Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:55 pm 

Quote:
http://www.beefheart.com/datharp/albums/mbmembers/estrada.htm

it's a link at the bottom of his wikipedia page. do you know how to use the internet?

Actually yes, I do. However, I must assume that YOU do not understand the English language. As you can see, in my original post, I asked for a a list of the actual tracks he sang or played on. The link you posted shows the ALBUMS he played on, but does NOT show the actual tracks he was on, on each of those albums. Knowing he played on an album does NOT tell me which tracks he sang on, or played on.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:13 pm 

duchamp wrote:
Knowing he played on an album does NOT tell me which tracks he sang on, or played on.

Try Information Is Not Knowledge

Some albums have a lot of track by track detail, others not so much, but it's a good site.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:15 pm 

manichispanic wrote:
don't forget nappy murphy brock. he's on the sex offenders list too

I believe that was an underage,but willing girl.She just wasn't 18 and I thought it was her dad that pressed charges.Not her.Just because your on that list doesn't make you a child molester,it only means you were convicted of a crime of sexual nature.Like pissing on a tree in public will get you on that list.They really should have a seperate place for the real sex fiends that stalk and have sex with innocent children.
Roy was one of my favorite Mothers as he seemed to take FZ's antics to a whole new level,like stated above about Baby Snakes.Crazy as a genius or an almost insane eccentric artist.None of that matters now,he's a fucking menace to society.Period.If he hadn't played with Frank Zappa this story would of been buried back by the Obits,where Roy will be soon.Good bye short eyes. :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:18 pm 

It is absoluteley simple: it is just hard to accept that an artist, musician,... also can be a criminal, insane, nazi or whatever other kind of asshole. Maybe this whole shit tells us more about the behaviour of fans and audiences than about crimes and insanity. Guess, everybody of us has the habit to create some ideal image of his favourite artist, composer, musician and so on. As long as these people are far away and u don't know 2 much about them, everything is fine. But then u find out that he rapes childs and u won't enjoy the MOI anymore. Aint that ridiculous? Maybe the ZFT can create some new businessmodel out of it: The REFE of every album (Roy Estrada free edition).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:48 pm 

Does this mean they'll start labelling some Zappa albums with a "Warning: Contains Child Molester!" sticker??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:58 pm 

I thought about removing him in an audible way, for example by adding some censortype noise, whenever he is heard on the original version. Of course not everybody would enjoy the REFE-Version, but there are still enough insane completists out there 2 buy it anyway :wink:
But seriously: At least the only good thing about it could be, that the 80s Versions of money and ruben now gain more attention again. (Sorry, forgot, his voice is still on them anyway, but sureley less percentage of Estrada-infection)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:39 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Does this mean they'll start labelling some Zappa albums with a "Warning: Contains Child Molester!" sticker??

Makes one wonder about the last side of Freak Out! "The Return Of the Monster Magnets"(Unfinished Ballet In Two Tableaus)The 1st tableau is called:Ritual Dance Of The Child Killers.
Did FZ know? Was Estrada's sexual preferences infuenced by a need to please FZ? Hell,you could play the why and what if,or what about,game forever with Franks lyrics.Something in his (Estrada) human being makeup was defunct and he is one sick mother f.It's just so sad that we can't detect this emerging sick monster in adults before they can get there hands on a child. :evil:
Edit: As far as not listening to those albums he was on,thats plain hogwash.He was a musician that FZ hired for a job.It would be akin to living in Sausalito,working in SF,and then driving around the Golden Gate bridge all the time just because one of the workers was a child molester. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:11 pm 

I didn't mean to imply in my post that FZ caused these things, but he did certainly seek out and hang around people who were, well, strange. He had an edgy unsavory rep and played on that to get his music heard. It's no wondered that many people associated with him did some nasty strange things. I used to appreciate that bizarre wierdness, but not so much any more. You have to understand this bizarre wierdness in order to enjoy things like Uncle Meat, Burnt Weeny Sandwich (the movie) and Baby Snakes. Also, sometimes creativity goes along with eccentric behavior (at the least!). I get that from personal experience. Even though the bizarreness is less attractive to me, I still like the music, though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:23 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
As far as not listening to those albums he was on,thats plain hogwash.He was a musician that FZ hired for a job.It would be akin to living in Sausalito,working in SF,and then driving around the Golden Gate bridge all the time just because one of the workers was a child molester. :roll:

Don't dismiss it too lightly. When the director of the movie "Jeepers Creepers" was arrested for child molestation, a big cry went out to boycott the movie. Never mind that a movie is also made by a cast of actors, writers, assistant directors, camera people, technitions, etc., there are people who would make them suffer (financially, if not artistically) for the sins of 1 person.
That is the main reason that it is unfortunate Frank's (and the other Mothers) names were drawn into the Estrada news release.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:15 pm 

duchamp wrote:
Quote:

it's a link at the bottom of his wikipedia page. do you know how to use the internet?

Actually yes, I do. However, I must assume that YOU do not understand the English language. As you can see, in my original post, I asked for a a list of the actual tracks he sang or played on. The link you posted shows the ALBUMS he played on, but does NOT show the actual tracks he was on, on each of those albums. Knowing he played on an album does NOT tell me which tracks he sang on, or played on.

he's the bass player. he plays bass on the albums. estrada and JCB were the only members in the band from start to finish. he plays all the bass on the mother's albums

A '55 Chevy that his brother just stoled

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:30 am 

just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
As far as not listening to those albums he was on,thats plain hogwash.He was a musician that FZ hired for a job.It would be akin to living in Sausalito,working in SF,and then driving around the Golden Gate bridge all the time just because one of the workers was a child molester. :roll:

Don't dismiss it too lightly. When the director of the movie "Jeepers Creepers" was arrested for child molestation, a big cry went out to boycott the movie. Never mind that a movie is also made by a cast of actors, writers, assistant directors, camera people, technitions, etc., there are people who would make them suffer (financially, if not artistically) for the sins of 1 person.
That is the main reason that it is unfortunate Frank's (and the other Mothers) names were drawn into the Estrada news release.

I agree,but it still makes me angry that there are so many "sheeple" out there that buy into the corperate media lies about Zappa.He even said on air that the first names of his kids wasn't going to be their big hurdle,it was their last name.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:37 am 

manichispanic wrote:
duchamp wrote:
Quote:

he's the bass player. he plays bass on the albums. estrada and JCB were the only members in the band from start to finish. he plays all the bass on the mother's albums

That answers about half of the question. However, if you look at the link you posted, you will see that he also appeared on several other albums, and that he did not play ALL the bass on every track on all of those albums. It also does NOTHING to answer which songs his VOICE appears on, which was a key part of the original question.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 am 

@ duchamp: This forum is not a commercial pay-site where anybody is on duty to give you information or answer your questions on demand.

Be nice or stay away and don't herass people.

Thinman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:19 am 

This sucks big time, and I really wish he hadn't done it! Roy was/is a unique individual artist - too bad the downside is so gross... The Grandmothers said Roy had "retired from the music business". Indeed. A Great Player Goes Down :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:13 am 

Thinman wrote:
@ duchamp: This forum is not a commercial pay-site where anybody is on duty to give you information or answer your questions on demand.

Thinman

:mrgreen: You are funny. I asked a simple question, and was given a smartass reply: "Wikipedia". I then was asked an insulting question "do you know how to use the internet?" But somehow, you translated that to be ME harassing HIM? You're silly.

As for the pay portion, is it your opinion that no one should come to a Zappa site to ask questions they have from others who might have information related to Zappa in some way? Just curious. Also, if you know of some sort of pay site where I could obtain this information please do share. Or am I not allowed to ask that either?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:40 am 

duchamp wrote:
... You are funny. I asked a simple question,...

guess, poly answered it already the best possible way:
polydigm wrote:
Try Information Is Not Knowledge

Some albums have a lot of track by track detail, others not so much, but it's a good site.

If u don't find any information there about the participation of one special musician in one special song, u probably won't find it anywhere.
by the way: nice nickname. the real Duchamp was one of the really big ones :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:43 am 

I'm going to go transcribe the bass line during the love making section of "Brown Shoes Don't Make It" then punch myself in the face.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:51 pm 

duchamp wrote:
Thinman wrote:

Thinman

:mrgreen: You are funny. I asked a simple question, and was given a smartass reply: "Wikipedia". I then was asked an insulting question "do you know how to use the internet?" But somehow, you translated that to be ME harassing HIM? You're silly.

As for the pay portion, is it your opinion that no one should come to a Zappa site to ask questions they have from others who might have information related to Zappa in some way? Just curious. Also, if you know of some sort of pay site where I could obtain this information please do share. Or am I not allowed to ask that either?

It's also a nice way to start a conversation. Since the internet it has become more difficult to get a conversation going, because everyone could just google whatever is being talked about. It seems like social humans are going to die out in the not too distant future.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:38 pm 

sabrinaIII wrote:
duchamp wrote:
Thinman wrote:

Thinman

It's also a nice way to start a conversation. Since the internet it has become more difficult to get a conversation going, because everyone could just google whatever is being talked about. It seems like social humans are going to die out in the not too distant future.

I concur (I can dig it),it seems when I ask a question I am almost always referred to a link.Ask a question that can be answered off the top of anyones head,no one will tell you and instead refer you to a link.Is this all due to "plausable deniability" paranoia? :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:02 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
duchamp wrote:
Thinman wrote:

Thinman

I concur (I can dig it),it seems when I ask a question I am almost always referred to a link.Ask a question that can be answered off the top of anyones head,no one will tell you and instead refer you to a link.Is this all due to "plausable deniability" paranoia? :wink: :mrgreen:

That's the modern protocol.
1: Ask a question.
2: Get an answer.
3: Demand proof of that answer.
4: Get a link to an article.
5: Point out the article's author supports a different political party than you, therefore it must wrong, wrong, wrong!
6: Tell the person who was nice enough to answer you that they are an asshole for believing that shit.
7: Start a name-calling contest.
8: Put each other on ignore.
9: Continue responding to each others comments.
10: Ask a different question.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:27 pm 

It's fucking sad. I was so glad to see Roy with the Grande Mothers last year on stage. He did all the funny noises I only knew from the old Mothers albums. Since I don't know shit about the lawsuit, I decline to comment on his guiltiness.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:00 pm 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
It's fucking sad. I was so glad to see Roy with the Grande Mothers last year on stage. He did all the funny noises I only knew from the old Mothers albums. Since I don't know shit about the lawsuit, I decline to comment on his guiltiness.

That's a done deal,the ZFT lost on all but one minor point.So how about a review? I never saw The Grande Mothers and always wondered what their concerts were like.The songs,antics,players,ect.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:11 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:

That's a done deal,the ZFT lost on all but one minor point.So how about a review? I never saw The Grande Mothers and always wondered what their concerts were like.The songs,antics,players,ect.

Lots of questions, I posted a review with pics here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12187&start=650

Saw them a few weeks ago again with Tom Fowler on bass.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:15 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
That's the modern protocol.
1: Ask a question.
2: Get an answer.
3: Demand proof of that answer.
4: Get a link to an article.
5: Point out the article's author supports a different political party than you, therefore it must wrong, wrong, wrong!
6: Tell the person who was nice enough to answer you that they are an asshole for believing that shit.
7: Start a name-calling contest.
8: Put each other on ignore.
9: Continue responding to each others comments.
10: Ask a different question.

El Bummo!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:36 pm 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:

Lots of questions, I posted a review with pics here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12187&start=650

Saw them a few weeks ago again with Tom Fowler on bass.

Thanks Fritz,good stuff,the review and I love NMB's antics but strolling down and looking at big eared Roy in his unpressed khakis,is kinda hard/weird now,ya know what I mean? Oh well,it's now delt with and in the past.... :cry: (as Freak Out! plays in the bacground) :|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next