Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 156  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:40 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
Philostopher wrote:
coevad wrote:
8)

+1 8)

+ me

+ at least 1 more

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:57 pm 

Dove I am so glad you had a good time, we certianly did, we are back to reality and I have so many wonderful stories to tell...but I am cooked right now...still more to come... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:22 pm 

lapsed maps wrote:
Philostopher wrote:
coevad wrote:
Nice story dove. Any photos?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:25 pm 

The Great ZPZ Road Trip of 2014 is over and was a fabulous success, Myself, KU, and Nic fired up the warp drive and headed to a remote star base and picked up Kapt. Kiirk. We embarked on our journey mid-morning Friday and due to traffic I was forced to fly our starship as if we were maneuvering through an asteroid belt, KU found this very invigorating (sometimes a good Karma check will let you know your living your life correctly).

We arrived and checked into our awesome cottage on the bay, the weather was spectacular! We got suited up had some Andorian Ale, Vulcan Vodka & Coke, and Borg Blasters before our shuttle showed up. Kapt. Kiirk found the shuttle trip to be hot we must have had to slingshot ourselves around the sun.

We arrived in SLO and immediately we greeted by the wonderful Dove_Grey when we disembarked our craft. We ended up upgrading everyone to VIP and enjoyed the sound check. Scheila initially looked like it was Monday at work after a vacation, but must have got hold of some good coffee since quickly warmed up and had one of her best shows.

Kapt. Kiirk who knows Meagan Zappa introduced me and explained to her about the “Plook on Tour” concept and how we used it to launch this mission. She is really nice and genuine, I gave her the reader digest version of Terri’s place in all this and she said Terri and Frank were probably there to watch the show together (Wow)!

We discussed DZ’s perfectionism and had a couple of good laughs, we also discussed the Celebrity Wife Swap appearance. She was truly astounded how the editing made them look so good and the other family come of somewhat poorly. All and all it was great talking to her and I have to thank the good kapt. for that.

After the sound check we had dinner and brought a guy from LA with us…and yes true to the Plook on Tour promise and picked up the check, I am a man of his word (plus I don’t want to upset my wife’s ghost we are having a pretty good time in my dreams).

We then proceeded to the show which I was a little skeptical about that set list as many of you are. I must tell you we are completely wrong on this one, DZ and the band have found a way to kind of put together a recipe (if you will). We are looking at the list of ingredients and saying that doesn’t sound so good, but when you sit down (or stand-up I should say) and eat it, it was the best.

It was incredible and may have been their best performance for me and I have seen some good ones, even the great doubter KU loved it. Nic found it excellent and Kapt.Kiirk, who sometimes doesn’t know if he is afoot or on horseback, loved it.

Some highlights, DZ is really getting into the little technical nuances of the needed effects for the songs and is really into the 60’s guitar sound. Scheila blew the roof off with an extended Sax solo that just crushed, many of the younger audience members were just dazzled. I heard comments like ridiculous, sick, “are you kidding me”…it was crazy.

Kurt Morgan and Ryan Brown are so solid on Bass and Drums it is inspiring to know that such good young musicians exist. Chris is really coming into his own and has the vocals and keyboards completely down to a science.

Ben, that man could be in any band FZ had, he has mastered the front man location, especially impressive on the super high speed version of Dinah-Moe Humm. He has the vocal beat box thing going and can make many sound effects with his voice, he also does well with the many hand held sound making instruments, does well on guitar, and is very skilled with the trumpet and trombone.

Afterwards we roamed around the very active SLO night scene and as Dove mentioned it was like there was an escape from Jurassic Park and the kids were amazed…LOL… :mrgreen:

Later we headed back to the room and enjoyed…more to come…previews include Gum Alley, the Central Coast Tour, Kapt.Kiirks naked night walk about and hot tub adventure, and more… :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:20 pm 

Awesome fucking story! But, I gotta ask. Any visual documentation from this fabulous journey? :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:34 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
Awesome fucking story! But, I gotta ask. Any visual documentation from this fabulous journey? :)

Yes some exists... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:44 pm 

Plook wrote:
Philostopher wrote:

Yes some exists... :smoke:

Warning Philo' there could be X rated KK images?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:21 pm 

That can neither be confirmed or denied... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:55 am 

During the show I headed out for a smoke and both Pete and the new sound guy Jeff were outside puffing butts, we struck up a very interesting conversation and Pete said he has recorded every show since he has been with ZPZ...Hhhmmmm...as we are chatting her comes Scheila walks by and I said "shouldn't you be in there playing?" and she said "shouldn't you be in there watching?...Fair enough, she then headed down the east west section of Gum Alley...You can't truly appreciate the name until you see the north south section, I kid you not there must be more that 1 million pieces of gum, Dove & I had to add ours to this monument to chewing... :mrgreen:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:30 am 

Sounds like an awesome time, Plook!

BTW - My Vegas dates slightly changed in the off-chance things changed for you (or anyone else that wanted to hang out that way). I'm now going from Thurs 9/11 - Mon 9/15.

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:59 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Sounds like an awesome time, Plook!

BTW - My Vegas dates slightly changed in the off-chance things changed for you (or anyone else that wanted to hang out that way). I'm now going from Thurs 9/11 - Mon 9/15.

I get back from Seattle Washington on the 11th, to tight... :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:23 am 

No worries - just throwing it out there. To play devil's advocate, you could *always* come later - certainly no need for you to be there that full duration. I'd be spending some extra time there with my friends that live in Vegas...

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:00 pm 

Plook wrote:

You'd make a hell of a politician. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:50 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
Plook wrote:

You'd make a hell of a politician. :mrgreen:

I am currently happy with my position, but will not shut the door to future endeavors I may or may not choose to evaluate... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:01 am 

Headed to San Jose, talk at ya all later... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:34 pm 

Just got back from San Jose, drive was not to bad... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:29 am 

I have to get my blood work done, no coffee...Aaaahhhh...and I need to get my Movie Star Hair cut, always a risky proposition... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:57 am 

Plook wrote:
I have to get my blood work done, no coffee...Aaaahhhh...and I need to get my Movie Star Hair cut, always a risky proposition... :mrgreen:

I'm sitting in the Doctor's office right now waiting to get some blood work done. Hopefully, my cholesterol is down from last time (April). I sure hope so. I've lost 30 lbs. since then. I weighed in at 199 this morning, the first time in probably seven years I've been under 200. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:08 am 

KUIII wrote:
Plook wrote:

I'm sitting in the Doctor's office right now waiting to get some blood work done. Hopefully, my cholesterol is down from last time (April). I sure hope so. I've lost 30 lbs. since then. I weighed in at 199 this morning, the first time in probably seven years I've been under 200. :)

Dam KU your kicking my ass on this weight loss thing, I stuck at 220, I need to get to 200, I've been working out and the daughters say that is why my weight is stuck...My money is on your blood work will come out good, mine did when I lost that first bunch of weight... :idea:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:09 pm 

Hippie-erectus

I guarantee you if they had a display in the National Museum it would be Kapt. Kiirk walking like a caveman giving a peace sign while smoking a joint, never a dull moment with this cat. The good Kaptian is a bit of a perpetual motion machine (KU quote) and we also introduced him to Blasters (Yeager Bombs) that weekend, it was Kapt.Kiirk squared…lol… :lol:

We got back to the Cottage and there is a hot tub on the deck and off with the clothes in he goes, he was living out of the hot tub the rest of the weekend like Kramer in a Sienfield episode…so funny… :mrgreen:

I passed out and heard tales of erectus wandering the grounds till the wee hours under the light of the mega full moon, which made two of those… :shock:

The next day we jammed about two days’ worth of shit into one day (that will be another story) we ended up at a bar drinking Micro-Brew beer and Fireballs. Kapt.Kiirk kicked KU’s ass on the shuffle board table and went on to beat me in a game of pool (and I’m a good shot!)…he is amazing!... :o

We end up back at the room and there was some talk of going out but Nic, KU, and I were cooked and decided to have a few drinks and stay in (The sunset there is worth it, spectacular comes to mind)... :idea:

While the Kapt. In his Blaster blast off mode was totally not wanting to hear that, the facility has bikes for the tenants to check out and he wanted me to get him a bike and I was saying theey put them up at night, but he made me call, same answer…. :P

He wasn’t taking no for an answer he wants to give them a $100 deposit to keep it over night and I said no way, he starts scurrying around the grounds looking for the bikes, I’m freaking out trying to rein him in…which I did not think was possible…but somehow I got him to follow some bread crumbs back down to the cottage… Oy vey… :smoke:

So back to the room off with the clothes and back in the hot tub, I crashed out early but I heard the night consisted of many trips into the hot tub and a naked adventure down on the beach…the Kapt. Makes it interesting… 8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:20 pm 

Plook wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Plook wrote:

Dam KU your kicking my ass on this weight loss thing, I stuck at 220, I need to get to 200, I've been working out and the daughters say that is why my weight is stuck...My money is on your blood work will come out good, mine did when I lost that first bunch of weight... :idea:

This probably wouldn't be the best time to tell y'all the most I have ever weighed in my life is 128. I am currently at 124. That certainly doesn't mean I'm healthy though, as we all know. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:46 pm 

Can we talk stones / lbs? I have no idea what kg I am. Between 60 and 300kg I guess, but about 13.5 stone defo.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:20 pm 

How tall are you Philo?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:33 pm 

Plook wrote:
Hippie-erectus

I guarantee you if they had a display in the National Museum it would be Kapt. Kiirk walking like a caveman giving a peace sign while smoking a joint, never a dull moment with this cat. The good Kaptian is a bit of a perpetual motion machine (KU quote) and we also introduced him to Blasters (Yeager Bombs) that weekend, it was Kapt.Kiirk squared…lol… :lol:

We got back to the Cottage and there is a hot tub on the deck and off with the clothes in he goes, he was living out of the hot tub the rest of the weekend like Kramer in a Sienfield episode…so funny… :mrgreen:

I passed out and heard tales of erectus wandering the grounds till the wee hours under the light of the mega full moon, which made two of those… :shock:

The next day we jammed about two days’ worth of shit into one day (that will be another story) we ended up at a bar drinking Micro-Brew beer and Fireballs. Kapt.Kiirk kicked KU’s ass on the shuffle board table and went on to beat me in a game of pool (and I’m a good shot!)…he is amazing!... :o

We end up back at the room and there was some talk of going out but Nic, KU, and I were cooked and decided to have a few drinks and stay in (The sunset there is worth it, spectacular comes to mind)... :idea:

While the Kapt. In his Blaster blast off mode was totally not wanting to hear that, the facility has bikes for the tenants to check out and he wanted me to get him a bike and I was saying theey put them up at night, but he made me call, same answer…. :P

He wasn’t taking no for an answer he wants to give them a $100 deposit to keep it over night and I said no way, he starts scurrying around the grounds looking for the bikes, I’m freaking out trying to rein him in…which I did not think was possible…but somehow I got him to follow some bread crumbs back down to the cottage… Oy vey… :smoke:

So back to the room off with the clothes and back in the hot tub, I crashed out early but I heard the night consisted of many trips into the hot tub and a naked adventure down on the beach…the Kapt. Makes it interesting… 8)

The Kaptain definitely keeps things interesting. Thanks again Plook for facilitating this adventure. I joke about your driving but I feel safe with you at the wheel. Thanks for the Art Gallery stop too. I like to think the cute girl in the shop was flirting with me a bit but that's probably just my ego running away with me. Anyway, it's nice to be out and enjoying life again. Thanks! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm 

Kap't sounds like he's hoarding the drugs!

Great story, Plook. When is he gonna start posting again?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 156  Next