Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:12 am 

Rockline 1/11/12 Dweezil Zappa, Gail Zappa & Joe Travers
http://www.rocklineradio.com/replay/replay.php
(Stream Pending Website Update)

Dweezil, Gail & Joe appeared on ROCKLINE yesterday talking about Frank Zappa Carnegie Hall, Dweezil Zappa's DZPZ upcoming West Coast Tour, that will include 60s,70s & 80s FZ material(with a noted weight on the 60s), new Dweezil Zappa FOH projects and some interesting things on the way from the Zappa Vaults. No need to give all the surprises away, but I will lead with a cheer!

Of note Gail had mentioned that by the end of 2012 they have a goal to reach 100 Official releases. With the counter currently at 91, if her goals are reached we can look forward to 9 more releases this year. As I have mentioned on quite a few occasions Gail confirmed a New Project Series . While she did not clarify what that would be by my guesstimate I continue to suspect new projects in the Zappa Official Digital Download domain. Maybe some form of new Live Shows Series? I keep connecting all the dots of the Roxy Era, the previous tour in Europe up to KCETV, something that ties it all together, and this thought could be only one scope within whatever this new concept series is all about? Just my imagination folks and regardless of my target skills I am sure plenty of fans around here have their cackling hen icing anointment utensils ready to get all negative about it .

With so much to be optimistic, I continue to look forward, backwards and in the present, I saw it fitting during the show yesterday evening to project myself in the persona of that "Really Little Voice" and start a "Hootenanny! I specifically kept it simple but any of us fans that dig deep within the conceptual continuity we can excavate the canon, looking at Divan, how the composer chiseled away where we saw concept development move forward in One Size Fits All & Joe's Garage. Signing off from the conceptual land of LeFrak City. They are celebrating 50 years there, I can only wonder when the LeFrak City project development was created 50 years ago if Mr. LeFrak though he was creating the new Garden of Eden. That form of New Amnerika was the downtrend. FZs Poetry is always decades ahead of it's time.

Take it away FZ

"Nifty, spiffy, boss and tough
Sure of that and got enough"

Unfortunately this forum seems to be lacking Cheerleader support. While I am humbled by official views of my support it would help if more fans get up and Cheer.

"We've got the team that's on the beam
And really hot to the jive
Come on, pukers,
Eat 'em alive!"

Streams of the show are made available for a two week period after broadcast.
This was one fine moment in time where the levers against FZs music was removed.

Music Is The Best!....However Denied, Whenever It's Tried, A Lever Is Never Forever" - FZ

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 am 

Huzzah! Thanks, Trendy.

Zappa music and much, much MOO-AH!
www.FestivalMoo-AH.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:58 am 

Cackle, cackle, cackleberry
Wear a skirt and cheer like Gary
Paint your nose up really brown
Whip it out and party down

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:01 pm 

ahahahahahahahahahahaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:13 pm 

The first fucking caller was Trendy,who Rockline apoligized to DZ & GZ for letting him slip through. Dweezil-"He's a long time fan and first time caller." He didn't even ask a question.Just wanted to be on.Fucking stalker. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:14 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
The first fucking caller was Trendy,who Rockline apoligized to DZ & GZ for letting him slip through. Dweezil-"He's a long time fan and first time caller." He didn't even ask a question.Just wanted to be on.Fucking stalker. :roll:

You seem to be clueless as to what went down as you were finding a station to listen to the program live. I wanted to be kind to the producer of the show then and I want to remain kind to him now, I don't want to give the intent that he was as clueless as you. 1 1/2 hours into the show he knew where he was and you seemed to be searching fro a show that should take 2 minutes to find. I spoke to him quite a bit before going on air and gave him a general explanation of the question. He clearly understood the concept but my choice was not to develop the concept and let it stand on it's own design. He made an implication where he still wanted to know what my question was after I already asked the question. I purposely kept it simple and asked no further questions, playing the persona of the "Really Little Voice" from Lumpy Money , clearly the question was "Can we have a Hootenanny?" where I remained in the persona played by FZs dialog in "Really Little Voice". I clearly introduced myself as the "Really Little Voice". Dweezil knew 100% what was going on, he was very supportive. I could easily have kept going with questions regarding Divan in Carnegie Hall and how Frank as a composer chiseled at works from within Divan where they appeared on One Size Fits All and YCDTOSA Vol 1. Kapt.Kirk is in a garden. Simply put I just wanted to start a Hootenanny. Many fans that breathe of negativity are clueless when it comes to that. Some can not even find a radio station on the internet.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:04 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

You seem to be clueless as to what went down as you were finding a station to listen to the program live. I wanted to be kind to the producer of the show then and I want to remain kind to him now, I don't want to give the intent that he was as clueless as you. 1 1/2 hours into the show he knew where he was and you seemed to be searching fro a show that should take 2 minutes to find. I spoke to him quite a bit before going on air and gave him a general explanation of the question. He clearly understood the concept but my choice was not to develop the concept and let it stand on it's own design. He made an implication where he still wanted to know what my question was after I already asked the question. I purposely kept it simple and asked no further questions, playing the persona of the "Really Little Voice" from Lumpy Money , clearly the question was "Can we have a Hootenanny?" where I remained in the persona played by FZs dialog in "Really Little Voice". I clearly introduced myself as the "Really Little Voice". Dweezil knew 100% what was going on, he was very supportive. I could easily have kept going with questions regarding Divan in Carnegie Hall and how Frank as a composer chiseled at works from within Divan where they appeared on One Size Fits All and YCDTOSA Vol 1. Kapt.Kirk is in a garden. Simply put I just wanted to start a Hootenanny. Many fans that breathe of negativity are clueless when it comes to that. Some can not even find a radio station on the internet.

What percentage of people listening would understand this? And what does it do for the selling of FZ product? If you want to portray Frank as a serious artist, what exactly did you accomplish? Do you think the average listener who heard you would think anything other than "What the fuck?" Or were you just speaking to the 10 percent of diehards that would get what you were doing? Maybe you better look at yourself when it comes to negativity.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:13 pm 

Dweezil also mentioned that besides Thunes playing with ZPZ on all nine dates in February, that there'll be a special guest guitarist at some of the Southern Californian shows that month. He wouldn't say who, but he said it was one of Frank's favourite musicians.

Well, I just checked Dweezil's site and it said that it's Allan Holdsworth. He'll be playing with ZPZ at the Anaheim show on the 14th and Agoura Hills show on the 19th! :twisted:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:02 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

You came off as someone from a nightmare version of "This is You Life" Dweezil & Gail Zappa.I'm sure your one of their favs,right up there with Don Preston.You asked no questions and the whole thing is on Rockline Archives for 2 weeks for all to judge for themselves.BTW There was no Cosmic Debri between you and DZ and to say so is just plain silly stalker fantasy talk.Hell,I fell asleep half-way through your last post man.Do you really think the multitudes or the Zappa family are getting you Gary? :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:28 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Gary, you are so inside man. So inside. What's it look and smell like in there?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:53 pm 

Having just listened to that part of the show, this is yet another embarrassing testament to add to the Letterman shorts incident. I for one do not understand how someone can embarrass themselves in public that way and yet be proud of it. Does he not hear/get what they're saying about him? Truly sad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:40 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Having just listened to that part of the show, this is yet another embarrassing testament to add to the Letterman shorts incident. I for one do not understand how someone can embarrass themselves in public that way and yet be proud of it. Does he not hear/get what they're saying about him? Truly sad.

Once Ti-tone got on air,he lost it.He can't and never will be,"In The Moment" so to speak.From Letterman to Rockline....WAH,wah,wah,wah.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:53 pm 
Banned

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
polydigm wrote:

Once Ti-tone got on air,he lost it.He can't and never will be,"In The Moment" so to speak.From Letterman to Rockline....WAH,wah,wah,wah.

I like the word Hootenanny!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:20 pm 

Funny how each post I make is followed by:This post was made by Apotheosis who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

I'm sure it's very entertaining for all the left reasons,or not. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:32 pm 
Banned

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Funny how each post I make is followed by:This post was made by Apotheosis who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

I'm sure it's very entertaining for all the left reasons,or not. :mrgreen:

Well Heck :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:55 am 

Trouble Comin' Everyday (featured in this radio interview) could easily be the theme song of the contemporary Occupy Wall Street movement.

Income inequality and social mobility are so much worse than it was in 1965.

When I engage young people I apologize for what my generation has wrought on their futures, both economically and global climate change.

The top .1% earn in 90 minutes approximately what I earn in a year, and my income is a wee bit below average for American households.

-90% Jimmy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:35 pm 

Most embarrassing call on Rockline ever -- epic fail. Expected imperfection. One of NYC's finest delusional nutbags.
Jesus wept.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:21 pm 

Awrite, so I listened to this thing, Trendy, ya really gotta learn to communicate. You didn't ask, you didn't state, you awkwardly interjected. You made no sense, and yes I understand the references. You did this to tweezers the other day by grabbing a slightly relevent FZ reference and expecting everyone to say "Hey, look! Gary uttered an FZ reference!" But, the point of references is that they fit in with the current conversation in order to elevate the conversation and you rarely do that. When you were on Rockline there was obviously UNCOMFORTABLE LAUGHTER among those on the air.
Other notes...
DZ suspects that FZ would have written a couple film scores were he alive. I disagree wholeheartedly. So much that I can't think of a reason why he would do that.
The Dynaflanger info - Could have been a great turn in the conversation for technologically-oriented people or guitarists, but blathered into DZ's passion for "recreation" of FZ sounds. Missed opportunity.
The special rate for A Capella groups - Really? Other than The Persuasions how many are there out there looking to perform FZ music? Even without FZ, there's still not many of them. Weird thing that she proposes. Then funny how the host talks about how expensive performing other people's music can be, which, being an interesting point of conversation, gets deflected.
Maybe I've missed the announcement, but it sounds like DZ is saying that Jeff Beck will be on the West Coast tour. Correct?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:45 pm 
Banned

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Maybe I've missed the announcement, but it sounds like DZ is saying that Jeff Beck will be on the West Coast tour. Correct?

Dweezil
by Dweezil wrote on Jan 7, 2012 at 01:56 PM
Dweezil's Blog Posts

Hi Everyone,

I'm really excited and had to share the news. I just spoke to a friend of mine about joining us on stage for a special appearance in February.

He's one of my top favorite guitarists and probably ranked among most guitarists top favorite guitarists because we wonder how he does what he does.

It will be a thrill for me to have him join us. This surprise has a chance to take place in Anaheim or Agoura Hills - or both!

Feel free to make a guess as to who it might be!

DZ

UPDATE: THE ANSWER IS ALLAN HOLDSWORTH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:48 pm 

Thanx Manx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:52 pm 

DZ suspects that FZ would have written a couple film scores were he alive. I disagree wholeheartedly. So much that I can't think of a reason why he would do that.
, but it sounds like DZ is saying that Jeff Beck will be on the West Coast tour. Correct?

Arkay,point 1,wasn't studio Z Franks dream of writing/producing music for movies,ect?
Point 2,on DZW they say it's Allen Holdsworth(?),not JB. Other than that,thumbs up review bro..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:06 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
, but it sounds like DZ is saying that Jeff Beck will be on the West Coast tour. Correct?

Arkay,point 1,wasn't studio Z Franks dream of writing/producing music for movies,ect?
Point 2,on DZW they say it's Allen Holdsworth(?),not JB. Other than that,thumbs up review bro..

On Point 2, yep, all caught up there.
On Point 1... Writing/Producing Movies, OK. But, in the interview DZ makes a remark that he would be scoring movies, as in other people's movies. While FZ was glad to do that way back in his early days in order to pay the bills, I can't possibly imagine him in his later years listening to some director give him directions as to setting up the drama of a scene of someone else's vision.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:27 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

On Point 2, yep, all caught up there.
On Point 1... Writing/Producing Movies, OK. But, in the interview DZ makes a remark that he would be scoring movies, as in other people's movies. While FZ was glad to do that way back in his early days in order to pay the bills, I can't possibly imagine him in his later years listening to some director give him directions as to setting up the drama of a scene of someone else's vision.

I agree about the writing/producing and only meant that FZ would score his own movies.Now I have this vision of Frank editing a track into a part of film with some suit standing over him saying" Frank we want it more poppy and catchy right there!" :roll: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:07 am 

Okay, not actually a movie, but what about Outrage At Valdez?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:26 am 

Good point polydigm.