Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:25 am 

Philostopher wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
It's too late. The "bad" people are posing as the "good" people (and getting away with it)

I like that. You care if I use it elsewhere?

It was sorta used elsewhere already.

Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did You-Know-Who's bidding under the influence of the Imperius Curse. But here's the rub: How do we sort out the liars?

So, it looks like some Veritaserum is in order.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:02 am 

The gun industry and their support groups like the NRA are merely merchants of death who profit off of others misfortune. It doesn't get any lower than that. They don't deserve a single dime. Money spent on our children's future is a sound investment. The gun industry and NRA are nothing more than terrorist groups who make a killing off of killing. Teaching children how to murder their classmates is NOT a sound investment.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:13 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Philostopher wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
It's too late. The "bad" people are posing as the "good" people (and getting away with it)

I like that. You care if I use it elsewhere?

It was sorta used elsewhere already.

Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did You-Know-Who's bidding under the influence of the Imperius Curse. But here's the rub: How do we sort out the liars?

So, it looks like some Veritaserum is in order.

Thanks for the info. My son is the Harry Potter expert in our house.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:28 am 

The real real problem is that humans want to kill other humans. We've been over it.

It's pathetic that someone thinks posting stats on the internet is part of the solution. The solution is in each individuals brain. Laws never stop anything nor are they supposed to. It's all business as usual.

Are you gonna stop hate and killing? It's been going on since long before you got here. Humans make weapons. More humans=more weapons. Makes sense to me.

It's the endless barrage of lies that fuels the hate. SB spreads hatred and negativity (the kind of energy that leads to violence) around the forum on a regular basis and then has the nerve to claim that I am doing nothing to fight violence.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Again, fuck DM. Obvious chump. :roll: If you don't have, or refuse to accept a solution, you ARE part of the problem.

You obviously don't get it, and you never will, so go fuck yourself.

How does this talk reduce violence? Nobody has ever been shot because of me. You are combative, SB. You bring out the hate. Why don't you just shoot me? You goddamn phony.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:47 am 

Actually, this talk induces violence. At least it would do if it wasn't for the fact that most of the people "debating"* here are on my ignore list.** It's pretty simple: guns are made to kill - it's ridiculously easy to kill a person by shooting, since any place on the body could mean serious and potential lethal injury; amputation, severe blood loss etc. That's why you want to make sure that people you can't trust with anything that dangerous - kids, mentally ill, people with a short fuse - don't get their hands on one. You'd think it's logical...

*"debating" here actually means repeating your selectively informed opinion and saying "fuck you" for good measure.
** I use my ignore list to get rid of trolls, annoying people and oversized signature pics alike.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:19 pm 

BBP wrote:
Actually, this talk induces violence. At least it would do if it wasn't for the fact that most of the people "debating"* here are on my ignore list.** It's pretty simple: guns are made to kill - it's ridiculously easy to kill a person by shooting, since any place on the body could mean serious and potential lethal injury; amputation, severe blood loss etc. That's why you want to make sure that people you can't trust with anything that dangerous - kids, mentally ill, people with a short fuse - don't get their hands on one. You'd think it's logical...

*"debating" here actually means repeating your selectively informed opinion and saying "fuck you" for good measure.
** I use my ignore list to get rid of trolls, annoying people and oversized signature pics alike.

Probably the most sensible argument of this "debate". In short: Why make it easier for fuckwads [trademark jd] to kill innocent people?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:15 am 

There is no way any words written on this forum could ever induce me to commit an act of violence. I can usually tell within a few lines whether I want to read the post or not, and therefore don't feel the need to create an ignore list. I'm sorry you feel the need to do that in order to enjoy the forum, and I sincerely hope nothing I have said makes you think I'm violent or makes you feel the need to ignore me. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:55 pm 

I'm not commenting one way or another. I'm simply presenting an interesting ad from 1961.

See a 50-second ad (in color!) for the Roy Rogers Quick Shooter Hat here :arrow: https://archive.org/details/1961RoyRoge ... ShooterHat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:05 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
In short: Why make it easier for fuckwads [trademark jd] to kill innocent people?

You're not thinking things through.

The fuckwads are the ones who control the courts/laws/system. They are the biggest killers of all. You're asking why make it easier for fuckwads to get guns? The fuckwads control the guns. They manufacture and distribute the guns. They want you to kill each other and yet they are seen as the respectable good guys. It's absurd. You act like some group of saintly heroes are responsible for preventing street punks and psycho's from getting guns yet they can't do it until some laws get passed. The passers of laws are the fuckwads. Who created the fucking ghetto? Gangstas? No. It's the other way around. The ghetto created the gangsters.

How does a mans head get so fucked up that he goes to the mall and shoots strangers? What is wrong with our society? Laws are not curing it. Political agendas are all selfish and politicians work to create more confusion and unrest. They thrive on it. All safe up on the hill.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:08 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
The real real problem is that humans want to kill other humans. We've been over it.

It's pathetic that someone thinks posting stats on the internet is part of the solution. The solution is in each individuals brain. Laws never stop anything nor are they supposed to. It's all business as usual.

Are you gonna stop hate and killing? It's been going on since long before you got here. Humans make weapons. More humans=more weapons. Makes sense to me.

It's the endless barrage of lies that fuels the hate. SB spreads hatred and negativity (the kind of energy that leads to violence) around the forum on a regular basis and then has the nerve to claim that I am doing nothing to fight violence.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Again, fuck DM. Obvious chump. :roll: If you don't have, or refuse to accept a solution, you ARE part of the problem.

You obviously don't get it, and you never will, so go fuck yourself.

How does this talk reduce violence? Nobody has ever been shot because of me. You are combative, SB. You bring out the hate. Why don't you just shoot me? You goddamn phony.

...and this isn't combative, because you posted it?

downer mydnyte wrote:
Fuck SB's criteria. He's not worthy or qualified.

:roll:

Actually somebody HAS been shot because of you. Millions of people have been shot for your freedom. Some have even been blown to bits.

I'm more qualified than you will ever be regarding this subject as I've been shot before. I have first hand experience on the matter. I had to spen a couple of lovely days in the ICU all because some asshole with a gun who never should of had possession of one in the first place. I will always have a scar on my chest from where the bullet entered and had to be surgically removed. It was millimeters from hitting a major artery and puncturing my lung. I was also uninsured at the time, so not only was close to death, I had to pay out of pocket because of some fucked-up gun wacko.

You may call me phoney all you want, because you're an asshole (that's right), but if you ever met me, I'm the most real person you will have ever encountered. I've experienced some truly horrifying moments that I could write volumes about. I've also experience some of the most awesome moments in life. Never a dull moment in "Spacebro" land.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:16 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I'm more qualified than you will ever be regarding this subject as I've been shot before.

How do you know I haven't been affected by gun violence? You're ridiculous.
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Actually somebody HAS been shot because of you. Millions of people have been shot for your freedom.

You're fucked up. They should have checked with me before they got shot for my freedom because I am not free. Jesus died for my sins... is that what you're telling me? I'm not that gullible. Check with me first before you get shot for my freedom because I will tell you not to bother because it's not worth it. I'd rather die then have someone else shot for my freedom.

Grow up.

Last edited by downer mydnyte on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:16 pm 

tweedle-dumb needs to take his meds.

Then he might realize that a) Chicago and Washington, DC have the strictest firearm laws but have the HIGHEST amounts of firearm related deaths in the entire US and b) when Australia banned a large percentage of firearms in 1997, rapes increased 30% and violent crime increased nearly 50%, amongst other things...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:34 pm 

^DB, back to playing games.

SPACEBROTHER and Disco Boy are obviously getting paid to be here. Virus spreaders.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:48 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
.….Washington, DC [has one of] the strictest firearm laws but [has one of] the HIGHEST amounts of firearm related deaths in the entire US...

…..resulting from slack laws in Virginia and Maryland. These two states are contiguous with DC, which has a 61-square-mile land mass. This is equivalent to a patch of land running approximately 9 by 7 miles.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:58 am 

Chalk Full O' Nuthin' Boy wrote:

Then he might realize that a) Chicago and Washington, DC have the strictest firearm laws but have the HIGHEST amounts of firearm related deaths in the entire US...

WRONG

Quote:
Louisiana Has Highest Per Capita Gun Death Rate
http://www.thecrimereport.org/news/crim ... death-rate

According to the actual numbers located here...
http://www.vpc.org/fadeathchart10.htm

The top 20 states with the highest firearm death rates in order...
1. Louisiana
2. Mississippi
3. Alaska
4. Alabama
5. Nevada
6. Arkansas
7. Tennessee
8. New Mexico
9. Arizona
10. West Virginia
11. Montana
12. Wyoming
13. Kentucky
14. South Carolina
15. Oklahoma
16. Georgia
17. Missouri
18. Idaho
19. Florida
20. North Carolina

Illinois is ranked 39th for gun death rates. Significantly lower than the top 20 states for gun death rates.

Disco Douche needs to stop taking his meds because he's obviously incapable of deciphering reality from fantasy. Proven wrong yet again...and again...and again...and again...and again.

Virginia ranks 24th and Maryland ranks 21st, both significantly higher than Illinois.

Thanks for the added reality check here Mr. Nice Guy! A couple of people on this forum are "reality challenged".

downer mydnyte wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I'm more qualified than you will ever be regarding this subject as I've been shot before.

How do you know I haven't been affected by gun violence? You're ridiculous.
I don't know how you've been affected anymore than you know how much I've been affected. If the ridiculousness fits. :roll:
downer mydnyte wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Actually somebody HAS been shot because of you. Millions of people have been shot for your freedom.

You're fucked up. They should have checked with me before they got shot for my freedom because I am not free. Jesus died for my sins... is that what you're telling me? I'm not that gullible. Check with me first before you get shot for my freedom because I will tell you not to bother because it's not worth it. I'd rather die then have someone else shot for my freedom.
Oh, so you were around long enough to witness the Revolutionary War, The Civil War, WWI, WWII and the Korean War? Were you even alive yet during the Vietnam War?

You've just shown blatant disrespect towards our military personal by saying they should have checked with you before they got shot and maimed for your freedom. Good job assface. :roll:

downer mydnyte wrote:
Grow up.

You've just displayed yet another example of hypocrisy regarding confrontational posts. Your rapidly proving yourself to be as moronic as Disco Douche.

You, Disco Douche and a rope leash need to educate yourselves before entering discussions about gun violence and politics. I recommend you start here...
http://www.vpc.org/press/1006gundeath.htm
...and here...
http://www.vpc.org/fadeathchart10.htm

These take every reported incident into account. I'm sorry that you guys are perpetually stuck in some alternate fantasy based universe and can't accept reality.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:01 am 

You may have seen this elsewhere. In case you missed it.
The bad logic of those in favor of more restrictive gun control:

Blaming guns for killing people is like
blaming pencils for bad spelling
blaming cars for drunk drivers
or blaming spoons for making Rosie O'Donnel fat.

It's the people stupid! (or is it the stupid people?)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:21 am 

You don't let kids under 16 drive either, do you? Or people with conflicting medication? Or, out here, regular drunkards? Or people with bad eyesight or epilepsia?

Why? Car is dangerous. Cars drive at great speed and require skill to be controlled properly - road accidents can even be lethal at low speeds.

Makes sense, huh?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:27 am 

unfortunately you can drive at 14 in many states in the us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:42 am 

F.Natural wrote:
You may have seen this elsewhere. In case you missed it.
The bad logic of those in favor of more restrictive gun control:

Blaming guns for killing people is like
blaming pencils for bad spelling
blaming cars for drunk drivers
or blaming spoons for making Rosie O'Donnel fat.

It's the people stupid! (or is it the stupid people?)

Weak gun laws and higher gun ownerships per capita = higher gun death rates per capita

This point has been proven here dozens of times.

States With Higher Gun Ownership and Weak Gun Laws Lead Nation in Gun Death
Alaska, Louisiana, Montana, Alabama, and Wyoming Have Highest Gun Death Rates

https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2013/02/07-8

No matter how much you pro-gun people deny the reality, the numbers and stats STILL don't lie. Don't believe the multi-billion dollar, multi-national corporate gun industry propaganda.

It's like saying...
Cigarettes don't kill people, people smoking cigarettes kill people.
...of course, the second hand smoke can also kill people. The cigarette industry lies of days past are no different than the gun industry lies that are ongoing. America is doomed by the plague of ignorance and denial regarding the proven facts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:16 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:22 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
.….Washington, DC [has one of] the strictest firearm laws but [has one of] the HIGHEST amounts of firearm related deaths in the entire US...

…..resulting from slack laws in Virginia and Maryland. These two states are contiguous with DC, which has a 61-square-mile land mass. This is equivalent to a patch of land running approximately 9 by 7 miles.

That does NOT disprove what I've stated. In fact, it doesn't even make sense. :roll:

You're entering into tweedle-dumb territory here. And that's NOT a good thing...

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Then he might realize that a) Chicago and Washington, DC have the strictest firearm laws but have the HIGHEST amounts of firearm related deaths in the entire US...

WRONG

No. they're not wrong. They are from OFFICIAL sources, asshole.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled posting of UNOFFICIAL stats... :roll:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:01 pm 

Official NRA pro-gun propaganda sources. The actual numbers and graphs from the actual officially documented law enforcement numbers prove you wrong....again...and again...and again... We've already covered this. You reposting the same fictional information will never change the proven official law enforcement data, stats and numbers.

You simply can't accept being wrong. Nothing new there. :roll:

Post subject: Re: Fun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:10 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

That does NOT disprove what I've stated. In fact, it doesn't even make sense. :roll:

Well, you haven't given a reason as to why you've written "it doesn't make sense". From what I gather, you are insensible.

in·sen·si·ble

adjective
adjective: insensible
1. without one's mental faculties, typically a result of violence or intoxication; unconscious.

2. unaware of; indifferent to.

Post subject: Re: Fun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:45 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Official NRA pro-gun propaganda sources. The actual numbers and graphs from the actual officially documented law enforcement numbers prove you wrong....again...and again...and again... We've already covered this. You reposting the same fictional information will never change the proven official law enforcement data, stats and numbers.

You simply can't accept being wrong. Nothing new there. :roll:

Holy shit, you're a fucking idiot.

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Well, you haven't given a reason as to why you've written "it doesn't make sense". From what I gather, you are insensible.

in·sen·si·ble

adjective
adjective: insensible
1. without one's mental faculties, typically a result of violence or intoxication; unconscious.

2. unaware of; indifferent to.

STOP fucking around.

You stated in your previous post about "slack laws" and were referring to states. I'm referring to cities and strict laws. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:23 pm 

Holy Shit, I'm still right and your myths continue to be debunked day after day after day...again...and again...and again.

Weaker gun laws and higher ownerships per capita = higher gun death rates per capita.

Stronger gun laws and lower ownerships per capita = lower gun death rates per capita.

So simple that Disco Douche has proven himself incapable of accepting reality and facts when broken down to it's most basic terms. Yet another Disco douche myth debunked...again...and again...and again...

edit - Even when your talking cities, Chicago, with it's stricter gun laws and lower ownership per capita, has a lower gun death rate per 100,000 than almost every single city with weaker gun laws and higher ownerships.

http://www.citylab.com/crime/2012/12/ge ... ence/4171/

...again...and again...and again...and again..another Disco Douche myth debunked...again...and again.

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 53  Next