Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:22 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:20 pm 

I see tweedle-dumb is STILL denying reality (as well as many others here).

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:42 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:

Disco Boy wrote:
I see tweedle-dumb is STILL denying reality…

It's sad but true. Wayne Lapierre is still denying reality.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:23 am 

Former KKK Leader Suspected in Jewish Center Attacks: Sources
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/jewish ... ces-n79486

Quote:
The person of interest in custody for the killing of three people at two Jewish centers is a former Ku Klux Klan leader with a history of antisemitism and racism, law enforcement officials said.

Frazier Glenn Cross, Jr., 73, is suspected of fatally shooting a 14-year-old Eagle Scout and his grandfather in the parking lot at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City campus in Overland Park then gunning down a woman at Village Shalom, a retirement community that is several blocks away from the center, law enforcement officials said.

KSHB reporter Andres Gutierrez told MSNBC that the suspect who was taken away in the back of a police car yelled “Heil Hitler” at onlookers.

A civil rights organization that tracks hate groups said it has long known about Cross, who is from Missouri.

The Southern Poverty Law Center says Cross is known to them using aliases — Glenn Miller or Frazier Glenn Miller — and is the former Grand Dragon of the Carolina Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.

The center sued Cross in the 1980s for intimidating African Americans, and he has had several run-ins with the law since then, including being accused of violating the terms of a court order that settled the lawsuit.

A profile assembled by the Southern Poverty Law Center includes several anti-semitic statements attributed to Cross.

Police only described the suspect as an elderly man with a beard in a Sunday afternoon news conference.

According to the SPLC, Cross quit high school as a senior to join the Army. In a 20-year Army career he had two tours in Vietnam and 13 years as a member of the elite Green Berets before he was forced to retire because of his Klan affiliation in 1979.

Later he went on to be active in a neo-Nazi group called “The Order” that advocated violence against Blacks and Jews among others, the SPLC said.

He even unsuccessfully ran...as a Republican for a state Senate seat in 1987, the SPLC said.

According to The Associated Press, Miller was the subject of a nationwide manhunt in 1987 for violating the terms of his bond while appealing a North Carolina conviction for operating a paramilitary camp.

The search ended after federal agents found Miller and three other men in an Ozark mobile home, which was filled with hand grenades, automatic weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:57 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Former KKK Leader Suspected in Jewish Center Attacks: Sources
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/jewish ... ces-n79486

Quote:
The person of interest in custody for the killing of three people at two Jewish centers is a former Ku Klux Klan leader with a history of antisemitism and racism, law enforcement officials said.

Frazier Glenn Cross, Jr., 73, is suspected of fatally shooting a 14-year-old Eagle Scout and his grandfather in the parking lot at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City campus in Overland Park then gunning down a woman at Village Shalom, a retirement community that is several blocks away from the center, law enforcement officials said.

KSHB reporter Andres Gutierrez told MSNBC that the suspect who was taken away in the back of a police car yelled “Heil Hitler” at onlookers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:59 pm 

I've read somewhere that the people killed were Christians and not Jewish.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:03 am 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:32 am 

Quote:
What Georgia's 'Extreme' New Gun Law Allows

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal signed a new gun law Wednesday that greatly expands the number of public places where licensed owners are allowed to carry their weapons. Critics have called the law “extreme,” while the National Rifle Association lauded it as an “historic victory for the Second Amendment. What does the Safe Carry Protection Act really do? Here’s a brief list of the major changes ahead for Georgians when the law takes effect July 1:

1) Bars

Before the new law, gun owners were not allowed to bring their firearms into bars unless the bar owner specifically allowed it. But under the Safe Carry Protection Act, the emphasis is reversed. A patron can bring guns into bars unless the owner tells him or her to leave.

2) Churches

Church leaders will now be able to decide whether to allow their congregations to bring guns into their buildings. Right now, bringing guns into houses of worship is illegal. Under the Safe Carry Protection Act, if a gun license holder brings a gun into church against the wishes of that church’s leaders, the gun owner will be fined $100. If a non-license holder brings a gun to that same church, he or she will be guilty of a misdemeanor.

3) Schools

Local school boards will now be allowed to vote on whether they want to let teachers and other members of the school’s staff bring guns to campus. The staff members will apply to the school board, and they will go through training that includes “judgment pistol shooting,” “marksmanship,” and a review of Georgia’s laws about shooting people to defend yourself and others. If a teacher doesn’t want to carry the gun at all times, he or she will have to store it in a safe or lock box. Previously, a licensed owner could bring a gun to school if an “authorized official of the school” gave permission.

4) Airports

Licensed gun owners will be allowed to have firearms in airport common areas and if they accidentally bring their guns to airport security checkpoints, they will be allowed to pick up their weapon and leave without criminal penalty. They will not, of course, be able to take their gun past the TSA checkpoint, which remains a federal matter.

5) Government buildings

Licensed gun owners will be allowed to bring their weapons into unsecured government buildings -- in other words, those buildings that don't have security checkpoints or metal detectors. Supporters say this provision was intended to help rural counties that don't have the funds to hire full-time security personnel. Gun owners still won't be able to bring weapons into, say, Atlanta City Hall or the Georgia State Capitol.

6) No database of gun owners

The law will prevent the state of Georgia from creating and maintaining a database of licensed owners.

7) No fingerprinting

The law will eliminate the fingerprinting requirement for renewing weapons carry licenses.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigati ... ows-n87491

It's obvious that the gun industry, gun advocate groups like the NRA and the politicians they've bought off are protecting criminals and promoting terrorism.

I guarantee with 100% certainty that the gun crime/death rates in Georgia will increase as a direct result of the passage of this bill. Watch this space for an "I told you so".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:55 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
It's obvious that the gun industry, gun advocate groups like the NRA and the politicians they've bought off are protecting criminals and promoting terrorism.

I guarantee with 100% certainty that the gun crime/death rates in Georgia will increase as a direct result of the passage of this bill. Watch this space for an "I told you so".

Fighting violence with more violence.
That's as stupid as can be.
Like letting the whole city burns when only one house is burning.
The good ol' days of Western shootings are back.

Common sense was not made in Georgia.
Reminder to myself: to avoid at any cost on my next trip to USA.

I'll be sure to watch the upcoming News (unless NRA censored it).

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:50 am 

Horrifying Audio of Man Killing Unarmed Teens Released By Court

http://gawker.com/horrifying-audio-of-m ... 1570904656

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:40 am 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:12 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:38 pm 

[quote="Mr. Nice Guy"]Image
"having girl problems? this l'il sweetheart will always be there for you"

I hope the kid accidentally pulls the trigger while he's fucking the barrel of that gun.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:33 pm 

From the Onion:

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
ISLA VISTA, CA—In the days following a violent rampage in southern California in which a lone attacker killed seven individuals, including himself, and seriously injured over a dozen others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Tuesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said North Carolina resident Samuel Wipper, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past five years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:06 pm 

Stupid nation. Sorry for those who still use their brain.

All this for a piece of paper dating back when Indians were THE menace.
If you believe that it is still current, you're as fool as those
who believe that the Bible is right instead of the Science.

But, why do I care ? It's only Americans shooting other Americans...

... wait ! There's a Canadian who got killed !
Damn, where's my gun ? :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:19 pm 

It can't happen here.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:59 pm 

I signed on the line for seven long years.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:09 pm 

Mij wrote:

Science is just as fucked up as the bible in many cases. Much hurtful stuff has been done in the name of science.

Mij wrote:

haha... Actually, it's just Humans shooting other Humans. You don't care because you weren't affected by it.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:51 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Mij wrote:

Science is just as fucked up as the bible in many cases. Much hurtful stuff has been done in the name of science.

Mij wrote:

haha... Actually, it's just Humans shooting other Humans. You don't care because you weren't affected by it.

Science ? Blame those who use it with bad intents. You won't find many scientists in that group.
And try to heal a cancer with words from the gospel. Good luck.

As for shootings, funny. those humans are Americans.
Those mass shootings is an American trademark.
I don't see it at that scale anywhere else in the world.

And there was a bit of sarcasm in my previous post.
I don't like it when it happens. I hate it when children are killed.
I thought Newtown would have been a turning point. Well...
I found out Americans loved their weaponry more than their own children.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:10 pm 

Mij wrote:
Science ? Blame those who use it with bad intents. You won't find many scientists in that group.

Bullshit. Scientists often piss away millions amusing themselves and you know it.

Substitute Black or Mexican or Asian for "American" in your posts and you're just talking like a bigot. America is a melting pot. The same dark forces that manipulate Americans have plans for Canada, too.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:38 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Mij wrote:

Bullshit. Scientists often piss away millions amusing themselves and you know it.

Substitute Black or Mexican or Asian for "American" in your posts and you're just talking like a bigot. America is a melting pot. The same dark forces that manipulate Americans have plans for Canada, too.

While NRA collects millions too. Don't be blind ! NRA does nothing to help mankind. Above all, its goal is Money.

And Canada is a melting pot too. Have you seen the sikh behind Harper when in Ottawa parliament ? We have our lot of Haitians, muslims, latinos, etc...
Mass shootings don't happen as often here. Because we don't sell guns as easily as Americans do. No NRA here.
Dark force you say ? If you're talking about NRA, I agree. Other than that, it's just a fantasy of yours.

You love your country, fine ! But don't let that fool you.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:38 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Mij wrote:

It's unfair to conflate "nationalism" (i.e. American) with "racism" (i.e. Black). I'm guessing that you used the words "Mexican" and "Asian" to also denote race. Mij did not use those words - you did, downer mydnyte.

What are these mysterious "dark forces", anyway? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:33 am 

Mij wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
Mij wrote:

While NRA collects millions too. Don't be blind ! NRA does nothing to help mankind. Above all, its goal is Money.

And Canada is a melting pot too. Have you seen the sikh behind Harper when in Ottawa parliament ? We have our lot of Haitians, muslims, latinos, etc...
Mass shootings don't happen as often here. Because we don't sell guns as easily as Americans do. No NRA here.
Dark force you say ? If you're talking about NRA, I agree. Other than that, it's just a fantasy of yours.

You love your country, fine ! But don't let that fool you.

You along with a few on this site know NOTHING about which you speak pay attention to this link and number 3......http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 2k&cad=rja

Post subject: Re: Fun Control?
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:32 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
You along with a few on this site know NOTHING about which you speak…..[continues with gibberish}

Are you the self-appointed judge presiding over this forum, or were you elected by others? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:07 am 

The only gibberish in this thread is in your head. I quoted mij& DM, read...... and posted a link to what i think refutes his assertion that the NRA does nothing for humanity, what say you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 53  Next