Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 147  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:58 pm 

Okay here we go…

I had been confiding in a couple of good friends that I am starving for some female companionship, not romantic (God knows when I can cross that bridge)…I miss talking to an intelligent mature women (sometimes you take that kind of stuff for granted when you have been married as long as I was).

Not to take anything away from my daughters or their friends, they are all on the right track, I miss a good intimate conversation with a peer. Terri and I talked often about how great it was not to be out there trying to make contact with the opposite camp. Where do you start, what to say? Don’t get me wrong I have talked to hundreds of women while traveling over the years, but there is a confidence in being married a long time and not trying to get anywhere with them.

Well I drove all freaking day Monday worked on the computer late, worked in the field Tuesday drove to San Diego worked late into the night, Wednesday I worked and then drove to LA and I was buried in reports to write (I still am may have over scheduled this trip but that’s a different story).

I was working on reports from 4:00 pm until 10:30 pm (that was after starting the day at 7:00am), I took a break long enough to cross the street get a Subway sandwich come back and eat half. My ass and hip hurt so bad by 10:30 I just couldn’t go on and my vision was completely shoot from staring at a lap top screen (I am not kidding it took a while for my eyesight to sinc back up).

I decided to go over the Club in the hotel and have a drink before bed, I got there and they were closing the guy probably would have served me but I said forget it. I headed back to the room and remembered the Club on the corner, very hip place they get 2nd tier name bands and good comics, they have good food and it’s very hip and groovy place.

Well I moseyed on over, the parking lot was pretty empty (it’s huge they probably have 300 people there on Friday and Saturday), the signs says “Wednesday Comic and Karaoke”. When I hit the door I could tell they were on part two of the adventure because I could hear some gal belting out a song valiantly but not with much skill and I thought oh god (there was maybe 20 or 30 people there so it looked empty).

I ordered a cocktail and listened to another person give it a go, then some guy really put a lot of effort into a Billy Idol song (White Wedding I believe, but I’m not sure). Sauntered outside and had a smoke and ease dropped on the hip conversations of the young crowd.

I went back in and the bar is an oval with an opening on the side facing away from the stage, I was right on the right side. A gal went up and sang Holler Back Girl and really did a bang up job with dance moves and every. Some gal I hadn’t really paid any attention too was rooting her on and really enjoying it.

Then a couple went up (they looked like they were geeks and probably working for some high tech company) and started singing the theme from Aladdin, it was charming, sweet, and not to bad.

All of a sudden this gal on the other side of the opening reaches over grabs my shoulder and says “isn’t that sweet…” I had some response and next thing you know we are chatting it up, she was age appropriate beautiful, in great shape, intelligent, has a great job, and Hispanic…Man cheviots I was working hard just to keep up, but I as you know have been in a house full of women for some time and can hold my own.

After about 20 or 30 minutes I was tucked in next to her Me standing she was seated and it was awesome Hispanics like Italians like to talk with their hands and the conversation included a lot of subtle contact.

We talk for well over an hour and hit and all kinds of stuff, we talked about kids and many other things, she never asked about what happened to my wife or why I was single…and of course that isn’t something you blurt out. If she would have inquired and I would have told her, but she was super smart and could have easily deducted what was up by the content of the conversation.

Well I may not be ready for romance yet, all the gears and pistons were sending me signals that the Good Ship Lolly Pop was ready to head to sea if ordered to do so, man I haven’t felt like that in so long it was invigorating. Don’t get me wrong Terri and I had a great relationship and could still give each other the tingles and goose bumps. But I must say I felt like a teenage boy again and the kicker was I wasn’t even cleaned up, I had been going all day, hell as far as I was concerned I looked like something the cat dragged in…but I can always rely on the Movie Star Hair to get me through...lol...

We both decided to call it a night and I gave her my card and said if you want lunch, dinner, or just coffee to call me. I walked her to her car a freaking awesome Mercedes, we did the half hug and I went along my way.

Fast forward to last night I went over to have a night cap at 10:00 pm and it was Reggae Night and the pot was flowing Mon…I had my drink and the Bar Manager came up to me introduced himself and said that he saw me talking to the gal and that it looked like we were having a great time.

He even asked if I took her home, I gave him the reader’s digest version of my situation and he said he knew her for some time she is totally single and cool and that he thinks she will be in Friday night (tonight!) and that I should come over she usually comes alone.

What do you all think, quit well your ahead or charge into the unknown?

:?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:16 pm 

Your call, brother. If it feels good or right I don't see any harm. You're a far more gregarious person than I am and I'm sure whatever you do it will come much more naturally than if I was in your shoes. It could be good for you to dip your toes back into the water if the time is right for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:35 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Your call, brother. If it feels good or right I don't see any harm. You're a far more gregarious person than I am and I'm sure whatever you do it will come much more naturally than if I was in your shoes. It could be good for you to dip your toes back into the water if the time is right for you.

I'm would be happy to hang out and talk without coming off like a stalker... :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:41 pm 

There you go...or you could let her stalk you. She made the first contact last time and seemed to like you. After all, you ARE the most interesting man in the world. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:47 pm 

My personal opinion is that your extroverted personality would require less grieving time than a more introverted person. I see no reason why you shouldn't jump right back on the horse. Do you think Terri would have wanted you to mourn forever, or celebrate her life and then get on with your's? Hope I'm not overstepping boundaries here, but that is the way I feel.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:03 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
My personal opinion is that your extroverted personality would require less grieving time than a more introverted person. I see no reason why you shouldn't jump right back on the horse. Do you think Terri would have wanted you to mourn forever, or celebrate her life and then get on with your's? Hope I'm not overstepping boundaries here, but that is the way I feel.

Not at all, that is the kind of honest input I am looking for, and yes Terri and I discussed such things over the years and I feel comfident she would want me to wither on the vine...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:47 am 

Plook wrote:
Philostopher wrote:

Not at all, that is the kind of honest input I am looking for, and yes Terri and I discussed such things over the years and I feel comfident she wouldn't want me to wither on the vine...

Plook I would advise you to brush up the movie star hair, select your favorite fluorescent hawaiian shirt and let the games begin......

PS: I was covertly reading your post at work and when I got to the "I can always rely on the Movie Star Hair to get me through" my cover was instantly blown, in a lame attempt to supress my laughter I inhaled a mouthful of coffee which then immediately exited through my nose....I almost drowned! It took me ten minutes to compose myself and clean up the mess...the security camera footage will end up on our christmas blooper reel for sure... :mrgreen: "goodluck"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:30 am 

Update

Never saw her… :arrow:

Had a good time none the less bouncing between the Grateful Dead gig and the 80's gig, shot some pool, had a few drinks, talked to some people, and had some fun… 8)

Had some gals sniffing around but I just wasn’t interested, I think this getting to know women thing is going to be a lot more complicated than it should be… :|

I just can't stay up like that anymore it just wipes me out... :idea:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:06 am 

If these women get a bit much, tell them how great zappa is - it should send them running.
But if doesn't you then have a bigger problem....
TT

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:36 am 

deuce wrote:
If these women get a bit much, tell them how great zappa is - it should send them running.
TT

Somewhere in the conversation with that gal the other night I mentioned Zappa and it didn't scare her off...she mentioned Pearl Jam… :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:08 am 

Plook wrote:
...she mentioned Pearl Jam… :smoke:

pearl jam having that double meaning :shock:
TT

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:18 pm 

deuce wrote:
Plook wrote:
...she mentioned Pearl Jam… :smoke:

pearl jam having that double meaning :shock:
TT

I should have got some pointers from you all before I met her, I probably missed all kinds hints... :idea:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:41 pm 

Wish I could help you with pointers. I was married 12 years, and haven't been on a single date in the 4 years since the divorce. I told my son I made an 18 year contract to raise him, when I decided to have a child. I told him if the pussy wasn't still there for me when he turns 18, it wasn't worth it anyway. Your situation is different from mine though. Sorry to be so blunt, if that bothers anyone.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:55 pm 

Straight shooters are always welcomed here... :!:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:32 pm 

Plook wrote:

Thanks! I shoot very straight with my son. I think he respects me more because of it. He knows that I'm not pretending I'm something I'm not, just to keep from exposing him to that. I waited until he was 14 to tell him I'm a pothead, and then I explained to him why. He told me he understood, and that was that. He also understands that I am in no way endorsing that as a lifestyle choice. I told him that anything {other than music}, that causes you to depend on it will eventually fuck you up. Whether it be weed, alcohol, or even sex.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:56 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
Plook wrote:

Thanks! I shoot very straight with my son. I think he respects me more because of it. He knows that I'm not pretending I'm something I'm not, just to keep from exposing him to that. I waited until he was 14 to tell him I'm a pothead, and then I explained to him why. He told me he understood, and that was that. He also understands that I am in no way endorsing that as a lifestyle choice. I told him that anything {other than music}, that causes you to depend on it will eventually fuck you up. Whether it be weed, alcohol, or even sex.

I would be willing to bet your son had his suspicions before he was 14, kids are way more observant and clever than people usually think they are. Often they will not say anything even if they realize something is up… :idea:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:37 pm 

Plook wrote:
Philostopher wrote:
Plook wrote:

I would be willing to bet your son had his suspicions before he was 14, kids are way more observant and clever than people usually think they are. Often they will not say anything even if they realize something is up… :idea:

Oh yeah. He said he had suspicions that something was going on, but he wasn't sure what.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:50 pm 

Well I got some work done today, I think I will go get something to eat, lay low and go golfing in the morning... :idea:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:00 pm 

Hope you shoot below par. Isn't it ironic that being below par makes you a better golfer? All other sports, you have to play above par. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:49 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
Hope you shoot below par. Isn't it ironic that being below par makes you a better golfer? All other sports, you have to play above par. :wink:

Oh yeah. He said he had suspicions that something was going on, but he wasn't sure what.

What gave you away Philo' ? was it your huge appetite for ice cream, eyes the colour of brake lights or the laughter.....I'm guessing the laughter :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:55 pm 

Philostopher wrote:

That isn't going to happen, I used to be a 12 Handicap which is good, but I have sleeped to about a 16 over the last couple of years...I will be happy to break 90, anything in the 8o's is a good round.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:39 pm 

deuce wrote:
TT

Yeah: it means you have a Bonny on your hands.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:25 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
What gave you away Philo' ? was it your huge appetite for ice cream, eyes the colour of brake lights or the laughter.....I'm guessing the laughter :mrgreen:

Actually, he said it was my craziness. We would be driving down the road. Pink Floyd would come on the radio, and I'd change the lyrics on the fly to "All in all, you're just another dick with two balls". Or the Rolling Stones would come on, and I'd say "I like the Still Pebbles". Just, shit like that.

Plook wrote:
Philostopher wrote:

That isn't going to happen, I used to be a 12 Handicap which is good, but I have sleeped to about a 16 over the last couple of years...I will be happy to break 90, anything in the 8o's is a good round.

That's better than I could do. If you went with me, we'd be in the woods all day looking for my ball. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:06 am 

Philostopher wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

Actually, he said it was my craziness. We would be driving down the road. Pink Floyd would come on the radio, and I'd change the lyrics on the fly to "All in all, you're just another dick with two balls". Or the Rolling Stones would come on, and I'd say "I like the Still Pebbles". Just, shit like that.

Plook wrote:
Philostopher wrote:

That's better than I could do. If you went with me, we'd be in the woods all day looking for my ball. :mrgreen:

My one and only golfing experience was at a work function at a rural course a couple of years back. After taking some instruction from the golf pro, I smashed that ball as hard as I could, I think the term is sliced, the ball took off at a 45 degree angle hit a goat in a nearby paddock and knocked it unconscious...If I concentrate I can still hear the laughter....Some of the lads as a joke put the still un-concho goat into the bosses car, which when it awoke had a panic attack, it shat and pissed throughout the vehicle, tore up the seats and head lining too....the boss was not amused...Thankfully I had driven there in my own car. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:21 am 

That's fucking hilarious GG! I actually used to be pretty good with wedges and putters, but that does you no good when it takes 5 or 6 strokes to get near the green of a Par 4.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 147  Next