Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 157  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:07 pm 

Two weeks home before I go to my old stomping grounds So Cal, I was planning on going to the concert Thursday, but i cracked a tooth and the dentist can't see me until 4:45 pm, there is nop way to make that show at Yoshi's... :x

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:35 pm 

Plook wrote:
Two weeks home before I go to my old stomping grounds So Cal, I was planning on going to the concert Thursday, but i cracked a tooth and the dentist can't see me until 4:45 pm, there is nop way to make that show at Yoshi's... :x

Does it hurt? Have you let KUII know yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:00 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

KU already canceled he has a youth basketball game, he may go to Petaluma, I don't think it will be possible for me to make any other shows... :x ... I ahave a lot of discomfort, I just don't want to chance it completely comming out an exposing the root.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:04 am 

Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

KU already canceled he has a youth basketball game, he may go to Petaluma, I don't think it will be possible for me to make any other shows... :x ... I ahave a lot of discomfort, I just don't want to chance it completely comming out an exposing the root.

Of course he did.Nobody tells me nothin until the last minute.If the show is good I might see them the next night in Petaluma too.I'll have to wait and see.Good luck with your tooth,I hope it's all right! {-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:37 am 

I was debating the Petaluma show, but the Daughter Plook the Younger has plans for a yard sale Saturday and getting her stuff out of my garage and I wouldn't miss that for anything!... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:10 pm 

Sorry I couldn't make it (the Grandmothers or the garage sale). I think I got another Zappa fan from up my way to go to the show though with the promise of meeting the legendary Plook, KK, and Cletus. Hopefully he'll at least get to meet KK and Cletus. Also not going to Petaluma (have you heard the news? - can't afford no shoes). Would have gone to Oakland though if I didn't have to work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:52 am 

Well I wanted to go real bad, but I feel so much better after seeing the dentist that I am stunned, this tooth must have been affecting my general welfare for some time because I feel great!

They X-rayed it and could not see anything, but the bite test showed something was wrong. They decided to remove and replace a filling that was probably from my teenage years at least (making it from the Jurassic period...lol), they got the filling out were prepping for the replace meant, he went in to do something and a large piece (about 30%) of the tooth came flying out. Turns out the crack (hairline) was in the tooth and not visible, they checked for any other hidden fractures and fixed me up.

I literally feel like the lion that had the splinter removed from his paw, my complete general well being is up, a lot! This is why I could never survive in the past or a post apocalyptic world, I requirer modern dentistry... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:43 am 

Plook wrote:
Well I wanted to go real bad, but I feel so much better after seeing the dentist that I am stunned, this tooth must have been affecting my general welfare for some time because I feel great!

They X-rayed it and could not see anything, but the bite test showed something was wrong. They decided to remove and replace a filling that was probably from my teenage years at least (making it from the Jurassic period...lol), they got the filling out were prepping for the replace meant, he went in to do something and a large piece (about 30%) of the tooth came flying out. Turns out the crack (hairline) was in the tooth and not visible, they checked for any other hidden fractures and fixed me up.

I literally feel like the lion that had the splinter removed from his paw, my complete general well being is up, a lot! This is why I could never survive in the past or a post apocalyptic world, I requirer modern dentistry... :smoke:

I also had some recent dental problems that sound somewhat similar. An ancient upper cap broke off on the 4th of July and in the same week a big chunk broke off a lower tooth that had been cracked and sensitive going on a couple years. I was gumming my food for awhile but they glued the cap back on last week. I'm awaiting approval on the lower from my insurance before they do any work. The dentist says it's gonna cost me close to $500.00 to fix the bottom tooth even with my insurance. It'll be worth it though. Your chompers are a pretty important body part.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:01 am 

Headed through California next week and the week after if anyone wants to hook up, Fresno, San Diego, Long Beach, Oxnard, and Orange & LA County...let me know... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:42 am 

Headed South, let me know if your in the area, other wise I will see ya all later... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:54 pm 

You're headed in the wrong direction Plook! Everybody knows that Butte County is where it's at.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:05 pm 

It sure wold be better than this drive, Im cooked!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:06 am 

Plook wrote:
It sure wold be better than this drive, Im cooked!

Cooking on gas, brother

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:08 pm 

I'm fried, going to bed... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:53 am 

I feel much better today, I played Golf after a long day of work and driving yesterday, that was one jammed packed day. But it was worth it Encinitis Ranch Golf Course is spectacular and the Ocean views and San Diego Valley views are something to behold. Well off to work...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:39 am 

Plook wrote:
I feel much better today, I played Golf after a long day of work and driving yesterday, that was one jammed packed day. But it was worth it Encinitis Ranch Golf Course is spectacular and the Ocean views and San Diego Valley views are something to behold. Well off to work...

Man, I haven't made it out to one game of golf this year - very jealous! :wink:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:12 am 

Golf? Are you settling into middle-age so easily, Plook? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:57 pm 

Caputh wrote:

I was on the Varsity Golf Team when I was a Freshmen in High School, brought up with a club in my hand, I wish I would not have stopped playing for 12 years...I have had a very active sports life at a high level, besides the usual youth Football, Baseball, Basketball, Adult League Basketball (serious shit there), golfing, Handball (professional level of play), Swimming, Running, Trail Running, Skateboard, Surfing, Water Ski, Wake Board, Free Climb, Mountain Bike, Distance Biking, Trail Running, and Twister...I was in Tri-athlete shape at 45 and smoked up too two packs a day...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:35 pm 

Plook wrote:
Caputh wrote:

I was on the Varsity Golf Team when I was a Freshmen in High School, brought up with a club in my hand, I wish I would not have stopped playing for 12 years...I have had a very active sports life at a high level, besides the usual youth Football, Baseball, Basketball, Adult League Basketball (serious shit there), golfing, Handball (professional level of play), Swimming, Running, Trail Running, Skateboard, Surfing, Water Ski, Wake Board, Free Climb, Mountain Bike, Distance Biking, Trail Running, and Twister...I was in Tri-athlete shape at 45 and smoked up too two packs a day...

Maybe you can get an endorsement deal promoting Nike cigarettes. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:40 pm 

KUIII wrote:

Just do it. :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:31 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
KUIII wrote:

I was thinking..."Green Cigarettes" all natural no additives, stay healthy go green... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:36 pm 

Plook wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:
KUIII wrote:

I was thinking..."Green Cigarettes" all natural no additives, stay healthy go green... :smoke:

Yeah, green cigarettes. That's the kind that Michael Phelps likes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:09 pm 

Had a mega day, that started yesterday...we are starting a huge build out of T-Mobile that includes 12,000 sites by Christmas all the auditors were on a call late yesterday and being told we were like Navy Seals until then, have a bag packed at all times and we would have to be ready to travel anywhere in the country at a moments notice. They handed out crazy assignments that they said could change at a moments notice, I was just dreading them calling my name...then I was told they needed to leave one person on Core full time and since I was the most productive auditor (over 30% ahead of my closest peer and completed nearly 300% of my yearly requirement) that would be my assignment (muted phone jumped for joy shouted to the roof tops)...Hit the road to North San Diego this morning completed 4 audits, trained 2 auditors, and performed coaching & mentoring with on site workforce...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:00 pm 

Plook wrote:
Had a mega day, that started yesterday...we are starting a huge build out of T-Mobile that includes 12,000 sites by Christmas all the auditors were on a call late yesterday and being told we were like Navy Seals until then, have a bag packed at all times and we would have to be ready to travel anywhere in the country at a moments notice. They handed out crazy assignments that they said could change at a moments notice, I was just dreading them calling my name...then I was told they needed to leave one person on Core full time and since I was the most productive auditor (over 30% ahead of my closest peer and completed nearly 300% of my yearly requirement) that would be my assignment (muted phone jumped for joy shouted to the roof tops)...Hit the road to North San Diego this morning completed 4 audits, trained 2 auditors, and performed coaching & mentoring with on site workforce...

I don't know what any of that means but congrats!! It's a pleasure knowing your royal plookness...and I mean that!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:43 am 

KUIII wrote:
Plook wrote:

I don't know what any of that means but congrats!! It's a pleasure knowing your royal plookness...and I mean that!

In a nut shell I get to continue to make my own schedule therefore controlling where I go and what I do, starting with getting to go to Chicago and see PIB's band in late September. I feel really bad for the other Auditors who will get bounced all over the country at a moments notice for the next 4 months, which is going to suck!

Also my productivity made me the obvious choice to stay with my normal process, sometimes busting your ass and being efficient pays off, it did this time...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 157  Next