Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:32 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:01 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
No you are wrong, and the point is; this very thing just happened in sw, oregon, Can you not read, this is what i am trying to debate with you. How the fuck do you think laws are made? You have to take into consideration what if's, or do you blindly blunder your way through life. Again the county this gal lived in is to large for the sheriff dept. to respond, look it up on abc news and listen to the 911 recording for your self, now put your self in that situation, you called the cops they said they had no one to respond, what the fuck do you( SB) do? Now you say you don't do what if's ,well ALL your reports are based on what if's, that is, what if some one tried to defend them self and the purp took the gun and killed them with it, ok, so you like that what if. What if the fed gov. gave guns to mexican gangs to see where the guns go, and it backfires and they are used to kill over 300 innocent people, oh yea that happened, what if we drop a nuke on japan ,will that stop the war, oh yea that happened, so it looks to me like you are just another educated idiot, that hasn't got the balls to answer a question when asked, you have rectal sightis, thats correct, the nerves in your ass are crossed with the nerves in your eyes and you have a shitty outlook on life. IMHO you suck snail shit.

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Hide the pencil sharpener from bubble boy, aka SB.

You never answered my question...What would you do if your superiors in the military raped you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 am 

70-Year-Old Concealed Gun Permit Holder Arrested for Murder in Utah

Anymore, incidents of so-called “law-abiding citizens” with state-issued permits to carry concealed weapons shooting and killing their fellow citizens are becoming so commonplace as to merit special mention only in particularly noteworthy examples.

The Fort Hood terrorist shooter is a recent example.

The Appomattox mass killer is an even more recent one.

Then yesterday, the Salt Lake Tribune reported a 70-year-old woman has been arrested for shooting and killing a 34-year-old Head Start teacher, the single mother of two children, outside the teacher’s school:

a 70-year-old woman has been arrested for shooting and killing a 34-year-old Head Start teacher, the single mother of two children, outside the teacher’s school:

On Friday, 70-year-old Mary Nance Hanson went looking for Tetyana Nikitina carrying a loaded gun, police said.

About 3 p.m., she found the 34-year-old teacher outside the Head Start school where she worked.

Hanson fired five shots from her .38-caliber revolver as Nikitina sat behind the wheel of her Dodge Mangum, killing her.

As the single mother of two bled, Hanson called 911 from the corner of the parking lot and told dispatchers she had just shot the woman. When asked why, Hanson replied she did not know and that was all she was going to say.

And on Friday night, she still wasn’t talking, said Unified Police Lt. Don Hutson.

“That is still a mystery to us. What may have tipped her over the edge, why the timing, that is not clear,” Hutson said. “I’m not sure we’re going to know that until the time comes for trial, because she’s not explaining.”

Police say Hanson shot at least five bullets. Nikitina was struck in the head, and her car rolled into a parked minivan. Hutson said police found five shell casings in the parking lot and five bullets in the pistol’s cylinder, noting that Hanson had reloaded the gun.

Hutson said some teachers in the school saw the shooting. Angela Crosby, a parent who was taking a child-development class at the Head Start building, heard the shots.

“When I looked out the window, the lady was in the corner” of the parking lot, Crosby said.

Crosby said Hanson was pointing to herself. Police forcibly took her to the ground, Crosby said, and took her gun. Hanson had a gash on her forehead when she was placed in a police car about an hour later.

Hanson had a concealed firearm permit issued or renewed three months ago, Hutson said….

Just to be clear: the State of Utah just gave an accused killer — a so-called “law-abiding citizen” — permission to carry a revolver used in the shooting death of a Head Start teacher and single mother.

Apparently Utah thought that was good policy.

(Do you hear that? Yes, that’s the NRA’s deafening silence)...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:10 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
No you are wrong, and the point is; this very thing just happened in sw, oregon, Can you not read, this is what i am trying to debate with you. How the fuck do you think laws are made? You have to take into consideration what if's, or do you blindly blunder your way through life. Again the county this gal lived in is to large for the sheriff dept. to respond, look it up on abc news and listen to the 911 recording for your self, now put your self in that situation, you called the cops they said they had no one to respond, what the fuck do you( SB) do? Now you say you don't do what if's ,well ALL your reports are based on what if's, that is, what if some one tried to defend them self and the purp took the gun and killed them with it, ok, so you like that what if. What if the fed gov. gave guns to mexican gangs to see where the guns go, and it backfires and they are used to kill over 300 innocent people, oh yea that happened, what if we drop a nuke on japan ,will that stop the war, oh yea that happened, so it looks to me like you are just another educated idiot, that hasn't got the balls to answer a question when asked, you have rectal sightis, thats correct, the nerves in your ass are crossed with the nerves in your eyes and you have a shitty outlook on life. IMHO you suck snail shit.

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Hide the pencil sharpener from bubble boy, aka SB.

You never answered my question...What would you do if your superiors in the military raped you?

Well it would only be one time, unless they locked me up like the girls in Cleveland, I would retaliate with what ever means at my disposal. Not very likely to happen to a man in the military during my era but that is neither here nor there. My answer is the same to assault military or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:35 am 

Florida bouncer accused of killing three in humiliation over being punked

A bouncer at a Florida nightclub shot and killed three other bouncers early Sunday morning after being humiliated by a video prank, according to police.

...According to an Ocala police statement, Lobban said he shot the men — identified as Benjamin Larz Howard, 23; Jerry Lamar Bynes Jr., 20; and Josue Santiago, 25 — because they were laughing and teasing him over an embarrassing video of Lobban that one of the victims had recorded and shared with the others...

...Ocala police Sgt. Angy Scroble told the Ocala Star-Banner that it showed Lobban misfiring his gun at a shooting range.

...Lobban told police he "harbored ill will towards the three since [the recording] had occurred," according to the statement.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06 ... nked?lite=

Gee, a guy is pissed because he obviously isn't properly trained about the operation of a gun, then turns around and shoots those who called him out on it. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:21 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:36 am 

Another week, another child shot, sportsman gun club negligent shooting and a person with a gun emboldened to use a gun in an argument. Gun chumps are stupid fucks and innocent people die and get injured because o ftheir dumb fuckery. :roll:

10-Year-Old Boy Killed While Playing With Friend, Loaded Gun

According to police, the child and a 9-year-old girl were handling a loaded gun in the garage of a housing complex when the shooting took place, local news outlets report. Though the boy, identified by ABC 10News as Eric Klyaz, was rushed to a local hospital, he succumbed to his injuries later that day.

As the Associated Press notes, the girl's 14-year-old sibling was babysitting at the time, and no adults were present. After the shot rang out shortly after 4 p.m., adults nearby ran to the garage and discovered Klyaz had been shot in the chest. Police found a 9 mm semi-automatic at the scene.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/0 ... 91185.html

St. Charles Sportsmen's Club Shooting: 69-Year-Old Man Accidentally Fires Gun, Injures 10

...The 69-year-old man, a member of the St. Charles Sportsmen's Club, 44W471 Keslinger Road in unincorporated Blackberry Township near Elburn, was putting his 12-gauge shotgun away and loaded what he thought was a snap cap into the gun around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Instead, he had loaded a live round, which was fired after he pulled the trigger toward the floor,...

The buckshot from the round hit the floor and bounced up before it hit several people, including three males -- aged 14, 31 and 60...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/0 ... 91305.html

Man convicted in shooting outside SC Waffle House

...Authorities said Baker had been arguing with 23-year-old Anthony Young when Baker pulled out a gun and shot Young several times. Young died at the scene...

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/articl ... z2VXqYAKgI

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:20 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:18 am 

Quite a lot of your pictures, Little_Sally, could be understood as arguments for gun control, particularly from an increasingly simple-minded person such as myself.

Last edited by Caputh on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:18 am 

10 Pro-Gun Myths, Shot Down
Fact-checking some of the gun lobby's favorite arguments shows they're full of holes.

By cutting off federal funding for research and stymieing data collection and sharing, the National Rifle Association has tried to do to the study of gun violence what climate deniers have done to the science of global warming. No wonder: When it comes to hard numbers, some of the gun lobby's favorite arguments are full of holes.

Myth #1: They're coming for your guns.

Fact-check: No one knows the exact number of guns in America, but it's clear there's no practical way to round them all up (never mind that no one in Washington is proposing this). Yet if you fantasize about rifle-toting citizens facing down the government, you'll rest easy knowing that America's roughly 80 million gun owners already have the feds and cops outgunned by a factor of around 79 to 1.

Sources - Small Arms Survey, Congressional Research Service

Myth #2: Guns don't kill people—people kill people.
Fact-check: People with more guns tend to kill more people—with guns. The states with the highest gun ownership rates have a gun murder rate 114% higher than those with the lowest gun ownership rates. Also, gun death rates tend to be higher in states with higher rates of gun ownership. Gun death rates are generally lower in states with restrictions such as assault-weapons bans or safe-storage requirements.

Sources - Pediatrics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Myth #3: An armed society is a polite society.

Fact-check: Drivers who carry guns are 44% more likely than unarmed drivers to make obscene gestures at other motorists, and 77% more likely to follow them aggressively.
• Among Texans convicted of serious crimes, those with concealed-handgun licenses were sentenced for threatening someone with a firearm 4.8 times more than those without.
• In states with Stand Your Ground and other laws making it easier to shoot in self-defense, those policies have been linked to a 7 to 10% increase in homicides.

Myth #4: More good guys with guns can stop rampaging bad guys.

Fact-check: Mass shootings stopped by armed civilians in the past 30 years: 0
• Chances that a shooting at an ER involves guns taken from guards: 1 in 5

Myth #5: Keeping a gun at home makes you safer.

Fact-check: Owning a gun has been linked to higher risks of homicide, suicide, and accidental death by gun.
• For every time a gun is used in self-defense in the home, there are 7 assaults or murders, 11 suicide attempts, and 4 accidents involving guns in or around a home.
43% of homes with guns and kids have at least one unlocked firearm.
• In one experiment, one third of 8-to-12-year-old boys who found a handgun pulled the trigger.

Myth #6: Carrying a gun for self-defense makes you safer.

Fact-check: In 2011, nearly 10 times more people were shot and killed in arguments than by civilians trying to stop a crime.
• In one survey, nearly 1% of Americans reported using guns to defend themselves or their property. However, a closer look at their claims found that more than 50% involved using guns in an aggressive manner, such as escalating an argument.
• A Philadelphia study found that the odds of an assault victim being shot were 4.5 times greater if he carried a gun. His odds of being killed were 4.2 times greater.

Myth #7: Guns make women safer.

Fact-check: In 2010, nearly 6 times more women were shot by husbands, boyfriends, and ex-partners than murdered by male strangers.
• A woman's chances of being killed by her abuser increase more than 7 times if he has access to a gun.
• One study found that women in states with higher gun ownership rates were 4.9 times more likely to be murdered by a gun than women in states with lower gun ownership rates.

Myth #8: "Vicious, violent video games" deserve more blame than guns.

Fact-check: So said NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre after Newtown. So what's up with Japan?

Per capita spending on video games - USA = $44 / Japan = $55

Civilian firearms per 100 people - USA = 88 / Japan = 0.6

Gun homicides in 2008 - USA = 11,030 / Japan = 11

Sources - PricewaterhouseCoopers, Small Arms Survey, UN Office on Drugs and Crime

Myth #9: More and more Americans are becoming gun owners.

Fact-check: More guns are being sold, but they're owned by a shrinking portion of the population.
About 50% of Americans said they had a gun in their homes in 1973. Today, about 45% say they do. Overall, 35% of Americans personally own a gun.
• Around 80% of gun owners are men. On average they own 7.9 guns each.

Myth #10: We don't need more gun laws—we just need to enforce the ones we have.

Fact-check: Weak laws and loopholes backed by the gun lobby make it easier to get guns illegally.
Around 40% of all legal gun sales involve private sellers and don't require background checks. 40% of prison inmates who used guns in their crimes got them this way.
• An investigation found 62% of online gun sellers were willing to sell to buyers who said they couldn't pass a background check.
20% of licensed California gun dealers agreed to sell handguns to researchers posing as illegal "straw" buyers.
• The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives has not had a permanent director for 6 years, due to an NRA-backed requirement that the Senate approve nominees.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:20 am 

See? Even my above post post had to be edited.
LS, try pitching your pictures to the lowest common denominator - perhaps I'll be convinced sooner or later.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:15 am 

Caputh wrote:
Quite a lot of your pictures, Little_Sally, could be understood as arguments for gun control, particularly from an increasingly simple-minded person such as myself.

Caputh I totally disagree keep the posts coming sally

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:30 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Caputh wrote:

I kinda agree with Caputh. These pix of LS's are all about kids and young women with guns. Do we have to teach our kids that the only way to settle anything is with a gun? As for the young chicks he likes to post shooting guns, "god has no furry than a woman scorned" and now she's armed with an assault rifle. It would seem that one could really backfire on you. Just my opinion. I'm fine with guns, but like everything in life I don't want it shoved down my throat every time I look up either and using armed women and children to make a point about dead women and children isn't going to make it with anyone anyhow. :|

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:37 am 

Wonders if Little Sally ever got lost as the police bossed the crowd back in a rage , with guns :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:49 am 

Speaking of female gun wacko's...

Texas woman arrested in ricin letters to Obama, Bloomberg: Officials

A Texas woman has been arrested in connection with the mailing of three letters containing a form of the poison ricin to President Obama, New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg and the director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, federal authorities said...

...“You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns,” the message sent to Bloomberg read, according to NBC New York, which obtained a copy of the letter. “Anyone who wants to come to my house will get shot in the face..."

The toxin ricin can be made from castor beans, has no antidote, and takes about 36 hours to kill.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06 ... cials?lite

Time to hold the gun industry and the NRA responsible for creating a culture of terrorism.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:40 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Caputh wrote:

BRAVO - glad to see that you don't think I'm simple minded and agree that [s]he should keep the posts coming. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:37 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Speaking of female gun wacko's...

Texas woman arrested in ricin letters to Obama, Bloomberg: Officials

A Texas woman has been arrested in connection with the mailing of three letters containing a form of the poison ricin to President Obama, New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg and the director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, federal authorities said...

...“You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns,” the message sent to Bloomberg read, according to NBC New York, which obtained a copy of the letter. “Anyone who wants to come to my house will get shot in the face..."

The toxin ricin can be made from castor beans, has no antidote, and takes about 36 hours to kill.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06 ... cials?lite

Time to hold the gun industry and the NRA responsible for creating a culture of terrorism.

Looks like you jumped the gun (pun intended! :D ) on that one. Letters were meant to get her husband in trouble, not because she seriously meant what she wrote!

"A law enforcement official told CNN's Susan Candiotti that they believe Richardson sent the letters herself. She was angry at her husband, the official said."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/07/justice/r ... rs-arrest/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:41 pm 

I find it repulsive and rather lowlife-ish when people think threats of gun violence and terrorist acts are funny. I could be your family member or loved one killed with your gun... :roll: sad...

Santa Monica College Shooting Leaves Several Wounded, Two Found Dead In Burned Home

Santa Monica College was placed on lockdown Friday after reports that a suspect fired a gun inside a campus building...

...Two other people were also found dead in a burned home near campus, Jeff Furrows of the Santa Monica Fire Department said to the AP. A woman also was found with a gunshot wound in a car outside the burned home, he said...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/0 ... 04689.html

edit -

the casualty rate from wacko gun chump is on the rise :

As many as seven dead, including gunman, in shooting rampage...

As many as six people were killed and two to three others injured Friday when a gunman clad in black went on a rampage through Santa Monica, Calif., before being shot to death in the library of a community college, authorities said. Another person, described as a "person of interest," was in custody, they said.

The shootings took place just three miles away from where President Barack Obama was scheduled to attend a fundraising event...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06 ... geles?lite

The NRA and gun industry are harboring terrorists and treasonists.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:36 pm 

15 Year Old Leaves Anti Gun Politicians Gun Speechless - Nsearch Radio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAFAkh8meoc

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:52 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I find it repulsive and rather lowlife-ish when people think threats of gun violence and terrorist acts are funny. I could be your family member or loved one killed with your gun... :roll: sad...

Hurts to be wrong, does it?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:27 am 

just plain doug wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Hurts to be wrong, does it?

The lady made gun related terrorist threats and sent a poisonous substance to the mayor of NYC, the potus and a gun control group. Where exactly was I wrong to call this lady a gun chump wacko? Sad thing is you seem to think it's funny that gun related terrorist threats with a poisonous substance were made against the mayor of NYC, the potus and a gun control group. :roll: Whether she was trying to frame somebody or not, it's still a gun wack-job terrorist threat.

I suppose you think this is funny too...

4-year-old boy accidentally shoots and kills his father while visiting a Prescott Valley home

PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. — Authorities in northern Arizona say a 4-year-old boy has accidentally shot and killed his father at a Prescott Valley home.

Prescott Valley police say the shooting occurred just after noon Friday.

The 35-year-old man and his young son were visiting from Phoenix and were at a friend’s house.

Police say the boy somehow found a gun in the home’s living room and accidentally fired it and a bullet hit his father, who was rushed to a hospital where he died.

Fourteen-year-old Brian Zuckor was found dead at the school and 17-year-old Randy Gordon died at the hospital, suffering from extensive injuries and trauma.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html

:roll:

------------------------------------

I'm sure this 15 year old left a couple of people speechless too....on a permenant basis... :roll:

15-year-old opens fire, kills 2, wounds 13

Andrew Williams, 15, allegedly opened fire on a group of students standing outside a first floor restroom at about 9 a.m. Monday. The shooter subsequently made his way down the length of the hallway, firing as he went...

...“He was telling us how he was going to bring a gun to school … but we thought he was joking,” ...

...“We believe the gun came from the house,” Zoll said. “It was kept locked up there. He did somehow obtain a key and get the gun.”...

...County District Attorney Paul Pfingst admitted that Williams had already delivered statements but that authorities were reluctant to release the content of those statements.

Pfingst said that Williams is an angry young man who harbored no resentment towards any particular group.

“It was somebody that was convenient to shoot, and he shot.” he said...

http://mainecampus.com/2001/03/07/15-ye ... wounds-13/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:44 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The lady made gun related terrorist threats and sent a poisonous substance to the mayor of NYC, the potus and a gun control group. Where exactly was I wrong to call this lady a gun chump wacko? Sad thing is you seem to think it's funny that gun related terrorist threats with a poisonous substance were made against the mayor of NYC, the potus and a gun control group. :roll: Whether she was trying to frame somebody or not, it's still a gun wack-job terrorist threat.

Actually..no. I feel the pun is amusing in this context, but not threats.
And also...no...she is not a gun wacko. Her intent was to get her husband in trouble because she was angry with him. She only wrote what she thought would get him arrested. She didn't write those words because she supported gun ownership. She wrote them because she's a crazy lady trying to fuck-up her husband's life.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:10 am 

jpd , SB is not rational on this subject,as you can see in his post's, he has made his opinion abundantly clear and that is fine with me. What I find repugnant is the manipulation of facts and condemnation of what he believes to be "gun wackos". This kind of hyperbole is what is considered stereotyping. This has no place in a music forum. SB has shown that he has no real opinion him self just reposted articles that he thinks supports gun legislation. It would appear that his only solution is to ban guns. I have seen a post he made outlining a procedure of gun ownership that is irrational, and unenforceable, but then he supports the obama admin., that we now see has no problem stepping on constitutional rights. This guy has NO personal opinion on the subject, just a need to list what others have said. Regardless of validity.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:41 am 

Caputh wrote:

Ahh there lies the rub !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:28 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Caputh wrote:

I kinda agree with Caputh. These pix of LS's are all about kids and young women with guns. Do we have to teach our kids that the only way to settle anything is with a gun? As for the young chicks he likes to post shooting guns, "god has no furry than a woman scorned" and now she's armed with an assault rifle. It would seem that one could really backfire on you. Just my opinion. I'm fine with guns, but like everything in life I don't want it shoved down my throat every time I look up either and using armed women and children to make a point about dead women and children isn't going to make it with anyone anyhow. :|

You are overanalyzing the photos of kids and gals shooting. I would say that in 99% of the case these folks are shooting for the fun. Comparatively, most folks that have guns have them for shooting sports and plinking cans it's fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 53  Next