Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 147  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:07 pm 

Best wishes to Mrs Plook, thinking of you both..................

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:43 pm 

Sending positive vibes to you guys, Plook - keep on keepin' on!

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:48 pm 

Stay positive man.
TT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:58 am 

Mrs.Plook woke up yesterday evening and it looked like the lights were on, she has trouble speaking, but she was answering questions has best she could.

The Doctor wanted to try a mix of anti-psychotic drugs that she has seen success before in patients with this post-surgical trauma, she put her on one for 48 hours and then added the second one, I could tell she was there, I think this doctor knows what she is doing.

Since the come to Jesus meeting the staff has really been stepping and fetching. The gal yesterday would talk to Mrs.P every time she did something and she responded late in the day and the nurse was very excited since she had not responded all day.

They were doing the suction on her airway trying to get the aspirated material out and the respiratory guy was getting very upset because he could not get much out. Late yesterday when she was conscious they were telling her to cough and they got a large amount of material.

He and the nurse were very enthusiastic about it and he turned to me and said “finally”, I spoke with her at length trying to explain what happened, the Daughter Plook the Elder also spoke with her and she seems to remember nothing about anything after the second surgery.

She now seems to realize that she is in a different facility and fighting her way back, she still has a long way to go, but yesterday was very encouraging.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:10 am 

Good news, Plook. The wave of recovery will grow, and grow and she will be surfing home very soon... Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:12 am 

Nice to hear this news, Plook.
Hang in there and be strong.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:14 am 

Thanks for the update, Plook - that is encouraging. One small step... sometimes it takes many small battles to win the war.

Positive Thoughts ------> Plooks :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:06 am 

That's great Plook. Thanks for the update.
It might be a long dusty road that's full of potholes, but it does lead back home. It sounds like Mrs. Plook's now on the right road that leads back home. Never let up until your satisfied that they've done all that can be done...but you knew that already. :wink:
Your doing a bang up job. Here's to a well rounded recovery for Mrs. Plook!
There's no news like good news, so keep on keepin' it on bro'! 8) :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:27 pm 

Fucking awesome!
That's great news and must be such a relief. Way to shame the medicos into doing their job properly too. They need to be reminded that there's people who are loved stuck in their beds, not inconvenient packages.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:33 pm 

Great news, Plook. Keep on fighting, both of you!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:06 pm 

Well Mrs.Plook is stable but still sleeping or out almost all day, she answered a couple questions, but not a big day.

The doctor just can’t understand why she is sleeping or out so much, they want to do the spinal tap to rule out the worst case scenario.

They suctioned a huge amount of crap out of her lungs, I just don’t get it, it is like she has this whole new problem that did not exist when I left, it is wearing me down…

I think I’m losing hope and faith…need to go home and get some sleep...fucking ironic I need sleep and we can't wake up my wife...God is a cruel SOB..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:46 pm 

Make sure to get some rest... We don't want to see you in need of a doctor... Stay strong, pal. Don't give up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:04 pm 

Get some sleep, grab some eats and get your head back in the game man! You can lose hope, faith and charity later. Do what you need to do to stay positive and help Mrs. Plook. From what you say there is no reason to give up any hope. There's every reason for it. Your just tired is all bro'. She needs all y'all Plooks to be there and watch what's going on so they don't fuck up and let her fall back anymore. Y'all have done a great job keeping the docs in a row up till now man. Keep it up. She'll get a second wind and so will you, grab a couple winks you'll both be/feel more rested. Y'all have had the pedal to the metal 24/7, so there's gonna be some highs and lows emotionally ya know.

Can Mrs. Plook drink coffee or tea? Something with caffeine to help her from sleeping maybe? I dunno, just a thought. Getting all that crap outta the lungs should help too. Now she should have more of an oxygen intake. Think outta the box man. Whatever works...works, keep exhausting all the possibilities you can and keep on keepin' it on until fixed. Fragile cargo Mrs. Plook. Don't fold, bend or mutilate that precious cargo. Get a PDR and get the names of all the drugs they've given her. Find out all the side effects and ask the prescribing docs what the fuck is going on. Ah you know that, I'm preaching to the choir again. Well I care, what can I say? Ready to beam the Zappa Zeolots to any docs office on your order Plook.

In all my hospital stays, in the evening, to late night, my mind was more active. During the day I wanted to sleep but couldn't. It wears you out without a good sleep cycle. You get zombie-fried behind your eyes. Take care and take care of Mrs. Plook. All of us are pullin' for y'all. Don't let Mrs. Plook catch that downer vibe or she'll bean ya good when she gets better! :wink: :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:15 am 

Can't say it any better than the Kapt did, but I've been thinking of you guys. Been working 12 hour days, but still sending those positive vibes. Thanks for the updates Plook! Stay strong bro.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:51 pm 

Thanks all trying to get my act together.

We may make a play to have her moved to a new facility, the staff here is good the problem is a management one. These people are trying to do their best but they are understaffed, I can't leave my wife in the hands of an administrative group that would put the patients at risk for money.

The Bean Counters strike again…

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:43 pm 

Of course, the swankier the rehab facility, the better it's going to look from the outside. Some of the low rent places appear to be appalling. But it really comes down to the individuals involved in the day to day care. The best you can do, as you know, is be there as often as you can be, keeping an eye on everything. Doctors, nurses, CNA's and particularly management need to be reminded that people are not product.

And if something went wrong during surgery then someone is accountable. Keep your spirit strong, bro. We're all with you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:11 pm 

Plook , I read this thread every day I can only imagine ( from very informative posts here ) the pain and helplessness you and the Plook clan are going through. You have my deepest sympathy :cry:

On the bright side , this thread would make a great coffee table book when she get's home :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:51 pm 

Best to ya Plook and family...I don't get on here much anymore but thinking positive thoughts for you and the wife

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:19 pm 

Plook wrote:
Thanks all trying to get my act together.

We may make a play to have her moved to a new facility

Hire a private nurse to stay with her when you can't maybe? It's a lot a dough, maybe insurance would cover something like that though. She/he could act as an advocate and be able to coordinate or augment staff. Just thinkin' out loud. Those facilities vary widely, make sure and check it all out. They can be real deceiving at the front desk. You know that.
Keep da faith bro'. :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:35 pm 

Do what you think is best, Plook! Sometimes you can lose your own mind when you have so much advice pouring in (well intentioned as it all is). I'm sure you will.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:40 pm 

Ok I reset myself, I took yesterday off started the day out just totally depressed, I must admit it was pathetic. Then I decided to go do some stuff and on a whim I went to the mall and bought some CD’s to listen to while driving, went shopping, and did some other errands.

The Daughter Plook the Elder and I had a nice dinner took care of the bill’s started cracking on figuring out all the medical bills also. We discussed moving Mrs.Plook and we know it will take time to figure out where, also she is in no condition for it.

Got to bed early hooked up with my buddy Brad and we met at the golf course at 6:20am and wacked out 18 holes of golf by 9:00 and I was at the hospital by 10:00. I spent the rest of the day there just got home and my Daughter is making a nice dinner (I let her have the day off).

I spoke with the weekend doctor and her nurse was great, I worked with her on my wife’s repositioning, oral hygiene, and putting cream on her skin hands and feet (it felt good to help). I like the staff but I may need to kick some management ass, the doctor was really good and thorough in his well thought out analysis.

So I’m back, I feel like an idiot for letting myself melt down and wallow in a deep sadness I don’t think I have ever allowed into my being before…it’s a truly horrible place, that’s dark and can defeat you, even when you have super powers…it is definitely my Kryptonite!

Thank you all, to know you care about her is a wonderful thing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:03 pm 

It's cool, we all love ya man. 8)
If your able to take care of her remember to raise her heals if she's on her back or they burn like hell. Same if you put hair in a ponytail, pull it to the side or it hurts like hell laying on the knot. It's all that little stuff that makes you comfortable. Lotion all over twice a day is refreshing or just a sponge if she's hot. Pillow between the knees if she's on her side. Anything for dry mouth and all that dental jive. It helps more than ya think bro'. I know. :wink:
Sending all positive vibes the Plook family's way!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:40 am 

Don't sweat it Plook! We're all human and sometimes when we're carrying the world's weight on our shoulders, it can all be "too much". Just remember that there's another day. Sure, 2 days ago you fell off but the next day sounded like it was a nice day overall and you found your center again. Everyone needs some "me" time - don't feel guilty over it!

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:45 am 

Try and keep "Luthor" at bay with his blasted "Kryptonyte" -almost anything (within reason obviously) is legit to keep your and her spirits up.
And don't feel like an idiot,
all the best from the idiot in the Ivory Tower...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:22 am 

Thanks Gents, headed over to Hospital for a quick visit, the Daughters Plook are on duty, I have to prepare for my trip to Phoenix tomorrow...dam airlines, have to fly at 6:00am means I jave to be at airport by 4:15am so I have to leave at 3:30am, which means I have to get up around 2:00am...I hate that shit...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 147  Next