Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:04 pm 

zackpassman wrote:
I'm going to go transcribe the bass line during the love making section of "Brown Shoes Don't Make It" then punch myself in the face.
I'm not sure who "thinks" they're funny around here, but in the midst of all this bewilderment, this is hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:09 pm 

ursinator wrote:
duchamp wrote:
... You are funny. I asked a simple question,...
guess, poly answered it already the best possible way:
polydigm wrote:
Try Information Is Not Knowledge. Some albums have a lot of track by track detail, others not so much, but it's a good site.
If u don't find any information there about the participation of one special musician in one special song, u probably won't find it anywhere.
Thanks mate, I'm beginning to think this forum is in Managua.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:55 pm 

polydigm wrote:
ursinator wrote:
duchamp wrote:
... You are funny. I asked a simple question,...
guess, poly answered it already the best possible way:
polydigm wrote:
Try Information Is Not Knowledge. Some albums have a lot of track by track detail, others not so much, but it's a good site.
If u don't find any information there about the participation of one special musician in one special song, u probably won't find it anywhere.
Thanks mate, I'm beginning to think this forum is in Managua.

I think that's where they all went Poly,following some long winded individual uber Zappa fan that might be on sabatical/Hootnanny down there right now! Thats a good and positive thing ......right? :lol:
Either that or it's friday night and they just got paid,gassed up their 88's*,their heart says go-go have a time,cause it's friday night and baby they feel fine! Or not. :mrgreen:
The Infomation Is Not Knowledge is a good site Poly. :wink:

*Price per gallon just jumped over $4.00 to $4.21 average in California.It was at $3.89 PG.A 40 cent jumb,jaysus,what's the cause or reason? I think we're filling up our reserves,which means being prepared for another war.Mark my words Poly,within the next year we'll be "involved" somewhere else as we stalemate in the quagmire of Afghanistan like every other conquering hero has before. :roll:
Edit:I really hope I'm wrong about that!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:50 pm 

duchamp wrote:
Thinman wrote:
@ duchamp: This forum is not a commercial pay-site where anybody is on duty to give you information or answer your questions on demand.

Be nice or stay away and don't herass people.

Thinman

:mrgreen: You are funny. I asked a simple question, and was given a smartass reply: "Wikipedia". I then was asked an insulting question "do you know how to use the internet?" But somehow, you translated that to be ME harassing HIM? You're silly.

As for the pay portion, is it your opinion that no one should come to a Zappa site to ask questions they have from others who might have information related to Zappa in some way? Just curious. Also, if you know of some sort of pay site where I could obtain this information please do share. Or am I not allowed to ask that either?

if i hurt your feelings, wait till Jaypfunk gets ahold of you. that'll make your head explode :P

A '55 Chevy that his brother just stoled

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:10 am 

well, who's gonna be his pen pal?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:02 am 

manichispanic wrote:
duchamp wrote:
Thinman wrote:
@ duchamp: This forum is not a commercial pay-site where anybody is on duty to give you information or answer your questions on demand.

Be nice or stay away and don't herass people.

Thinman

:mrgreen: You are funny. I asked a simple question, and was given a smartass reply: "Wikipedia". I then was asked an insulting question "do you know how to use the internet?" But somehow, you translated that to be ME harassing HIM? You're silly.

As for the pay portion, is it your opinion that no one should come to a Zappa site to ask questions they have from others who might have information related to Zappa in some way? Just curious. Also, if you know of some sort of pay site where I could obtain this information please do share. Or am I not allowed to ask that either?

if i hurt your feelings, wait till Jaypfunk gets ahold of you. that'll make your head explode :P

Ah, the classic passive/aggressive response when one realizes they no longer have a leg to stand on. How very cliche. I expected more somehow. Oh well, I bid you good day. /tiphat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:06 am 

duchamp wrote:
Ah, the classic passive/aggressive response when one realizes they no longer have a leg to stand on. How very cliche. I expected more somehow. Oh well, I bid you good day. /tiphat

nice :smoke: :smoke: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:26 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
*Price per gallon just jumped over $4.00 to $4.21 average in California.It was at $3.89 PG.A 40 cent jumb,jaysus,what's the cause or reason? I think we're filling up our reserves,which means being prepared for another war.Mark my words Poly,within the next year we'll be "involved" somewhere else as we stalemate in the quagmire of Afghanistan like every other conquering hero has before. :roll:

Tsk tsk American babies... your gas price is currently 71 eurocents per litre. Here it's 1 euro 80.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:27 am 

duchamp wrote:
… I asked a simple question, and was given a smartass reply: "Wikipedia". I then was asked an insulting question "do you know how to use the internet?" …

Did you ever consider the possibilty that the answer to your "simple" question might be a little more complicated? There is official information who is playing on the albums (liner notes, etc.). Then there is additional information researched by other people (there is a guy named John Balkin playing bass on some tracks of the early Mothers albums). And there might be speculations about uncredited studio musicians (Carol Kaye) and other group members (FZ himself?) that could have played bass on some tracks.

How simple should it be in your understanding of the world? Should someone else do the work for you to collect all this information together?

So be nice next time and someone might do you a favour and research, collect, put together the information and deliver it to you in finished form.

Thinman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:35 am 

brainpang wrote:

I would, if I wasn't too old for him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:39 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
brainpang wrote:

I would, if I wasn't too old for him.

ouch! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:43 pm 

Well, let's get down to the important stuff....is Estrada a Republican, or a Democrat?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:41 pm 

Neither nor - Since 25years for a person in his age means the same as death penalty, he may be considered as a pachuco cadaver?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:11 pm 

BBP wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Tsk tsk American babies... your gas price is currently 71 eurocents per litre. Here it's 1 euro 80.

I know y'all got it worse,gas price wise. :wink: I was more concerned with the sharp spike in price,for no reasonable reason other than preparing for war.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:56 am 

Q: How can you tell if Roy Estrada has a hot date?
A: There's a big wheel parked outside his house.

Q: Why does Roy Estrada like twenty eight year olds?
A: Because there are twenty of them.

Q: Who does Roy Estrada consider a Perfect "10"?
A: Two 5 year olds.

Q: What did Roy Estrada say to Woody Allen?
A: Got two fives for a ten?

Q: What's brown and in a baby's diaper?
A: Rot Estrada's hand !!

Q:What's Roy's favorite Canadian TV show?
A:The Kids in the Hall.

Too soon?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:14 pm 

LMAO,SPACEBRO'! Better to laugh at him,than to shed one freakin' tear! IMHO.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:50 pm 

shocking. Roy was always one of my favorite Mothers. his vocals and antics really added to the early Mothers flavor, and he was one of the musicians who worked the longest with Zappa.

i'm truly stunned by this news

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:40 pm 

So much for the beifit of the doubters, this is one of those rare situations were a muliple offender is most likely guilty since they can't change this behavior, its the way they are... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:07 am 

Thinman wrote:
That is very sad.

Does that in any way diminish the value of his former contributions to Zappa's music? Is it now impossible to listen to recordings that have Roy on them? Can we now watch the rubber doll episode of Baby Snakes ever again?

Do I stop enjoying Soft Machine albums because Burroughs shot his wife in the forehead?
- NO

Do I stop enjoying the stuff he wrote after he had shot his wife in the forehead?
- NO

Do I think anyone should serve 25 years for doing it with someone less than 14 years old?
- NO

Do I think you Americans have some pretty strange priorities, urging your boys and gals to go and invade Iraque at the age of 17, when at the same time you're being hopelessly obsessed with making sure they are un-fucked?
- YES

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:07 am 

buffalo_voice wrote:
Do I think you Americans have some pretty strange priorities, urging your boys and gals to go and invade Iraque at the age of 17, when at the same time you're being hopelessly obsessed with making sure they are un-fucked?
- YES

Draft age in USA is 18. And most Americans are anti-war and anti-molestation.

Roy is a repeat offender and a sick one at that. He deserves to live out his life in prison.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:32 am 

FalseDichotomy wrote:
buffalo_voice wrote:
- YES

Draft age in USA is 18. And most Americans are anti-war and anti-molestation.

Roy is a repeat offender and a sick one at that. He deserves to live out his life in prison.

If that mother fucker touched my granddaughter under 14, he would wish he got 25 years, because I guarantee I would get to him first and I will end up with a minimal sentence of life after I finished with him…Buffalo this is definitely not one of your finer moments on the Forum, please refrain from commenting on things to do with small children until you’re a father and if you’re a parent shame on you, this is an un-defendable position…

:smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:49 pm 

Plook wrote:
[...] shame on you, this is an un-defendable position… :smoke:

Most people think Burroughs was a genius. Is killing one's wife less atrocious than having sex with under-aged persons, or what? He (Estrada) played bass good and could come up with some crazy falsetto-squeaking. That's enough for me to continue to think he's phantastic. Obviously he didn't have Jackson's lawyers or a big enough bank account to die well-respected or have an MTV feature week. Shame he was involved in some tasty music. And yes, cowboys, I'm a communist and don't want to be bothered with things like hell, repentance 'n such --

:P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:02 pm 

buffalo_voice wrote:
Plook wrote:

Most people think Burroughs was a genius. Is killing one's wife less atrocious than having sex with under-aged persons, or what? He (Estrada) played bass good and could come up with some crazy falsetto-squeaking. That's enough for me to continue to think he's phantastic. Obviously he didn't have Jackson's lawyers or a big enough bank account to die well-respected or have an MTV feature week. Shame he was involved in some tasty music. And yes, cowboys, I'm a communist and don't want to be bothered with things like hell, repentance 'n such --

Burroughs accidentally shot his wife in a drunken game of "William Tell." This is in no way comparable to the repeated offenses of a pedophile.

Congratulations, buffalo -- you are now the third person on my foe list. Defending pedophilia is a sign of bad mental health. Please seek help for your sake and the sake of those around you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:20 pm 

buffalo_voice wrote:
Plook wrote:

No one is challenging his musicianship but what was done with these children is indefensible, murder is also an indefensible act , no one has defended that position. The fact that he may or may not have had a lawyer that could get him off, like others who may or may not be guilty is irrelevant. He is a 3 time looser and people who engage in this type of activity are mentally depraved and have never been known to change, but in fact repeat offend. He is a three striker and will never see the light of day and that is the way it is.

While I am not a religious man, I do not need any help to figure out taking advantage of a child is morally wrong and I know most atheist would agree…

:smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:54 pm 

I agree.Am I the only atheist here to agree or am I the only one to admit that I'm an atheist? I might be an agnostic....but you'd have to prove it to me! But I concur with Plook.I also think that this is not a learned action. It's hard wired or they would have the free choice to stop.They know it's wrong,but do it anyway.They know the scorn from society they will get.They do it anyway.They must know that they put their live's in jeopardy each time they repeat offend.But they do it anyway.A continuing misplaced sexual urge that you can't stop or controll.What do you do? Hopefully find the gene,fix the wiring,stop the urge somehow,even by casteration if necassary.But stop it.We could use some of those war dollars for research and prevention.That would be a start,a small start but a start none the less.
BV,the christain right since Reagan has takin' every chance it can get,to regulate/govern our bodies.Be it sex,abortion,or remaining a virgin untill you die in combat! I really don't believe that you would think by our sexual collective prudeness you mean pediphiles should be left alone.But as a native of San Francisco,I can see how the rest of the world views our sexual collective conciousness.We come off to the world as a bunch of "do what I say about sex and not as I do" kinda folks.Very Victorian sounding.
The sick thing is it's getting worse,not better.Stem cell research leads to abortions,don't ya know! :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next