Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 157  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:07 pm 

ReetyAwrighty wrote:
Plook wrote:
I have told all who visit about how supportive everyone has been, they are amazed that FZ fans are so normal..lol..
Plook, us FZ fans have been called a lot of things but that's the first time I've ever heard ANYONE describe us as normal! :lol:

It's good to know that you have a close family that watches out for each other. I know from my own experience what a huge help that is. Hoping for the best for all of you.

We aren't "normal" we're extraordinary and proud of it! We are part of Plook's bigger family circle and always will be from now on!
ZappaFreaks are the best...and a little ugly too! :wink: :mrgreen:

I've been thinking about her change in temperament. It sounds like she's not getting enough nutrients (the right ones) to her brain. It could be that simple. The doc's always look for the hardest solution and not the easy one that's right there in front of them. Call in a nutritionist! They're supposed to be working together anyway. I don't believe it's the tumor at all. Her connections need repair. If she can't eat a lot, they can give her minerals and nutrients though the tube while she works on eating better. It helps flush out the poisons from the drugs. I'd look into it. :idea:
Thanks for the update. Are you back on line now bro'? Keep us posted and give her and all the plooks my and our best! :wink: We love y'all! :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:17 pm 

Mrs.Plook seems to be healing, a little checked out but they may be because her body is using all her resources to fight the fight.

I may have mentioned before that I had her watch Rocky and told her she was Rocky and her illness was who she would have to beat. Not unlike a rocky moving she was getting her ass kicked for 10 rounds and is now battling back and will win the fight with a 15th round knock out with seconds to go...

Thank you all for caring...it is greatly appreciated...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:20 pm 

I believe she'll win in the 13th round. Her opponent won't make it out of the corner for the 14th. A TKO for Mrs. Plook! You go girrrl! :)

The bestest vibes coming her way! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:17 pm 

Plook wrote:
Mrs.Plook seems to be healing, a little checked out but they may be because her body is using all her resources to fight the fight.

I may have mentioned before that I had her watch Rocky and told her she was Rocky and her illness was who she would have to beat. Not unlike a rocky moving she was getting her ass kicked for 10 rounds and is now battling back and will win the fight with a 15th round knock out with seconds to go...

Thank you all for caring...it is greatly appreciated...

Great analogy, Plook - glad to hear she's healing! 1,000+ positive thoughts sent your way, my friend! :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:35 pm 

Right on, Plook.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:58 am 

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! and theeeen FIGHT SOMEMORE!

Throwing a bunch of jabs, left hooks and king hits your way :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:51 am 

They decided to quarantine Mrs.Plook to check if she may have a Hospital infection, the Nurses say there is no signs of one but when someone has been Hospitalized for 26 days the chances go up.

They need a sample and she has not produced a good one due to changing her bag yesterday and her sleeping most of the day due to having a tough night from Thursday into Friday. They gave her a strong dose of meds afterwards so she did not eat until dinner and not much at that. They did get a sample this morning but it was not optimum in nature, hopefully they can complete the test. Just another thing we pray is negative.

The Oncologist hopes to have a Neurologist physically examine her by Monday or Tuesday, the one she wants to use has been out and I trust Dr.O’s judgment, she is the best.

I went over and feed her this morning, she did not eat much, going back soon, I will check in later.

Thank you all again for backing up the Plook Family, it helps more than you know.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:06 am 

Just keep on keepin' on Plook. When your there she seems to be getting better care all the way around bro'. Good job! Now it's the long hard crawl back to good health. She gotta real hero in you Plook. She's really lucky to have you fighting for her! I'm so glad you got things straightened out with those docs and her treatment. You've given her a fighting chance now. Help her build up her strength, it'll take time, but that's real important now.
We're all rootin' for her! And but also, all the Plooks too! :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:53 pm 

Hate to sound like a broken record, but KK nailed it with "keep on keepin' on". Don't know what else to say. You guys stay in my daily thoughts. You can call them prayers if you want to. All my best to the entire Plook family.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm 

The first test was negative for infection and they called off the quarantine, but over night tested her blood and found an infection there, this may be related to a pick line they put in her arm. They have sculpted an antibiotic for this infection. They have taken her off all narcotics and she now only receives Tylenol for pain.

I took the morning shift, she will not eat for me, my daughters are there now. The doctors came in when I was there one was the doctor who performed her first surgery…I asked what happened in the second surgery to change my wife, he acknowledged that she is not the same person he met.

I asked them to, please consult anyone they can think of since everyone is stumped. I encouraged them to contact a doctor or mentor they worked with that they respect and run it by them to see if they have any thoughts.

I also suggested they contact the Gamma Knife Neurologists and consult with them.

I requested they think outside the box and maybe they could think of the unlikely and check for it.

They seem to be waiting for this Neurologist that the Oncologist recommended as if they are hoping that he will come up with something…everyone is perplexed.

Good news she seems to be healing well from the surgery, I will keep you all posted, thank you all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:29 pm 

Glad to hear that she seems to be healing well from the surgery. Maybe this Neurologist the Oncologist recommended will come up with something? Hang in there Mrs. P.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:50 pm 

They removed and replace her pick line and she slept through it with no pain medication and we were told it is a very painful procedure...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:05 pm 

Thank's Plook, we're all just hopin' and a prayin' everything's gonna be alright bro'. Keep fighting the good fight and ask a lot of questions and demand square answers. The nurses will rally the docs if you can enlist there help.
Man, we love you guys!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:40 am 

I wish Mrs Plook a week of steep recovery... Força, Plook, keep strong.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:27 am 

I'm starting to think something happened during the second surgery the Daughter Plook the Elder and I were reading about post-surgery anesthetic reactions, PSTD from surgery, and some other possibilities.

Apparently there is talk of possibly sending her home like she is, there is no way she is in no condition for that, she right now requires 24 hour care.

I'm getting really worried her recovery has leveled off again...I’m just thinking out loud…

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:44 am 

Topsy/turvy indeed. Hang in there, Plook! It's great to hear that she was able to get through the pick line removal alright. Keep on keepin' on, my friend and I will continue to send positive thoughts towards you guys!

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:09 am 

Don't let them send her home until she's eating right! Is she eating at all yet? See if she can drink Ensure or any of those protein drinks along with meals. It helps build up her strength. Your doing the right thing, go with your gut feelings...they're usually right Plook.
Do not go gently unto that goodnight, rage , rage against the light! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:35 am 

Plook wrote:
I'm starting to think something happened during the second surgery the Daughter Plook the Elder and I were reading about post-surgery anesthetic reactions, PSTD from surgery, and some other possibilities.

Apparently there is talk of possibly sending her home like she is, there is no way she is in no condition for that, she right now requires 24 hour care.

I'm getting really worried her recovery has leveled off again...I’m just thinking out loud…

As somebody who's really concerned and who has had a bit of experience (not nearly as bad as yours, I must hasten to add) - it does change a person. It takes quite a bit of time for the person you know and love to come back to being what they were before. I'm really not being pessimistic, but I found I had to learn and adapt to my wife. Hope this doesn't sound awful - it's not meant to be.
Anyway, don't be afraid to think aloud - we're all there for you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:41 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Plook wrote:

As somebody who's really concerned and who has had a bit of experience (not nearly as bad as yours, I must hasten to add) - it does change a person. It takes quite a bit of time for the person you know and love to come back to being what they were before. I'm really not being pessimistic, but I found I had to learn and adapt to my wife. Hope this doesn't sound awful - it's not meant to be.
Anyway, don't be afraid to think aloud - we're all there for you.

I know of what you speak Caputh, but this is different...the best desription of her since the 2nd surgery is similiar to someone who had a bad stroke, something happened during that surgery has made her into an invalid...although today was better, something is not right.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:51 pm 

Sending as much positive energy as I can muster to Mr & Mrs P and the mini P's....Coming up on a Month in the hospital! A draining ordeal for all envolved...Hang in there buddy, I'm sure the MD's, with your continued persistance, will work out whats going on...keep the faith.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:10 pm 

Hang in there , Plook.

I can agree with Cap that the cancer , the surgery invasion and the lack of nutrition , to echo KK , can all contribute to the condition you describe. Although a really hard look at the anesthesia charts would also be in order , but it seems you've done that. But , what she's been through in the past few months would put Ali on the mat. :)

Have you talked to other Docs or gotten other opinions ?
Probably a stupid question but I'm thinking out loud , too.

Wish there was something I could do on this end. Maybe some of us could do some research on her specific cancer in our spare time ?

Let some of us know of anything that would help you guys out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:34 pm 

Good idea Pedro, I'm on board for that. 8)

Just let us know if we can do anything at all Plook. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:46 pm 

I'm working every angle and talking to anyone that would listen, I saw some hope in her today...I have to travel to LA tomorrow for a week, she is stable the Daughters are here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:56 pm 

I made it to So Cal ok, the Daughter Plook the Elder was present when the Neurologist examined Mrs.Plook. One of the first questions he asked was whether something happened during the 2nd surgery…what I have been asking for over a week!

My daughter said that nothing was brought up and that I had asked the same question, his next statement was “ well it would be hard to cover something like that up since so many people are in the room during an operation”…WTH!!!

He said he would review all the documentation from the surgery in detail and look to see if there was an event that occurred that was missed.

He said he had reviewed both High Resolution MRI’s and concurred with the cancer doctors that her Gamma Knife surgery was a fantastic success and her tumors were significantly reduced.

He said that sometimes when someone’s body is subjected to so many traumas, it is like being punched so many times that eventual you get hit a knocked out…In other words her brain checked out and she will need intense rehabilitation to bring her back.

I would prefer that to possible micro stroke, anesthesia malfunction, or some other surgical disaster. At least if she is checked out she can be checked back in, I’m just hoping for the best and to get her back as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:16 pm 

Thinking good thoughts for team Plook today.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 157  Next