Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:19 am 

It has just been announced on their website.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:28 am 

Gwonam wrote:
i never been there often, i am more a http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/ user 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:50 am 

Zut_boF wrote:
Gwonam wrote:
i never been there often, i am more a http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/ user 8)

Well, you´re missing a lot. Well, i´ve read anything on donlope/fz, and the mixes on kill ugly radio were the shit and they once had the friday boots.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:54 am 

Pity - I liked the site.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:08 pm 

i am surfing it...

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:12 am 

I guess that made Isaac's day.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:40 pm 

Trendy is pleased.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:46 am 

When they shut down the Friday Boots they shot themselves in the foot, and shot the fan community in the lower abdomen.

Now the only way to acquire the unofficial live recordings - which are absolutely vital to Zappa scholarship interms of finding out "what really happened" and "what certain bands really sounded like" -is to:-
(a) pay exorbitant prices charged by bootleg labels ,
(b) find some way of penetrating the closed circle of "tape" (i.e disc) traders [impossible for 99% of the FZ-loving population], and, when you've done that
(c) join the Zappateers, which necessitates spending money on torrent downloading-software [which is both a rip-off, and impossible for those of us who, for sound personal-security reasons, choose not to own a PC.

All the moral arguments against bootlegging are false - because they assume that it is within everyone's right to claim remuneration from the reproduction of so-called "intellectual property" (which does not even exist - see my previous rants for the rest of this theory).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:15 am 

cyst-array wrote:
join the Zappateers, which necessitates spending money on torrent downloading-software [which is both a rip-off, and impossible for those of us who, for sound personal-security reasons, choose not to own a PC.

Torrent downloading software is available free.
Those who don't want to download can use the vine system. (that'll cost you a stamp or two)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:28 pm 

jamesE wrote:
cyst-array wrote:
join the Zappateers, which necessitates spending money on torrent downloading-software [which is both a rip-off, and impossible for those of us who, for sound personal-security reasons, choose not to own a PC.

Those who don't want to download can use the vine system. (that'll cost you a stamp or two)

That's true. uTorrent is free, and Zappateers is free. Never cost me a cent (except for blank CD's to burn the concerts).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:51 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
jamesE wrote:
cyst-array wrote:

(...) Zappateers is free. Never cost me a cent (except for blank CD's to burn the concerts).

Maybe it is time to consider a donation
:D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:35 pm 

Holy fucking shit!! cyst-array is the dumbest mother fucker on the planet!! It's 2011 and this shitdick thinks torrent software costs money. fuckin' dummy.

hahahhah h hah ha hah hha ha haaaa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:38 pm 

cyst-array wrote:
for those of us who, for sound personal-security reasons, choose not to own a PC.

Where are you posting from if you don't own a PC? Are you at the library with all the pedophiles?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:15 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
cyst-array wrote:
for those of us who, for sound personal-security reasons, choose not to own a PC.

Where are you posting from if you don't own a PC? Are you at the library with all the pedophiles?

Classic!!!!!!!! Pack It In!!!!!!! Close this thread now!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:20 am 

just plain doug wrote:
jamesE wrote:
cyst-array wrote:

That's true. uTorrent is free, and Zappateers is free. Never cost me a cent (except for blank CD's to burn the concerts).

But most downloads are via Rapidshare or Filesonic - where you get only a very small amount of megabyte space - certainly not a CD's worth - to download for free (as a "sample" or "daily ration").

And after that you have to download software and pay a subscription for the use of the service.

Ripoff, ripoff, rip-fucking-OFF!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:05 am 

cyst-array wrote:
But most downloads are via Rapidshare or Filesonic - where you get only a very small amount of megabyte space - certainly not a CD's worth - to download for free (as a "sample" or "daily ration").

And after that you have to download software and pay a subscription for the use of the service.

I kinda like you, Sister - the way you shake off those insults from that JP punk like so much dandruff 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:17 pm 

cyst-array wrote:

You're very uninformed. If you had to pay for every download site out there, the RIAA wouldn't consider it a problem because there would be a very small percentage of file sharing than there is now. I wouldn't consider it a low number to say there's at least 300 free sites out there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:22 pm 

Well why not chat about iBTJUNKIE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:38 am 

cyst-array wrote:

You continue being wrong, I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:46 pm 

It was a pretty good site as long as the owner didn't post...but the negativity displayed whenever something new from the ZFT was announced was pathetic. They loved to rain on the parade....before the parade began.