Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:50 am 

I never knew this, but thanks to Jon Leidecker's podcast, "Variations #6", I found out!
On the track "Diva", there's a sample that sounds like a baby's laugh. It's really Pam as Suzie Creamcheese saying, "Bizzare!" from the "Uncle Meat" album!
Blew my mind!
Here's the link to the podcast; part 6 of a history of 'collage':
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:10 pm 

vince_de_wild wrote:
I never knew this, but thanks to Jon Leidecker's podcast, "Variations #6", I found out!
On the track "Diva", there's a sample that sounds like a baby's laugh. It's really Pam as Suzie Creamcheese saying, "Bizzare!" from the "Uncle Meat" album!
Blew my mind!
Here's the link to the podcast; part 6 of a history of 'collage':
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial

Sometimes I think that Americans have a hard time knowing and understanding how much Frank Zappa meant to their music and comprehension of music ... while it may seem a bizarre bit, in the end, it was the "attitude" and "expression" that helped a lot of European music ... that paid a lot of compliments to Frank and his work ... that are totally wasted and never appreciated. America doesn't know/discuss art ... only fame and fortune and top ten ... and it be damned that before you and I die, that his work will be appreciated for that alone ... because all that is being released is the rock fan stuff ... and the point and understanding of what the whole music, idea, and freedom and concept was all about? ... it's almost like it never existed in America ... and discussing some of these things here is nice, because some of you guys were there and KNOW ... but I'm not seeing it being done anywhere else ... specially bizarre places that discuss "progressive music" ... and don't even know or understand what it really means! Frank was more progressive than any of those people can ever accept or dream!