Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 130  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:57 pm 

Last night was the 36th anniversary of Terri and I's first date...Sunday is the Indy 500, we watch 35 Indianapolis 500's together...this kind of stuff just tears me apart brick by brick...as the gypsy said I have recently become half a person.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:56 pm 

Don't dwaddle on it, celebrate it! She made you a stronger man and able to handle this hard stuff. Those are great memories she's given you. Your lucky she smiled on you, ya know? Most of us never find a true love like that. You both made two great kids and now they're making little Terri's = Izzy's too. Life truly goes on within you and without you. Dig it! Have a fantastic weekend Plook, ya deserve it bro'. :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:46 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Don't dwaddle on it, celebrate it! She made you a stronger man and able to handle this hard stuff. Those are great memories she's given you. Your lucky she smiled on you, ya know? Most of us never find a true love like that. You both made two great kids and now they're making little Terri's = Izzy's too. Life truly goes on within you and without you. Dig it! Have a fantastic weekend Plook, ya deserve it bro'. :wink: 8)

The Kapt. makes some great points here, Plook. You and Terri did pretty darn good. You had 36 years together and you were still in love after all those years. By contrast, I had a very rocky ten year marriage and in all honesty the last nine years of divorce have been much harder. I've even used yours and Terri's story as inspiration for me to get my shit together. You both have shown me that I could be doing much better than I have been. Thanks for that and be kind to yourself. Terri would want that I'm sure. :smoke: PS - you know I don't really smoke, I just think it looks cool. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:44 am 

Hell yeah Plook. You had 36 good years. I had 12 with mine, and the last 5 sucked ass. Celebrate that, and it will help you make it through it. If you need an extra person to talk to, let me know. If you don't, I totally understand that too. Just offering an extra ear to you, if you want. Stay strong bro.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:23 am 

It may take two people to lift a 100kg table, but one person may still be able to lift a 70kg table.
TT

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:34 am 

A 100 kg. table equals 220.46 lbs. A 70 kg. table equals 154.322 lbs. This has no bearing on the thread. But I convert kilograms to pounds every day for a living, so I thought I would just show off a little. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:53 am 

It may take two people to lift a 220.46lb table, but one person may still be able to lift a 154.322lb table.
That does sound better actually.
TT

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:08 am 

Stop mocking me. I was trying to show off some of the only knowledge I have. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:45 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
Stop mocking me. I was trying to show off some of the only knowledge I have. :wink:

.. and that is precious knowledge. Some of the worst engineering mistakes were allegedly done because of wrong use of metric and royal or whatever is called system:

Great miscalculations: The French railway error and 10 others
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27509559

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:52 pm 

Philostopher wrote:

Oh, stop this false modesty! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:47 pm 

Plook wrote:
Last night was the 36th anniversary of Terri and I's first date...Sunday is the Indy 500, we watch 35 Indianapolis 500's together...this kind of stuff just tears me apart brick by brick...as the gypsy said I have recently become half a person.

Losing a partner of 36 years has got to be one of the most traumatic things anyone can go through. Terri was a meteor that shot through this sorry world. A gift. The physical part of that gift is gone but the essence is all around you. The irony is that Terri is probably the only one who could understand how it feels for you to lose her. But even these traumatic deaths bear gifts. She's circling close in her cosmic orbit.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:28 pm 

Thank you all, I listen to the Kapt and I went golfing with a bunch of guys...played horribly but had a great time.

My daughter and I watch a very inspiring movie last night and it got me thinking that you are all right. Well we are having BBQ halibut tonight I'm starving haven't eaten all day and I'm burned to a crispy red, it was 92 on the course today.

Tomorrow is the Indy 500, the only day I drink in the morning...Bloody Mary's at 8:00am. Do yourselves a favor and enjoy the greatest spectacle in motor racing, when else do you get to see 33 cars going 230 miles an hour head straight into a 90 degree left turn with out breaking!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:24 pm 

I'll be watching.....3:30am Monday morning local time, I won't be drinking though.....working from 8:00ish
insert sleeping pumpkin here

Last edited by Gray_Ghost on Sat May 24, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:52 pm 

This virus is greek to me. Still trying new tricks and can't repair/cancel/uninstall fast enough. Have isolated the 2 root .exe, that seems to be the boogers!
Gotta go again! :roll: :shock:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:24 pm 

Set phasers to reboot

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:45 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
This virus is greek to me. Still trying new tricks and can't repair/cancel/uninstall fast enough. Have isolated the 2 root .exe, that seems to be the boogers!
Gotta go again! :roll: :shock:

take it to a tech, or..... start in safe mode, then, run your anti virus, or borrow from some one who has them or go to the library and down load all the anti virus , malware , spybot , programs ,should be free, take home and while still in safe mode run them.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:19 am 

Plook wrote:
when else do you get to see 33 cars going 230 miles an hour head straight into a 90 degree left turn with out breaking!

It sounds pretty similar to the road I live when shifts change at the packing house.
TT

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:29 am 

Plook wrote:
Thank you all, I listen to the Kapt and I went golfing with a bunch of guys...played horribly but had a great time.

My daughter and I watch a very inspiring movie last night and it got me thinking that you are all right. Well we are having BBQ halibut tonight I'm starving haven't eaten all day and I'm burned to a crispy red, it was 92 on the course today.

Tomorrow is the Indy 500, the only day I drink in the morning...Bloody Mary's at 8:00am. Do yourselves a favor and enjoy the greatest spectacle in motor racing, when else do you get to see 33 cars going 230 miles an hour head straight into a 90 degree left turn with out breaking!

Glad you enjoyed yourself - I wish I could have a bit of that halibut (what are fish prices like in your area?) Didn't watch the Indy; unfortunately, I watched the European Championship soccer final instead - which only got interesting after I had given up and gone to bed (as usual) - I should have taken your advice. :wink:
What was the movie btw?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:59 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Plook wrote:

Glad you enjoyed yourself - I wish I could have a bit of that halibut (what are fish prices like in your area?) Didn't watch the Indy; unfortunately, I watched the European Championship soccer final instead - which only got interesting after I had given up and gone to bed (as usual) - I should have taken your advice. :wink:
What was the movie btw?

The halibut came out excellent, my Kung Fu is top shelf on that cut of fish, it was on sell for $14.99...that is $10.00 a pound cheaper than regular price (very expensive cut of fish).

The race was excellent with Ryan Hunter Ray taking Helio Castroneves by less than a car length with Marco Andretti a close third.

The Movie was Secret Life of Walter Mitty, I find the fluff movies go down very well right now and this one had a message.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:00 am 

I haven't been on in a while Mr Plook and just found out about your wife and wanted to say I'm sorry
.... :(

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:59 am 

Little_Sally wrote:
I haven't been on in a while Mr Plook and just found out about your wife and wanted to say I'm sorry
.... :(

Thank you my friend.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:22 pm 

Staying close to home this week, using some time off to get some stuff taken care of but still working a little to get some end of the month reports done. I will be headed to Colorado next week.

Question...My daughters are against me going through my wife's clothes and donating them, they say its too soon, I just don't know the protocal for this situation any thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:15 pm 

Plook wrote:
Staying close to home this week, using some time off to get some stuff taken care of but still working a little to get some end of the month reports done. I will be headed to Colorado next week.

Question...My daughters are against me going through my wife's clothes and donating them, they say its too soon, I just don't know the protocal for this situation any thoughts?

Have them pick out two outfits apiece and let the rest go to folks that can really dig the way Terri dressed. :idea:
... Or have them put it in "their attic". Be firm, these are new women with Terri powers.

What did you do for Izzy today? :lol: :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:13 am 

Plook wrote:

There is no protocol bro. It's whatever you are comfortable with. You are obviously taking your daughter's feelings into consideration. So if it were me, I would probably wait just to appease them. It sounds as though it might help you personally to go ahead with it now, so I don't really know what to tell you? Good luck, and I hope today brings some peace in your heart.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:50 am 

I agree with Philo', It's hard to know when to let go of the personal stuff...

A few life times ago when I was youngish and virile, well youngish anyway, I worked night shift at a central city self storage facility and you got to know the diverse range of folks that came and went at 3:00am in a place like that. Anyway there was a guy there that had been forced by family members to dispose of his beloved late wifes belongings, he just wasn't ready, unbeknown to the family he put the gear into storage. This guy would pop in at all hours of the night and would spend time sitting inside his space talking, sobbing, sleeping. He kept the space for about two and a half years before he was ready to let go of those last few items.

Each to their own I say, you'll know when it's right...unless of course you need a little extra wardrobe space for your super hero costume collection......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 130  Next