Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:43 am 

BBP wrote:
I'm pretty disturbed by the existence of a gun for toddlers. A gun is not a toy.

When I was a child, my parents refused to buy me and my bro toy guns. We had to make do with sticks and guttural noises. If you had put a real gun in my hand at the age of 5 and let me go off with it, I'm pretty sure a number of deaths would have been the result.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:09 am 

I will agree that if a parent gives a "toddler" like caputh a gun and lets them "go off with it" , then the parents are idiots. in my case most of my friends got bb guns, and acted like the kid in Christmas story, so I wanted one, my parents theory was that we would shoot at each other, so they said ok you can have a 22, ......BUT here are the rules; it will be locked up unless used under supervision by either mom or dad, and then the golden rule that I still live by,( unless I am target practicing), :

Never point a gun at anything you do not intend to shoot,never shoot anything you not intend to kill, never kill anything you do not intend to eat. I was told this rule was handed down from my 5th great grand father, who came here from Scotland in 1750, by the way he fought in the revolution, and worked with G Washington in western Pa, surveying fort pitt which is now Pittsburgh.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:18 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
the golden rule that I still live by,( unless I am target practicing), :

Never point a gun at anything you do not intend to shoot,never shoot anything you not intend to kill, never kill anything you do not intend to eat. I was told this rule was handed down from my 5th great grand father, who came here from Scotland in 1750, by the way he fought in the revolution, and worked with G Washington in western Pa, surveying fort pitt which is now Pittsburgh.

So, did he shoot anyone in the Revolution? And if so, did he eat them? :mrgreen:

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Speaking of a 5 year old with a .22 caliber firearm...

Quote:
A 5-year-old Kentucky boy who received a .22-caliber rifle as a gift accidentally shot and killed his 2-year-old sister on Tuesday, according to state police.

Maybe the kid was hungry.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:37 am 

Be careful honey and be on the lookout for the Progressives...er I mean Regressives

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:11 am 

MAJOR SCHOOL SHOOTINGS IN THE UNITED STATES - 2004 - 2005 School year

August 19, 2004: Greenwood, MS

A 15-year-old male high school student received a shotgun wound to the neck and later died from the incident which occurred in a park around 7pm. The incident occurred after the victim left a school function honoring school athletes at a nearby school stadium. A 17-year-old male was subsequently taken into custody. Family members stated that the incident stemmed from a conflict with another male student at the high school and that this ongoing conflict, which reportedly involved groups of young males, had also been reported to school officials this year and last year. Three high school students and four middle school were arrested for fighting the next morning on their respective campuses, although initial reports could not confirm whether or not the fights were related to the killing on the prior night.

August 30, 2004: Maywood, IL

A 22-year-old male brother of a high school student was killed in a possible gang-related shooting in a high school student parking lot while waiting to pick up his brother around 2:30pm. The victim was reportedly standing outside his vehicle when he began quarreling with another male non-student in another car, at which time the second man reportedly pulled out a gun after exiting his car. The two reportedly struggled and the victim was shot once in the chest.

October 7, 2004: Newburyport, MA

A 15-year-old male high school student shot and killed himself outside of his high school around 10:00pm. The male was reportedly despondent after a falling out with a female student. He had attempted unsuccessfully to visit the female, who lived across the street, prior to the suicide. A total of five shots had been fired prior to his body being found on the steps of his high school. The school's superintendent held an assembly about the incident and made counselors available to students.

October 16, 2004: Houston, TX

A 19-year-old male was reportedly shot and killed by a school police officer around 1:45am on an elementary school campus. The officer indicated that he shot the male, who he encountered attempting to pry open an outdoor vending machine on campus, after the male threatened to shoot him and then reached in his pocket. The male was later found to have had a screwdriver in his pocket.

October 20, 2004: Hayward, CA

A 32-year-old male was shot and killed in the parking lot of an elementary school around 9:55pm.

November 22, 2004: Philadelphia, PA

An 18-year-old former student was shot and killed, and two current female students were injured, in a shooting outside of a North Philadelphia high school.

December 10, 2004: Nine Mile Falls, WA

A 16-year-old male high school junior shot himself in the head and later died in an act of suicide committed at the high school's entryway around 1:20pm during a school day. The school was placed in lockdown and students were later released. A canister holding fireworks, shotgun shells, and rifle cartridges was found in a backpack belonging to the student around 3:30pm.

January 5, 2005: Philadelphia, PA

An 18-year-old, non-student male was shot in the head outside of a Philadelphia vocational high school as students were dismissed from school. The victim died the next day. Many of the school's 1,600 students were taken to the school's auditorium right after the shooting as the school's safety plan was engaged. Once police secured the outside area, students were reportedly released.

February 22, 2005: Hartford, CT

A 15-year-old male honor student was shot and later died while walking home from a high school basketball game. The victim was reportedly walking home about about 10 other people, primarily girls. The victim's sister said that a car pulled up to the group and shots rang out as the victim neared the driveway of his sitter's home.

February 24, 2005: Long Beach, CA

One student was killed and another student was shot while walking from their high school around 1:15pm toward an area with a collection of restaurants. Police reported that a group of about a half-dozen students were walking down the street when they encountered a group of gang members near a motel. Words were reportedly exchanged and shots were fired, with the two students being struck. School officials were planning to have counselors available at the school.

February 28, 2005: Prentiss, MS

A 16-year-old male alternative school student was found shot to death on a street about 3 miles from his school. The superintendent indicated that he had taken the bus to school but never showed up inside the school building. According to reports, he suffered four gunshot wounds to the chest and abdomen. The school is located in a mobile home on the property of Prentiss High School.

March 2, 2005: Cumberland City, TN

A 47-year-old female school bus driver was shot and killed around 6:15am while driving a school bus carrying approximately 20 students ranging from kindergarten to 12th grade. The bus reportedly drove into a utility police and crashed afterwards, but nobody was injured. The district's superintendent reported that an older student on the bus was not able to get his foot on the break, but was able to steer the moving bus into the utility pole to bring it to a safe stop. A 14-year-old male high school freshman student suspect was taken into custody. The gun used was said to be a .45-caliber handgun. The suspect reportedly had been one of several students reported to administrators by the driver for chewing tobacco on the bus.

March 16, 2005: Pittsburgh, PA

A 16-year-old male 9th grade high school student was shot in the head and torso, and killed in a drive-by shooting while sitting in a Geo Tracker vehicle outside of his school around 2:00pm. Two other students in the car were injured and ran into the school after the attack. The school went into a lockdown for two hours, according to reports. A 17-year-old was subsequently arrested while police continued to look for the AK-47 used in the shooting. The attack reportedly stemmed from an ongoing conflict between youth from two rival neighborhoods.

March 18, 2005: Los Angeles, CA

A 15-year-old female high school student was shot in the head while awaiting a ride home from her aunt near the gates at her high school. The girl later died. Police believe that she was the unintended target in a gang-related shooting. An 18-year-old male was subsequently arrested in connection with the shooting.

March 21, 2005: Red Lake, MN

A 16-year-old male high school student allegedly shot and killed five students, a teacher, a security guard, and himself at his high school. Seven others were reportedly wounded. The student is believed to have also killed his grandfather and grandfather's female companion.

March 23, 2005: Indiana, PA
A 51-year-old male was shot and killed by police outside of a senior high school building after 2:00pm. Police had reportedly been called due to a man walking in the area of the school with a gun. School officials indicate the man had been buzzed into the school after indicating he was seeking an employment application. He went to the office and then was directed to the district's administration center. Upon leaving the building, he was confronted by police, at which time he reportedly pulled out what appeared to be a 9mm handgun and pointed it at a police officer, who shot him. The male was shot a second time as he allegedly went to get the gun again. The male later died. The gun was subsequently found to be a pellet gun. School officials said the school went into lockdown. Counselors were made available the next day for students.

April 27, 2005: San Gabriel, CA

A 17-year-old male high school student, a popular school athlete, was shot to death about a block from his school around 1:56pm in the afternoon. The victim reportedly was shot following an altercation with four males in a van. Police later arrested a 23-year-old suspect.

May 17, 2005: Lower Allen Township, PA

A 47-year-old male allegedly shot a 32-year-old female several times and then turned the gun on himself during an argument around 3:00pm in an elementary school parking lot. The murder-suicide was described as resulting from "domestic violence" which did not result in direct harm to students or staff at the school. The school was locked down and students were later released on the opposite side of the building according to reports.

July 18, 2005: Newark, NJ

A 35-year-old male school police officer was shot in the head and killed around 1:30pm by one of two attackers who drove up in a reportedly stolen car as the officer and his partner attempted to break up two girls fighting near the high school's athletic field shortly after summer school dismissal. His partner, who was shot in the finger, was treated and released from the hospital. This incident reportedly stemmed from a conflict that started in the neighborhood over the weekend.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:28 am 

Witt escapes you LS...DD. Stick to posting pix with ready made....er captions.

More pix of chicks with guns and tattoos!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:25 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

For you KK because I like ya ! Really I do !

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:33 am 

Little_Sally wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Oh, I bet you do! :|

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:14 am 

MAJOR SCHOOL SHOOTINGS IN THE UNITED STATES - MAJOR SCHOOL SHOOTINGS IN THE UNITED STATES - 2003 - 2004 School year

August 14, 2003: Columbus, GA
A 14-year-old female high school student, visiting her former teachers at a middle school, is shot and killed by a 13-year-old male in a wooded area behind the middle school School. Several youths went into the woods to see a fight between two boys, according to police, when one pulled out a gun and the observers fled and the female was shot.

August 19, 2003: Meraux, LA
A 39-year-old male was arrested after a man holding his 2-year-old son was shot to death and the child seriously wounded near a crowded school bus stop. The suspect reportedly grabbed a shotgun out of his car and started firing, according to police. Another man, who had taken his son to get on a bus, was wounded in the leg.

August 28, 2003: Coralville, IA
A 24-year-old man was shot and killed by police following a police chase onto an elementary school property. Students were still on playground at the time of the incident and three schools were subsequently called into a lockdown.

August 29, 2003: Georgetown, SC
A 22-year-old male was shot to death after an argument following a football game at Georgetown High School. Police say the fight started at the game, but that the victim was killed in a nearby shopping center parking lot.

September 4, 2003: Brighton, CO
A 15-year-old male was killed and his 16-year-old brother was injured in a shooting during school hours near Adams City High School, triggering the lockdown of schools in the area.

September 5, 2003: San Diego, CA
A 14-year-old boy jogging with his high school cross-country team is shot and killed in an ambush by his father, who then killed himself after a standoff with police.

September 10, 2003: Vicksburg, MS
A 20-year-old male high school junior was charged with murder for allegedly shooting a 20-year-old non-student once in the chest while on access road near the school's football field around 2:30pm while school was still in session.

September 10, 2003: Chicago, IL
A 16-year-old male was charged with killing a 16-year-old male Proviso East High School student. The victim was shot in the chest after leaving the school, which had been dismissed early for a staff development day.

September 10, 2003: Fort Worth, TX
A 16-year-old boy allegedly fatally shot a classmate, then dumped his body in a nearby construction site.

September 11, 2003: Tucson, AZ
A 17-year-old student at Tucson High Magnet School was shot and killed off campus near an underpass after school. A 15-year-old was also shot and treated. Police said the shooting may be gang-related.

September 16, 2003: Hopkinsville, KY
A 16-year-old girl fatally shot another teen and then killed herself as the two sat in a car parked at a shopping center across from their school.

September 24, 2003: Cold Spring, MN
A 15-year-old allegedly shot two students at Rocori High School. One student died the day of the shooting and the second shot student died in the hospital on October 10, 2003.

September 30, 2003: Sacramento, CA
A 15-year-old boy was shot to death after an argument near C.K. McClatchy High School as dozens of students watched the attack. Witnesses said the victim was standing near a sandwich shop a block from the school when he began arguing with another teenage boy who was exchanging insults with the girlfriend of the victim's best friend. A school resource officer ran to the victim and initiated CPR, but he was pronounced dead at UC Davis Medical Center.

October 23, 2003: Landover, MD
A man's body was found in the parking lot of an elementary school by a school maintenance worker at 6:00am. The victim had been shot multiple times. The elementary school was closed for the day and students were bused to a nearby high school to attend classes while police officials processed the crime scene.

October 30, 2003: Washington, DC
A 16-year-old, 11th-grade male student was shot and killed outside of the high school. The victim was shot by stray bullet from a 15-year-old male who reportedly was attempting to shoot at a vehicle containing members of a rival gang. A 15-year-old female was also shot in the wrist by a stray bullet.

November 4, 2003: Bexar County, TX
A 17-year-old male high school student was charged with murder for allegedly fatally shooting another 17-year-old male high school student during a street brawl that stemmed from a dispute that had started at Judson High School, according to reports. Police said that around 3:45pm, a group of 8 to 12 males rode their bikes after school to the home of the suspect and then ganged up on him near his home. As the group fought, a resident came out of his home and fired two rounds in the air from a rifle in order to frighten the fighters. The resident put down the gun and the group went to beat up the resident, during which time the suspect reportedly picked up the rifle and fired a shot, hitting the victim in the stomach.

November 6, 2003: San Francisco, CA
A 15-year-old male high school student on the way to an after-school job was shot and killed two blocks from the school on a city bus by a 16-year-old male. The victim was reportedly an innocent bystander. The suspect allegedly fired at someone else during a fight between students from two separate high schools on the bus but the bullet struck the victim in the face. School officials from both schools subsequently canceled weekend football games in fear of retaliation.

November 8, 2003: Sugar Land, TX
A 17-year-old female high school student, an innocent bystander, was shot and killed as a fight broke out at the side of a stadium at a high school football game. A 21-year-old male was subsequently arrested and charged.

November 10, 2003: Buffalo, NY
A teenage male was shot and killed in the back parking lot of Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School around 4:00pm. All students were gone but a teacher still working inside heard at least three shots, looked outside, and observed the victim laying in the lot next to his car.

December 2, 2003: Chicago, IL
A Chicago police officer shot and killed an 18-year-old male after the suspect refused to put down his revolver after being stopped on the playground of Fermi elementary school at 9:40pm. Police reportedly found five bags of crack cocaine, one bag of suspected marijuana, and $260 in the suspect's pocket. Police were said to be on alert in the area because of several recent shooting incidents.

January 21, 2004: Henderson, NV
Police shot and killed a 40-year-old male gunman outside an elementary school after he allegedly shot a hostage in a car and walked through the campus searching for his ex-girlfriend. School administrators said 27 children were in an after-school program for kindergarten through 5th graders when the gunman at the time of the incident around 4:50pm. Police said the gunman went through the campus but did not find his ex-girlfriend, who reportedly had been at the school picking up a child.

February 2, 2004: Washington, DC
A 17-year-old male high school student died after being shot several times in the chest around 10:30am near the school's cafeteria. An 18-year-old student was also grazed in the leg by a bullet. All individuals involved were believed to be students according to initial reports.

February 11, 2004: Philadelphia, PA
A 10-year-old male elementary school student was shot in the face and died after five days in the hospital as one group of men in a car and another group on foot exchanged gunfire outside a Philadelphia elementary school around 8:30am. A 56-year-old female school crossing guard was also shot in the foot. Police said the guard acted heroically to scurry children across the street as bullets were flying and children were on the playground.

February 20, 2004: St. Martinville, LA
A 41-year-old part-time city police officer, who was also a school custodian at a city junior high school, allegedly called his 19-year-old girlfriend outside of her father's church and school where she worked, and then shot her to death around 11:15am. The victim was reportedly shot several times, just feet from the school full of children, who stood in a doorway crying and holding on to each other.

March 17, 2004: Joyce, WA
A 13-year-old male student shot and killed himself in a school classroom where about 20 other students were present. The male reportedly brought a .22-caliber rifle hidden in a guitar case and pulled it out without notice or threat to others, shooting himself in the chest at around 10:00am. The student had been in the back corner of the classroom for about two hours before the incident, according to the superintendent.

April 23, 2004: Tampa, FL
A 54-year-old female custodian was found dead at her new job at a middle school. She was found in a classroom by another custodian around 7:35pm that evening. She was alive but efforts to revive her were unsuccessful and she was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said the victim suffered upper body injuries and that she was not shot, but they were still attempting to identify the weapon/method used in the attack. A 36-year-old male registered sex offender was later arrested and charged.

May 24, 2004: Salt Lake City, UT
A 39-year-old female high school cafeteria worker was shot in the chest and head as she walked out of the faculty parking lot at the school around 6:00am. The suspect, her 52-year-old estranged husband, reportedly then shot and killed himself with one shot to the head. The suspect reportedly had walked up to the victim after she got out of her vehicle in the faculty parking lot and a struggle ensued after the male pulled out the gun. Both bodies were found on a grassy area in front of the school's faculty parking lot. Police cordoned off the area as students arrived and held up sheets to block their view before the bodies were removed by the medical examiner's office. Police later said the couple was in the process of a divorce. Counselors were made available at the school, which is located near downtown Salt Lake City.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:01 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:50 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Little_Sally wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Oh, I bet you do! :|

Well a person can change some ya know, I really do admire you as a big FRANK ZAPPA fan...long live the best music ever !!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:39 pm 

Music is the best!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:29 pm 

duchamp wrote:

Served the guy right for handing a loaded weapon to a child. :P

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:59 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
duchamp wrote:

He's just emulating his Daddy.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:04 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
duchamp wrote:

He's just emulating his Daddy.

The kid was just hungry.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:12 am 

Ben Watson...Poodle Play:
"(...) Phaze III finishes with Waffenspiel (weapon play in German), a recording of homeowners in the San Fernando Valley shooting their automatic weapons skyward at New Year in 1987. What should be celebratory fireworks has become a manifestation of property-owner paranoia and aggression. The pained expression on Zappa´s face as he described these "assholes" to me said everything about his art´s relation to society (...)"

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:15 am 

brainpang wrote:
Ben Watson...Poodle Play:
"(...) Phaze III finishes with Waffenspiel (weapon play in German), a recording of homeowners in the San Fernando Valley shooting their automatic weapons skyward at New Year in 1987. What should be celebratory fireworks has become a manifestation of property-owner paranoia and aggression. The pained expression on Zappa´s face as he described these "assholes" to me said everything about his art´s relation to society (...)"

Great point! I remember reading that interview a long time ago, and wanted to post it here, but forgot the source and was unable to find it online. Thanks for finding that bp! Zappa got it!

-edited to correct a typo.

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Fri May 03, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:42 am 

I guess i don't get the comparison to shooting off a gun on new years and property owner paranoia. Other than the legality of shooting a gun in city limits who cares?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:01 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I guess i don't get the comparison to shooting off a gun on new years and property owner paranoia. Other than the legality of shooting a gun in city limits who cares?

Unfortunately , what goes up , must come down.

Living in Phoenix back in the 80's , a person was found dead in his bed early New Years Day because of this ' ritual '.

There are responsible gun owners , but that nonsense is comparable to drunk driving doing 100 mph in a residential area.

:|

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:32 pm 

yea unless you live in the country and are sure of your backdrop.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:27 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
yea unless you live in the country and are sure of your backdrop.

...and hit a stray cute coyote or worse a cuter chipmunk! You careless animal you! :twisted:

You'd think they would get blanks for such annual activities! :roll:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:30 am 

Yea blanks who cares where I live there is a bounty on yotes, which by the way is our state animal. Some people live miles from the next human, like i said in city limits not so much, heck Space bro can just shoot his mouth off, I think I just heard him .

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:56 am 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:22 am 

MAJOR SCHOOL SHOOTINGS IN THE UNITED STATES - 2002 - 2003 School year

October 4, 2002: San Antonio, TX
A 13-year-old 8th grade female middle school student fatally shot herself in the left temple with a 9mm handgun in front of a group of friends in the school parking lot.

December 12, 2002: Carson, WA
A 13-year-old male fired a rifle shot into a middle school, injuring two students with broken glass, and then used the gun to kill himself according to police reports.

December 16, 2002: Chicago, IL
An 18-year-old male high school basketball team captain was fatally shot outside of Englewood High School, while trying to protect his sister from two other male students, according to school and police officials. His 17-year-old sister was shot in the leg during the incident.

April 14, 2003: New Orleans, LA
A 15-year-old male was shot several times in the head and body, and died, as three assailants with an AK-47 assault rifle and two handguns stormed the building. Four other students were also hurt.

April 15, 2003: Minneapolis, MN
A 16-year-old male student was shot and killed at a bus stop while awaiting a school bus around 8:00am. Around 7:00am, a 15-year-old suffered minor injuries during a drive-by shooting in an unrelated incident.

April 16, 2003: Addison, Texas
A 12-year-old sixth grade female student reportedly committed suicide by shooting herself in a private school restroom.

April 24, 2003: Red Lion, PA
A 14-year-old male junior high school student shot and killed his principal inside a crowded cafeteria and then killed himself with a second gun, according to police.

May 13, 2003: Sidman, PA
An 18-year-old male high school senior shot and killed himself in his parked car outside of the school.

June 4, 2003: Wellsboro, PA
A 12-year-old, fifth-grade male middle school student committed suicide in the school's first floor restroom. The boy reportedly brought multiple guns, including a rifle, to the school in a duffel bag. Students were reportedly allowed to bring duffel bags because of a year-end field trip to an area swimming pool.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:43 pm 

You go girl !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 53  Next