Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 156  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 1261
Location: Ohio
Plook wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Plook wrote:
Sounds Good, I'm staying at the ALOFT near O'Hare... :smoke:


It's the one by the airport.... you know - 'cause we gotta get up early and fly outta here in the morning, ya know?



Exactly!... :mrgreen:


You're so professional! :D

_________________
Good writing is clear writing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
Heading back to the Home base this morning talk to you all later if all goes well...stay thirsty my friends... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
Made it home alive only to find out little Izzy came down with a lung infection, Mrs.Plook and the Daughter Plook the younger rushed her to urgent care and it was scary because of the amount of time, sense of urgancy on the part of doctors, and they brought in two specialists. She came over today and seems much better with her meds and breathing treatments. Dam I love that baby, I would die for her, it kills me to see something like that...
:cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:29 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13803
Location: From some place in this area...
I will be cheering for the baby's quick recovery!

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
I will be cheering for the baby's quick recovery!



She seems to be doing good, the meds have helped immediately and the Doctors stress keeping her hydrated so it is working so far, thanks Mr. GG!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
Headed to Chicago Tuesday and I am hoping to see Penguin in Bondage there and if anyone else is in that area let me know and maybe we can meet up... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
Made it to Chicago even though we had Tully Fog this morning in the Valley and I get to airport and the entire computer system was down line was at least 500 people long for one airline, pulled out 11/2 hours late, then the fog had us stuck for 20 or 30 on the tarmac, but I made it!

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
{-

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Did the pilot do a couple of loops over Neb.? Have a safe and fun flight back bro' Say hi to Penquin!..:mrgreen:



I think we are meeting up tomorrow, I will say howdy for ya... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15051
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Did the pilot do a couple of loops over Neb.? Have a safe and fun flight back bro' Say hi to Penquin!..:mrgreen:


What's that supposed to mean?

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
{-

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
Well I hooked up with PenguinInBondage and he's a very nice man, we ate at a nice Itilian place, then we came back to the ALOFT and had a couple beverages. I had a great time and good conversation, thanks for showing PIB!

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3300
Location: Chicago, IL
Plook wrote:
Well I hooked up with PenguinInBondage and he's a very nice man, we ate at a nice Itilian place, then we came back to the ALOFT and had a couple beverages. I had a great time and good conversation, thanks for showing PIB!

:smoke:


Well, I don't know if "hooked up with" is the best choice of words - ha! But yeah, good time indeed - thanks for the music tips Plook! You may have to "put those in writing for me" though. :wink:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Plook wrote:
Well I hooked up with PenguinInBondage and he's a very nice man, we ate at a nice Itilian place, then we came back to the ALOFT and had a couple beverages. I had a great time and good conversation, thanks for showing PIB!

:smoke:


Well, I don't know if "hooked up with" is the best choice of words - ha! But yeah, good time indeed - thanks for the music tips Plook! You may have to "put those in writing for me" though. :wink:



I see what you mean about saying hook-up we wouldn't want these Zappa people to get the wrong idea, not that anything is wrong with that. I got you covered for the music list, I have been running like a chicken with its head cut off all day, I will get it to you soon...and thanks for your CD's I will review them with all the enthusiasm of a Rolling Stone writer...

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3300
Location: Chicago, IL
Plook wrote:
I see what you mean about saying hook-up we wouldn't want these Zappa people to get the wrong idea, not that anything is wrong with that. I got you covered for the music list, I have been running like a chicken with its head cut off all day, I will get it to you soon...and thanks for your CD's I will review them with all the enthusiasm of a Rolling Stone writer...

:smoke:


Nice! Have a safe trip back home!

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15051
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Did the pilot do a couple of loops over Neb.? Have a safe and fun flight back bro' Say hi to Penquin!..:mrgreen:


What's that supposed to mean?

I would have thought you heard that story before.It was back in the 70's a TWA pilot announced over the intercom the usual stuff and I guess he left the mike on and the pasengers heard "We'll be doing a couple of loops over Neb. for your fun and entertainment" and then hysterical laughter.The silly stoned kind. This seemed to upset some of the passengers......they complained and the story got stretched and he was known as the stoned pilot.He probably started them thinking of drug testing back then! Around '72-'73 I think. :wink:


Oh, I'm not near as old as you.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5947
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
It's good to see positive real life meetings between ordinarily remotely separated Zappa fans. I met up with Microdot in the UK last Christmas when I was there on holiday and it was more than worth the effort. A pretty rare event for me though. I nearly met up with Bernie in Sydney once and given how long I was there I regret not having managed a meeting or two with him. I'm in touch with a couple of Zappa fans here in Adelaide, but they're either friends or relatives. I've not come across anyone from Adelaide on this forum.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
Yes I thought I should take advantage of my constant traveling to attempt to meet forum members, which was a result of meeting some exceptionally good people from the forum here in California (KU, KK, Cletus and their friends) and also knowing someone from Oregon who I found to be very generous. I have come to the conclusion after meeting punknaynowned and PenguinInBondage, that the Zappa Forum members are very nice, very talented, and very smart. I truly feel I am in a group that aside from my adventure sport lifestyle history I am at the bottom tier when it comes to some of the other things I mention, I found it to be a very humbling experience, yet stimulating and motivating. I encourage any members that live in city's I am visiting to contact me when I list them, I have never had a bad experience meeting anyone and I don't believe the people I have met have had nothing but a good time.

Next up Dallas Texas 12/13-16

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 772
Location: Atlanta
If you ever end up in the southeast I'd look forward to meeting up. The idea of meeting fellow Zappa fans with nothing more than the knowledge obtained on this forum sounds intriguing.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
{-

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 772
Location: Atlanta
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
duchamp wrote:
If you ever end up in the southeast I'd look forward to meeting up. The idea of meeting fellow Zappa fans with nothing more than the knowledge obtained on this forum sounds intriguing.

Yeah,all we learned about FZ we learned here at Zappa.com.How'd we know to come here then? :wink: :mrgreen:
BTW How many times did you see FZ?


I am unsure if you are trying to make some sort of insulting statement or not. If I was vague my intent was to state the fact that the idea of connecting with another human being based solely on the impression they have given me of themself on this site sounded interesting. I certainly was not trying to imply anyone here only learned about Frank from this site. I did not realize I needed to pull out my "I went to X number of shows cool card" to make a post that would live up to your strict standards.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
duchamp wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
duchamp wrote:
If you ever end up in the southeast I'd look forward to meeting up. The idea of meeting fellow Zappa fans with nothing more than the knowledge obtained on this forum sounds intriguing.

Yeah,all we learned about FZ we learned here at Zappa.com.How'd we know to come here then? :wink: :mrgreen:
BTW How many times did you see FZ?


I am unsure if you are trying to make some sort of insulting statement or not. If I was vague my intent was to state the fact that the idea of connecting with another human being based solely on the impression they have given me of themself on this site sounded interesting. I certainly was not trying to imply anyone here only learned about Frank from this site. I did not realize I needed to pull out my "I went to X number of shows cool card" to make a post that would live up to your strict standards.


Don't sweet it duchamp the good Kapt. has been hanging around those Occuppy whatever things so much i think the pepper spray has gone to his head...he is actually a cool cat, the first forum member i met in person and a good friend that has been to my house and if you pass the Mrs.Plook test your OK...

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
{-

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 772
Location: Atlanta
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
It was funny to me. It sounded like this is where we get all our FZ info.(no Zappateers here) "No problem it didn't cause a murder".~FZ. So did you see FZ or DZpZ? Just asking,oppossed to probing with tweezers. 8)


No I agree. Taking a moment to look at what I wrote from an outside perspective I could also find it rather humorous as well. I tip my hat to you. As for shows I must sadly admit to my age of 35. I graduated high school the year Zappa was born. I was a very big fan but you can probably imagine I only knew one or two others who even knew who the man was, and it wasn't until a few years later that I got into his classical works. By the time I was old enough to see him, he was performing works beyond my ability to appreciate it (Yellow Shark when I was 16 :| ) or dead (when I was 18). I now greatly regret the year and place of my birth which gave little opportunity to actually see the man.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
duchamp wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
It was funny to me. It sounded like this is where we get all our FZ info.(no Zappateers here) "No problem it didn't cause a murder".~FZ. So did you see FZ or DZpZ? Just asking,oppossed to probing with tweezers. 8)


No I agree. Taking a moment to look at what I wrote from an outside perspective I could also find it rather humorous as well. I tip my hat to you. As for shows I must sadly admit to my age of 35. I graduated high school the year Zappa was born. I was a very big fan but you can probably imagine I only knew one or two others who even knew who the man was, and it wasn't until a few years later that I got into his classical works. By the time I was old enough to see him, he was performing works beyond my ability to appreciate it (Yellow Shark when I was 16 :| ) or dead (when I was 18). I now greatly regret the year and place of my birth which gave little opportunity to actually see the man.



Number of times you have seen him is irrelevant as I found from people like PenguinInBondage, he is so knowledgeable and made a sort of hobby out of seeing and meeting so many of the people associated with FZ, that I would say his knowledge of the music is greater than mine and I saw FZ 4 times. As I told PIB I now only wish I had a greater appreciation of what I was seeing at the time.

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 156  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group