Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:02 am 

The person posting under the name "Little_Sally" sure has been posting as awful lot of pictures of kids lately. Anybody else besides me find that creepy and pedophileish?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:57 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The person posting under the name "Little_Sally" sure has been posting as awful lot of pictures of kids lately. Anybody else besides me find that creepy and pedophileish?

No, not really. I teach youngsters to handle guns so they can handle persons like you.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:32 am 

MAJOR SCHOOL SHOOTINGS IN THE UNITED STATES - 2001 - 2002 School year

August 13, 2001: Dallas, TX
A 26-year-old male shot and killed his 18-year-old ex-wife and her two children, ages 6 and 18 months, in a car outside of an elementary school around 6:50pm. A 13-year-old brother of the woman was in the vehicle but escaped The man then shot himself and died in a hospital, according to police.

September 13, 2001: Los Angeles, CA
A 16-year-old male high school student was shot to death near his high school as he was walking home from the school after dismissal. The student died at the scene. A male passenger got out of a car that pulled up to the victim and his friends, according to reports, asking him what gang they were from and then shooting him.

October 12, 2001: Salt Lake City, UT
A 17-year-old male high school student committed suicide by shooting himself with a handgun in a school hallway.

November 7, 2001: Brookline, MA
A 16-year-old male 10th-grade charter school student, who was riding the subway home from his school at around 6:45pm, was shot in the chest and died from an attempted robbery by two 19-year-old suspects.

November 12, 2001: Caro, Michigan
A 17-year-old male alternative school student armed with a .22-caliber rifle, a 20-guage shotgun, and a package of gunpowder took a teacher and 15-year-old female classmate hostage, shot at the principal, and then shot himself in the head after releasing his hostages. The suspect, who died, reportedly was despondent after having broken up with his girlfriend two days earlier. The hostages were released after being held over a period of three hours, at which time the suspect shot himself as police tactical officers were preparing to enter the building.

December 11, 2001: Woodbridge, VA
A private security guard found the body of a 24-year-old male who was shot to death in his vehicle in a middle school parking lot shortly before 11pm. Police suspect that the shooting was drug-related.

December 13, 2001: Sun Valley, CA
A 15-year-old male high school student was shot and killed as he walked home with friends through an alley near his high school at 11:35am. Police were investigating whether the shooting was gang-related. They had no suspects.

January 30, 2002: Zanesville, OH
A 59-year-old male school maintenance worker shot a female school bus driver three times in the head and back as she was preparing to start her route and then fatally shot himself. The female driver, age 41, later died.

February 15, 2002: New Orleans, LA
A 46-year-old Orleans Parish school system custodian shot himself with a single gunshot to the head, according to police, as detectives were headed to his come to arrest him on allegations of stealing more then $20,000 in paychecks that were still being issued by the district to a former employee. An investigation started when the former employee received a tax withholding form for the period and informed the school system. Police stated that they believed he killed himself because of the pending charges.

February 20, 2002: Milwaukee, WI
A 16-year-old male high school student was shot to death in the parking lot of another high school around 8:45pm following a basketball game between two rival city high school teams. A male who identified himself as the victim's uncle stated that he was shot in the head. The shooting occurred during a brawl that involved approximately 100 people, according to reports.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:45 am 

BREAKING NEWS :

May 5 , 2013

52 MILLION legally registered gun owners DID NOTHING ILLEGAL WITH THEIR GUNS TODAY !

:P

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:49 am 

Boy, 8, accidentally kills self at gun show

Child was firing an Uzi submachine gun under adult supervision at fair

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27399337/ns/u ... YYZNOBJWa4

"It's all legal & fun — No permits or licenses required!!!!" reads the ad, posted on the club's Web site.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

"It's all legal & fun — No permits or licenses required!!!!" reads the ad, posted on the club's Web site.

That was from 2008

" Although the death appeared to be an accident, officials were investigating.
It is legal in Massachusetts for children to fire a weapon if they have permission from a parent or legal guardian and are supervised by a properly certified and licensed instructor, Lt. Hipolito Nunez said. "

Today

Baby killed as mother's car crushes pushchair
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chair.html

Lets get rid of guns , cars , children , mothers , forks , shoe horns , pencils ,tootsie rolls , swiss cheese , telephones , horses ....

Honestly , Spacer , what the hell is your ultimate point ?

It's either get rid of all guns or people , right ?

Be a man and tell us where you stand :P

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:25 pm 

Happy Cinco de Mayo...Bang, bang...bang...click. Timeout to reload! :|

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:45 pm 

Happy Sinkhole back atcha :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:46 pm 

Rudy: To check and see
No wrong's been done
That's one good reason
I carry a gun

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:53 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Rudy: To check and see
No wrong's been done
That's one good reason
I carry a gun

So that's why Spacebrother hates guns....he's anti-union!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:53 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

That was from 2008

Does it really matter when it was from? I'm sure it still matters to the kids parents.

pedro2 wrote:
Honestly , Spacer , what the hell is your ultimate point ?

I've made my point clear.

pedro2 wrote:
It's either get rid of all guns or people , right ?

I wouldn't trust you with a gun. You're an obvious candidate who needs psychiatric help and should never be allowed anywhere near a gun.

pedro2 wrote:
Be a man and tell us where you stand :P

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I've listed several solutions already. I'll list them again...

-Ban assault style weapons.
-Ban high capacity clips.
-Make background checks mandatory for every single purchase and transfer.
-Make a mandatory list of every single known gun to the owners, the seriel numbers and ballistics.
-Make a failure to do the last two suggestions require from fines up to criminal offenses based on refusal of gun owners/sellers/traders/transferee's.
-Require all gun owners to pay annual license, insurance and registration fee's to cover the costs of accidents, mishaps and crimes.
-Make the Failure to do of the last four solutions above lead to restrictions, suspensions on up to felony convictions for habitual offenders.

...for starters.

-edit

Three more...

-Make it mandatory for all gun owners to have to undergo annual or bi-annual gun safety courses and psychological screenings, either at the gun owners or manufacturerers expense.
-The failure to safely secure any firearm that is found to be used in a crime is the owners resaponsibility, regardless if the owner commited the crime or not, with case by case specific exceptions.
-Make it required by law that the possession of assault style weapons and high capacity clips is a felony punishable by fines and prison.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

'Volatile mix': Kids at risk for suicide can get guns, report finds

As many as one in five children who are at risk of suicide live in homes where they can get hold of guns...

...suicide rates overall are much higher in states with higher gun ownership.

“Where there are more guns in the United States, there are more people dying,”...

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05 ... inds?lite=

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:11 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

I wouldn't trust you with a gun. You're an obvious candidate who needs psychiatric help and should never be allowed anywhere near a gun.

Fuck you , you little cry baby.

Your pomp-ass superior attitude towards others that don't hold your view , is only surpassed by your dumbness in what you post.

When YOU become my peer , judge and jury , with a psychiatric degree , that will be the day I take myself out of the loop.

You are coming real close to libelous and slanderous wordplay and it would probably be wise for you to put yourself in check.

:evil:

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:18 pm 

Speaking of ignorant and unstable kooks who should never be allowed access to firearms...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05 ... tack?lite=
Quote:
Officials: Minnesota man arrested on suspicion of plotting terror attack

Federal officials believe a localized "terror attack" was thwarted when an FBI raid on a Minnesota man's mobile home turned up Molotov cocktails, pipe bombs and several firearms...

...Buford is linked to an unidentified militia group, officials said.

The FBI wouldn’t disclose information Monday about the nature or target of the alleged plot, but authorities believe Rogers was targeting an area of western Minnesota, The Associated Press reported...

This guy is another one of those types of wackos who would threaten that if you come to his town, he'll stick a gun barrel into your mouth.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:23 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

This guy is another one of those types of wackos who would threaten that if you come to his town, he'll stick a gun barrel into your mouth.

Who said that ??

Be very careful with your reply .

:wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:07 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Who said that ??

Be very careful with your reply .

:wink:

Why? Are you now going to come to my town instead, and threaten to shoot me again?

You said it. Right here...

pedro2 wrote:
You want a threat SpaceHead ? Come to a few neighborhoods in this town , nah , we'll go across the river to Kentucky and I'll show you some real racists , and you can spew what you have on this forum , for the past 5 years , and then we'll see just how many gun barrels fit in your mouth...

Gun wacko's... :roll: ...nothing but cowards who have to hide behind guns and threats if they don't agree with you.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:56 pm 

What a progressive liberal Can't Understand Normal Thinking excuse for a logical mind.

Can you even comprehend the written word , asshole ?

There is no threat by me in the statement of mine you quoted. None that are real , implied or even imagined by a mental midget like you.

Damn , buddy , whoever did the brainwashing in your school needs to hold you up as an example of how much harm it can really do.

Now run off and teach the world to sing in perfect harmony , drink a Pepsi and stay in your dream like Utopia you think is reality.

The real world is still here for us more stable folks.

:P

As far as hiding behind things , we don't live too far from each other , do we ?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:10 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Yea blanks who cares where I live there is a bounty on yotes, which by the way is our state animal. Some people live miles from the next human, like i said in city limits not so much, heck Space bro can just shoot his mouth off, I think I just heard him .

I used to get $45 for a 'Yotes, pelt/carcass (hung over the ranchers fence post) right here in California, up in the Sierra Nevada foothills, Calavaras County area. Good money in the '70's, when my work was seasonal. About the time my unemployment checks ran out and just before start-up for the season, that extra $$'s came in real handy. It helped spice up the mac and cheese diet I would be on for a few weeks before the first paycheck of the season. I fished a lot too with no license. What are they gonna do? Put me in jail and clothe and feed me! :roll: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:13 pm 

Ever notice how when somebody has no legitimate argument in favor of their pro-gun postion how they resort to making personal statements, attacks and in some cases, threats? Oh well. If he doesn't like it, tough. It won't stop me from continuing to provide lists of casualties who either died or were injured, because they are out of touch with common sense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAJOR SCHOOL SHOOTINGS IN THE UNITED STATES - 2000 - 2001 School year

September 5, 2000: Bidwell, OH
A 66-year-old man shot his wife, a 52-year-old school cook, to death in an elementary school parking lot about an hour before students arrived and then went home and killed himself, according to police.

September 7, 2000: Lowell, IN
A 16 year veteran officer of a county police force died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head outside an elementary school

September 13, 2000: Rock Island, IL
A 19-year-old male was gunned down in an elementary school parking lot after school hours while the building was closed.

October 19, 2000: New York, NY
Two 16-year-old high school male students were arrested in the stabbing death of a 12-year-old intermediate school student who had been in the high school cafeteria with a 15-year-old male high school student. The 15-year-old male, who was later arrested when a police officer saw him carrying a .44 Magnum, and the victim had been fighting in the cafeteria with the two 16-year-olds. The 12-year-old was later stabbed in the chest about a block away from the school. The incident was suspected to be gang-related.

October 23, 2000: Los Angeles, CA
A 20-year-old security guard was shot and killed in the parking lot of a newly opened school for first-time, teenage offenders, while guarding the lot around 1:05a.m.

October 24, 2000: New York, NY
An 18-year-old teen was shot and killed by two robbers as he was assisting a special education teacher in changing a tire on her car outside of a Brooklyn High School. The victim died from a bullet wound to the neck. He went to the school to assist the teacher from a gas station where he was training to be a tow-truck dispatcher, according to reports.

October 27, 2000: Memphis, TN
An 18-year-old male high school graduate was shot and killed outside of a high school following a homecoming pep rally.

December 1, 2000: Los Angeles, CA
A 17-year-old high school senior pulled his car onto the campus parking lot, set up a video camera and shot himself to death in front of classmates. Police said that the male was having trouble with a girl.

December 7, 2000: San Pablo, CA
A 16-year-old student was killed after being shot in the neck by someone in a passing car across the street from his high school as he was walking back from visiting his grandmother around 12:45pm. He stumbled into the campus in front of administrative offices and was rushed to the hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

December 8, 2000: Shiloh, MD
A 14-year-old high school student died after being found in a high school restroom with what police reported as an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

December 19, 2000: Miami, FL
A 32-year-old armored car driver died after being shot in the head by two teenagers who robbed him of $300 after he made a pick-up at an elementary school and walked back to his van. The robbery occurred after school had let out for the day, although reports indicate that some students were on the grounds at the time of the incident at 3:45pm.

January 10, 2001: Oxnard, CA
A 17-year-old non-student gunman was shot and killed by police after taking a 17-year-old female student hostage in an open quadrangle area of the high school after having shot several times at a car in the parking lot during lunch time.

January 17, 2001: Baltimore, MD
A 17-year-old male high school student was shot to death while standing near a flagpole in front of the school's main entrance. Two young men who were not students at that school were taken into custody when there car was stopped moments later away from the school.

January 29, 2001: Arlington, TX
A 13-year-old seventh-grader shot himself to death in a second-floor restroom at his junior high school.

February 3, 2001: Charleston, SC
A 19-year-old male was arrested for the shooting murder of another 19-year-old man in a parking lot across from the gym at a high school following a high school step-dance competition.

March 5, 2001: Santee, CA
A 15-year-old male student was charged for killing two classmates, ages 14 and 15, and wounding 13 other people in a shooting rampage (11 students, a student teacher, and a school security official).

March 30, 2001: Gary, IN
A 16-year-old 10th grade male student was shot in the head and killed in a high school parking lot by a 17-year-old former student.

April 3, 2001: Klein, TX
A 13-year-old eighth-grade female student reportedly shot herself to death inside a school restroom during the middle school's second period of classes.

April 23, 2001: San Jose, CA
A 36-year-old school bus driver was arrested at a contracted company's bus yard after allegedly killing another driver and wounding three women with a semiautomatic handgun as drivers were getting their buses ready for the start of the school workday. Bus services for a number of children were reportedly delayed by several hours.

April 26, 2001: Cleveland, OH
A 33-year-old evening custodian was shot to death in a high school parking lot as he was leaving work at 11:00pm.

May 15, 2001: Ennis, TX
A 16-year-old male sophomore shot himself to death in front of an English teacher and a female student.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:46 pm 

World’s first plastic gun made with 3D printer, successfully fired in the United States

The successful firing of the world’s first plastic gun made with 3D printing technology, has brought immediate calls for a ban on so-called “undetectable weapons.”

The gun, called “The Liberator”, was made and developed in Austin, Texas by a non-profit organization called Defense Distributed, which claims its purpose is to “produce and publish information related to the 3D printing of firearms.”

The weapon was made with a 3D printer bought on eBay for just $8,000, and constructed by assembling 15 printed components made from ABS plastic. According to the BBC, which witnessed the weapon’s first test, only the 16th piece, the firing pin, is made from metal.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:21 am 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:18 am 

'Cause I'm paranoid. I'm very paranoid.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:48 pm 

Ohhhh say can you see by the dawns early light

the new plastic gun on your airports x-ray machine?

Gee I sure hope so....

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:07 am 

US government Department of Justice, reports gun homicide down Sharply, 1993 over 18000 gun homicides Now, 11000, that is a 39% drop in gun death, so we see that Spacer is full of shit on this subject there ARE adequate laws on the books and the focus looks like it should be to enforce the laws we have NOT blather on a music forum about a subject which he knows nothing about !!!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:37 am 

Once again, I am not advocating for gun control. I just like to keep abreast of things.
One thing is clear though: it is near impossible to get to the facts due to so many variables.
One must factor in drug epidemics, trauma technology/response (think Iraq, would be far worse casualty wise without new fangled response efforts), etc. The study above quoted by BS is for homicides. I am personally more concerned about ACCIDENTS an THOSE THAT SURVIVED a violent attack. Who is really footing the bill for the health care, the cops, etcetera?

Last edited by brainpang on Wed May 08, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:24 am 

While the overall gun crime rates have decreased with all of the states data is combined, including states with the highest populations, the individual state statistics shows a completely different story, particularly the states with the highest gun ownership rates per population versus less strict gun laws...

Some states had an increase in gun crime rates ---------> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... =en#gid=10

States that saw an increase in gun crime rates and percentage of increase from 2010 - 2011

Akansas - 18% increase
Colorado - 12% increase
Idaho - 42% increase
Illinois - 4% increase
Idiana - 29% increase
Kansas - 16% increase
Louisiana - 15% increase
Maine - 19% increase
Massachusetts - 3% increase
Michigan - 9% increase
Nebraska - 31% increase
New Hampshire - 20% increase
New Jersey - 9% increase
North Carolina - 17% increase
North Dakota - 50% increase
Ohio - 11% increase
Oklahoma - 18% increase
Oregon - 11% increase
Pennsylvania - 3% increase
South Carolina - 8% increase
Tennessee - 11% increase
Utah - 18% increase
Vermont - 100% increase
West Virginia - 120% increase

The rest of the states, including mos of the most populous saw decreases, thus affecting the overall national statistics when combined. Nearly half of the states have seen increases.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 53  Next