Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:43 pm 

cleon wrote:
You believe what does that meen if you don't know,under age that is all people started say about the Nonce it was not until his ass was in jail for good that anybody posted and knew all even he went too jail before but no word on the street.so check yourself :twisted:

This is not an attempt to be an ass or critical at all. However, I truly have no idea what the above means at all. Could you re-write it more clearly, or with some punctuation? Maybe someone else could help me translate. I promise, I am not trying to be rude, but I cannot make any sense of this at all.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:26 pm 

duchamp wrote:
cleon wrote:
You believe what does that meen if you don't know,under age that is all people started say about the Nonce it was not until his ass was in jail for good that anybody posted and knew all even he went too jail before but no word on the street.so check yourself :twisted:

This is not an attempt to be an ass or critical at all. However, I truly have no idea what the above means at all. Could you re-write it more clearly, or with some punctuation? Maybe someone else could help me translate. I promise, I am not trying to be rude, but I cannot make any sense of this at all.

Three strikes and out :|

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:23 pm 

duchamp wrote:
cleon wrote:

Let me try.
Until the third strike everyone thought Roy Estrada was scewing under age groupies.Comes to find out after the third offence,he was scewing 12 and under year olds.(yuk-sick-Mo-Fo-shit) This is what happend to Roy Estrada.No one wanted to believe it until he was sentenced to 25-life.Third strike.Now it appears (to cleon) that NMB is in the same situation,by having 2 strikes against him.We don't know for sure if NMB is a nonce or not,but he still could be.
Is that close cleon? What is a nonce,actually mean? Is it a Welsh word or general slang across the pond? :?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:34 pm 

A nonce is British and Australian slang term for a sex offender, usually a child sexual abuser.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:44 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
A nonce is British and Australian slang term for a sex offender, usually a child sexual abuser.

Thanx,Gray_Ghost. 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:14 pm 

I could be wrong but i think I read that one of NMB offences was a rape...still bad and a violent act against a women... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:07 pm 

Plook wrote:
I could be wrong but i think I read that one of NMB offences was a rape...still bad and a violent act against a women... :smoke:

I heard it was the girls old man called the cops,after the consenting fact happend.But cleon sez,(I think) there's two strikes against him and he's some kind of nounce.Anyone remember both strikes,or if it's just 1 time? I don't want to lessen the seriousness of forced rape,but I don't want to judge* without the friggin' faq's about it all. ....somewhere,I do remember reading about a girl sayin' it was rape,a yes,yes yes yes,no/grey area kinda thing,in San Jose,CA. maybe? Anyone know?
As Vinnie Barbarino would say: I'm so confused Mr.Carter! :?

*I DON'T WANT TO JUDGE AT ALL.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:42 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:

Australian?? You are very au fait with american slang terms and place names, but maybe not so much with Aust.?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:16 pm 

Nonce ain't slang words like Taxi that is slang for Cab no word ended with I until that was used and put in Dic.nonce been used in UK for ever and it ain't no slang.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:40 pm 

cleon wrote:
Nonce ain't slang words like Taxi that is slang for Cab no word ended with I until that was used and put in Dic.nonce been used in UK for ever and it ain't no slang.

Go make your Mother another cup of tea you turdburgler

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:42 pm 

What Mum :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:23 am 

Plook wrote:

"I could be wrong"?
"but i think I read"?

Have you considered a job with CNN Headline News?
"Unconfirmed reports say thousands dead."
"So, you're sure thousands have died?"
"No. I'm just saying that."

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:40 am 

just plain doug wrote:
Plook wrote:

"I could be wrong"?
"but i think I read"?

Breaking News...Kapt.Kiirk confirms it was a rape, but reports that the victim was underage remain uncofirmed, film at 11... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:35 am 

cleon wrote:

Definition of NONCE
1: the one, particular, or present occasion, purpose, or use <for the nonce>
2: the time being

Nonce may refer to:

A British and Australian slang term for a sex offender, usually a child sexual abuser. See Nonce (slang)

Looks slang to me. Just because a word has been used "for ever" (sic) does not mean it is not slang. For instance, the word shag (sexual intercourse) has been used "for ever" but that does not make it any less slang. Slang is the continual and ever-changing use and definition of words in informal conversation, often using references as a means of comparison or showing likeness.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:55 am 

Plook wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Plook wrote:

"I could be wrong"?
"but i think I read"?

Breaking News...Kapt.Kiirk confirms it was a rape, but reports that the victim was underage remain uncofirmed, film at 11... :smoke:

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
...Anyone remember both strikes,or if it's just 1 time? I don't want to lessen the seriousness of forced rape,but I don't want to judge without the friggin' faq's about it all. ....somewhere,I do remember reading about a girl sayin' it was rape,a yes,yes yes yes,no/grey area kinda thing,in San Jose,CA. maybe? Anyone know?
As Vinnie Barbarino would say: I'm so confused Mr.Carter! :?

Oh, yeah...KK's post sure makes it sound definite. :roll:
By the way, consensual sex between two people may be defined, by law, as rape due to age...but calling it "violent rape" is a prejudicial mis-labelling.
It may be true...but "I heard", and "I read somewhere" aren't enough to hang a person.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:20 am 

LMAO ^ :lol:

just plain doug wrote:
It may be true...but "I heard", and "I read somewhere" aren't enough to hang a person.

Who are you,Ben Cartwright? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:37 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Nah....Dudley Do-Right!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:01 am 

just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Nah....Dudley Do-Right!

I must clarify and acknowledge you are correct Dudley, statutory rape would not be a violent act but a legal violation. Again I am not sure where I saw this but in most likely was here somewhere, the women was of age and claimed a rape. Unless it was a set-up, which would be for the law to determine, that would be a violent act.

Maybe the good Kapt. could find out he has been known to boldly go where no one has gone before... :mrgreen:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:05 am 

duchamp wrote:
cleon wrote:

Definition of NONCE
1: the one, particular, or present occasion, purpose, or use <for the nonce>
2: the time being

Nonce may refer to:

A British and Australian slang term for a sex offender, usually a child sexual abuser. See Nonce (slang)

Looks slang to me. Just because a word has been used "for ever" (sic) does not mean it is not slang. For instance, the word shag (sexual intercourse) has been used "for ever" but that does not make it any less slang. Slang is the continual and ever-changing use and definition of words in informal conversation, often using references as a means of comparison or showing likeness.
You understand me know :mrgreen: Yeah but Shag is not slang.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:49 pm 

Well, I'm late to this circus. I'm glad to see this interview posted here though! While Napi's take on DZ is a bit harsh, I understand what he's getting at. I too feel that Dweez has the technical ability part of FZ's music down-pat but never really had a grasp on the humor/spontaneity/aaafnraa thing down (putting the eyebrows on it). Ahmet always seemed much more in tune with that end of the act. It's really too bad the whole original ZPZ pitch never worked out where *both* of them were supposed to be involved. Dweez blows Ahmet away in discipline and technique but he just doesn't possess the "goof" bug that Ahmet has and I really feel that he would've been great at adding that (IMO) missing element from that camp.

Just my 2 cents - feel free to disregard. :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:21 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Well, I'm late to this circus. I'm glad to see this interview posted here though! While Napi's take on DZ is a bit harsh, I understand what he's getting at. I too feel that Dweez has the technical ability part of FZ's music down-pat but never really had a grasp on the humor/spontaneity/aaafnraa thing down (putting the eyebrows on it). Ahmet always seemed much more in tune with that end of the act. It's really too bad the whole original ZPZ pitch never worked out where *both* of them were supposed to be involved. Dweez blows Ahmet away in discipline and technique but he just doesn't possess the "goof" bug that Ahmet has and I really feel that he would've been great at adding that (IMO) missing element from that camp.

I think thats a fair opinion/accessment,that cuts to the crux of the bisquit,quite accurately.But don't post this on DZW or it's heeeeere's 3 pages of Trendy correcting your opinion! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:11 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:

I think thats a fair opinion/accessment,that cuts to the crux of the bisquit,quite accurately.But don't post this on DZW or it's heeeeere's 3 pages of Trendy correcting your opinion! :wink:

Nice to see you back PIB, I agree also, like I say NMB has a horse in the race or a bone to pick...whatever you want to call it, it caused him to take it further than what was justified... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:44 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Well, I'm late to this circus. I'm glad to see this interview posted here though! While Napi's take on DZ is a bit harsh, I understand what he's getting at. I too feel that Dweez has the technical ability part of FZ's music down-pat but never really had a grasp on the humor/spontaneity/aaafnraa thing down (putting the eyebrows on it).

My sentiments exactly about Napi's take on the Zappas, father and son. I found his insights really interesting, would just credit about 10-15% to his bitterness - with a little moderation, he comes close to the truth.

I do love watching ZPZ's take on some songs, like the beginning of the 2007 show, just one week after the birth of my son, and the poor mum was home with bleeding tits... I bought the Baby Snakes body from the merch stand, as a compensation, but felt a bit strange there at the concert with my brother... Well - City of Tiny Lites opened the show, with Ray White on vocals... it was an outstanding opening of the show, and proof that the band could do amazing versions of some songs. But later on it became apparent that the show as a whole didn't have the tight structure and dynamite segues of Frank's own bands, not to mention the improvising genius. They did a version of Dupree's paradise, but the attempt to do something "in the moment" was stale and barren to me. My mind kept drifting to my baby and wife at home... 2010 on the other hand was less hampered by Dweezil's inability to create spontaneously, with the Apostrophe (') suite as the backbone of the show, and a smashing Gumbo Variations to begin with.

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Ahmet always seemed much more in tune with that end of the act. It's really too bad the whole original ZPZ pitch never worked out where *both* of them were supposed to be involved. Dweez blows Ahmet away in discipline and technique but he just doesn't possess the "goof" bug that Ahmet has and I really feel that he would've been great at adding that (IMO) missing element from that camp.

I don't know... Ahmet just seems goofy to me - a far cry from the genius insanity of the real Mothers. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I've seen him perform...

PenguinInBondage wrote:

8)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:18 am 

Dark Clothes wrote:

I don't know... Ahmet just seems goofy to me - a far cry from the genius insanity of the real Mothers. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I've seen him perform...

If you go on youtube and search Z for the band,there's a Peavey private Party featuring Z.It's got Dick Clark in it and really shows the dynamic of what could/would have been had Ahmet stuck around.(He's into writing that follow up animated story for Spielburg I thought) Plus they do like 50 songs in 60 min.and pull it off.There's also plenty of good Z band vids too.I think you'd like the Peavey Party one though.IMHO 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:07 am 

Yup - Ahmet's definitely a loose cannon. I think he worked well with his brother though because he provided the "counter-weight" of dedication and work ethic. I can *definitely* see Ahmet coming off to people as annoying but viewing the proper moments help to show where he totally "has it". I've never seen the Peavey party Kirk refers to but I think I've heard the audio (50 songs in 60 mins - that took some work!). The "performance" for me that comes to mind is the Music for Pets promo video tape. I'd venture that it's somewhere out there in YouTube land. Anyhow, the crazy shit that Ahmet comes up with and his "eyebrows" (FZ's term) on the whole thing really show that he's his father's son.

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next