Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:23 pm 

tweedle-douche wrote:

You haven't proven SHIT.

And it's perfectly reasonable and a very strongest argument to state that since 68% of the population live on only $2 per day, logically means that TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE can't afford firearms to defend themselves...

edited -

I've proven that you don't have a clue, your poor grammar aside.

Tens of millions of people in a country with a population of 1.3 billion isn't 68% of it's population. You fail yet again.

I've also proven that because of India's strong gun laws and lower gun ownership rates per capita, their crime rate is significantly lower than the US.

Now lets see you attempt to explain away how 10 million people (gosh, where have we heard that number before? :roll: ) out of 1.3 billion is 68% of the population.

You're getting dumber by every letter you type. You might want to quit smoking dope for a while as your numbers are off by approximately 700,000,000 or so.

Pardon the expression, but debating tweedle-douche is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:17 am 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/2 ... r=Business

"Suicide is the leading cause of gun-related deaths across the nation in recent years. Of the 32,351 firearm deaths in 2011, nearly 20,000 were suicides."

Bit of a conundrum. Should gun control advocates celebrate that there are 20,000 less gun owners kicking around?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:35 am 

brainpang wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/29/states-gun-violence_n_5541292.html?ir=Business

"Suicide is the leading cause of gun-related deaths across the nation in recent years. Of the 32,351 firearm deaths in 2011, nearly 20,000 were suicides."

Bit of a conundrum. Should gun control advocates celebrate that there are 20,000 less gun owners kicking around?

At least they weren't chumps.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:30 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
brainpang wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/29/states-gun-violence_n_5541292.html?ir=Business

At least they weren't chumps.

Whether these people kill themselves, shoot up schools, go out on gang shootings, rob banks, murder their spouses and what not, the gun industry still makes it's money. Being merchants of death is a highly lucrative enterprise and is part of the free market.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:44 am 

Typo there SB, merchant of fire arms is the correct explanation, or do you consider companies that manufacture automobiles merchants of death also. One is an opinion the other fact.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:30 pm 

Automobiles aren't designed with the intention to fire projectiles that puncture flesh or disable targets. People aren't robbing banks with Buicks tucked underneath their overcoats. People aren't shooting semi-automatic Chevy Volts at school children.

The sole purpose of the design of firearms is to cause bodily harm and/or incapacitate it's target. They don't build roll cages, seat belts and air bags for M16s. It's actually harder to get a car than it is a gun....go figure.

The gun industry folks are nothing but death merchants, and they are making (pardon the pun) "a killing". Literally.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:13 pm 

Spinn all you want, how about cigarettes , alcohol, they know it will kill you even has a warning on the package, just like a gun, only you can buy your booze, smoke your joint, and get in your car and ...........wait for it.....KILL someone. The manufacturer's know their products kill and are purchased to kill.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:55 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
tweedle-douche wrote:

You haven't proven SHIT.

And it's perfectly reasonable and a very strongest argument to state that since 68% of the population live on only $2 per day, logically means that TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE can't afford firearms to defend themselves...

edited -

Tens of millions of people in a country with a population of 1.3 billion isn't 68% of it's population. You fail yet again.

I've also proven that because of India's strong gun laws and lower gun ownership rates per capita, their crime rate is significantly lower than the US.

Now lets see you attempt to explain away how 10 million people (gosh, where have we heard that number before? :roll: ) out of 1.3 billion is 68% of the population.

You're getting dumber by every letter you type. You might want to quit smoking dope for a while as your numbers are off by approximately 700,000,000 or so.

Pardon the expression, but debating tweedle-douche is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Wtf?!

The other 700 or so million people aren't AS poor as the 68% BUT the majority of the other 32% are still poor and hence most still wouldn't be able to afford firearms.

I guess you also think 2+2 = 5?! :roll:

And let's not forget that there are 35,000+ vehicular, 80,000+ alcohol and over 440,000 tobacco deaths, but only 10-12,000 firearm deaths (and about 3/4 of those are gang or suicide related) in the US annually...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:28 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Spinn all you want, how about cigarettes , alcohol, they know it will kill you even has a warning on the package, just like a gun, only you can buy your booze, smoke your joint, and get in your car and ...........wait for it.....KILL someone. The manufacturer's know their products kill and are purchased to kill.

People aren't exactly lining up to rob banks with empty beer cans and wine glasses. Gangs aren't murdering other gangs or innocent bystanders by throwing packs of cigarettes at each other. The murderers at Columbine and Sandyhook didn't kill classrooms full of children by drinking and spitting chewing tobacco at them to death.

In some places, the penalties for killing somebody from drunk driving are stiffer than murdering somebody with a gun. Florida and their "Stand Your Ground" law is a prime example.

tweedle-douche wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
tweedle-douche wrote:

You haven't proven SHIT.

edited -

Wtf?!

The other 700 or so million people aren't AS poor as the 68% BUT the majority of the other 32% are still poor and hence most still wouldn't be able to afford firearms.

I guess you also think 2+2 = 5?! :roll:

And let's not forget that there are 35,000+ vehicular, 80,000+ alcohol and over 440,000 tobacco deaths, but only 10-12,000 firearm deaths (and about 3/4 of those are gang or suicide related) in the US annually...

Um, you claimed tens of millions of people out of 1.2 billion people was the equivalent of 68% of the population in India. DUH...are you really that stupid or just high? :roll:

Regardless, it's a proven FACT that stricter gun laws and lower ownerships per capita = lower gun death rates per capita. The India example proves that and proves you wrong. Get over it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:41 am 

It really strikes me as odd that gun supporters and aficionados are throwing their support behind a person who posted pictures of themselves posing with poached animals that are endangered species. No amount of money spent changes the fact that it is poaching, even if the impoverished country gives the green light to do so.

http://www.today.com/news/teenage-hunte ... 1D79876418

It's not like they are thinning out over-populated herds of deer or invasive species.

The gun industry is obviously in the exploitation business as well as being merchants of death. Hunting off animals that are near extinction is the ultimate in greed and irresponsibility. What happens when they've killed off all of the animals? Guess whose next...

Killing off critical parts of the worlds eco system brings humanity that much closer to it's own demise...all in the name of greed and profiteering.

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:53 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The gun industry is obviously in the exploitation business as well as being merchants of death. Hunting off animals that are near extinction is the ultimate in greed and irresponsibility. What happens when they've killed off all of the animals? Guess whose next...

Killing off critical parts of the worlds eco system brings humanity that much closer to it's own demise...all in the name of greed and profiteering.

:roll:

I'm not trying to make some argument claiming it is ok to go ahead and kill all the animals, but claiming that "Killing off critical parts of the worlds eco system brings humanity that much closer to it's own demise" is a bit ridiculous. Let's look at the scoreboard:

99.9% of All Species Have Already Gone Extinct

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2007/09/999 ... xtinct.htm

Humanity: Still thriving, stronger than ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:54 am 

don't bother debating SB , it, has showed us all that twisting events, and facts, on all parts of life in the universe is what , it's, goal is. Just to be argumentative , and bigoted and racist at the same time. i am referring to sb as, it, as i am finding trouble seeing sb as a person.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:44 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
don't bother debating SB , it, has showed us all that twisting events, and facts, on all parts of life in the universe is what , it's, goal is. Just to be argumentative , and bigoted and racist at the same time. i am referring to sb as, it, as i am finding trouble seeing sb as a person.

ROTF! :mrgreen:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:13 pm 

I, personally, do not find DB's argument very logical here, as he seems to be stating it under the premise that only somebody with sufficient funds to buy a gun will commit a violent crime with it. It is my perception that is generally those with insufficient funds who commit crimes with guns. DB's argument conjures up the following vision.
SCENE: A Gun Shop
POTENTIALLY VIOLENT CRIMINAL: Hello, I'm a potentially violent criminal with sufficient income. I was thinking of increasing my capital by engaging in a violent crime with some firearms.
GUN SHOP OWNER: What kind of violent crime, would that be, sir? A simple stick-up? A bank robbery? A homicide?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:09 am 

Caputh wrote:
POTENTIALLY VIOLENT CRIMINAL: Hello, I'm a potentially violent criminal with sufficient income. I was thinking of increasing my capital by engaging in a violent crime with some firearms.
GUN SHOP OWNER: What kind of violent crime, would that be, sir? A simple stick-up? A bank robbery? A homicide?

POTENTIALLY VIOLENT CRIMINAL: Do you have a ' One Size Fits All ? "

Cue for SB to show up

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:48 am 

pedro2 wrote:
Caputh wrote:

POTENTIALLY VIOLENT CRIMINAL: Do you have a ' One Size Fits All ? "

Cue for SB to show up

:lol:

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:00 pm 

So now we have BOTH misquoting/misinterpreting my statements in the same thread on the same page!

Excellent! Maybe next time, their assistant will engage in a threesome with them?!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:51 am 

I own several firearms and I love going to the range. My favorite is my Lady Smith .357 snub nose.

Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:14 am 

Looks like you are shooting trap with an 870 wingmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:41 am 

Aim for the little hut on the bottom left! You can't miss it! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51