Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 128  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:38 am 

Stay strong Plookster - I'm sure Terri would want you to.

Wishing you and the family strength for Sunday. I'll be thinking of you then.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:04 pm 

Have film camera, will travel... KU and I will be attending and I should, barring any major equipment malfunctions, have a nice DVD of the event for all to share. The sound, is what I'm fretting over, so I'm bringing a shotgun microphone and a couple of mic stands incase the podium or the hall is mic'd. Then I can place a mic near a speaker so I don't get all that crowd noise. If it's not mic'd I'll use the shotgun. Inside halls/event centers can have an echo that's really distracting.

I feel like Terri's gonna be watchin' and directing this shoot. I'm just the camera guy following her advice and orders. She's still taking care of biz, what a woman! :wink: 8)

Update: Just talked to Plook the Younger and she's checkin' out how they have the place mic'd up for me. I can adjust the mic from there....I hope! I'll "get 'er done" either way, I'm hoping for the best though...as always! :D 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:06 pm 

Plook wrote:
Hello all, so kind you Freaks are, so much support from you is a gift...That gift originated with my wife Terri finding this site for me back in 2002 and encouraging my rejoining in 2009, she knew my love for the music and she knew this was a place for me and she always knew best.

Terri also came up with the concept and name of this thread, so you may all think I have good ideas, but the only good idea I ever had was hooking up with Terri, the rest were all hers.

Thank you Terri!

Of course you can use my picture as you see fit!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:25 pm 

Raising a few glasses to you and yours today Plook. Our thoughts are with you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:38 pm 

I just wanted to share that last night I dreamt about you guys, Plook. Stay strong, friend.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:04 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
I just wanted to share that last night I dreamt about you guys, Plook. Stay strong, friend.

I thought it was a beautiful sentiment Mr.GG. :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:57 pm 

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:25 pm 

KU & KK , Plook is a very lucky man to have you guys riding shotgun. 8)

Plook , hopefully those two will take some of my spirit with them to be there for you. I have lost many people in my life and it's never fun. One thing I started doing many years ago was to start planting trees for each of those that have passed. Seems I have a small forest in the back yard now. Each one was planted for a certain person and sometimes it's quite calming just to water them and look at them. Corny huh ?

It helps me out , and if you need that kinda help , Plook , let me know.

Hang in there , brother.

:(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:05 pm 

I'll be taken that kind of vibe & spirit with me Pedro, thanks, very cool bro'. That's a beautiful way to honor a loved one by planting trees. And a green, tree huggin' idea too. Who a thunk it. I'm just ribbin ya P2, get it honey? Get it Honey? As he poked a stick he grew himself in her.< Too much? I'm just letting off stress bro'. I think we all have been hoping for the best. It takes something outta ya when it doesn't work fast or good enough. I know anyone that's been following Plook On Tour has become a better, more caring and most important more understanding person for it. We're all a little better for it and closer too. The strongest steel was forged in the hottest of fires. That makes us strong and gives gives us strength, not anguish. It sure as heck hurts until time takes over though. KU is the one really stepping up to help me help Plook. he's going around 200 miles outta his way to help see it's done. I know anyone else that was close enough might of done it, but he offered and is. Still waiting on a couple of factors to ease his burdon, but KU's there, that's so very cool man. Lucky he's here too, he's quit this forum a few times! Ha Ha! :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:37 am 

Visit Terri's Obit site if you would like to.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/appeal ... =170781315

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:13 am 

Beautiful; Let's rejoice in the fact she no longer suffers, Plook if you get into my neck of the world, pm me, I'll share a brew with you to your sainted wife, take care.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:21 am 

Sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:39 am 

AGuyWithAWrench wrote:
Sorry for your loss.

The family Plooks loss is the universe's gain. 8) :idea:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:34 am 

We are actually getting a nice event together we still have some important duties to fullfill, but we have the wagons circled and its getting done.

I must thank everyone here again for your support it helps.

A special shout out to Kapt.Kiirk and KU they are going all in to make this something we can always value, thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:01 pm 

Plook,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will raise my glass in honor of Terri tonight. My heart goes out to you bro.

:cry:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:31 am 

Hang in there Plook, we're here for you buddy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:40 am 

Mr and Mrs Green Genes will turn their mental/soul antennas today to CA and the Plooks...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:18 am 

I avoided the board all week because I could sense something was wrong. You can call me full of hooey if you want. But when you are thinking of someone all the time, you can tell when things aren't right. I left the board last night after receiving the news that I already knew, and spent some time mourning. Today's playlist will be all instrumental {with a few spoken passages, for all the nitpickers out there}, in celebration of the life that Terri lived. My heart is with Plook and his family today.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:57 am 

Hope it was a good send-off, Plook - and that you continue coping.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:36 pm 

My thoughts are with you this weekend too.
TT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:00 pm 

Thank you all went well, Kapt.Kiirk will be producing a DVD of the event, I will update you all soon.

Terri I love you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:58 pm 

Plook, it was a beautiful tribute to Terri. You have a great family that will carry Terri's heart and wisdom with them. You are all A+ in my book.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:53 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Mr and Mrs Green Genes will turn their mental/soul antennas today to CA and the Plooks...
Philostopher wrote:
I avoided the board all week because I could sense something was wrong. You can call me full of hooey if you want. But when you are thinking of someone all the time, you can tell when things aren't right. I left the board last night after receiving the news that I already knew, and spent some time mourning. Today's playlist will be all instrumental {with a few spoken passages, for all the nitpickers out there}, in celebration of the life that Terri lived. My heart is with Plook and his family today.

Caputh wrote:
Hope it was a good send-off, Plook - and that you continue coping.
deuce wrote:
My thoughts are with you this weekend too.
TT
KUIII wrote:
Plook, it was a beautiful tribute to Terri. You have a great family that will carry Terri's heart and wisdom with them. You are all A+ in my book.
Gray_Ghost wrote:
Hang in there Plook, we're here for you buddy.

We have a very cool forum here. I'm proud to call you all my friends!
Teri directed the whole thing with some help from the family she raised. This was one of the most caring and beautiful send offs I've been too. I could feel and see her presence everywhere all during the event from a very eclectic and wide ranging group of folks as I've seen in awhile. They were all there for Terri and as I found out, she was always there for them.
I'm honored that I was chosen to help capture this day for the grandkids to see when they get older and have some of their own. This is gonna be a great memory for Izzy to see when she all grown up and her kids and so on. As I packed up to leave with KU, the sun came out and I thought Terri's telling us we did good.
I'll miss ya Terri! Now Plook has the torch, carry it well and with pride brother. You we're lucky to have her as long as you did. Treasure those memories bro'. She helped make you the man we all know and love. She's never gonna be faraway, she's part of us all now.
I love all you folks...so take care of yourselves will ya!

KK {-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:49 pm 

I love that it was Plook's wife who set him up with this forum. And how this forum is now extra support for Plook as he copes with her physical passing. Beautiful, and dare I say... Cosmic? (not with a k)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:03 am 

I thought I would share with you all my tribute that was read by my peer, mentor, and friend at the ceremony. Pope Jim always kept me in check on my bad spelling, horrible use of punctuation, and bad grammar…but even with all that this may be my best work, I somehow think he would have given me his stamp of approval.

My Wonderful Wife by Patrick Latronica
I am a man of many stories, I have been blessed to have lived a life full of adventures and random encounters. I will not bore you with my endless droning as many of you know I am skilled at, but I would like to share my most valuable encounter and some of my contemplations of my wonderful wife.

I have had the pleasure to meet and hang out with many iconic people in my years, but the most important encounter I ever had was a chance meeting.

I was 19 years old and dating a girl, we were going to a hard rock concert at the Whiskey A Go Go in Hollywood on Friday April 7th 1978, that afternoon she called and said she was sick and couldn’t go. After mentally analyzing a very long list of friends I could ask to attend, I choose to call Roger who was a guitarist in a Garage Rock Band. I figured he would value the guitar work of the band playing, not one of my closer friends but a logical choice.

Roger accepted the invitation we drove to Hollywood, rocked out, and drove home. We got off the 605 freeway we were only a couple blocks from my parents’ house about to turn and Roger turned to me and asked, “Would you like to go to my girlfriend’s apartment, she has a roommate?”

Being a young red blooded American boy I said “yes”, and we turned right instead of left. That roommate I met was Terri…I have never before or since appreciated which way a car turned more.

We all know the experience of meeting and talking to Terri, you soon feel as though she is an old friend and her sense of humor brightens you. You want more of what she has even if you don’t know what it is, it’s called the X factor. Her warm radiance made you glow more, you were better after seeing her than you were before.

You absorbed her stunning beauty and smile like sunshine, it was as if her energy elevated you. I like many people wanted to bask in that glow as often as possible. Her gift was so great that it could transcend distance and could reach you whether by phone, letter, Facebook, or text.

Her sense of humor was witty and sharp, many people underestimated her intelligence and new that was a mistake before long. Her laugh was infectious and even if you did not fully get the joke (which was probably on you) you could not help but laugh along, dare I say you wanted too.

Terri may be the most photogenic person I have ever met, as much as she would not like some pictures, she always looked good. My god the woman’s driver’s license photo is spectacular, typical Terri.

She had an excellent sense of fashion and always dressed impeccably, she could turn some heads.

Terri was a social person, Italian by proxy, I can assure you she is looking down and enjoying the dynamic of this setting.

Terri was an excellent mother, she managed to raise two magnificent young women, not an easy feet in this day and age. Our Daughters had many friends whom stayed at our place for long extended periods and Terri was able to help them mold into women, I know they would all testify that they were better for knowing her.

Grandmother was a role Terri slid into like a glove, Nona fit her well, she treated Tony’s son Gage as her one of her own. Her love for Izabella surpassed any love before, we had all become number two.

I am convinced that in the last few months Terri fought so hard for her opportunity to be in Izzy’s life. I know she is Izzy’s angel and will be close to her heart and I intend reinforce that love in Izzy if I do nothing else.

Terri’s family meant so much to her she loved her aunts, cousins, brother, father, and mother so much. Her love was so strong it extended to even my chaotic family which all loved her too.

Her love for her mother was unbounded and she honored her memory always. Her brother was like her friend and they spoke regularly, no brother has ever been so lucky.

Her father was the only man who ever held sway over Terri, she loved him so much, and her only goal was to make him proud.

Terri’s list of friends is incredible, all who knew her sought out her counsel men and women alike. She could guide, advise, or just listen…a skill hard to master. She was as good as a therapist…maybe even better.

An excellent cook, she could even create a gourmet meal when she wanted, she would taste something she liked at a restaurant and spend as much time as needed reproducing the flavor to perfection. Simply remarkable, the women could cook and my waist line is proof of it.

Her skills in decorating were legendary, her living room was always considered magazine worthy even when she barely had two nickels to rub together.

In fact she was redecorating right up to the day she went to the hospital, she did the living room, family room, foray, and bathroom.

She was preparing to start the dining room and kitchen when she returned from the hospital, a project I pray I have the where with all to complete for her.

She made several ocean wreath’s, decorated vases and jars in an ocean motif, and even was starting to give knitting a go the last month before entering the hospital…unstoppable is the word that comes to mind.

She always had a knack for crafts and gifts, she knew what you wanted even if you didn’t. She was perceptive to the highest degree and proved it to me when she always knew what stupid book I wanted or what music to get me even with my ridiculously unorthodox listening taste.

Don’t get me wrong a 36 year relationship is not all roses, we had some rough patches and there were times we almost didn’t make it through, but with the strength of love that Terri held out to me, we always managed to get through the roughest waters.

Terri was always in control whether you knew it or not, and so it was on Tuesday April 22nd. It was a beautiful spring day in Folsom California, the type of day Terri loved, cloudy with sun sometimes your warm, sometimes it’s cool.

We had several family and close friends bedside telling stories and reminiscing, laughing more and crying some.

At 11:00am our scheduled time for Terri’s departure I asked the staff when we could start and they said the doctors were late.

It was approximately 11:15, when I asked for the room, everyone left and I shut the door and drew the privacy curtain. Outside the clouds were obscuring the sun, so the light in the room with a large window was subtle.

I explained to Terri how much I loved her and how I have been dreaming of her every night and I want her back. I told her she fought so hard and so valiantly, that it was ok and to go to her Mother, my Dad, her stepmom, all her grandparents, all of her and my relatives, and even our good dog Bella…they were all waiting to guide her across…
The machines tracking her vitals began to drop steadily, the nurse knocked and entered she tried to bring Terri’s heart rate back up, she said uho. I called my son in law in the lobby and said get everyone in quick.

All arrived in time to see her pass and as she did the clouds parted and the sun came out, the light shone through the window and illuminated her peaceful face, it was 11:30 am.

We walked outside to see a magnificent sight of the entire area surrounded by clouds and the sun shining down on this little hospital on top of a hill.

As we looked up and imagined my wonderful wife’s spirit rising, a lone prison siren wailed from nearby Folsom Prison for just about a half a minute.

Typical Terri she always made a spectacular entrance and exit effortlessly, never late and always in control, she didn’t wait for the doctors and she didn’t let the machines stop her.

Many of you like me may be wondering should I have done something different, should I have said something more?

Terri’s love and kindness was so strong we can be certain that we need not second guess ourselves or hold on to any gloomy thoughts.

The light of her love shines on us all and if we let it, it will keep us from those dark places she would never want any of us who she loved to go.

I for one can say that so long ago a random turn of a car to the right rather than the left lead me to a lovely being that enriched my life beyond belief and I can only thank God that we made the right turn.

Let’s allow ourselves to once more swim in Terri’s ocean of love while we listen to the song she would play every time she went to the ocean and would first see the water. It tells us that no matter what has happened or what has been said there is renewal and redemption when love is stronger than pride.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 128  Next