Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3703 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:21 pm 

Sending some positivity your way Plook

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:01 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Hey, ahhh do you have a dog?
I think Plooks dogs name is Jemma.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:31 am 

That is good, i know my dog kinda saved me, sometimes they just work wonders.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:07 am 

It's always hard for the ones that are left behind. This is a real big thing, it's more than ok to seek grief counselling you know. But like Bravo said, the comfort of a good dog takes you a long way in the right direction.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:02 pm 

Well I got drunk last night, I don't know the last time I got hammered like that...did absolutely no good...thank you all for the kind words, I better stick to not drinking like that, something bad could happen.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:11 pm 

Don't do that bro. We all love you too much to see any more bad happen.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:39 pm 

“Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".

From an Irish headstone
:)

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:38 pm 

Apologies gang, Plook had sent these my way to post on here mid-week but I was actually in the midst of surgery myself. All is well, it was just a planned hernia surgery but it had me out for the last several days all the same. Here are some more wonderful photos that Plook would like to share with us of his loving wife, Terri.

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:48 pm 

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Plook was correct when he said that Terri was very photogenic. I feel for you brother.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:19 pm 

Very nice, thanks, hope you are 100% penguin. Plook, just let alcohol behind, it is the most boring of substances... Very nice words, Predro.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:51 am 

Wishing you the best PIB, keep us posted on your recovery my friend…thank you for posting the photos, maybe I will send some each week and we can keep the memory alive.

This week I will attempt to hit some sort of pace of normalcy…

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:57 am 

Plook wrote:
Wishing you the best PIB, keep us posted on your recovery my friend…thank you for posting the photos, maybe I will send some each week and we can keep the memory alive.

This week I will attempt to hit some sort of pace of normalcy…

Oh thanks but I'm quickly recovering. 3 days of feeling useless and then I was off the pain meds and already "sneaking out" to catch a screening of a Residents documentary. Stairs are still a bit of a bitch and I can feel the pinch when I try to sing full-on but it'll come back shortly, I know it.

As far as your "recovery" Plook - it takes time of course. We all deal with loss in our own way. You'll come around and it'll come in waves. While I have not lost a loved one like you have, I can always offer experience with the loss of my 2 marriages (via divorce) and can relate (in some way) with the experience of loss and coping and understanding, etc. etc. I'm always here if you need anything, Plook (including something as simple as posting new photos for you!)

Cheers,

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:29 am 

Have passport, will travel? Take a train ride? New perspectives? Time off for a little while? Couple of weeks vacation? Fly fishing in Montana? It might lead you back home with a clear head and a new outlook. Just throwing it out there Plook. Sometimes it's good to get away. Sorry there's no eclipses happening soon, but I'm sure you can find a place to drive-walkabout-camp, motel whatever close enough so the kids don't worry. Every been to the top of MT. Whitney? Lassen's cool too. Bodie/Mono lake area beautiful this time of year. I've got a coupon for a night in a yurt at Yosemite you can have.

Screw that, go to Thailand, I have friends in Sukomvet outside of Bangkok you can stay with and it's an easy plane hop to Vietnam & China! See where Sen. McCain lived in Ho Chi Min City. Skateboard the great wall!

Too much? Stay home then. One thing you can't hide, is when your crippled inside. I have faith that you'll work it out. There's a lot of people who care bro'. Nobody told us there be daze like these, eh? I'm quoting Lennon too much, but that's all I got. Pick one or none but pick yourself up and get back to where you once belong,... Plooketta.
We love ya man! Whatever ya do! :wink: 8)

Train to Chi-town and back. Visit PIB overnight? :idea: I gotta million of 'em! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:32 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Have passport, will travel? Take a train ride? New perspectives? Time off for a little while? Couple of weeks vacation? Fly fishing in Montana? It might lead you back home with a clear head and a new outlook. Just throwing it out there Plook. Sometimes it's good to get away. Sorry there's no eclipses happening soon, but I'm sure you can find a place to drive-walkabout-camp, motel whatever close enough so the kids don't worry. Every been to the top of MT. Whitney? Lassen's cool too. Bodie/Mono lake area beautiful this time of year. I've got a coupon for a night in a yurt at Yosemite you can have.

Screw that, go to Thailand, I have friends in Sukomvet outside of Bangkok you can stay with and it's an easy plane hop to Vietnam & China! See where Sen. McCain lived in Ho Chi Min City. Skateboard the great wall!

Too much? Stay home then. One thing you can't hide, is when your crippled inside. I have faith that you'll work it out. There's a lot of people who care bro'. Nobody told us there be daze like these, eh? I'm quoting Lennon too much, but that's all I got. Pick one or none but pick yourself up and get back to where you once belong,... Plooketta.
We love ya man! Whatever ya do! :wink: 8)

Train to Chi-town and back. Visit PIB overnight? :idea: I gotta million of 'em! :mrgreen:

All of these are great suggestions, Kiirk! In turn, Plook will do whatever he damn well pleases :mrgreen: but it's nice of you to give him lots of ideas! I agree!
And it of course goes without saying that you always have a place to crash here in Chicago, Plook! :wink:

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:21 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:

All of these are great suggestions, Kiirk! In turn, Plook will do whatever he damn well pleases :mrgreen: but it's nice of you to give him lots of ideas! I agree!
And it of course goes without saying that you always have a place to crash here in Chicago, Plook! :wink:

I'd go with the Bangkok idea, but that's just me. Plook will do what's best for Plook. I'm just sayin there's a world of possibilities out there including, but not limited too, a Chicago train trip. It's a beautiful ride through the Rockies & Sierras.
How about Belize for some scuba action with those big assed groupers or a hot springs bath in Iceland? :shock: :idea: One extreme to the other! Hotcha-cha-cha! :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:23 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
How about Belize for some scuba action with those big assed groupers or a hot springs bath in Iceland? :shock: :idea: One extreme to the other! Hotcha-cha-cha! :wink: :mrgreen:

Well if he does any sort of scuba diving, I would hope I would get the invite! :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:37 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Well if he does any sort of scuba diving, I would hope I would get the invite! :mrgreen:

I'd need a little yellow submarine, a ducky and I'm ready to go! :wink: :mrgreen:

EDIT: Ever gone looking for the wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:05 am 

Well are you two the creative due...only Kapt Kiirk would recommend Bangkok, PIB wants some scuba diving, and oh yes the yellow submarine…well well well so many choices so little time…

Right now I’m trying to ease my way back into work, plan on going to San Francisco on Wednesday to do a couple audits…its not Bangkok but it’s not this one horse town either…

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:07 am 

PiB wants what Plook wants! :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:20 pm 

Plook wrote:
Right now I’m trying to ease my way back into work, plan on going to San Francisco on Wednesday to do a couple audits…its not Bangkok but it’s not this one horse town either…

Ah yes, Bagdad by the Bay, The Barnaby Coast, Gateway to the Gold Fields. FYI, SFGate.com has some great deals for the Red & White fleet. Good for short trips around the bay. I like to go over to Sausalito on their boats for lunch. Best views, shortest ride and a bar taboot! I know you'd have fun in North Beach too. There's quite a few small beatnik & Italian joints with great food & spirits if you walk up Larkin, N. from Broadway or Columbus. Past the Electric Light Book Store*. Hear music ya like and go on in! Nice folks around there. :wink: 8)

*They have some great framed pix of FZ

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:33 pm 

If your employer ever pays your costs to Europe, or you're feeling loaded - come and stay with us. It's not naked scuba diving with oiled ladyboys (and I say that with no racial, sexual, asexual, transgender, anti-Asian prejudice - or with any desire to see what a ladyboy looks like, particularly in oil), but it's really quite interesting in a cultural-historical, botanical garden kind of a way - as I'm sure scuba-diving in Thailand is, too.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:07 pm 

Caputh wrote:
If your employer ever pays your costs to Europe, or you're feeling loaded - come and stay with us. It's not naked scuba diving with oiled ladyboys (and I say that with no racial, sexual, asexual, transgender, anti-Asian prejudice - or with any desire to see what a ladyboy looks like, particularly in oil), but it's really quite interesting in a cultural-historical, botanical garden kind of a way - as I'm sure scuba-diving in Thailand is, too.

How did SCUBA diving in Belize with those big groupers get to be naked in Thailand with some nancy boyz and why does that seem to peak your interest Caputh??? :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: LMAO!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:18 pm 

Caputh can I launch the Yellow Submarine from the not so secret basement at the base of the Ivory Towers, that is if there is water by your kingdom...

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:24 pm 

The plankton, the krill, the giant underwater pyramid, the squid decor, the big ol' giant underwater door, the dome, the bubbles, the Blue Light!

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:32 pm 

You guys are killing me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

One step at a time Plook, an audit today, naked scuba diving tomorrow.... :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3703 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 149  Next