g. --Perry Odd

And ow, it's long ago already that we could do something about it. ....still though is me not capable of emulating their absolute nonsense. When considering all infos do i begin shivering. No matter what will become of man-so-kind, i am not interested in the least any more!... now see me and make me smile...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:48 pm 

ex plane dat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:57 pm 

Flea wrote:
last night i went on a Lady gaga concert with my girlfriend.
convince me how frank isnt rolling in his grave because of that :mrgreen:

You don't need the story ... might as well tell us that yes, you did get laid afterwards! ... and then we understand the story better!

Well to be honest with you, I took Ingrid to see "The Wall" ... and if she wasn't into Pink Floyd as much as I wasn't into Rickie Lee Jones that she was ... but we didn't have that competition thing for those years ... although I did pass up a chance to see another one of her favorites at the time, which was Bonnie Raitt ... so, I would say, this many years later, that those tastes were actually very commendable and nice ... I still listen to Rickie Lee Jones ... I wonder if she does?