Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:53 am 

Yes you've read that correctly. I want to know how many Frank Zappa fans have lost interest in ZPZ since the YCFOSA download fiasco? Maybe it's just me but I just don't care anymore. Yes, I think Dweezil can play guitar. Yes I think his band is tight and well rehearsed, but I sure am not going to buy any new product he puts out. His website is great looking but rarely updated. His YCFOSA "info" section hasn't been updated since day one. If he insists on doing everything himself, all I can say is "good luck". I still listen to Frank, haven't given up on new releases from "The Vault", (they're quite good).
Well that's all I have to say.

(Let the flaming begin!)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:57 am 

zootallurs wrote:
(Let the flaming begin!)

FOOOOOOSSSHHHHHHH!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:23 am 

Another spiteful act of biting off ones nose to harm their face…idiots.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:33 am 

I pity you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:36 am 

zootallurs wrote:
I pity you.

Sooo your sitting on top of where you know treasure is buried and you "REFUSE TO DIG IT UP...EH" because they did not give you a map to the treasure they said they would. Not only an idiot an idiot child...grow the fuck up... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:20 pm 

Huh?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:52 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Huh?

I know, took the long way on that one... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:17 pm 

Well, he'll be in Seattle and Portland in June, it will give us a chance to ask (when he gets off the bus 'cause we won't spend anything on zpz anymore)"where the FUCK are our downloads??!!" It's not like anythings been as good as the 1st 2 or 3 tours were anyhow, as evidenced by lower numbers of fans, shittier venues, and LOTS of fans turned off by the wait. Oh, and by the way,Plook, your nose is even browner than the previous winner of the biggest asshole on the site award(ie;see "Trendmonger")

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:09 pm 

Plook wrote:
zootallurs wrote:
I pity you.

Sooo your sitting on top of where you know treasure is buried and you "REFUSE TO DIG IT UP...EH" because they did not give you a map to the treasure they said they would. Not only an idiot an idiot child...grow the fuck up... :mrgreen:

I have grown up, which is more than I can say for you, you ignorant troll.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:29 am 

bob r wrote:
Well, he'll be in Seattle and Portland in June, it will give us a chance to ask (when he gets off the bus 'cause we won't spend anything on zpz anymore)"where the FUCK are our downloads??!!" It's not like anythings been as good as the 1st 2 or 3 tours were anyhow, as evidenced by lower numbers of fans, shittier venues, and LOTS of fans turned off by the wait. Oh, and by the way,Plook, your nose is even browner than the previous winner of the biggest asshole on the site award(ie;see "Trendmonger")

Don't go, miss a pefectly good show, I don't care...doesn't make these types of statements any less spitefull, sorry I call them like i see them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 am 

zootallurs wrote:
Plook wrote:
zootallurs wrote:
I pity you.

I have grown up, which is more than I can say for you, you ignorant troll.

I have not been feeling well and I apologize Mr. Zoot if I was harsh, but what you are saying is spitefull, sorry....BTW I doubt if you met me you would call me a troll, I was a little over weight but I have lost a total of 45lbs and am back in athletic shape and I am sure you wouldn't want this 50 year old man with really good hair mad...
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:39 pm 

i think they've played everything that needed to be played. i've seen them once with the big line-up, and that's good enough for me. they're repeating themselves now. i'd rather listen to the original FRANK zappa concerts anyways. but that's just my opinion...

A '55 Chevy that his brother just stoled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:08 am 

:mrgreen:[/quote]I have not been feeling well and I apologize Mr. Zoot if I was harsh, but what you are saying is spitefull, sorry....BTW I doubt if you met me you would call me a troll, I was a little over weight but I have lost a total of 45lbs and am back in athletic shape and I am sure you wouldn't want this 50 year old man with really good hair mad...
:mrgreen:[/quote]

Okay I understand the not feeling well bit, at least you have a sense of humor. So I'll take back the "troll" statement. I'm not being spitefull. I've seen ZPZ 4 times, all I am saying is basically "been there, done that, bought the T shirt, no need to do it again". I've watched videos of the new lineup and I'm not impressed with the new singer, so I will keep my money. I still feel that I was cheated somehow, by being promised a "souvenier" of my concert with the download and getting a "consolation prize" with the Chicago show. I am perfectly happy to listen to the "real" Frank Zappa band and will save my money for more vault recordings. I don't advocate boycotting his shows, people can make up their own minds and go to his shows or not, it's a personal choice.

I'm starting to think that DZ is making a living off his famous Father because he can't sell enough of his own recordings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:11 am 

manichispanic wrote:
i think they've played everything that needed to be played. i've seen them once with the big line-up, and that's good enough for me. they're repeating themselves now. i'd rather listen to the original FRANK zappa concerts anyways. but that's just my opinion...

Yes! That's what I've been saying all along.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:19 am 

zootallurs wrote:
I have not been feeling well and I apologize Mr. Zoot if I was harsh, but what you are saying is spitefull, sorry....BTW I doubt if you met me you would call me a troll, I was a little over weight but I have lost a total of 45lbs and am back in athletic shape and I am sure you wouldn't want this 50 year old man with really good hair mad...
:mrgreen:[/quote]

Okay I understand the not feeling well bit, at least you have a sense of humor. So I'll take back the "troll" statement. I'm not being spitefull. I've seen ZPZ 4 times, all I am saying is basically "been there, done that, bought the T shirt, no need to do it again". I've watched videos of the new lineup and I'm not impressed with the new singer, so I will keep my money. I still feel that I was cheated somehow, by being promised a "souvenier" of my concert with the download and getting a "consolation prize" with the Chicago show. I am perfectly happy to listen to the "real" Frank Zappa band and will save my money for more vault recordings. I don't advocate boycotting his shows, people can make up their own minds and go to his shows or not, it's a personal choice.

I'm starting to think that DZ is making a living off his famous Father because he can't sell enough of his own recordings.[/quote]

You may be right that he is making a living of the ZPZ thing and that may be all the encouragement one needs to keep a short term project running...but I actually met DZ at a show in SF before the ZPZ thing started and had a long conversation with him and he is a lot more like his father than I suspected. Not only is a very good musician but he is also technically gifted, I don't want to toot my own horn but I am no "troll" (lol) when it comes to HTE, I have been working with super high tech telecommunications transport equipment for some time and he was blowing my mind with the stuff he was talking about. He seems genuine and thoughtful. As to the downloads, as he said no one paid extra for them...he ran in to problems, so he made sure everyone got Chicago (if some did not, people do fall thru the cracks unintentionally), therefore everyone has got something and the fact that he is still trying to come thru on his complete original intention is such a bold gesture during such financially hard times I am surprised. As to the band I saw them late last year and they are phenomenal, and the reviews from there outings all over the world should encourage you to see them again as I will if I am not to cash strapped.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:45 pm 

Well, I talked to Dweezil when I saw them in Omaha and said "Thanks."

That's really all that was said.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:40 pm 

Plook wrote:
zootallurs wrote:

I'm starting to think that DZ is making a living off his famous Father because he can't sell enough of his own recordings.[/quote]

You may be right that he is making a living of the ZPZ thing and that may be all the encouragement one needs to keep a short term project running...but I actually met DZ at a show in SF before the ZPZ thing started and had a long conversation with him and he is a lot more like his father than I suspected. Not only is a very good musician but he is also technically gifted, I don't want to toot my own horn but I am no "troll" (lol) when it comes to HTE, I have been working with super high tech telecommunications transport equipment for some time and he was blowing my mind with the stuff he was talking about. He seems genuine and thoughtful. As to the downloads, as he said no one paid extra for them...he ran in to problems, so he made sure everyone got Chicago (if some did not, people do fall thru the cracks unintentionally), therefore everyone has got something and the fact that he is still trying to come thru on his complete original intention is such a bold gesture during such financially hard times I am surprised. As to the band I saw them late last year and they are phenomenal, and the reviews from there outings all over the world should encourage you to see them again as I will if I am not to cash strapped.[/quote]
Yes I would see them I suppose but as you've said, being cash strapped is another reason no to go.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:46 pm 

Quote:
You may be right that he is making a living of the ZPZ thing and that may be all the encouragement one needs to keep a short term project running...but I actually met DZ at a show in SF before the ZPZ thing started and had a long conversation with him and he is a lot more like his father than I suspected. Not only is a very good musician but he is also technically gifted, I don't want to toot my own horn but I am no "troll" (lol) when it comes to HTE, I have been working with super high tech telecommunications transport equipment for some time and he was blowing my mind with the stuff he was talking about. He seems genuine and thoughtful. As to the downloads, as he said no one paid extra for them...he ran in to problems, so he made sure everyone got Chicago (if some did not, people do fall thru the cracks unintentionally), therefore everyone has got something and the fact that he is still trying to come thru on his complete original intention is such a bold gesture during such financially hard times I am surprised. As to the band I saw them late last year and they are phenomenal, and the reviews from there outings all over the world should encourage you to see them again as I will if I am not to cash strapped.

Yes I would see them I suppose but as you've said, being cash strapped is another reason I choose not to go.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:52 pm 

zootallurs wrote:
As to the downloads, as he said no one paid extra for them
Of course he would say that , the reality is that tickets were more than twice what we had paid for on two previous tours, and the cost of the giveaway guitars and the cost of recording the shows was included in the price,otherwise why would he say buying a ticket will include a recording of THE SHOW you attend?(not the Chicago show!).As far as saying that my wife and I will not give him anymore money or plan on showing up at loadout to ask personally why the delay when later projects are in the works is being spiteful I guess that people who choose to boycott Toyota right now are being spiteful. I mean, when I asked Dweezil about the delay and specified that we wouldn't be spending any more money on ZPZ he implied that people not buying current projects are possibly preventing the release of those downloads. Talk about veiled threats! Paying for something twice ain't my idea of having fun, and the comments about previous tours being significantly better (and cheaper!) is a reality. I mean the Moore Theatre in Seattle is a pit when compared with the larger and much nicer Paramount. It's not like I'm complaining about a non- existant promise here, I wonder how many folks that complain about us complaning even saw these shows.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:35 pm 

bob r wrote:
zootallurs wrote:
Of course he would say that , the reality is that tickets were more than twice what we had paid for on two previous tours, and the cost of the giveaway guitars and the cost of recording the shows was included in the price,otherwise why would he say buying a ticket will include a recording of THE SHOW you attend?(not the Chicago show!).As far as saying that my wife and I will not give him anymore money or plan on showing up at loadout to ask personally why the delay when later projects are in the works is being spiteful I guess that people who choose to boycott Toyota right now are being spiteful. I mean, when I asked Dweezil about the delay and specified that we wouldn't be spending any more money on ZPZ he implied that people not buying current projects are possibly preventing the release of those downloads. Talk about veiled threats! Paying for something twice ain't my idea of having fun, and the comments about previous tours being significantly better (and cheaper!) is a reality. I mean the Moore Theatre in Seattle is a pit when compared with the larger and much nicer Paramount. It's not like I'm complaining about a non- existant promise here, I wonder how many folks that complain about us complaning even saw these shows.

I saw them all in my area, and the recorded shows of which you speak were smaller venues, thus you pay more. You got a download, times are tuff and he still intends to release the rest, unless you are going straight to calling him a liar. Shows now have dropped in price as they have for many acts since times are tuff and they are forced into smaller venues the margins have tightened. Yet he is very optimistic that he can complete them and many other projects (not unlike his father who had many an incomplete project). My area did not have the small venue offering for that tour and we paid I am sure nearly what you paid (if not more)for a good show at a rather large venue in San Fransisco, what it is is what it is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:22 pm 

Bob's wife here- 1st time poster- and my attitude was to stealth this show - I own a great set of mics and a deck and nobody EVER checks me for taping- but since DZ fuckin told me when I paid for this show I would get a download I was willing to leave my gear at home. He's not worth my time on tape anymore not till I get what I paid for. BTW even though I stealthed the Seattle and Portland shows on the 2nd tour, I still was willing to pay for the DVD when it came out. As a Grateful Dead fan I have been taping for 25 years, have always bought all the music produced commerically to support the band I love. Presently the remaining members play and STILL allow recording and sell a copy for a nominal fee of $25.00, available 20 FUCKIN MINUTES after the show. They are mixed boards and produce a fine recording. I've been buying them, don't have to carry all my gear in and actually REALLY enjoy the show.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:42 pm 

Plook wrote:
bob r wrote:
zootallurs wrote:

I saw them all in my area, and the recorded shows of which you speak were smaller venues, thus you pay more. You got a download, times are tuff and he still intends to release the rest, unless you are going straight to calling him a liar. Shows now have dropped in price as they have for many acts since times are tuff and they are forced into smaller venues the margins have tightened. Yet he is very optimistic that he can complete them and many other projects (not unlike his father who had many an incomplete project). My area did not have the small venue offering for that tour and we paid I am sure nearly what you paid (if not more)for a good show at a rather large venue in San Fransisco, what it is is what it is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:52 pm 

Sorry about lost post in above quote.I would not think of disrespecting him like that, I'm sure his father raised him better than to lie to fans. He just got himself in a little deep and hasn't made it right.Yet. I don't think that it's a fair comparison to make as far as "unfinished projects". Let's not forget whose site we're on. Frank was the most prolific composer in recent American history, maybe Charles Ives and a few others, but most people never heard of them.Dweezil does a GREAT job of re-creating his father's music, but without the composition he can't even begin to be discussed in the same league as his dad(in terms of "projects unfinished"). Let us not forget "The Yellow Shark", a fitting final finished project.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:35 pm 

zootallurs wrote:
Well that's all I have to say.

Good. I'd hate for you to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about this...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:41 am 

Methinks that the DZPZ mission won't be accomplished until they have rehearsed, played, recorded and released a complete rock band version of Sinister Footwear plus perhaps a few other gems, like Mo's Vacation and the 1988 arrangement of Sleep Dirt.

And I will go and see them the next time they come to town, anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next