Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 119  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:34 pm 

:smurf: blue with envy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:30 am 

Made it to San Diego traffic was off the chain the whole way (600 miles) got here late evening missed my audit in Santa ana have to make it up tomorrow... :|

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:07 am 

Why you no fly?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:36 pm 

Most times I have audits that I can do on the way in or out, usually the traffic isn't that heavy... :?

I kicked ass today did (1) audit at Verizon and (8) at T-Mobile, I cooked!... :!:

Head to Long Beach tomorrow need to do some audits on the way there... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:02 pm 

Dear Santa

I want, I mean Mrs Plook wants a private jet for christmas

thank you in advance

Plook xxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:56 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
Dear Santa

I want, I mean Mrs Plook wants a private jet for christmas

thank you in advance

Plook xxxxxxx

Yes I will put in a requi with HQ for a jetstream... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:12 pm 

Plook wrote:
Holy crap Mrs.Plook is getting back to her super woman self and she has me going non stop, she isn't even letting me have time for getting on the website, as a matter of fact I better dodge out of here before she catches me...headed to LA in the morning for two weeks, going to Roxy show with the Daughter Plook the Elder and coevad, I am totally stoked!!!

:smoke:

I may be going with two others besides you Plook. I didn't know you were going w/ family. Maybe we should just meet there.
We always park directly across the street from the Roxy(down the hill a bit; 5-10 dollar parking). Drink a few beers. Head to the Rainbow for one more and a bladder drain. Then get in line about an hour before doors, which is 7pm. Five years ago I ran into Ray White on his sushi run @ around 6pm. He signed my ticket.
Talk to ya soon, brother.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:13 pm 

coevad wrote:
Plook wrote:
Holy crap Mrs.Plook is getting back to her super woman self and she has me going non stop, she isn't even letting me have time for getting on the website, as a matter of fact I better dodge out of here before she catches me...headed to LA in the morning for two weeks, going to Roxy show with the Daughter Plook the Elder and coevad, I am totally stoked!!!

I may be going with two others besides you Plook. I didn't know you were going w/ family. Maybe we should just meet there.
We always park directly across the street from the Roxy(down the hill a bit; 5-10 dollar parking). Drink a few beers. Head to the Rainbow for one more and a bladder drain. Then get in line about an hour before doors, which is 7pm. Five years ago I ran into Ray White on his sushi run @ around 6pm. He signed my ticket.
Talk to ya soon, brother.

Just got to Long Beach I will give you a call soon, need to settle in... :arrow:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:22 pm 

Went to Riverside today, little bit of a drive made it back fine... :)

2 days to go until the Roxy show... :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:18 am 

I day to go for Roxy show!!!... :!: ... :idea: ... :arrow: ... :shock: ... :o ... :wink: ... :smurf: ... 8) ... :lol: ... :) ... :D ... :mrgreen: ... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:29 am 

At present it would appear that Plook should change his name to "Riley".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:32 pm 

Today is the day, meeting coevad at the Roxy, if anyone else just look for the guy with Movie Star hair... :mrgreen:

Now the big question :? ...to shave or not to shave, I did not shave in November for mens health awareness month and I am packing a pretty good beard along side my goetee, its pretty grey so I am really looking like TMIMITW... :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:33 pm 

Plook wrote:
Today is the day, meeting coevad at the Roxy, if anyone else just look for the guy with Movie Star hair... :mrgreen:

Now the big question :? ...to shave or not to shave, I did not shave in November for mens health awareness month and I am packing a pretty good beard along side my goetee, its pretty grey so I am really looking like TMIMITW... :shock:

I'd say let it grow some moora, down to the floora, Dora! Have a great time Plook! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:37 pm 

Enjoy the show, Plook!

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:38 pm 

I thought I had rock star hair?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:44 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Enjoy the show, Plook!

Hey Bro I will, it was 1 year ago tomorrow we saw ZPZ in Madison WI...wow time flies... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:50 pm 

Plook wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Enjoy the show, Plook!

Hey Bro I will, it was 1 year ago tomorrow we saw ZPZ in Madison WI...wow time flies... :smoke:

WOW! Indeed it does!

BTW, I shared a goofy-ass "blast from the past" track today over on the Facebook page that you might get a kick out of. Listen to Turan go "off the deep end" in this one: https://soundcloud.com/ebbandflow-1/deja-voo-doo-boulevard-cafe-7

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:23 pm 

I shoulda' asked Plook or coevad to leave their phones on so I could listen to the show to the show for free!...once.* It'll be on youtube quick enough, I just hope in the excitement of getting it published that those posting don't throw away quality for speed.
Plook only has eye's for Sheila!... :mrgreen: He's Italian, he can't help it. Mama mia, that's a spicy le MIMITW kinda' guy! :wink:

I emailed The Roxy Box office last week and said if the bearer isn't there (me) by showtime on 12/9 give it to the poorest broke bloke that's a ZappaFreak who's waiting for a miracle. If you know the Rox there's a cue for any no show-will call tix leftover. :D :cry: 8)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:57 pm 

I didn't run into Plook until halfway through the R&E album. He was right in front of Scheila. I got about two heads behind him, and then got his attention after a song. It sure was packed. SRO. No little seats in front of the stage like 5 years ago.

Hey Plook, was it loud enough for ya bro? And, you were 'front row camera guy crack'.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:13 pm 

What a show!!! :!: A lot of standing and waiting...my knees and feet were killing me by the end but it was worth it... :)

Met up with Ben before the show and chatted...talked with many super cool Zappa fans while waiting in line and for the show.. 8)

Met up with coevad during the show, he seemed to be enjoying himself...just couldn't get to see Packard Goose (I've seen it performed at least 3 times)... :wink:

The Daughter Plook the Elder thought the show was great we were against the stage in front of Ben and Sheila, she was blown away by Sheila's performance. You know your close when the spit is hitting you... :lol:

Ben has really grown as a singer of Zappa and a performer, his musicianship has surpassed merely being competent, he is very good. He has reached the point where he owns the front man spot, he could be in any of Franks bands I am sure... :idea:

We had a special treat last night, Deweezil brought the Hendrix guitar that he has never played in a concert before, as he describes it...they set it up exactly as it was when Frank used it to record Watermelon in Easter Hay and proceeded to play the masterpiece... :D

Sorry Kap I did not see your message until after the show, you would have loved it...I told Ben we would see them in Sac in February... :arrow:

I will give more details later... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:46 am 

I must say this trip for me has been incredibly productive, while I normally work a lot while on the road, I have been working literally this whole trip. Aside from the concert and going to the beach with my daughter on Sunday, I have almost worked every other waking moment... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:22 pm 

Plook wrote:
I must say this trip for me has been incredibly productive, while I normally work a lot while on the road, I have been working literally this whole trip. Aside from the concert and going to the beach with my daughter on Sunday, I have almost worked every other waking moment... :smoke:

Well it was great to be part of your tour Plook. Very nice meeting your daughter as well. They've added a House Of Blues Anaheim show for Saturday, February 8th 2014. There's another one up past LA on the 7th. I'll most likely be at the HOB show as I have never missed the band there(5). And it's only $50 after fees. SRO downstairs, but they have upper seats for more$. C'mon down and work some more.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:00 pm 

coevad wrote:
Plook wrote:

Well it was great to be part of your tour Plook. Very nice meeting your daughter as well. They've added a House Of Blues Anaheim show for Saturday, February 8th 2014. There's another one up past LA on the 7th. I'll most likely be at the HOB show as I have never missed the band there(5). And it's only $50 after fees. SRO downstairs, but they have upper seats for more$. C'mon down and work some more.

If you can come to the Sac for the Feb.4th show, you have a place to stay...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:19 pm 

Tempting. I would love to travel up north.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:27 pm 

I was difficult to take photos with the full house crowd. I only caught a few the first night.
The second night was less crowded. Fair to good results.

http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/photos/2056020

http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/photos/2065386

more to come from show#2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 119  Next