Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2282 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 92  Next
 Post subject: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:50 pm 

Well boys and girls, I was assigned the North Central USA as an area to perform Quality Audits and while traveling I would like to meet other Forum Members when possible for lunch or Dinner (My Treat). The new area I have includes Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, & South Dakota.

I will be in Milwaukee next week and either Chicago or Indianapolis in 2 weeks, I will update this thread regularly, if anyone would like to meet post here.

:smoke:

Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:24 pm 

Where in Nebraska?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:58 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Where in Nebraska?

Currently have no jobs there, but I am sure there are Core Sites in the larger hub cities.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:43 am 

Plook wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Where in Nebraska?

Currently have no jobs there, but I am sure there are Core Sites in the larger hub cities.

If you're ever in the largest, let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:50 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Where in Nebraska?

If you're ever in the largest, let me know.

That I will do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:08 pm 

I will be in Chicago Il on 10/18-21/11 if any forum memebers are in the area and would like to meet for lunch or dinner (My Treat), either respond here or pm me.

Is no one located in Milwaukee??? :?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:49 pm 

Well here I site in beautiful downtown Milwaukee, found a good Irish Pub for dinner and a brew, just found out I will be in Indianapolis next week.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:59 pm 

Headed to Indianaplois Indiana in the morning if anyone is in that area and wants to meet for lunch or dinner (on my dime), contact me here or by PM... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:52 pm 

Have a safe trip Plook. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:36 pm 

Plook wrote:
Headed to Indianaplois Indiana in the morning if anyone is in that area and wants to meet for lunch or dinner (on my dime), contact me here or by PM... :smoke:

http://youtu.be/K8E_zMLCRNg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:39 pm 

Yo Plook. Anytime you want to drive up to Chico I'll let you buy me lunch. :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:20 pm 

KillUgly wrote:
Yo Plook. Anytime you want to drive up to Chico I'll let you buy me lunch. :smoke:

Sure funny guy I think I can make that happen...well I am here in Indiana I am not far from the Motor Speedway, my comute is long I have to go to Northeast Indianapolis about 50 minutes away...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:17 pm 

Plook wrote:
KillUgly wrote:

Sure funny guy I think I can make that happen...well I am here in Indiana I am not far from the Motor Speedway, my comute is long I have to go to Northeast Indianapolis about 50 minutes away...

Why don't you stay closer to your job instead of commuting? :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:23 pm 

I like to be close to the airport so on fly day I can sleep longer, I get up before the butt crack of dawn as it is...lol...

Ok I had a biggy today, the Techs kicked us out of the building at 4:30pm so I went to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, I was brought up watching the Indy 500, we used to listen to it on the radio before it was televised, I have never missed a race as far back as I can remember. Well I pulled in to the Museum and it is closed, I realize I am between turn 1 and 2, the size of this place is astounding, I know the size and it was still overwhelming! At a 2.5 mile rectangular oval you could fit the Kentucky Derby, Rose Bowl, Yankee Stadium, Wimbledon Campus, the Roman Coliseum, and Vatican City in their entirety without overlap in the infield...ITS REALLY BIG! Well I start walking towards the Pagoda, about a 1/2 mile trek from where I was and walk right out of Gasoline Ally up to the Yard of Bricks. There was a group there filming and taking photos, they plan on running an electric car 500 miles tomorrow without a recharge. I walk up and they asked who are you, I said a man fulfilling a life long dream, I was shaking and almost cried, I was stunned at how emotional being there was and how much it made me think of my father and the time we spent watching the race together. There was a guy in a suit there and he introduced himself the director of raceway sales, he asked if I had a camera and I gave it to him and he said get down and kiss the bricks (a long standing tradition at the raceway) and I got some really good photos. Old Bob took me under his wing and gave me the nickel tour, I hung out about 45 minutes and thanked them for their Hospitality and left. What a day, I had no idea that would have that big an effect on me, being there with the place empty was like a visit to Sacred ground it was in a word awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:04 pm 

When will you be in Ireland?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:51 pm 

IrishBoris wrote:
When will you be in Ireland?

Hopefully soon, actually 2 of my peers were in Sweden in September and and my manager was in Denmark in August. Since Ericsson is a Worlds largest provider of Telecommunications equipment, they are active in 140 countries, the possibility always exist that my duties would take me to another country. I am currently trying to get my name on the Emergency Relief Team, you keep a bag packed at all times and must be able to deploy in 24 hours to anywhere in the world to supply wireless connectivity in a disaster area. How cool would that be!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:54 pm 

Very cool! I'll turn the kettle on so, hurry up!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:41 am 

Headed to Chicago Tuesday if there are any Forum Members in the area that would like to meet up, let me know

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:49 am 

I am here in Chicago, had to sleep in all the jet lag caught up with me, now with a couple of Latte's in me I'm ready to rock!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:14 am 

Plook wrote:
I am here in Chicago, had to sleep in all the jet lag caught up with me, now with a couple of Latte's in me I'm ready to rock!

I hear that there are some great record stores in Chicago -- hope you have time to check a few out! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:41 am 

FalseDichotomy wrote:
Plook wrote:

I hear that there are some great record stores in Chicago -- hope you have time to check a few out! :mrgreen:

Windy though, I hear. Hope you brought ear muffs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:30 pm 

Yes it is cold, raining, and windy as hell here, I head downtown tomorrow for a meeting with AT&T and I will be on the look out for music stores... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:00 pm 

Went downtown today and had a really good Falafel, Chicago is New York with nice people, but dam they drive as bad as New Yorkers if not worse, these people have no idea what they are doing on freeways. In California everyone drives on the freeway like NASCAR nose to tail 80 miles an hour, no ones late, bad news if there is a wreck it’s a 20 car pile-up. But they had one of those in Indianapolis last week and the speed limits 55 and everyone drives 50 or 45, apparently you speed in Indiana just slightly and you get a ticket.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:50 pm 

You drove downtown????? No wonder. Nobody in their right mind drives downtown! :mrgreen:

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:24 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
You drove downtown????? No wonder. Nobody in their right mind drives downtown! :mrgreen:

Dam Ronnie you want to hook-up next time I'm in Chicago?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2282 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 92  Next