Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 148  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:47 pm 

Thanks for the update Plook, she sounds somewhat better today than two days ago as do you. At least now you have an idea of how to treat her. Good news about her tumor being shrunk by the Gamma Knife. I'm hoping the neuro doc doesn't find any major mistakes were made during surgery and she'll be able to safely check back in ASAP. Have the younger Plooks keep her eating and in positive spirits and she'll have a better go at healing herself too. It might be a long, winding, dirt road back, but it does lead back home bro'! Keep the faith and keep on keepin' on. :wink:
Mrs. Plooks in our minds and hearts. We're all rooting for her and all y'all Plooks, all the time!
We love you guys man, and are hoping for the best! :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:20 am 

Thanks all, I will give you updates later...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:27 am 

Thanks for the update, Plook. Yes - that sounds like a great reason for the change you've experienced in Mrs. Plook. It seems likely and I know others on here mentioned that thought before. But if that were the case, it brings *great hope* that she could come back from that type of trauma. Keep on fighting the superb fight you've been fighting and know that we are right here on your side of the ring rooting for you guys!!!

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:33 am 

Plook wrote:
He said that sometimes when someone’s body is subjected to so many traumas, it is like being punched so many times that eventual you get hit a knocked out…In other words her brain checked out and she will need intense rehabilitation to bring her back.

From my experience (which wasn't with my wife's brain, but somewhere equally sensitive) these sound like wise words; it'll probably be hard, definitely much harder than anyone would wish, but keep the teeth gritted and pile on through, my friend.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:13 pm 

Wishing you guys my best today.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:45 pm 

^ Me, too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:50 pm 

Mrs.Plook is at the Rehabilitation Center, the Daughter Plook the Elder said it is very nice and they changed her wound vac and colostomy soon after arrival. She gave them a complete rundown on her situation.

Before they released Mrs.Plook from the Hospital a Patient Advocate came to my daughter and said they will be performing a complete Peer Review of my wife’s case during her stay at the Hospital and that she felt that there were many inconsistency’s that need to be looked into.

I pray that they did not screw up, because that finding will mean all bets are off and I will be showing no mercy.

Thank you all I will keep you posted.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:02 pm 

Thanks for the update Plook. We all worry and care. :wink:

It's good to hear she's in a rehap now and not wasting time in a hospital. It sounds like a faster road to recovery all the way around too. 8)

Lord have mercy if they fucked up... 'cuz nobody else will! :x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:17 am 

Sending a big bunch of good thoughts to the Plooks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:18 am 

Sending a big bunch of good thoughts to the Plooks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:53 am 

Thanks for the update Plook! I'm sure you have precious little spare time. Wishing you guys all the best today.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:09 am 

Best luck to the Plooks.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:02 am 

Thanks, as always, for the update Plook. It sounds like she is in good hands once again. Hopefully these matters will be cleared up soon!

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:58 am 

Thanks all, the Daughter Plook the Elder called last night with some concerns about the rehab place. I believe we have become hyper-critical due to the hospital experience and Mrs.Plook is our most precious loved one, she is our rock and we are like a ship without a rudder without her.

I plan on calling and giving them the speech "we are Plooks hear us roar", because I am cooked when it comes to mistakes and they need fair warning that if they mess up I have very little patients left.

Thanks again it is great to know some many out there give a shit and it is greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:35 pm 

Your concerns at this point are totally understood. They need to have their shit together so Mrs. P can get healed. They don't want the whole Zappa forum coming down on that ass. Thanks again for the update bro! We're behind you all the way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:00 pm 

Plook at the risk of pissing you off, is a move to MD Anderson out of the question?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:51 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Plook at the risk of pissing you off, is a move to MD Anderson out of the question?

I'd think that would be a quality of life issue that only Mrs. Plook could decide. She's not herself right now so...? I guess that makes it a mute point. She has some new tools to fight with and family for support, so it's a little early for that I'd say bro'. imho.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:59 pm 

While I do not want to dwell on this point, I have considered a variety of scenarios in my mind, I will say this Mrs.Plook and I have had several conversations about the possibility of situations we would not want to remain in and we both feel the same about it.

On the flip side I just got off the phone after an hour long call with the head doctor at the facility, I gave her the complete story from before the flood and the come to Jesus speech.

I explained to her while I will give them a chance, we will completely watch the facilities performance and will not hesitate to contact our advocates and remove her to a new facility. I explained that the Daughter Plook the Elder is college educated and will be my eyes and ears on the ground and she was not real impressed so far.

She was wonderful and heard me out went over my wife’s case she was very well versed in what has happened, although she was glad I called to give her additional information. She acknowledged that she would make sure that all our concerns with the facility would be addressed and considered those all correctable problems (that’s a breath of fresh air).

She had no idea how low we considered Mrs.P’s mental status now as compared to normal. I compared her normal state to the character in the movie Erin Brockovich (very accurate), an intelligent, vibrant, funny, a woman who takes over the room when she walks in (even in her diminished state from cancer). That if she is normally is a 10 she is a 2 or maybe a soft 3, maybe a 4 on a good day (yes its that bad), she was very surprised to hear that.

She had no idea how different she is, she also could not believe all the redecorating and remodeling she did while she had the drain in before her surgery, that shocked her. I told if you bring her out of it, you will kick her out of the place because you will not be able to handle her. I think the doctor gets it now.

The Daughter Plook the Elder took advantage of the spacious room and brought many pictures of Mrs.Plook in action, she wants them there for the staff to see who they are looking for in the shell that is in that bed. I just pray Mrs.Plook doesn't remember much of this, my daughters and I think sometimes when she looks at us that she is aware and scared, it is a very hopeless feeling not to be able to help her.

She sounds like she is on case, gets what we are saying, and knows we will be on them like glue. She seems really into what she needs to do and I’m drinking the Kool Aid. She said she will have a talk with my daughter tomorrow at the facility.

I also told her I have a blog on a website that has an international following and that the people are super smart and tech savvy and I would sic them on the facility if they screw up.

Thank you all, it means more than you all could ever imagine how much your support means to us, we feel like we have the Zappa Army backing us and that makes us stronger.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:00 am 

A soft three, poor Mrs P, keep your foot on the gas Team Plook, in some of these places it's easy for the patients to become just another number....I like the "no mercy" approach, the squeeky wheel gets the oil.....Keep it up!

Continued carbon neutral calcium enriched positive thoughts coming from down south

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:00 am 

My thoughts are with all Plooks, for what they are worth. Though I may not post often I've been following your blog here closely and can only wish Mrs Plook and you all the very very best. Positive energy emanating to you from Ireland for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:29 am 

Plook wrote:
I also told her I have a blog on a website that has an international following and that the people are super smart and tech savvy and I would sic them on the facility if they screw up.

:mrgreen:

Plook wrote:
Thank you all, it means more than you all could ever imagine how much your support means to us, we feel like we have the Zappa Army backing us and that makes us stronger.

We're most certainly here for you. I wish we could be there for you! :oops:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:25 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Plook wrote:

:mrgreen:

Plook wrote:

We're most certainly here for you. I wish we could be there for you! :oops:

+1. With one small revision, Kiss has an army, Zappa's got intelligent Zealots! :lol: 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:53 am 

The Kaptian has spoken so it's official we are the Zappa Zealots... :idea: ... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:08 am 

Plook wrote:
The Kaptian has spoken so it's official we are the Zappa Zealots... :idea: ... :wink:

Nice!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:14 am 

May God give you strength and bless Mrs Plook with a continuous recovery...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 148  Next