Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 53  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Caputh wrote:
Disco Douche wrote:

Incorrect. It's not 30,000. It's between 10,000-12,000 annually. And 75% of those deaths are suicide and/or gang related. :roll:


SPACEBROTHER's source is a well-respected German news magazine. It is also supported by this graph from which shows gun-related deaths on an annual basis from 1979-2011 with a projection for 2012-2015:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-1 ... -2015.html.
Could you please provide a source for the above 10,000-12,000 figure?


He just wants to argue despite knowing that he knows he's wrong...the majority of the time.

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Look all this gun control crapola is fine but where is the outrage over many more daily weekly , monthly and annual death by cancer, diabetes, drunk driving, and suicide? These numbers dwarf gun death.


Where is you're outrage at all of the gun deaths? If I was a gun advocate, I'd be more pissed at the assholes fucking it up for the rest of you than the people who want less gun violence. Is it that you just don't care how many people and who are killed by guns and would rather protect criminals?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3689
I am outraged, but in as much as this forum goes i think we have pretty much beat the subject to death. Definitely your position has been made abundantly clear. I think you have opened some eyes on the subject.

_________________
A government Bureau is the closest thing to eternal life on earth that you will ever see


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3701
Location: Vancouver, BC
Just to let everyone know, I've placed Caputh (the original tweedle-dee) and SPACEBROTHER (tweedle-dumb) on my ignore list because I'm absolutely sick of their delusional and deceptive BS. So I won't be participating in any more meaninglessly lengthy flame wars...

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Another child shot...

Convicted felon sought in fatal shooting of 4-year-old Wash. boy

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162- ... -wash-boy/


What's up with gun wackos and Florida? Another mass shooting spree -

Police name suspect in Ft. Pierce fatal shooting spree

http://cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stori ... 9013.shtml


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Disco Boy wrote:
Just to let everyone know, I've placed Caputh (the original tweedle-dee) and SPACEBROTHER (tweedle-dumb) on my ignore list because I'm absolutely sick of their delusional and deceptive BS. So I won't be participating in any more meaninglessly lengthy flame wars...

No Mo Big Balls Bwana DB?!? :?

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3701
Location: Vancouver, BC
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Just to let everyone know, I've placed Caputh (the original tweedle-dee) and SPACEBROTHER (tweedle-dumb) on my ignore list because I'm absolutely sick of their delusional and deceptive BS. So I won't be participating in any more meaninglessly lengthy flame wars...

No Mo Big Balls Bwana DB?!? :?


I still got "Big Balls", K.K. It's just that discussing things with them is absolutely pointless - something I should've realized eons ago...

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Disco Boy wrote:
I still got "Big Balls", K.K. It's just that discussing things with them is absolutely pointless - something I should've realized eons ago...

Yes you should have, sometimes your passion for being right got in the way of everyday logic. You did good my friend, but as with everything, we are not always wrong and they are not always right. In there lies us "good People" and a balance that I hope you and I strive for. :wink: 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm
Posts: 339
Image

_________________
Banned
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/banned


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Updated -

Autopsy reveals 4-year-old Washington boy shot himself to death by accident

...authorities said an autopsy made it clear that Dwayne shot himself by accident.

"He said he went outside in the garage to smoke a cigarette, and he heard a boom and went back into the house, and (Dwayne) wasn't moving,"...


http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07 ... dent?lite=


Little_Sally seems to think that children killed from guns is funny. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm
Posts: 339
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Updated -

Autopsy reveals 4-year-old Washington boy shot himself to death by accident

...authorities said an autopsy made it clear that Dwayne shot himself by accident.

"He said he went outside in the garage to smoke a cigarette, and he heard a boom and went back into the house, and (Dwayne) wasn't moving,"...


http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07 ... dent?lite=


Little_Sally seems to think that children killed from guns is funny. :roll:

no not funny at all....just thinking of the millions and millions who are safe with guns

_________________
Banned
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/banned


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Yeah, right. :roll:


So you think war related deaths are bad, but gun ownership related deaths are good? :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm
Posts: 339
Sunday, July 21, 2013
Obama co-sponsored legislation strengthening Illinois' "stand your ground" law


This past week President Obama publicly urged the reexamination of state self-defense laws (see remarks below). However, nine years ago then-State Sen. Barack Obama actually co-sponsored a bill that strengthened Illinois' 1961 "stand your ground" law.

The Obama-sponsored bill (SB 2386) enlarged the state's 1961 law by shielding the person who was attacked from being sued in civil court by perpetrators or their estates when a "stand your ground" defense is used in protecting his or her person, dwelling or other property.

The bill unanimously passed the Democrat-controlled Illinois Senate on March 25, 2004 with only one comment, and passed the Democrat-controlled Illinois House in May 2004 with only two votes in opposition. Then-Governor Rod Blagojevich (D) signed it into law.

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illin ... enate.html

_________________
Banned
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/banned


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3701
Location: Vancouver, BC
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
I still got "Big Balls", K.K. It's just that discussing things with them is absolutely pointless - something I should've realized eons ago...

Yes you should have, sometimes your passion for being right got in the way of everyday logic. You did good my friend, but as with everything, we are not always wrong and they are not always right. In there lies us "good People" and a balance that I hope you and I strive for. :wink: 8)


I've stated this before but I guess I'll have to state it again: on a personal level, I don't have a passion for being right. However, it's important for me to get the story straight and ascertain things are correct. So when I present facts or evidence, I let that tell the story and at least try to be objective as possible. There's NOTHING wrong with asserting a viewpoint. As for logic: it never gets in my way, it actually guides me. But how other people interpret the above is their business...

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Your a good ZappaFreak DB. Anytime your down this way, lunch/dinner on Plook! Just kiddin', it would be a pleasure to break bread with you my man*. :wink: :D





*Batteries for Big Balls not included :P :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3701
Location: Vancouver, BC
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Your a good ZappaFreak DB. Anytime your down this way, lunch/dinner on Plook! Just kiddin', it would be a pleasure to break bread with you my man*. :wink: :D





*Batteries for Big Balls not included :P :mrgreen:


Anytime, K.K! I probably will make it down your way someday...:smoke:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Thing is, he wasn't right. When he's been called him out on his misinformation, not only by Caputh and myself, but many others here, for many years, he was/is the one who took/takes the first verbal stabs, everytime. The guy is pathological.


Oh well Image...Regardless of Disco Douche's delusions and deliberate misleading and frequently inaccurate information...



I'm glad this was put up on the What's New page...

http://tomhayden.com/home/trayvon-died- ... -sins.html

A re-armed George Zimmerman walks free, after a trial in which references to racism were forbidden by the judge. The unarmed Trayvon Martin, under the interpretation of the law, had no right to stand his ground against an armed vigilante. The “incident” considered by the jury, according to the instructions given by the judge, began with a physical confrontation between Trayvon and Zimmerman, not when Zimmerman launched his armed pursuit, muttering, “Fucking punks. These assholes, they always get away.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4972
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Your a good ZappaFreak DB. Anytime your down this way, lunch/dinner on Plook! Just kiddin', it would be a pleasure to break bread with you my man*. :wink: :D





*Batteries for Big Balls not included :P :mrgreen:


Give him a big kiss from me
(no tongue,mind!)

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19183
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The unarmed Trayvon Martin, under the interpretation of the law, had no right to stand his ground against an armed vigilante.

I still don't understand how turning around, walking back to confront Zimmerman, then punching him in the face, is considered "standing your ground".

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
just plain doug wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The unarmed Trayvon Martin, under the interpretation of the law, had no right to stand his ground against an armed vigilante.

I still don't understand how turning around, walking back to confront Zimmerman, then punching him in the face, is considered "standing your ground".



The quote should be attributed to this ---> http://tomhayden.com/home/trayvon-died- ... -sins.html <-----located on the "What's New" page.


Do you understand that Zimmerman, who was armed, was following Martin, an unarmed teenager, alone and at night? Quite possibly, as far as Martin knew, he could have thought that some guy was following him to rob him. We'll never know the full story because the other half of it is buried in the ground with a dead teenage kid who was unarmed, shot by a vigilante who was armed.

At minimum Zimmerman should have gotten manslaughter. Oh well, they (Florida's jurors and the justice system) let Casey Anthony free too. No surprises there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 1017
According to the girl friend , that spoke on Piers Morgan , Martin was afraid that Zimmerman was going to rape him.

There is also 4 minutes of time that Martin was not in sight for Zimmerman. If Zimmerman could not see where Martin was for 4 minutes , how did Zimmerman follow Martin ?

Some people just hate facts , don't they , SpaceAss ?

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19183
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The unarmed Trayvon Martin, under the interpretation of the law, had no right to stand his ground against an armed vigilante.

I still don't understand how turning around, walking back to confront Zimmerman, then punching him in the face, is considered "standing your ground".



The quote should be attributed to this ---> http://tomhayden.com/home/trayvon-died- ... -sins.html <-----located on the "What's New" page.


Do you understand that Zimmerman, who was armed, was following Martin, an unarmed teenager, alone and at night? Quite possibly, as far as Martin knew, he could have thought that some guy was following him to rob him. We'll never know the full story because the other half of it is buried in the ground with a dead teenage kid who was unarmed, shot by a vigilante who was armed.

At minimum Zimmerman should have gotten manslaughter. Oh well, they (Florida's jurors and the justice system) let Casey Anthony free too. No surprises there.

You keep leaving out that Martin confronted Zimmerman, and Martin's girlfriend, who was talking to him on his cellphone, testified that Martin was going back to confront the "creepy-assed cracker" who was watching him. (it's not a crime to watch people). Zimmerman did not arbitrarily pull out a gun and shoot Martin. He was part of the designated "neighborhood watch" group who were looking out for possible crimminal activity after, according to the local police chief, 8 home-invasions in the previous 14 months. Witnesses, and surveillence cameras, identified the robbers as "young black men", so watching Martin was understandable. If the home-invasions had been commited by asians, then you might have a point.
But, not about this incident.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3689
Thats just the situation, dumbass zimmerman, got out of his vehicle, to look where TM was ,TM saw this back tracked and let zimmerman have it in the schnoz, knocking him on his ass, TM was only 400 yards from his dads place, and instead of just going home he confronted zimmerman. I think it is a bad situation made worse, the thing that sucks is putting so much focus on THIS incident and not the 50 plus shot dead in chicago just a few weeks later, I think the same thing would have happened if tM were white, it's just the way the thing went down.

_________________
A government Bureau is the closest thing to eternal life on earth that you will ever see


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Thats just the situation, dumbass zimmerman, got out of his vehicle, to look where TM was ,TM saw this back tracked and let zimmerman have it in the schnoz, knocking him on his ass, TM was only 400 yards from his dads place, and instead of just going home he confronted zimmerman. I think it is a bad situation made worse, the thing that sucks is putting so much focus on THIS incident and not the 50 plus shot dead in chicago just a few weeks later, I think the same thing would have happened if tM were white, it's just the way the thing went down.

I tend to agree with ya BS. Out here, over in Oakland they're makin' a movie about the BART/Oakland officer shooting of an unarmed teenager on the BART train platform. It's way to common a practice by cops, now every armed person, to shoot first if you feel threatened. I hope the young dudes are getting hip to that message. Otherwise it's death by cop/vigilante if your not too careful or fit a profile.

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
There's shooting going on everywhere...the vast majority of which are in states with the highest gun ownerships per capita and the weakest laws...

Ark.-Pine Bluff LB killed in shooting

The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff says a freshman walk-on linebacker was shot to death outside his home in Louisiana.

The university says 20-year-old Lydell Hartford Jr. died early Tuesday at his home in Waggaman, La. Authorities say Hartford was fatally shot by a 16-year-old friend who was playing with a gun.

...

The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office says the teen apparently thought the gun was unloaded when he squeezed the trigger several times. Hartford was killed by a gunshot wound to the neck. The boy was arrested on a negligent homicide charge.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... ing-072413


This kid got a homicide charge for an accidental shooting. Zimmerman should have got a homicide charge for a deliberate shooting for following an unarmed teenager after the police dispatcher told him not to. :roll:

Another Florida Casey Anthony case where the murderer gets away with it. What a fucked up legal system in Florida. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Back to Zimmerman, Florida's newest OJ Simpson meets Casey Anthony...

Juror: Zimmerman 'got away with murder' but had to be acquitted

"... That George Zimmerman literally got away with murder..."


http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07 ... tted?lite=


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 53  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group