Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Zappa plays Zappa
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:43 pm 

What's Zappa Plays Zappa playiong right now??! I heard They had the project of playing the whole "Apostrophe" album!!! Pretty cool, I wanna see that!!!

Post subject: Re: Zappa plays Zappa
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:09 am 

LeoMilani wrote:
What's Zappa Plays Zappa playing right now??! I heard they had the project of playing the whole "Apostrophe" album!!! Pretty cool, I wanna see that!!!

http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/events

"Remarkable in detail and interview, an unexpected and invaluable look at a such an important and ill-fated moment in Frank's career."

www.idiotbastard.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:13 pm 

You're a little late with the full Apostrophe... sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:26 am 

BBP wrote:
You're a little late with the full Apostrophe... sorry.

"I'm really looking forward to this upcoming [UK] tour, especially on the heels of the Roundhouse Zappa festival. That was such a great experience. We'll be playing the entire Apostrophe album on tour and that really is a lot of fun." - DZ

Taken from this page: http://www.cmpentertainment.com/index.php?action=display_artist&artist_id=385&archive=0

"Remarkable in detail and interview, an unexpected and invaluable look at a such an important and ill-fated moment in Frank's career."

www.idiotbastard.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:58 am 

The Idiot Bastard wrote:
"I'm really looking forward to this upcoming [UK] tour, especially on the heels of the Roundhouse Zappa festival. That was such a great experience. We'll be playing the entire Apostrophe album on tour and that really is a lot of fun." - DZ

Not trying to rain on the parade, but I'm pretty sure they took some old info from 2010's UK tour and mashed it with this year's dates. See paragraph #2...

http://www.zappa.com/zpz/tourlog/index.php

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:52 pm 

Dweezil's working with Schenkel again --

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:44 am 

Zappa Plays Zappa have mysteriously disappeared from this here site recently: http://www.zappaplayszappa.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:41 am 

Thinman wrote:
Zappa Plays Zappa have mysteriously disappeared from this here site recently: http://www.zappaplayszappa.com/

Ya I noticed that it loops back, whats up?

:smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:31 pm 

Dweezil finally wanted to put his first name in didn't he? How long has the band been called Dweezil Zappa Plays Zappa now? Is www.dweezilzappaplayszappa.com in use now?
(I believe shorter is better for band names. It's like The Beatles or The Rolling Stones, where you want to throw that useless article in the nearest recycle bin. Red Hot Chili Peppers, usually referred to as RHCP or plain Peppers? What was Arthur Brown's band called again, I keep forgetting?)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:18 am 

He can't call it dweezilzappaplayszappa.com because some scumbag has bought that domain name. There are these tossers out there who have nothing better to do than buy up potentially useful domain names so that they can charge extra for them. This happened to me once and I just went without rather than pay up to the slime ball. There should be a law against purchasing domain names that don't end up being active sites.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:43 am 

It depends to whom it happens, I suppose. Do you recall our good ol' forum member Sebastiaan, who got a girlfriend and was last seen by yours truly at ZPZ Amsterdam 2006? He was in a band called De Zingende Fresia's, and when the Internet was all fresh and a lot of people (Dweezil, for one) were thinking it wasn't going anywhere, his band bought the pinkpop.nl domain. Pinkpop was the biggest pop music festival in NL of the day. Pinkpop weren't amused and eventually De Zingende Fresia's had to relinquish that address. Of course, they actually used that domain for their site.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:52 pm 

polydigm wrote:
He can't call it dweezilzappaplayszappa.com because some scumbag has bought that domain name. There are these tossers out there who have nothing better to do than buy up potentially useful domain names so that they can charge extra for them. This happened to me once and I just went without rather than pay up to the slime ball. There should be a law against purchasing domain names that don't end up being active sites.

BBP wrote:
It depends to whom it happens, I suppose. Do you recall our good ol' forum member Sebastiaan, who got a girlfriend and was last seen by yours truly at ZPZ Amsterdam 2006? He was in a band called De Zingende Fresia's, and when the Internet was all fresh and a lot of people (Dweezil, for one) were thinking it wasn't going anywhere, his band bought the pinkpop.nl domain. Pinkpop was the biggest pop music festival in NL of the day. Pinkpop weren't amused and eventually De Zingende Fresia's had to relinquish that address. Of course, they actually used that domain for their site.

Over here some people use phone #number's the same way.Like say if your number happends to spell Wal-Mart or some combination like that,they will call you and ask you to "sell" them your number.So some slimeballs have taken up all the numbers that are close to anything marketable.That makes the rest of us having to get new area codes and or numbers.We are rapidly growing out of a 7 digit local numbers scheme so that neccesitates a change in area codes to keep up.(area codes are becoming smaller and smaller) Population growth has some effect,but my money's on the above reason.